Banned from buying on bestbuy.com

encendido5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
A couple of months ago, my Best Buy account was hacked. I got an email for an order received for a video card and a memory, which I hadn't placed. I immediately went to the Best Buy site, cancelled the order, changed my password and the default shipping address. I contacted Best Buy on Twitter and they said I had taken the appropriate steps to safeguard my account and nothing else needed to be done.

Fast forward a month or so when I was looking to buy a monitor. I placed an order online for in-store pick-up and received a cancellation email shortly after. While my order was processing, I had found a better deal anyway so I ignored it.

This past week, I tried to order the Civil War Blu-Ray for in-store pick-up. I tried my credit card first and it was immediately cancelled. Then I tried ordering with a gift card and again, it was immediately cancelled.

I contacted Best Buy on Twitter and they followed up with an email saying they were looking into it. I received this email this morning:

Thank you for your patience as I was awaiting to hear back from my support teams. I have been informed that our systems will not allow you to make any orders on www.BestBuy.com. The only way you can purchasing items will be by visiting a Best Buy store location. I was unable to retrieve any more information around this subject. I do apologize about any inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns that I can address for you.
I'm not sure what to do now. I could start a new account I guess. Luckily my GCU expires in a month and I don't really have any rewards points to lose so it's not a huge loss. I'm going to try to call them later to see if there's any way to fix this.

Update: Best Buy fixed it for me so I'm able to buy stuff online again.  It took several calls and a couple of days to fix though.

bread's done
Back