NFL Knockout Pool: Congrats to our winner, Pirate331!

Danimal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Hey All.

I've really been missing Admiral Ackbar's annual "It's A Trap!" NFL knockout pool contest this year, so I decided I'd run one myself. If you are not familiar with the Admiral's contest, or pools of this type, please see the next post for all the details on how it works. Here's the short version: Each week, you pick one NFL team that you think will win their game that week. If they do, you survive into the next week. If they lose, you're out. You cannot pick the same team twice. Last person still in the pool wins.

IMPORTANT: This contest is closed to new entrants.  If you made a pick for Week 4, you're in, if you didn't, you are not. 

The winner will get their choice of a $30 gift card for XBox, Playstation, Nintendo EShop, or Steam. This prize might increase as the contest goes along, but money is tight in the Danimal household at the moment, so it also might not.  At least I can guarantee it won't go down. :lol:  UPDATE:  Let's go ahead and make that a $50 gift card for the winner.

Complete rules in the post below. PLEASE read them.

Week 11

And our winner is....

Pirate331- New York Giants

Our Final Knockout

pitfallharry219- Kansas City Chiefs

[customspoiler='Previous Results']

Week 5
Celebrating

Ransack- New England Patriots
GolfMan- New England Patriots
Kuroko- New England Patriots
ilikecheese9000- New England Patriots
waltercartman- New England Patriots
Shinra_Soldier7- New England Patriots
pablo escobar- New England Patriots
Lubis- New England Patriots
Crippldogg- New England Patriots
flyingmario5404- New England Patriots
Pirate331- New England Patriots
The Dark Enforcer- New England Patriots
toneroni- New England Patriots
fatboyjam- Indianapolis Colts
Mjkjets- Indianapolis Colts
sirmeep- Pittsburgh Steelers
pitfallharry219- Pittsburgh Steelers
funkydunkleman- Minnesota Vikings
Royal High Knight- Oakland Raiders
tejadab- Oakland Raiders
Burning Karma- Green Bay Packers

Commiserating

mango3s- No Pick
Iqlegit- No Pick
BossVersion1- No Pick
csidegamer- No Pick
sirtintly- Philadelphia Eagles
codeman85- Philadelphia Eagles

Week 6

Survivors

Ransack- Buffalo Bills
ilikecheese9000- Buffalo Bills
The Dark Enforcer- Buffalo Bills
tejadab- Buffalo Bills
Kuroko- Tennessee Titans
Royal High Knight- New England Patriots
sirmeep- New England Patriots
Mjkjets- New England Patriots
pitfallharry219- New England Patriots
GolfMan- Arizona Cardinals
fatboyjam- Arizona Cardinals
flyingmario5404- Arizona Cardinals
Pirate331- Arizona Cardinals

Casualties

Lubis- Denver Broncos
toneroni- No Pick
Burning Karma- Pittsburgh Steelers
waltercartman- Pittsburgh Steelers
Shinra_Soldier7- Pittsburgh Steelers
pablo escobar- Pittsburgh Steelers
funkydunkleman- Pittsburgh Steelers
Crippldogg- Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 7

Shiny Happy People

Pirate331- Green Bay Packers
GolfMan- Cincinnati Bengals
ilikecheese9000- Cincinnati Bengals
flyingmario5404- Cincinnati Bengals
Mjkjets- Cincinnati Bengals
pitfallharry219- Cincinnati Bengals
The Dark Enforcer- Cincinnati Bengals
tejadab- Cincinnati Bengals
fatboyjam- Kansas City Chiefs
Royal High Knight- Kansas City Chiefs

Everybody Hurts (Sometimes)

Kuroko- No Pick
Ransack- Baltimore Ravens
sirmeep- Atlanta Falcons

Week 8

See You Next Week!

Pirate331- Tennessee Titans
fatboyjam- New England Patriots
Mjkjets- Denver Broncos
pitfallharry219- Denver Broncos

See You Next Year!

Royal High Knight- Seattle Seahawks
GolfMan- Minnesota Vikings
ilikecheese9000- Minnesota Vikings
flyingmario5404- Minnesota Vikings
The Dark Enforcer- Minnesota Vikings
tejadab- Minnesota Vikings

Week 9

So Close...

Pirate331- Dallas Cowboys
pitfallharry219- Dallas Cowboys

And Yet So Far

fatboyjam- Green Bay Packers
Mjkjets- Green Bay Packers

Week 10

Keep On Keepin' On

Pirate331- Baltimore Ravens

pitfallharry219- Baltimore Ravens

[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
How the Contest Works:  This is a knockout style pool.  You pick a team each week of the NFL season; for this pool, we'll be starting with the games of Week 4.  If your team wins, you move on to the next week, and pick another team.  You can only pick a team once.  If your team loses, you're out of the pool.  I will lock the pool to new entries sometime (usually early) Sunday morning.  I'll post in the thread each Thursday to close the pool for picks in the Thursday night game.  Please make sure to post your pick before the pool is locked.  If you forget to post your pick by the time I close the pool each week, you're out.  If you choose a team you've already selected, I will ask you to make a different selection if I catch it in time.  If I don't, a repeat selection will also get you knocked out of the pool.  For the purposes of this contest, a tie is the same as a loss.  Your team must win to keep you alive in the contest.  New players will not be added after the Week 4 Entry deadline.  If you did not make a pick in Week 4, you are not in the contest.

IMPORTANT:  Unlike Admiral Ackbar's contest, there are NO BYE WEEKS in this contest.  Because I'm starting this a quarter of the way into the season, there will be no byes allowed.  You have no safety net if you forget to enter a pick each week.  You must pick a different winning team each week to stay in the contest.

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner:  The last person still alive in the pool will win the fabulous prize of a $30 gift card, their choice between Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, or Steam.  There will be only one winner.  If in any week all remaining players get knocked out, those players will survive into the next week until there is only one player left.  If we get to the end of the season with more than one player still standing, the contest will continue into the playoffs, with all playoff teams available to be selected again.  if we get all the way through the Super Bowl with multiple players still alive, I will draw a winner at random from the remaining players.

Disclaimers:  I will do my best to post a list of everyone's picks each week prior to kickoff on Sunday.  I will try to not make any mistakes, but I am human.  If you notice a mistake on my part, please contact me via pm ASAP to give me time to check on it and make any necessary changes.  I will close the thread to new entries each week sometime early Sunday morning.

Hey everyone, just wanted to give a quick update.  The prize for winning the Knockout Pool has been bumped from a $20 gift card to a $30 gift card, thanks to mango3s, who contacted me via pm and very generously donated $10 to the prize pool.  :applause:  :applause:  :applause:  I have edited my first two posts in this thread to show the new prize.

The prize may continue to grow as we go along, depending on what I can scrape together, so stay tuned.  :whistle2:k

Yahoo allows you to host these leagues if you wanted to set one up within Yahoo. Everyone could join and it would save you a lot of work as Yahoo would keep track of everything:

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival
Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep this in mind for next year. If Admiral Ackbar runs his pool again next year, I won't run one myself, but if he doesn't, I probably will. Starting at the beginning of the season would draw a lot more entrants; right now, with so few people in, it's really not going to be that much work anyway. I'm going to bookmark it for now. Much appreciated.

Great contest. Thanks to everyone who donated to the pool.

Cleveland at Washington 

I'll take Washington.

bread's done
Back