Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful with Move controllers. I hear if they have been on the store shelf or someone's collection too long the batteries just won't last long (and you can't replace them).

So where do you all recommend picking up a move controller?  It doesn't seem like all games require the Move controller, so maybe I can just stick with a ps4 controller until a good deal appears.

Try buying the controllers at Gamestop first, charge them and see if they work, if not just return them.

The batteries are like car batteries, if you don't use them they simply don't work anymore.

I'm not sure if they are already selling them in stores but the PSVR bundle will come with the second version of the camera, not the long rectangular one. If you can snag a bundle, I think it's worth the value if you don't have any of the pieces.

The reason I picked up a core bundle was because I had 1 move controller already.  I'm too cheap to pick up bundle. 

I feel like I can find a camera and controller for under 100 dollars.  I already found the camera at best buy on sale for 40 bucks new.  So all I need now is that move controller.

The only game I really want to play is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sk5ThgnI2k

Hopefully we can get together a list of games that are actually decent games to play and not gimmicky demos etc. I assume the titles priced at $20 are bullshit

Hopefully we can get together a list of games that are actually decent games to play and not gimmicky demos etc. I assume the titles priced at $20 are bullshit
You don't think "My Summer Lesson" will be any good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjzYaBDnakU

We all know at this point Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 will be the best one ;)

RIP Xbox

GnoBOcD.gif

Be careful with Move controllers. I hear if they have been on the store shelf or someone's collection too long the batteries just won't last long (and you can't replace them).
A teardown guide on ifixit shows the battery is replaceable on the PS Move controller.
https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/PlayStation+Move+Teardown/3594

Apparently there is a reset button on the controller as well.
https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/54841/My+controller+is+chagred+but+behaves+as+if+it+has+no+charge.

Interesting, so maybe the cheapest thing I can do is buy used controller ... Thanks for the ifixit site.

I'm seeing used controllers for 15 bucks and I can just replace the battery on my own.

They released a NEW camera for VR

amazon/PlayStation-4-Camera/dp/          B01LW1OM63

Which I thought the launch bundle was going to be updated with it.

"Well if it wasn't obvious already or some people are still wondering, yes it will include the new design camera."

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/51rafq/playstation_vr_bundle_to_include_new_design_camera/

Photo of bundle with new camera

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14258373_1142045799151407_7504085502489595033_o.jpg

Driveclub vr is definitely one I am picking up. Btw, which headphones are most people gonna use for the vr?

I don't get why everyone says the move controller batteries die at a rediculous rate? They have lithium ion batteries, the same as your phone, and dual shock 4. If you left a dualshock sit for 6 months, I doubt people would say it's useless. Seems like a bandwagon situation. Used controllers are to be worried about, but new move controllers? They've sat in a warehouse as long as most items.

Anyone know of any good deals on Move Controllers? I've decided that I'll need to pick up a couple of them now. Still need to pre-order a couple of games with my VR and it's looking like RIGS and PS VR Worlds so far and I think I am going to bite on that physical copy of Rez Infinite. 

I'm just looking at a local gamestop. That way I can return it if it sucks.  Are move controllers sold in BM stores anymore?

I'm just looking at a local gamestop. That way I can return it if it sucks. Are move controllers sold in BM stores anymore?
Most stores no longer carry the PS3 branded Move Controllers, but they are being repackaged to be sold alongside the PSVR.

I don't get why everyone says the move controller batteries die at a rediculous rate? They have lithium ion batteries, the same as your phone, and dual shock 4. If you left a dualshock sit for 6 months, I doubt people would say it's useless. Seems like a bandwagon situation. Used controllers are to be worried about, but new move controllers? They've sat in a warehouse as long as most items.
Extended storage, especially under-charged, will degrade Lithium battery capacity, that's exactly what the unused, even new, controller will be. You'd better to use it than store it.

It's not an issue for everyday use phone or occasionally use devices as degradation due to charge cycles will be more significant.

Out of curiosity, is anyone not upgrading to the Pro but still getting VR? Has Sony said if it's necessary?
The PS VR is designed for the original PS4 and the Pro is absolutely not necessary for the VR, but should make a bit of a difference performance wise. The real kicker is that even with the Pro you will still need to use the external box to hook the VR up. I'm getting the Pro and VR, but one of the main reasons I am getting a Pro is to have a second PS4 so my girlfriend can play more Fallout 4 and whatever else she wants to play, while I can enjoy more time with all of upcoming releases and maybe even my massive backlog!

just fyi for anyone that preordered at BestBuy and also got in on all those GCs on eBay

BB won't let you change payment info to GCs. only another CC. you'll have to return/rebuy it with the GCs

Keep in mind the $500 PSVR bundle comes with "PlayStation VR Worlds" that retails separately for $40. The Core package only comes with a demo disc.
I hadn't been keeping up with announcements, didn't realize they released official pricing on the stand-alone Worlds disc - it is one of the things I was wondering from the start, since I already have a camera and move controllers. $40 is disappointing, was hoping for no more than $30.

I hadn't been keeping up with announcements, didn't realize they released official pricing on the stand-alone Worlds disc - it is one of the things I was wondering from the start, since I already have a camera and move controllers. $40 is disappointing, was hoping for no more than $30.
Yea I already had a camera and 2 sets of move controllers so I got the core. With GCU at least Worlds is $31.99 + tax.

Also, no Pro here. Luckily the pro comes out after the VR so unless the 'experience' doesn't cut it, I won't need a pro until they come out with some sort of LE version of the Pro Console.

I like how the only TV ads for this thing so far are from the Taco Bell contest.
You don't watch enough TV then. They have tons of ads showing people freaking out, gasping in awe, and crying playing this.

Edit: Or maybe I'm thinking of the Samsung Gear commercial? I watch too much TV...

The PS VR is designed for the original PS4 and the Pro is absolutely not necessary for the VR, but should make a bit of a difference performance wise. The real kicker is that even with the Pro you will still need to use the external box to hook the VR up. I'm getting the Pro and VR, but one of the main reasons I am getting a Pro is to have a second PS4 so my girlfriend can play more Fallout 4 and whatever else she wants to play, while I can enjoy more time with all of upcoming releases and maybe even my massive backlog!
I tried the VR demo on BestBuy with original PS4, definitely not impressed with the graphics quality, even on resolution wise, while the VR LCD should be 1080 each. I asked the guy a few times if there is anything to adjust for focus or anything (I have close to 20/20 vision despite 30 years on using computer extensively) that there is none.

My Lumia phone with a $10 "VR gear", aka a phone holder on your head, looks better than that.

The only thing interested is I can see my controller on the screen when I look down to my hands

Definitely will wait to see any comparison on commercial game with original PS4 and Pro before buying anything.

Just a heads up, the repackaged move controllers coming out with the headset will be revamped a tiny bit as they will have the charging port the DS4 uses versus how they used to use the DS3 style port

Just a heads up, the repackaged move controllers coming out with the headset will be revamped a tiny bit as they will have the charging port the DS4 uses versus how they used to use the DS3 style port
That's good to hear, I was wondering how long they'd stay silent on new controllers. Didn't make sense to leave them in PS3 mini USB.

Gonna try to catch one of the Best Buy demo events here they have over the next 2 or 3 weeks to see if I still want mine. Still worried about the comfort of me buying a glasses wearer (I know lots of larger headphones are annoying to wear for extended periods, like Beats or the Premium Gaming Headsets).

Also finally found where the hell my PS Move controllers were packed. Didn't realize you had to keep them charged.....so I'll have them charge tonight and see how long they last. Luckily I had a PS4 Camera I got ages back for like 20$ at Walmart

I am going to speculate that the "Worlds disc" will be heavily discounted before (or by) the holidays.

https://www.residenteviltour.com/

try re7 psvr early. check if its coming to your place. BB never had any of those demo kiosks nearby, but this one is coming to me
I was wondering how they call Resident Evil Biohazard in Japan and Asia? (where vii is VII)

And just found out... Biohazard Resident Evil (where Z is 7), kinda creative.

But why did they mess up the game name year ago.

Update: found my answer and one commenter made a prophecy LOL

http://kotaku.com/5204463/why-was-biohazard-changed-to-resident-evil

I do challenge them to come out a Resident Evil game subtitled Biohazard, just so they can come full circle (which means Japan gets Biohazard: Resident Evil).

bread's done
Back