* * * * - 11 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#3091 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   886 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:44 PM

Not sure how they made it "discontinued", don't think they're so updated because of the new one in Japan.

The bundle they ship is not the bundled box from buyer's review, but separate retail headset + retail camera, so it's not really that "discontinued".

Wait, so am I missing something here?  The new PSVR bundle that includes the camera isn't the newer version of the headset that Sony announced a couple of weeks ago?  

Did I read about a new PSVR bundle (that includes the camera) and a redesigned PSVR headset and then just combine the two in my head when I shouldn't have?

Posted Image

#3092 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:07 PM

Wait, so am I missing something here?  The new PSVR bundle that includes the camera isn't the newer version of the headset that Sony announced a couple of weeks ago?  

Did I read about a new PSVR bundle (that includes the camera) and a redesigned PSVR headset and then just combine the two in my head when I shouldn't have?

Are you referring to the bundle on Amazon? Obviously it's the old headset, it's available first on July 31, 2017, and the new headset hasn't been released in US yet.

#3093 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   886 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:34 PM

Are you referring to the bundle on Amazon? Obviously it's the old headset, it's available first on July 31, 2017, and the new headset hasn't been released in US yet.

Yes, I am talking about this bundle on Amazon- https://www.amazon.c...sp_detail?psc=1

Like I said, I clearly combined Sony's announcement of a redesigned PSVR with Sony's announcement of a new bundle containing the original headset and the camera.  My mistake!

Posted Image

#3094 bigstew  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:41 PM

Not sure how they made it "discontinued", don't think they're so updated because of the new one in Japan.

The bundle they ship is not the bundled box from buyer's review, but separate retail headset + retail camera, so it's not really that "discontinued".

the first generation headset has stopped for the newer version, like the original x1 stopped when they made the x1s the new standard basic, bundle wise i havent hear them change the controllers or camera, untill they make it mandatory for more games to have aim support, it might be better to wait and see what the 3rd party vr headsets releasing soon will be compatible with, doubt sony will allowing anything but x should get it in the future probably when they work out a deal with steam to work with the x

#3095 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:29 PM

the first generation headset has stopped for the newer version, like the original x1 stopped when they made the x1s the new standard basic, bundle wise i havent hear them change the controllers or camera, untill they make it mandatory for more games to have aim support, it might be better to wait and see what the 3rd party vr headsets releasing soon will be compatible with, doubt sony will allowing anything but x should get it in the future probably when they work out a deal with steam to work with the x

I'm sure Sony won't allow 3rd party headset, same as how they control controllers by licensing and device authentication. They really don't care about how much people have invested in expensive PS3 controllers like wheels and fighting sticks and simply make them all not workable on PS4, with some hack.

X could have done that earlier and captured the market. It's seriously their mistake of not taking advantage of their ahead of time Kinect and the readily available VR hardware for PC, I don't think it would take that much time and effort for them to work with other Windows' VR manufacturers to make a VR headset on X even before PS4. Time to market is very important these days, not many people will invest in 2 gaming platforms (and very similar platform, Nintendo has different audience), so if X is already losing on the VR ground, that will likely continue.

#3096 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2188 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:00 PM

Has anyone played Arizona Sunshine recently? Heard rumors that the game was patched to fix the poor aiming but not sure. I'd like to get it while it's on sale if it's been fixed. 

joshTX.png

#3097 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65690 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:11 PM

Has anyone played Arizona Sunshine recently? Heard rumors that the game was patched to fix the poor aiming but not sure. I'd like to get it while it's on sale if it's been fixed. 

The sale ended on Tuesday, so you missed it anyway.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#3098 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2188 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:36 PM

The sale ended on Tuesday, so you missed it anyway.

Oh well. Lol. Would have thought it would have lasted till Halloween for the horror games. 

joshTX.png

#3099 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65690 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:29 PM

https://blog.us.play...date-out-today/

Job Simulator is getting a big update today with an endless "Infinite Overtime" mode that gives you randomized tasks to complete in whichever job you're in during the night shift. They've also added some new things to each of the jobs with some hidden Easter Eggs to collect. The game itself is getting a permanent price drop to $19.99.

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#3100 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:31 PM

https://blog.us.play...date-out-today/

Job Simulator is getting a big update today with an endless "Infinite Overtime" mode that gives you randomized tasks to complete in whichever job you're in during the night shift. They've also added some new things to each of the jobs with some hidden Easter Eggs to collect. The game itself is getting a permanent price drop to $19.99.

Missed that (sold out) when it was about $7.99 at BB after GCU.

#3101 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65690 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:08 PM

https://blog.us.play...xing-new-level/

The Bond-themed escape room game I Expect You To Die is getting a new level via update on 10/24. Seems like a sale would be likely to happen around then if they wanted to capitalize on the new content.

This update is out now, for those that have the game.

Also, FuturLab announced a new PSVR game:

#3102 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65690 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:10 PM

A new sale for this week:

I Expect You To Die - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 10/31

The other sales still going on from last week:

Bloody Zombies - $11.09 - 26% Off - $9.59 - 36% Off - Ends 10/31

Dying: Reborn - $7.49 - 50% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 10/31

Dying: Reborn Ultimate Bundle - $12.49 - 50% Off - $7.49 - 70% Off - Ends 10/31

Oasis Games Horror VR Bundle - $7.99 - 60% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 10/31

Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul - $27.99 - 30% Off - $24.79 - 38% Off - Ends 10/31

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - $35.99 - 40% Off - $29.99 - 50% Off - Ends 10/31

Resident Evil 7 biohazard Deluxe Edition - $53.99 - 40% Off - $44.99 - 50% Off - Ends 10/31

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - Banned Footage Vol 1 - $7.99 - 20% Off - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 10/31

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - Banned Footage Vol 2 - $11.99 - 20% Off - $10.49 - 30% Off - Ends 10/31

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - Season Pass - $26.99 - 10% Off - $23.99 - 20% Off - Ends 10/31

Thumper - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 10/31

Weeping Doll - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 10/31

A new release:

Fishing Master - $19.99

#3103 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11036 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:18 PM

Missed that (sold out) when it was about $7.99 at BB after GCU.

Me and this game seem to be cursed. Twice I tried to order it on sale at Targets and both got cancelled/lost somehow, and Best Buy randomly cancelled the day after I ordered it.

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#3104 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   2976 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2017 - 02:15 AM

So my first impression of Fishing Master is that it feels like playing a Wii game with a VR headset on. Motion mostly feels like it register up, down, left and right only, with anything more specific being meaningless. It is an OK fishing game, but it doesn't do much with VR.
Also, really interested in Stunt Kite Master out today. Couldn't find much on it, but seems well reviewed (from what little there is) on the Occulus. As someone who is unlikely to spend the money on a real stunt kite getting this sounds like it could be a reasonable substitute.

metsfan754.png

#3105 Gdogg   Scarlett Johansson's future ex-husband CAGiversary!   458 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:19 PM

So how come nobody is talking about GT Sport VR??

is it any good?

#3106 frankmackeyspam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   313 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

frankmackeyspam

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:10 PM

So how come nobody is talking about GT Sport VR??

is it any good?

I watched a few first impression videos on Youtube:

https://youtu.be/gvhJsMhswzA

https://youtu.be/sCaJ_S2NCuE

https://youtu.be/fpLjhx9txsI

General consensus is that it's good for what it is but it's very limited (you can only race against one AI opponent, and the AI sucks).

Gonna wait for a deep discount.  I hope the price falls as fast as GT6...although I highly doubt it.

#3107 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:28 PM

Lots of new PSVR trailers today:

Blood & Truth

Dead Hungry

League of War

Megalith

Sprint Vector

Star Child

Stifled

Ultrawings

#3108 bobaroo2  

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:20 PM

Nice, would really like to see a hitman game come out for vr

#3109 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65690 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:01 AM

Some more PSVR trailers from Paris Games Week:

Stoked for Rec Room, which is a free-to-play game on Vive that is a social multiplayer game.

#3110 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2188 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:42 AM

Other than Ace Combat 7, does anyone know if any of these are getting physical releases? 

joshTX.png

#3111 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3127 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2017 - 04:46 AM

Other than Ace Combat 7, does anyone know if any of these are getting physical releases? 

Moss is. I've been surprised and impressed at the number of PSVR games getting physical releases. I'd wager quite a few these will likely get a physical release but won't get announced until the release date is revealed.

#3112 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 31 October 2017 - 03:21 PM

I didn't see this game mentioned yet so I thought I'd share it.  And yes, it is aim compatible.

The Perfect Sniper VR

#3113 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65690 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:24 AM

A new deal for today:

PixelJunk VR Dead Hungry - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 11/6

Deals that are still active:

Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 11/2

Still free for PS+ for another week:

Rigs Mechanized Combat League - Ends 11/7

And a new release:

Stifled - $19.99

#3114 bobaroo2  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 02:47 AM

Hoping for a new free vr game announced for november psplus tomorrow

#3115 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65690 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:08 PM

https://blog.us.play...s-for-november/

Two PSVR games are coming this month for PS+ people:

Bound - Ends 12/5

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood - Ends 1/2

#3116 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65690 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:16 AM

A demo is out now for Dead Hungry:

PixelJunk VR Dead Hungry Demo

#3117 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1773 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:52 AM

Sorry if this has been asked a lot, just got the barebones VR headset. Are the move controllers a good investment? Aside from the games that require them (not sure which ones yet), I’ve been managing pretty well without them, but it seems like Until Dawn Rush of Blood might benefit with better aiming using them.

Though $85 - $99 for two seems a little steep for just that...

I wasn’t super stoked on PSVR (played the demo disk and a but of psvr worlds) until I tried Until Dawn Rush of Blood, and it’s amazing. I plan to also buy the Batman game.

#3118 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3536 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:12 PM

Sorry if this has been asked a lot, just got the barebones VR headset. Are the move controllers a good investment? Aside from the games that require them (not sure which ones yet), I’ve been managing pretty well without them, but it seems like Until Dawn Rush of Blood might benefit with better aiming with them.

Though $85 - $99 for two seems a little steep for just that...

I wasn’t super stoked on PSVR (played the demo disk and a but of psvr worlds) until I tried Until Dawn Rush of Blood, and it’s amazing. I plan to also buy the Batman game.

Batman is a good rental, but I guess it could be OK for people to try out as a demo of the technology when they come to your house.  

The Move controllers add a ton to Rush of Blood and London Heist (very glad I kept mine from the PS Move stuff.)  

#3119 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:53 PM

In store only on Black Friday, but if you have a Shopko near you, they have a doorbuster deal for the PSVR for $199.99.

https://www.bfads.ne.../page-19#viewer

It might be indicative that other stores may have a similar sale.

#3120 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   886 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:42 PM

Let's hope!  My $200 in BBY credit would LOVE to go towards a $200 PSVR headset on BF!

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playstation VR