* * * * - 11 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#3241 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3120 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:17 PM

Thanks. So I have to determine with the extra 60 for the Skyrim edition (if it is Version 2) is worth the deal.

Does PS4 regular have decent HDR or is that really only a Pro thing? I already have a HDR console, so I don't want the Pro. Does the Pro help much with the VR?

I have a Pro and feel like numerous games have substantial upticks in quality when Pro patches are released. It's a catch 22 because the game needs to be built for both and therefore there's not a ton of effort put into Pro patches that are adding even more effort to support an even smaller audience. That said, I'd if it of you were trading up it's worth the extra 100-150 bucks if you are gonna spend a good bit of time with PSVR.

#3242 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65658 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:46 PM

So it looks like I can get around 200 bucks for my headset and camera on ebay. Are there any confirmed deals on the 300

Thanks, I'll check out a couple of youtube videos but will likely pass as the next two months are VR heavy. Eurogamer is streaming Skyrim right now and the guy seems extremely impressed. Only the distant lod looks especially poor considering the PSVR performance hit. The streamer said he'd play it in VR first if given the chance.

http://www.eurogamer...rs-of-skyrim-vr

So are there any confirmed deals on version 2 of PSVR for Black Friday? Looks like I can get about 200 bucks for my headset and camera and while I wouldn't necessarily recommend for average CAGer I'd be willing to pay a hundred bucks to upgrade since my HDMI switch has a few terrible side effects when using it.

Driveclub VR is on the PSVR demo disc:

https://store.playst...SVRDEMODISC0001

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#3243 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3120 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:51 PM

Driveclub VR is on the PSVR demo disc:

https://store.playst...SVRDEMODISC0001

Thanks, I played the demo a while back but it didn't give me a sense of how much content was there. Also, even though Pro support was built into basic version I heard the demo didn't have that support.

#3244 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65658 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:56 PM

Thanks, I played the demo a while back but it didn't give me a sense of how much content was there. Also, even though Pro support was built into basic version I heard the demo didn't have that support.

Well, I suggested that as a means of telling if the game is going to give you nausea issues.

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#3245 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:50 PM

Thanks for the tip.  I'm going to try the demo before deciding whether or not to buy the full game.

#3246 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   103 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:37 PM

Add GameStop to the list of places that are selling PSVR bundles for $100 off on Thanksgiving/Black Friday.

#3247 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65658 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:54 PM

https://www.bestbuy..../ps4-games-sale

Best Buy has a bunch of PSVR games on sale as an early Black Friday sale with an extra 20% off for GCU members. A handful of games are down to $8 with GCU.

#3248 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   514 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 12:20 AM

So are there any confirmed deals on version 2 of PSVR for Black Friday? Looks like I can get about 200 bucks for my headset and camera and while I wouldn't necessarily recommend for average CAGer I'd be willing to pay a hundred bucks to upgrade since my HDMI switch has a few terrible side effects when using it.

I think the used old headset price will drop soon, if not already, when more people are aware of the revised version (regardless they need that or not). BF $200 deal will tank the price more. Better sell it sooner if plan to.

​Only Skyrim bundle is confirmed to have new headset. I have already returned the old headset bought from Target a month ago, I'm considering to get the Skyrim bundle and sell the Move Controllers as I already have those from PS3

#3249 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   103 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 12:41 AM

I think the used old headset price will drop soon, if not already, when more people are aware of the revised version (regardless they need that or not). BF $200 deal will tank the price more. Better sell it sooner if plan to.

​Only Skyrim bundle is confirmed to have new headset. I have already returned the old headset bought from Target a month ago, I'm considering to get the Skyrim bundle and sell the Move Controllers as I already have those from PS3

According to this Reddit thread, the Doom bundle has the new headset as well.

https://www.reddit.c...oom_vfr_bundle/

#3250 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65658 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted Yesterday, 12:45 AM

According to this Reddit thread, the Doom bundle has the new headset as well.

https://www.reddit.c...oom_vfr_bundle/

It's out after Black Friday, so it won't be on sale next week.

#3251 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   103 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 12:49 AM

It's out after Black Friday, so it won't be on sale next week.

I know I was just talking about in general.

#3252 HeyJoon  

Posted Yesterday, 06:14 AM

Skyrim bundle is up on best buys website for delivery only right now. Just a heads up.

#3253 TGStarfire   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

TGStarfire

Posted Yesterday, 07:21 AM

Interesting news for the Skyrim Bundle too - not only does it come with the newer version of the headset, but it also comes with the newer Micro USB (PS4) Move Controllers too, at least according to this site.  Good news all around. 

Now, just to see when exactly it goes on sale like the other bundles.  :)

#3254 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   103 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:54 AM

I really hope Amazon drops the Skyrim bundle to $350 today so I can order it and have it by tomorrow.  Gonna be checking it all day even though I setup a CamelCamelCamel alert lol.

#3255 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3120 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:53 PM

Skyrim VR is legit. Playing on a Pro and there's definitely bluriness and other issues in the distance but the world is hilariously rich and alive compared to anything else out there and in VR all the trivial silly things like wild animals, door signs, and table settings make everything extremely immersive. For anyone who hasn't played PSVR yet I recommend trying it to get a grasp on the limitations of it but if you fall into the likely small group of those who never played Skyrim but might get it for VR or even buying PSVR exclusively for Skyrim I can't imagine anyone being disappointed.

#3256 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   882 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:30 PM

I'm one of those people who has NEVER played Skyrim even though I own the Legendary Edition on PS3 (and have resisted the urge to buy the Special Edition on PS4), so I'm glad to hear that Skyrim VR is good.  It might become a big, big time sink for me if I'm able to pick up a $200 headset from BBY on Sunday!

Posted Image

#3257 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted Today, 12:52 AM

Well, I suggested that as a means of telling if the game is going to give you nausea issues.

Thank goodness for demos.  I've been on the fence with Driveclub for a while.  I tried the demo tonight to see if I wanted to invest the $10 for the full game.  Unfortunately, the demo made me motion sick pretty fast.  I couldn't even finish one track before stopping.  I don't mind the less-than-stellar graphics, but I can't play any game if it makes me sick.

#3258 T9X69   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   342 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:13 AM

So has the Skyrim VR bundled been confirmed for the $100 off at any retailers yet? I was ready to buy it today, but haven't seen anything for sure that confirms (from retailers, not Sony) it will be on sale. 

447864.png

#3259 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1412 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted Today, 07:20 AM

So has the Skyrim VR bundled been confirmed for the $100 off at any retailers yet? I was ready to buy it today, but haven't seen anything for sure that confirms (from retailers, not Sony) it will be on sale.

As has been stated many times in the thread, it has been confirmed.

#3260 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   514 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 07:38 AM

As has been stated many times in the thread, it has been confirmed.

I think only some retailers (Target, GS) mentioned $100 off with vague terms like "selected bundles" and didn't specifically said the skyrim bundle. BestBuy only has the GT bundle $100 off in the BF preview on their website.

We've yet to know any more retailers are participating.

#3261 T9X69   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   342 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 07:44 AM

I think only some retailers (Target, GS) mentioned $100 off with vague terms like "selected bundles" and didn't specifically said the skyrim bundle. We've yet to know any more retailers are participating.

This.

Not a single Black Friday ad has shown the Skyrim bundle with a $349 price tag. All are for the GT Sport for $300 or just the VR headset for $200. To my knowledge (please correct me if I'm wrong) the only single mention of the Skyrim bundle was in a PlayStation Blog post. Considering they don't choose the retailers sales, I'm not taking that as full confirmation anyone is selling that specific bundle for $349.

447864.png

#3262 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1412 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted Today, 08:47 AM

This.

Not a single Black Friday ad has shown the Skyrim bundle with a $349 price tag. All are for the GT Sport for $300 or just the VR headset for $200. To my knowledge (please correct me if I'm wrong) the only single mention of the Skyrim bundle was in a PlayStation Blog post. Considering they don't choose the retailers sales, I'm not taking that as full confirmation anyone is selling that specific bundle for $349.

Playstation does this all the time, announcing a sale like this on their blog, and poof, it's on sale in stores when they said!
One year they announced standard PS4 bundles would be $50 off at major retailers for a week, and they were. Not to mention this bundle sale isn't a sale initiated by the retailer for Black Friday, but by Sony for that week. Manufacturers and retailers communicate all of the time for manufacturer promotions that are typically announced by the manufacturer instead of the retailer.

#3263 T9X69   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   342 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 09:08 AM

Playstation does this all the time, announcing a sale like this on their blog, and poof, it's on sale in stores when they said!
One year they announced standard PS4 bundles would be $50 off at major retailers for a week, and they were. Not to mention this bundle sale isn't a sale initiated by the retailer for Black Friday, but by Sony for that week. Manufacturers and retailers communicate all of the time for manufacturer promotions that are typically announced by the manufacturer instead of the retailer.

I completely get and understand that. It also says participating retailers though. Considering the majority have their Black Friday ads available, and are only advertising the GT Sport and base headset, makes me question who's actually participating for that bundle. Obviously I hope you're right, I was just hoping for direct confirmation through an ad. Plus, my luck is pretty crap with snagging deals lol

447864.png

#3264 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   514 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 09:16 AM

I completely get and understand that. It also says participating retailers though. Considering the majority have their Black Friday ads available, and are only advertising the GT Sport and base headset, makes me question who's actually participating for that bundle. Obviously I hope you're right, I was just hoping for direct confirmation through an ad. Plus, my luck is pretty crap with snagging deals lol

Without knowing the "participating retailers", it's hard for some people to plan their day. Online might be easier but things could be gone because you're late in making a few clicks.

#3265 T9X69   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   342 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 09:21 AM

Without knowing the "participating retailers", it's hard for some people to plan their day. Online might be easier but things could be gone because you're late in making a few clicks.

That's pretty much my main concern lol I wanted this bundle prior to the BF announcement. So I might just buy it at GameStop tomorrow. Then try to get another online, then return that one to GameStop. I'd rather get stuck paying full price than have it be sold out through the holidays. 

447864.png

#3266 jboze84   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 09:29 AM

Purchase with a credit card that has price protection.  Then use that to price match later if the deal is only happening at a store different from the one you purchased at.

#3267 T9X69   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   342 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 09:37 AM

Purchase with a credit card that has price protection.  Then use that to price match later if the deal is only happening at a store different from the one you purchased at.

Actually my new credit card I just got has price protection, now that I looked into it. So thank you. Looks like I'll  be heading to GameStop tomorrow. 

447864.png

#3268 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5518 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:30 PM

Plan what day?  The bundle price drops by $100 starting on Sunday.  You will be able to buy the discounted bundles well before BF.  There is no way that any authorized Sony retailer is not going to honor the pricing, so you are worrying about literally nothing.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playstation VR