* * * * - 12 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#3721 Scarpad   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:16 PM

I'm debating between a Switch or a PSVr. If I do the Latter any better deals than the one Sony is running that most stores are carrying, the Doom pak for $299 or the Skyrym for $349? I'm leaning toward the latter for $349

#3722 Sk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   690 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:00 PM

I'm debating between a Switch or a PSVr. If I do the Latter any better deals than the one Sony is running that most stores are carrying, the Doom pak for $299 or the Skyrym for $349? I'm leaning toward the latter for $349

Get a switch....it’s great right now. Vr still needs some polish. Also, Psvr is bound to drop to 150-250 bundle range next yr. VR sets aren’t all that high tech so price drops are bound to happen. Seriously, they’re just one or two cell phone screens and a few sensors in a headset.

#3723 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   330 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:28 PM

How does that paranormal activity game to RE7? I’m like 90 minutes into RE7 and am loving the atmosphere and it’s creeepy as shit. I’ve jumped like a bitch a few times already. I have noticed a little motion sickness feeling in some spots for a second and am on segmented turning too so curious how movement in paranormal is too .

#3724 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:33 PM

I'd go with PSVR.  It has so much more fun games than the Switch.  I only have 4 Switch games, but I have over 40 PSVR games.

#3725 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:34 PM

How does that paranormal activity game to RE7? I’m like 90 minutes into RE7 and am loving the atmosphere and it’s creeepy as shit. I’ve jumped like a bitch a Jew times already. I have noticed a little motion sickness feeling in some spots for a second and am on segmented turning too so curious how movement in paranormal is too .

What have you got against Jews?  Are you from Alabama?

#3726 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   330 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:40 PM

What have you got against Jews? Are you from Alabama?

Lol on my phone at the gym meant to type few. Autocorrect.

#3727 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3163 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:50 PM

I'm basically getting my son a PS VR for Christmas.  Can anyone tell me how important the move controllers are to the overall experience and whether I should be concerned about any specific version of the move controllers?  I see some that appear to be updated, but I guess that's just for the USB connector?

#3728 Scarpad   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:54 PM

I'd go with PSVR.  It has so much more fun games than the Switch.  I only have 4 Switch games, but I have over 40 PSVR games.

there are a few good switch games i'm interested in but i do think there is more for the PSVR. Now debating if I should go with the old or new model

#3729 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2354 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:00 PM

I'm basically getting my son a PS VR for Christmas.  Can anyone tell me how important the move controllers are to the overall experience and whether I should be concerned about any specific version of the move controllers?  I see some that appear to be updated, but I guess that's just for the USB connector?

The Move Wands do add a sense of immersion to the game that you will definitely appreciate, but they aren't ideal for all games. I'm not sure if they are required or not for Rush Of Blood, but that's a game where you definitely want them. Being able to dual wield and aim and shoot (while not having to worry about mobility since it's an on-rails shooter) feels amazing. With Doom, on the other hand, there was too much going on, on-screen and you couldn't do full locomotion with the wands so It wasn't ideal, at least not for me. 

Play some demos and try some games that use them and some that don't. You'll likely appreciate them in some games while wanting to stick to the DS4 for others. 

joshTX.png

#3730 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66744 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:01 PM

They're very important for many of the biggest/best games, so you should get the Skyrim bundle if you can. It doesn't really matter which version of the Move controllers you have, as I have the originals and they still work very well for PSVR.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#3731 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66744 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:46 AM

From the PSN thread, Amazon has the gold edition of RE7 for $19.99 instead of the normal $50, so those wanting it for PSVR should jump on it ASAP:

https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#3732 HeyJoon  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:08 AM

I was able to find a copy of Pananormal Activity today at my Best Buy and it retailed for $19.99. I was able to purchase it at $15.99 with GCU. Just a heads up

#3733 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   812 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:26 AM

My Bestbuy as well.  Had two copies on the shelf and I snagged one.

Last Six Years of Completed Games: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.

#3734 Gareee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:47 AM

Just got my Amazon taste in ps4 pro setup, and I do see a BIG difference in the psvr experience! Thumper looks amazing, and Skyrim without the pro line line playing a it with gauze over the screen.

We also noticed additional psvr headset light calibration we don't remember seeing on the ps4.

The $170 with trade in was definitely worth the upgrade to pro.

#3735 skrilla99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   450 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

skrilla99

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:23 AM

I was able to find a copy of Pananormal Activity today at my Best Buy and it retailed for $19.99. I was able to purchase it at $15.99 with GCU. Just a heads up

It’s on PSN for $20. I’m getting a PSVR, is the game any good?

#3736 MoonBlossom  

MoonBlossom

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:27 AM

I went to mine but couldn't find a copy :(

#3737 HeyJoon  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:51 AM

It’s on PSN for $20. I’m getting a PSVR, is the game any good?

I’ve had some good jump scares so far. Not a lot of direction in the game so you have to figure out what to do to get the next door to open. For $16 to walk around a creepy house it’s solid. I don’t think it’s worth $39. At least it hasn’t shown its worth that yet.

#3738 nadohawk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   990 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:04 PM

Wow. Just played my VR for the first time yesterday. Amazing (almost regretted getting just the Slim because it is a bit fuzzy compared to my new TV, but a new VR will be out in a few years anyway).

I am having issues keeping those headset down on my nose...it likes to drift up. Anyone have advice for this?

1. 1 John 1:7,9

But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#3739 Gareee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:48 PM

Turn the tightening knob in the back?

#3740 nadohawk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   990 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:46 PM

Turn the tightening knob in the back?

Didn't work perfectly...it feels like there needs to be a weight at the top front of the unit

1. 1 John 1:7,9

But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#3741 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1421 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:04 PM

pm me if anyone can get me a copy of paranormal activity. Let me know how much. No best buys around me has it.

#3742 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66744 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:30 PM

Wow. Just played my VR for the first time yesterday. Amazing (almost regretted getting just the Slim because it is a bit fuzzy compared to my new TV, but a new VR will be out in a few years anyway).

I am having issues keeping those headset down on my nose...it likes to drift up. Anyone have advice for this?

It's not really supposed to be on your nose. Just make sure the headset is fairly tight and you can see clearly in the lenses.

#3743 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3163 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:30 PM

Can anyone comment on how useful the Farpoint controller is for games other than Farpoint?  I'm interested in Farpoint but can wait, but if the controller is generally useful for several other games I wouldn't mind a reason to pull the trigger (no pun intended).

#3744 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1536 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:42 PM

Can anyone comment on how useful the Farpoint controller is for games other than Farpoint? I'm interested in Farpoint but can wait, but if the controller is generally useful for several other games I wouldn't mind a reason to pull the trigger (no pun intended).

Everyone says it's great for DOOM!

#3745 skrilla99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   450 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

skrilla99

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:44 PM

GT Bundle back in stock on Amazon but $279?! Same bundle selling out on Bestbuy, not within 250 miles of me now. I got one but am considering buying the Skyrim bundle instead for the hdr passthrough for my Pro and glorious Sony X930E. Was able to get move controllers for 20% off so $80. So that’s $280 vs $350, is the V2 worth the extra $70?? I’m so indecisive.

#3746 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   330 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:34 AM

Ended up picking up Paranormal Activity at BB just because I was driving by it and like RE7 atmosphere.  They only had 1 left.  

#3747 Gareee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:35 AM

Didn't work perfectly...it feels like there needs to be a weight at the top front of the unit

Maybe you don't have the back down far enough? My wife always had to move the back further down for a proper fit.

#3748 Shadowsteal123   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   594 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Shadowsteal123

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:43 AM

Ended up picking up Paranormal Activity at BB just because I was driving by it and like RE7 atmosphere.  They only had 1 left.  

Got one too, don't see anything about a physical copy online. So this may become super rare. My Best Buy only had one as well. The only Best Buy in NYC that had it in stock at all.

#3749 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6889 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:53 AM

Got the Gran Turismo bundle a few days ago.  Luckily I had already picked up physical copies of  VR Worlds, Robinson, Psychonauts and Job Simulator for my collection so had quite a few things to play.

I knew what to expect from most of the games thanks to watching Giant Bomb play through most of em when the games launched, but games like Job Simulator are so much more fun experiencing for yourself. 

538822.png

#3750 Thebacklash   Not your Fathers Root Beer+Vanilla Frosty=Best RB Float! CAGiversary!   1483 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:52 AM

Can anyone comment on how useful the Farpoint controller is for games other than Farpoint?  I'm interested in Farpoint but can wait, but if the controller is generally useful for several other games I wouldn't mind a reason to pull the trigger (no pun intended).

Everyone says it's great for DOOM!

I've only used it on Farpoint and Doom, Yes it's great for Doom. The stupid grenade in left hand does get annoying... but you do get used to it.

Arizona Sunshine I have not played, but I guess the Aim controller makes it better.

Go watch some youtube gameplays with the Aim on other games, there has to be some out there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playstation VR