* * * * - 11 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#3991 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1282 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:18 AM

any thoughts on Apollo 11?

#3992 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2304 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

I know its not on sale.. but has anyone played Shooty Fruity? Looks like it would be fun/chaotic

I didn't buy it but I looked into it also and watched some gameplay videos. Even though it's a static/non-locomotion shooter, it looks pretty fun. I will probably get it when there is a decent sale on it, but not at full price. I got Brookhaven (another static shooter) finally when it went on sale and actually ended up not liking it very much though. I guess I just didn't like how you had to push a button to turn around 180 degrees and you had to keep turning back and forth to deal with them coming at you from both sides. You were also constantly having to worry about the creatures distance from you and how fast different ones moved. It felt a bit more like a strategy game than a shooter. 

joshTX.png

#3993 DurbanBrown   to the MOON CAGiversary!   1620 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

DurbanBrown

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:20 PM

I know its not on sale.. but has anyone played Shooty Fruity? Looks like it would be fun/chaotic

Yep. It is a lot of fun. I got it with my 20% off coupon when it came out with ultrawings.

#3994 DurbanBrown   to the MOON CAGiversary!   1620 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

DurbanBrown

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:22 PM

any thoughts on Apollo 11?

Its pretty low budget looking and feels like a educational experience more than anything, but if you really like space it has it's moments. Just don't have high expectations.

#3995 mpaullin   Fission Mailed CAGiversary!   4630 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:00 PM

I know its not on sale.. but has anyone played Shooty Fruity? Looks like it would be fun/chaotic

I've got it and I love it. I've picked up a ton of VR games since getting mine in November and I keep coming back to this one. It is indeed frantic fun. I haven't beat all of the levels (just a few left), but I'd say there's a decent amount of content considering what some other $20 VR games get you. Good variety of weapons and enemies.

MPaullin.png

#3996 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3125 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:49 PM

Any opinions on Unearthing Mars or Heroes of the Seven Seas? 

#3997 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66371 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:11 PM

Stay far away from Unearthing Mars if you want a good game:

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#3998 bmulligan   I am not a number CAGiversary!   6075 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:18 AM

I'd like to add "Heroes Of The Seven Seas" to that list. Not even worth the $3 pittance. They should pay ME back for pain and suffering.

The Neo-Communist Manifesto: "In your mind freedom is an end in and of itself. In my mind freedom is a means of improving society and giving people a better life. Those ideas result in very different methods of running society. " - alonzomourning23

#3999 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6883 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:47 AM

Definitely a short experience but Accounting+ was pretty great.  Got me hyped up for Virtual Rickality hopefully in the next few months. 

538822.png

#4000 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66371 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:28 PM

There's a new release on PSN:

Flipy's Tesla! Let's invent the future! Episode 1 - $3.99

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#4001 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:10 PM

I refuse to buy any game that is released in episodes.

#4002 zebular   OG Gamer CAGiversary!   647 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:37 PM

I created a google doc with all of the games with PSVR content on the physical disc (ones that require patches not included).  Feel free to add to it or put notes about certain regions having something that another region doesn't.

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

9aeed60f-74eb-45fe-8b08-f0cb1a176d75.jpg0d2df1e8-7c41-42c3-93cd-b5b2e435a98b.jpg

#4003 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1026 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:17 PM

I created a google doc with all of the games with PSVR content on the physical disc (ones that require patches not included).  Feel free to add to it or put notes about certain regions having something that another region doesn't.

Thanks blackbeard. Wait a second....

#4004 zebular   OG Gamer CAGiversary!   647 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:42 AM

Does anyone know if the German release of Dirt Rally has the VR content on disc?  Ditto with the US release of Tomb Raider.  Those are the only 2 I can't confirm if the content is on disc or not.

9aeed60f-74eb-45fe-8b08-f0cb1a176d75.jpg0d2df1e8-7c41-42c3-93cd-b5b2e435a98b.jpg

#4005 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7508 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:10 AM

Thank you for this. I guess I'm going for a complete U.S. set now thanks to you ;) (assuming I can somehow find Job Simulator without paying an arm and a leg).

I finally have a chance to hook up the PSVR this weekend. I'm charging my old motion controllers as we speak. Which of the games below would you guys recommend I boot up first for the least possibility of motion sickness? If that goes well, which one would you recommend I boot up second just for the wow factor to show off how much fun PSVR can be?

My collection so far:

Batman: Arkham VR
Battle Zone
Driveclub VR
Eagle Flight VR
Eve: Valkyrie
Gran Turismo Sport
The Invisible Hours
Loading Human: Chapter 1
Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul
Playstation VR Worlds
RIGS: Mechanized Combat League
Robinson: The Journey
Starblood Arena VR
Star Trek: Bridge Crew
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Werewolves Within

Or anything free or on sale from PSN I should try first?

I have an extra copy of Robinson: The Journey. If anyone can get an extra copy of Job Simulator from Gamestop they would like to trade, please PM me. I'm willing to work something out to make the trade even. 

I realize I'm a crazy person for buying so many games without even trying PSVR, but they were all reasonably priced thanks to the GS 4 for $20 sale and B2G1 sale. 

Open spoiler at your own risk.

Spoiler

#4006 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4866 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:16 AM

Is Farpoint worth it for $14.99 without the gun? I know the gun is supposed to make the experience ... but I found it on clearance at Target. Any thoughts?

#4007 barlush23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   126 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:20 AM

Thank you for this. I guess I'm going for a complete U.S. set now thanks to you ;) (assuming I can somehow find Job Simulator without paying an arm and a leg).

I finally have a chance to hook up the PSVR this weekend. I'm charging my old motion controllers as we speak. Which of the games below would you guys recommend I boot up first for the least possibility of motion sickness? If that goes well, which one would you recommend I boot up second just for the wow factor to show off how much fun PSVR can be?

My collection so far:
Battle Zone
Driveclub VR
Eagle Flight VR
Gran Turismo Sport
The Invisible Hours
Playstation VR Worlds
Starblood Arena VR
Werewolves Within

I have an extra copy of Robinson: The Journey. If anyone can get an extra copy of Job Simulator from Gamestop they would like to trade, please PM me. I'm willing to work something out to make the trade even.

I realize I'm a crazy person for buying so many games without even trying PSVR, but they were all reasonably priced thanks to the GS 4 for $20 sale and B2G1 sale.

This is where I’d start, personally...

1. VR Worlds: London Heist. It’s amazing and it’s pretty short.

2. VR Worlds: Ocean Descent. It’s more of an experience, but it’s pretty cool and not very long.

3. Batman. Again, it’s pretty short but the awe factor is awesome. The last scene is soooo freaking cool.

4. Rush of Blood. Really fun game that’s also not very long, but longer than the first 3.

#4008 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:36 AM

Is Farpoint worth it for $14.99 without the gun? I know the gun is supposed to make the experience ... but I found it on clearance at Target. Any thoughts?

It is significantly better with the gun.

#4009 bmulligan   I am not a number CAGiversary!   6075 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:47 AM

Rush of blood is fantastic. My favorite experience so far.
I'm still surprised by the accuracy of the guns.

The Neo-Communist Manifesto: "In your mind freedom is an end in and of itself. In my mind freedom is a means of improving society and giving people a better life. Those ideas result in very different methods of running society. " - alonzomourning23

#4010 BeaGolden   Cag in Training CAG in Training   33 Posts   Joined 0.1 Years Ago  

BeaGolden

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:21 AM

Thank you for this. I guess I'm going for a complete U.S. set now thanks to you ;) (assuming I can somehow find Job Simulator without paying an arm and a leg).

My collection so far:
Battle Zone
Driveclub VR
Eagle Flight VR
Gran Turismo Sport
The Invisible Hours
Playstation VR Worlds
Starblood Arena VR
Werewolves Within

If you are just starting out I would recommend the demo disc. In particular The Kitchen part of it since you did not list Resident Evil as one of thr games you have. (I would highly recommend picking that up if you come to find you really enjoy the Vr.)
Next I would say Rush of Blood. I played that first and did not feel sick at all. Also the ocean decent from the demo disc is a nice starter.
I would stay away from the Luge one from the demo disc. That had me feeling sick for a few hours after playing.
Hope this helps!

PSN tag:  Wclark22     Feel free to add me if interested in doing some online gaming.  Always looking for friends

#4011 Thebacklash   Not your Fathers Root Beer+Vanilla Frosty=Best RB Float! CAGiversary!   1423 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:29 AM

2nd the Luge part... I didn't get "sick" but damn I felt that one. 

#4012 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   232 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:35 AM

VR can make you feel really weird.  I didn't feel anything in the Luge game and that was one of the first things I tried when I got my PSVR, however the roller coaster part of Blood Rush completely fucked with me.

#4013 yuyak   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:08 AM

It's interesting. Luge did make me feel a bit sick but it wasn't too bad for me. Non-VR Last Guardian and ME: Andromeda made me far more motion sick/nauseous. VR Last Guardian demo actually was better for me than the actual game (non-VR)

#4014 budarc   Lonely Boy CAGiversary!   382 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:00 AM

Just jumping onto this thread, since it seems relevant to my interests.

Here's my PSVR collection (physical and digital), quickly amassed over a two month period:

Accounting+

Allumette (VR story)
Arizona Sunshine
The Assembly
Don't Knock Twice
Doom VFR
Dying Reborn
Ghostbusters: Now Hiring (Firehouse + Showdown)
Here They Lie
The Invisible Hours
The Last Guardian VR Demo
Manifest 99
Mervils: A VR Adventure
The Playroom VR
Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
PlayStation VR Demo Disc
PlayStation VR Demo Disc 2.0
PlayStation VR Worlds
Skyrim VR
Soul Dimension

Starblood Arena (PS+)
Summer Lesson: Miyamoto Hikari
Thumper
Weeping Doll

Obviously I haven't gotten around to most of them yet, but so far, VR Worlds, The Playroom, Arkham VR, Rush of Blood and Thumper are my favorites (The Invisible Hours and Loading Human were also pretty unique but flawed). Unfortunately -- while fun -- Summer Lesson was not the girlfriend sim I was hoping for. I'm notably missing Resident Evil 7 (Kitchen teaser was terrifying); however, Paranormal Activity was probably the scariest shit I’ve ever experienced (I actually screamed at one point). Don't Knock Twice was very similar in vein (endlessly opening doors in a haunted house). Ghostbusters VR was a fucking waste of money (2 acts = 20 minutes of gameplay), but Accounting+, while brief, was a hoot. Overall, I'm enjoying the VR experience, even though I'll never really get used to the blurry/haziness of in-game objects and text. Wonky controls and curtailed game length remain my biggest criticisms of the medium. Also, lack of adult's only games. Why else do you think I bought this shit?!  :razz:

#4015 Gdogg   Scarlett Johansson's future ex-husband CAGiversary!   482 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:17 PM

Just jumping onto this thread, since it seems relevant to my interests.

Here's my PSVR collection (physical and digital), quickly amassed over a two month period:

Accounting+

Allumette (VR story)
Arizona Sunshine
Asemblance
The Assembly
Don't Knock Twice
Doom VFR
Dying Reborn
Ghostbusters: Now Hiring (Firehouse + Showdown)
Here They Lie
The Invisible Hours
The Last Guardian VR Demo
Manifest 99
Mervils: A VR Adventure
The Playroom VR
Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
PlayStation VR Demo Disc
PlayStation VR Demo Disc 2.0
PlayStation VR Worlds
Skyrim VR
Soul Dimension
Starblood Arena (PS+)
Summer Lesson: Miyamoto Hikari
Thumper
Weeping Doll

Obviously I haven't gotten around to most of them yet, but so far, VR Worlds, The Playroom, Arkham VR, Rush of Blood and Thumper are my favorites (The Invisible Hours and Loading Human were also pretty unique but flawed). Unfortunately -- while fun -- Summer Lesson was not the girlfriend sim I was hoping for. I'm notably missing Resident Evil 7 (Kitchen teaser was terrifying); however, Paranormal Activity was probably the scariest shit I’ve ever experienced (I actually screamed at one point). Don't Knock Twice was very similar in vein (endlessly opening doors in a haunted house). Ghostbusters VR was a fucking waste of money (2 acts = 20 minutes of gameplay), but Accounting+, while brief, was a hoot. Overall, I'm enjoying the VR experience, even though I'll never really get used to the blurry/haziness of in-game objects and text. Wonky controls and curtailed game length remain my biggest criticisms of the medium. Also, lack of adult's only games. Why else do you think I bought this shit?!  :razz:

Where did you get Summer Lesson?  

Asking for a friend..

#4016 McCHitman   Reigning Champ CAGiversary!   295 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

McCHitman

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:31 PM

Paranormal Activity was scary? I keep wanting to pull the trigger but can't.

Also, I picked up Accounting+ after reading multiple forums of people enjoying it...WTF. The starting area I was fine, but as soon as I got to the first 3 areas I found it insufferable. The language, being bombarded with unfunny nonsense makes me want to vomit. It's very juvenile.

But the music that kicked in on that boom box in the alley was pretty baller. That's as far as I've gotten. It's very hard for me to enjoy it with the language being the way it is. I can handle some vulgarity, but that game seems like it was made by some twelve year olds that think it's funny to keep cussing at their friend. I'm going to press on though, because I want to see what's great about it.

#4017 budarc   Lonely Boy CAGiversary!   382 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:45 PM

Where did you get Summer Lesson?  

Asking for a friend..

I paid a premium for it on eBay. Because... lonely. 

Paranormal Activity was scary? I keep wanting to pull the trigger but can't.

Also, I picked up Accounting+ after reading multiple forums of people enjoying it...WTF. The starting area I was fine, but as soon as I got to the first 3 areas I found it insufferable. The language, being bombarded with unfunny nonsense makes me want to vomit. It's very juvenile.

But the music that kicked in on that boom box in the alley was pretty baller. That's as far as I've gotten. It's very hard for me to enjoy it with the language being the way it is. I can handle some vulgarity, but that game seems like it was made by some twelve year olds that think it's funny to keep cussing at their friend. I'm going to press on though, because I want to see what's great about it.

I probably had the perfect ambiance set for The Lost Soul; I played it after midnight, it was raining outside and I was all alone. I don't easily get scared, but it's very immersive (despite some confounding control issues). It's extremely short though, so I wouldn't recommend it even at half the price. And there is one stupid game-breaking point that won't let you continue if you don't grab an item early on. I spent my first playthrough lost and confused because there is no indication that there's no way to continue without it. I read some forum posts online and was forced to restart the game. Really, really stupid. (Hint: It's during the "red" section.)

Accounting+...yeah, it's not for everyone. I have a stupid sense of humor, so I found it funny. Also, extra points if you "get" Rick & Morty (with a dash of Monty Python). But if you don't like it by this point, you probably won't like it by the end.

Spoiler

Another one that looks like a lot of fun is Job Simulator. Kind of in the same irreverent spirit as Accounting, but more family friendly.

#4018 McCHitman   Reigning Champ CAGiversary!   295 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

McCHitman

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:25 PM

Accounting+...yeah, it's not for everyone. I have a stupid sense of humor, so I found it funny. Also, extra points if you "get" Rick & Morty (with a dash of Monty Python). But if you don't like it by this point, you probably won't like it by the end.

Another one that looks like a lot of fun is Job Simulator. Kind of in the same irreverent spirit as Accounting, but more family friendly.

That sucks to hear. I'm not a Rick and Morty fan either and a passive Monty Python fan. I'll still see it through i guess.

Job Simulator is good. Nothing really a surprise about it though, just nice writing that can get stale over time, but the idea of VR Jobbing is nice. It nails the "interact with everything" part of VR.

#4019 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7508 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:41 PM

This is where I’d start, personally...

1. VR Worlds: London Heist. It’s amazing and it’s pretty short.

2. VR Worlds: Ocean Descent. It’s more of an experience, but it’s pretty cool and not very long.

3. Batman. Again, it’s pretty short but the awe factor is awesome. The last scene is soooo freaking cool.

4. Rush of Blood. Really fun game that’s also not very long, but longer than the first 3.

Thank you so much. I finally hooked it up last night. I played London Heist. That was amazing. The only part I had trouble with was typing the code into the safe near the beginning. I could not hit the #9 button for about 15 or 20 minutes. It was ridiculous. Maybe it was the move controller I was using because after I took and break and booted up my ps4 again, one of the move controllers wouldn't sync with the console.

Then I played the Shark episode in Ocean Decent. Freakin' fun as hell. I felt like I was on a theme park ride. I stupidly tried the luge game for a while when I realized I didn't have 2 working and charged move controllers. I didn't get motion sick, but it definitely hurt my neck using the helmet as the controller.

If you are just starting out I would recommend the demo disc. In particular The Kitchen part of it since you did not list Resident Evil as one of thr games you have. (I would highly recommend picking that up if you come to find you really enjoy the Vr.)
Next I would say Rush of Blood. I played that first and did not feel sick at all. Also the ocean decent from the demo disc is a nice starter.
I would stay away from the Luge one from the demo disc. That had me feeling sick for a few hours after playing.
Hope this helps!

Thank you. I'll add the kitchen part of the demo disc to the top of my backlog along with Rush of Blood and Batman. 

When Best buy had a glitch making RE7 Gold $23.99, I stupidly bought the xbox version. This was way before the PSVR sales, so I had no idea I would be buying PSVR any time in the near future. It sounds like I have to double dip.

What are the generally accepted "must have" PSN PSVR games that are on sale right now that everyone's been buying (and aren't available on disc)? Sorry if this has already been discussed 100 times.

Open spoiler at your own risk.

Spoiler

#4020 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66371 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:33 AM

I don't know what all is on a disc or not, so you'll have to deal with that if one of these technically doesn't count:

Ancient Amuletor - $13.99 - 30% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16

• Fun gallery shooter where you have multiple places in each level to move around to get the best aim at incoming enemies. It also lets you switch between four characters on the fly with different types of weapons that control a bit different, which is pretty fun to swap between them depending on the situation.

Bound - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 1/16

• Artsy 3D platformer where your character moves and jumps around with dance moves while listening to narrated stories. Probably not for anybody that only wants hardcore platformers.

Pixel Gear - $2.19 - 80% Off - $1.09 - 90% Off - Ends 1/16

• Solid gallery shooter that is videogame-themed.

Psychonauts In The Rhombus of Ruin - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16

• Great adventure game follow-up to Psychonauts that is really well made and has some good writing in it.

Statik - $13.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/16

• Really fun puzzle game where your hands are stuck in a puzzle devices and you have to use most of the buttons on the controller to manipulate its various gadgets and doodads to solve the puzzle to free your hands.

Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality - $9.99 - 50% Off - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 1/16

• Really fun adaptation of the silly surgery game that works really well in VR so that you have more control over your tools, but lets you make your own funny moments.

Time Machine VR - $19.79 - 34% Off - $16.49 - 45% Off - Ends 1/16

• Good light adventure game about going back into the past to learn about prehistoric sea creatures that somehow leads to saving the current world that is plagued with a deadly virus and climate change.

Virry VR: Feel the Wild - $3.99 - 60% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 1/16

• Not a game, but it's a safari documentary of sorts with some good 360 videos of various types of animals that you can learn about them and answer some quizzes. It's a neat learning tool and one of the few good 360 videos I've seen in VR.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playstation VR