* * * * - 12 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#4171 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   875 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:40 PM

I only played Werewolves Within one night, but continually mean to get back to it.  It was very fun when I played. This was probably back in August. There were only a couple people when I first got on, but the room filled up quickly enough for the rest of the night.

#4172 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   666 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:40 PM

Out of curiosity i talked to a couple retailers today about Inpatient.  With the big amount of sales on PSVR's you'd think Sony would be pushing the hell out of a first party title, but the 10 closest Gamestops only got 1, Only 1 out of the 6 closest Best Buys got any (1 copy) and obviously Walmart had 0. 

Probably because Sony NA prefers digital over physical (which publishers don't like it? no manufacturing cost, no middleman cost, and no used copy to compete), and also more players in NA are willing to buy digital, various games were released as digital only while getting physical in other part of the world.

#4173 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1379 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:57 PM

so you have to talk when playing Werewolves Within?   that kills my interest

#4174 barlush23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   193 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:04 PM

so you have to talk when playing Werewolves Within? that kills my interest

Lmao yeah it’s a role playing game. Talking is the main premise. It’s all about lying and figuring out who is lying/telling the truth. I played it a lot when it first came out and had a blast with it. Not sure I’ve ever laughed more than when playing Werewolves Within. I’d be up for playing again.

#4175 fishface45   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   167 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:18 PM

Awesome, Fishface45 is my GT.

It has been tough to find a full lobby, but I'll play with you!  :wave:

#4176 iwannadie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   881 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

iwannadie

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:55 PM

I finally got to play just the tutorial of Doom and loved it. It is only maybe the 2nd or 3rd vr game with full locomotion controls and I love it. I wish the right stick would allow me to look up/down and use head tracking to just fine tune but maybe that’s just me.
No motion sickness or anything at all, felt smooth and Fast. Can’t wait to get more in and play it.

Also grabbed Skyrim but haven’t played it yet and went ahead with the inpatient preorder off amazon too. Figure a big first party title should be up there on quality.

#4177 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7548 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:51 AM

I did the same thing impulsively earlier this morning. Then I saw today's PSN sales and now I definitely have to cancel.

I think I was one of the ones who recommended it. I got it for $9.99 during the holiday sale, so you're definitely getting the better deal. And yes, it includes the VR mode which can be turned on or off at the main menu.

Just an FYI, Arizona Sunshine and The Invisible Hours are also on sale this week.

This isn't a good sign for the longevity of the system. Unless they're really just trying to push the digital versions for the future. This is one of those titles I'd ideally like to own in hard copy, so now I'm debating whether I should grab it while I can. Decisions, decisions...

You're being too hasty.  ;)

Thanks. Arizona Sunshine is another one with mixed reviews, but it sounds intriguing. I'm cautiously waiting to see if anyone here recommends it. I've never spent that much on a DLC game.

I bought a physical copy of Job Simulator thanks to Jurai, but it's disc only. If anyone with the game and a scanner wouldn't mind uploading a scan of the artwork insert, I would sincerely appreciate it. At work I have a nice printer that prints cover art very well on 11x17 cardstock. 

I also bought Werewolves Within if anyone wants to party up. 

#4178 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7548 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:05 AM

PSVR storage case is $9.99 at BB

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=5464800

#4179 barlush23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   193 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:19 AM

I have this case and I highly recommend it, especially for $10!

#4180 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:31 AM

I have that case as well, although I'm not entirely sure how you're meant to store the cable.  I usually just loop it around in circles and tuck the end into the little mesh pocket.  Is there a better way?

#4181 barlush23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   193 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:05 AM

I have that case as well, although I'm not entirely sure how you're meant to store the cable. I usually just loop it around in circles and tuck the end into the little mesh pocket. Is there a better way?

I do the same thing.

#4182 Lonely Boy  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:08 AM

The only one I don't have is Werewolves Within. I heard there aren't that many people playing anymore.

The good thing about it being on sale is that more people will play it again. That still isn't enough to sway me, however.

Thanks. Arizona Sunshine is another one with mixed reviews, but it sounds intriguing. I'm cautiously waiting to see if anyone here recommends it. I've never spent that much on a DLC game.

It went for $19.99 during the holiday sale and I used a 20% off coupon, so it isn't the best price. JohnTX had a good review on it just a few pages back. 

Does anybody know how you get the $1 off in-store pickup orders? It's not working for me. (Probably because they're charging me for shipping.)

#4183 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5060 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:37 AM

Thank you, I've been looking to pick this up and didn't notice the sale. Now I just need the charger stand to drop.

#4184 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   666 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:52 AM

Thanks, got one to use the $10 BB gift cert before it expires

#4185 kobeisgod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   766 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

kobeisgod

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:19 AM

Man, the reviews for Inpatient have not been very good. Looks like I'll wait for price drop to <$20

#4186 iwannadie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   881 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

iwannadie

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:22 AM

Thanks.
Had to pick one up, free pickup at local store made it as easy grab just to have something to place the headset in.

#4187 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7548 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:50 AM

The good thing about it being on sale is that more people will play it again. That still isn't enough to sway me, however.

It went for $19.99 during the holiday sale and I used a 20% off coupon, so it isn't the best price. JohnTX had a good review on it just a few pages back. 

Does anybody know how you get the $1 off in-store pickup orders? It's not working for me. (Probably because they're charging me for shipping.)

To get the $1 off, choose the shipping option as the delivery method in your shopping cart. Then proceed to checkout. On the next screen the $1 off option should pop up if it's in stock at your local stores. I've had some blurays lately not have the $1 off option though, so I'm curious if BB is messing with the website lately.

My CAG mentality is stopping me from downloading Arizona Sunshine just knowing it was a few bucks cheaper in the past. I may cave. It sounds like it launched as a broken game, but they made it a good game with updates.

#4188 daruler022   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

daruler022

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:59 PM

I highly recommend The Inpatient. I know that reviews haven't been the best, there is a few good ones, but the immersion of this game really stands out and it just pulls you in. The graphics are stunning and even better the RE:Biohazard. The added option of voice control and the way that they encourage you to say things with emotions just adds to the feeling of being apart of this world. The characters faces are amazing with detail in their expressions.

I haven't gotten too far into the game yet, but I'm sure that I'll play it multiple times to try and get the different endings and all of the memories. I know that the game length is a concern for most, but 2 hours seems perfect for multiple play throughs.

IMHO....this game is now the best way to show your friends and family a VR experience.

#4189 Lonely Boy  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:35 PM

I highly recommend The Inpatient. I know that reviews haven't been the best, there is a few good ones, but the immersion of this game really stands out and it just pulls you in. The graphics are stunning and even better the RE:Biohazard. The added option of voice control and the way that they encourage you to say things with emotions just adds to the feeling of being apart of this world. The characters faces are amazing with detail in their expressions.

I haven't gotten too far into the game yet, but I'm sure that I'll play it multiple times to try and get the different endings and all of the memories. I know that the game length is a concern for most, but 2 hours seems perfect for multiple play throughs.

IMHO....this game is now the best way to show your friends and family a VR experience.

I trust this more than I trust most reviews. It sounds awesome. I hope multiple playthroughs are not a grind and there is plenty of variation to explore. I also wonder about the gender selection; does that influence the game's choices at all? It would be interesting to play as a woman.  :-o

I've got to admit, the thought did occur to me to use the 10% off code...it would come out to $36 and I'd be able to play it right now. The only positive thing about bad reviews is that it might drive the prices down. I wonder how long till it gets to $20-25? I'm impatient to get to The Inpatient already.

#4190 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2358 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:47 PM

My CAG mentality is stopping me from downloading Arizona Sunshine just knowing it was a few bucks cheaper in the past. I may cave. It sounds like it launched as a broken game, but they made it a good game with updates.

Yeah I think you saw my impressions a couple pages back. The stuttering problems with the aiming have definitely been fixed. It's pretty damn sweet getting headshots with the aim controller, in fact that's probably the most satisfying part of the game. It doesn't use the Aim quite as seamlessly as Farpoint did, but it's implemented better than Doom was. 

#4191 daruler022   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

daruler022

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:23 PM

I trust this more than I trust most reviews. It sounds awesome. I hope multiple playthroughs are not a grind and there is plenty of variation to explore. I also wonder about the gender selection; does that influence the game's choices at all? It would be interesting to play as a woman. :-o

I've got to admit, the thought did occur to me to use the 10% off code...it would come out to $36 and I'd be able to play it right now. The only positive thing about bad reviews is that it might drive the prices down. I wonder how long till it gets to $20-25? I'm impatient to get to The Inpatient already.

I have Amazon Prime, so I got it for $32 with release day delivery. I had been looking forward to this game since it was announced.

Interesting idea about playing through as both genders to see if you get different memories, outcomes, dialogue, and endings. You also get to choose your skin tone, which helps with the immersion too, but....

#4192 daruler022   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

daruler022

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:32 PM

Yeah I think you saw my impressions a couple pages back. The stuttering problems with the aiming have definitely been fixed. It's pretty damn sweet getting headshots with the aim controller, in fact that's probably the most satisfying part of the game. It doesn't use the Aim quite as seamlessly as Farpoint did, but it's implemented better than Doom was.

I ONLY bought Arizona Sunshine for three reasons...I already had the Aim, you get to kill zombies in a somewhat realistic setting and way, and it was $20.

I was surprised at how much fun it was and the "fetching" missions broke up the action while giving you a reason to explore. Being able to look over into cars through the windows without having to open the doors to search for ammo was pretty damn cool too.

I will warn others, since I experienced it myself, smooth turning didn't effect me in the dark areas of the game, but it did give me a sick feeling when I was in the sunny/brighter areas of the game for some reason.

#4193 mpaullin   Fission Mailed CAGiversary!   4649 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:34 PM

I played maybe 45 minutes of the inpatient last night and I'm honestly not impressed so far. Something definitely feels off with the move controls. Picking stuff up/interacting is super clunky and finicky. I feel more silly than immersed using the voice commands, and I'm not really impressed the game is able to distinguish between 2 different inputs. I'll finish it, but don't know how motivated I'll be for a second playthrough. May as well hold on to the disc, though, to see if this print run is as low as people might be thinking.

#4194 daruler022   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

daruler022

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:59 PM

I played maybe 45 minutes of the inpatient last night and I'm honestly not impressed so far. Something definitely feels off with the move controls. Picking stuff up/interacting is super clunky and finicky. I feel more silly than immersed using the voice commands, and I'm not really impressed the game is able to distinguish between 2 different inputs. I'll finish it, but don't know how motivated I'll be for a second playthrough. May as well hold on to the disc, though, to see if this print run is as low as people might be thinking.

I do agree that the move controls can be cumbersome, like pointing behind you and hitting the big button to turn around and how hard it can be to line up yourself with turns and doorways.

However, it didn't take me out of the immersion that the graphics and interactions offer. I thought that it was cool to read the given dialogue options with suggested emotions. I guess it's the wanna be actor in me. Lol

I will probably give the DS4 a go on the second play through just to compare.

#4195 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11296 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:01 PM

To get the $1 off, choose the shipping option as the delivery method in your shopping cart. Then proceed to checkout. On the next screen the $1 off option should pop up if it's in stock at your local stores. I've had some blurays lately not have the $1 off option though, so I'm curious if BB is messing with the website lately.

I have not gotten the $1 in store pickup discount option over the last week or so.  It makes me think they are no longer doing it (or at least pausing it).

#4196 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   875 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:52 PM

I'm wondering if they're removing the $1 incentive. I placed an order for three blus and a ps4 game on Sunday, I always do it the correct way to make it show, but it wasn't offered on any of my items this time. I figured "screw them, I'll just have it shipped then." Saves me the trip.

#4197 DeGarmo2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   237 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

DeGarmo2

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:32 PM

The new deals on PSVR games this week:

Werewolves Within - $12.89 - 57% Off - $9.89 - 67% Off - Ends 1/30

Werewolves is single-handedly my favorite PSVR game and it probably justified my PSVR purchase alone. If you have VR and don’t have WW, you need to get it, especially at less than $10. It’s a fantastically fun game! Buy it now!

Edit: I already have it physically but I’m also gonna buy it digitally so I don’t have to deal with swapping discs with my VR headset on.

#4198 yuyak   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:20 PM

I got the Farpoint Aim bundle via Newegg, and I tried it out last night. That opening scene was pretty awesome and it really showcases the VRs potential for story telling without being gimmicky. That said, once the actual game started, I really did get motion sickness. Right when I got to those first spider-thingys. Oh well, hopefully my body/brain will adjust if I keep trying little by little

#4199 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1379 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:10 PM

I trust this more than I trust most reviews.

why?  he even admits he didn't get too far

#4200 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2358 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:17 PM

I got the Farpoint Aim bundle via Newegg, and I tried it out last night. That opening scene was pretty awesome and it really showcases the VRs potential for story telling without being gimmicky. That said, once the actual game started, I really did get motion sickness. Right when I got to those first spider-thingys. Oh well, hopefully my body/brain will adjust if I keep trying little by little

It's kinda weird how different people seem to get sick from different games. There are a few outliers, but for the most part the general consensus seems to be that if you are new to VR you should probably start with the games that have you sitting in a cockpit or a seat or something, maybe an on-rails or static position type as opposed to the full locomotion FPS stuff like Farpoint and Resident Evil. 

When I first got my VR I never got sick from Rush of Blood or Battlezone, but RE7 with full locomotion made me slightly nauseous the first couple times. I eventually got used to it.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playstation VR