* * * * - 13 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#4381 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:45 AM

I finished Job Simulator last night. I have to say I’m a bit disappointed. The demo was so good and left me wanting more. But the game doesn’t really sustain its charm and humor throughout. They were right to have only released it for $20 new. The only reason that I don’t feel ripped off at $30 for a used copy is that it’s rare and has resale value.

That being said, it was fairly enjoyable. Just wanted to throw it out there for anyone thinking about paying eBay prices

I'm done with this fucking OCD physical collecting. I'm over it. I'm just going to use the 20% off coupon and get the digital version. I checked over on PSPrices and the lowest it's ever gone for is $16.49, so I won't feel so bad. However, if it goes on sale for even lower after this, I will kill myself.

Of course, the one I really wanted to get was The Brookhaven Experiment (since it's compatible with the Aim), but since it's been listed in the past for $9.99, I'm going to hold off indefinitely.

I was just reading that Farpoint has some co-op online modes.  Has anyone tried these out?  Are they any good?  Can you play with randoms or do you need to set it up with friends outside of the game and all hop on?  I still have a ways to go in the game but damn I think co-op modes would be fun to play after.

Good luck finding someone to play co-op with (same with Arizona Sunshine and Eagle Flight). Eventually I was forced to uninstall because I need the hard drive space.

Hm, sounds like changing the settings to allow turning would be even worse for me then, since I can't even handle it without turning right now, just walking forward/backward.  I haven't played that many VR games, and the ones I have played were mostly stationary/teleporting, so maybe I just need to get better VR legs. 

Unfortunately, from my successful initial testing I might have gotten overconfident, since I basically went all-in buying all the physical PSVR games for my backlog including the more intensive ones like RIGS and Driveclub.  I'm afraid I might have gotten ahead of myself.

I've noticed there are times when I'm more susceptible to feeling ill. Definitely don't play on an empty stomach or if you're grossly full. Also, make sure whatever room you're in is well-ventilated. If you have a fan, use it (I've had to take my shirt off during particularly intense scenarios). Make sure the room is proper dark too and there isn't any extra light peeking in through the sides. And I guess keep repeating to yourself, "It's only VR, it's only VR..."

#4382 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:18 AM

For anyone who played Accounting+ in the past, there is a new level accessible in the King stage (look for the clues). It's labeled as the 'Waterpark' update, but of course being this game, it's very meta and extremely subversive. However, it appears to be a dead end; not sure if there's a solution to figure out there (there's an active Discord community working on it). I'll post my quick experience in spoiler tags.

Spoiler

I tried out In the Cloud: VR Afterlife (free), and at first I thought it was a pretty cool standalone VR film, but it actually seems to be marketing materials for a Crackle original movie, "In the Cloud." Still, it's only a 5-minute experience and it's kind of fun while it lasts.

I also tried out the Inception VR app (not a movie tie-in) and I checked every available video and couldn't find the Playboy Mansion VR Exploration. So that was false flipping advertising.

#4383 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   516 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:59 PM

I finished Job Simulator last night. I have to say I’m a bit disappointed. The demo was so good and left me wanting more. But the game doesn’t really sustain its charm and humor throughout. They were right to have only released it for $20 new. The only reason that I don’t feel ripped off at $30 for a used copy is that it’s rare and has resale value.

That being said, it was fairly enjoyable. Just wanted to throw it out there for anyone thinking about paying eBay prices

Is the tracking any better in the full game than the demo?  I found it pretty iffy in the demo.

I just randomly searched GameStop for Job Simulator and found a new copy right near me, however when I did the order online and pickup in store, it said they couldn't find it in store.  Weak.

#4384 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:48 PM

I just randomly searched GameStop for Job Simulator and found a new copy right near me, however when I did the order online and pickup in store, it said they couldn't find it in store.  Weak.

I never found a new or used copy near me, but I did happen across this today. It says it's backordered, but still allows you to place an order to be shipped when stock is received. Jump on it now before the assholes get to it.

#4385 Jurai  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 06:39 PM

Here's the current stock list at GameStop according to my scanner

Pearl Plaza - Braintree, MA 02184 - PreOwned
Rutland Plaza - RUTLAND, VT 05701 - PreOwned
Shoppes at Greenbush - RENSSELAER, NY 12144 - PreOwned
Ocean Heights Shopng - SOMERS POINT, NJ 08244 - PreOwned
Federal Plaza - Rockville, MD 20852 - NEW
Douglasville Paviln - Douglasville, GA 30135 - PreOwned
Mall @ Fairfield Cmn - DAYTON, OH 45431 - PreOwned
Grant Line Center - NEW ALBANY, IN 47150 - PreOwned
Six Corners Plaza - Chicago, IL 60641 - PreOwned
Grand Hunt Center - Gurnee, IL 60031 - PreOwned
Elmwood Center - New Orleans, LA 70123 - PreOwned
Green Mount Commons - Belleville, IL 62221 - PreOwned
Belton Marketplace - Belton, MO 64012 - PreOwned
Ironwood Square - Couer D Alene, ID 83814 - PreOwned
SWM Lebanon Retail - Lebanon, OR 97355 - PreOwned
SWM Pony Village - North Bend, OR 97459 - NEW

#4386 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   516 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:42 PM

Yeah it's one of those stores showing it as NEW in your list.  I tried again to do it online and got an error this time so I decided to just call.  The chick said that I probably got an error because she tried looking for it and couldn't find it.  

Anyone know what could cause it to be listed as in stock but then they can't find it in the store?

#4387 zebular   OG Gamer CAGiversary!   702 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:48 PM

base.com has a pre-order of physical Superhot VR up for $19.50 USD shipped as of today.

#4388 barlush23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   255 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:45 PM

base.com has a pre-order of physical Superhot VR up for $19.50 USD shipped as of today.

Has anyone ever ordered from there before? Are they legit?

#4389 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   516 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:54 PM

I actually tried to do in store pickup for the other place that had Job Simulator new and within 5 minutes got the email saying they couldn't hold it because they couldn't find it.  It's probably some error that happened if I had to guess.

#4390 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1011 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:59 PM

Is the tracking any better in the full game than the demo? I found it pretty iffy in the demo.

I just randomly searched GameStop for Job Simulator and found a new copy right near me, however when I did the order online and pickup in store, it said they couldn't find it in store. Weak.

There must have been a patch because it did seem to track better than the demo. Not perfect, but better.

I wonder if the GameStop employee knew about the eBay value of the game and “couldn’t” find it as a result

#4391 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2399 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:06 PM

I love how "new" is $20... and "used" is $30.

#4392 Jurai  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:53 PM

There must have been a patch because it did seem to track better than the demo. Not perfect, but better.

I wonder if the GameStop employee knew about the eBay value of the game and “couldn’t” find it as a result

probably, the used copy I got was being held at the store in their hold drawer but the girl working couldn't find any paperwork tied with the order (probably got stashed by an employee) so she said screw it and just sold it to me

#4393 Jurai  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:55 PM

Has anyone ever ordered from there before? Are they legit?

They announced the physical release on the playstation blog, unless you're in a rush / in the uk, I would just wait for the US version to show up

#4394 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:31 AM

Apparently Knockout League is releasing next week.  It's gonna be tough for me to resist buying it at launch, but I already have a backlog of games I need to get through before buying anything else.

#4395 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1011 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:01 AM

I started to play Thumper tonight and I’m super into it. I think I paid $8 for it in a recent psn sale and it’s already proving to be well worth it. The sound design is superb and the art style is very cool and psychedelic. It feels like it took heavy inspiration from Rez and Frequency/Amplitude. There is a pretty decent length demo of it on the “demo disc 1”, which is available for free on psn.

And in regards to the V2 headset’s included earbuds, the game sounds great through them. I haven’t tried any other headphones or headset with my VR to compare because I don’t have any. But if you guys think the included earbuds suck, I can’t imagine how amazing it might sound through a good headset

#4396 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1936 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:17 AM

Not a bad deal. I’m still hunting for the V1 demo disc sealed.

Is it rare?

#4397 bobaroo2  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:00 PM

I love how "new" is $20... and "used" is $30.

If your talking about job sim. I bought one last week and they had on their site $30 but it was $25. With the prices on ebay dont think its bad, they could have charged a lot more

#4398 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   516 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:06 PM

I started to play Thumper tonight and I’m super into it. I think I paid $8 for it in a recent psn sale and it’s already proving to be well worth it. The sound design is superb and the art style is very cool and psychedelic. It feels like it took heavy inspiration from Rez and Frequency/Amplitude. There is a pretty decent length demo of it on the “demo disc 1”, which is available for free on psn.

And in regards to the V2 headset’s included earbuds, the game sounds great through them. I haven’t tried any other headphones or headset with my VR to compare because I don’t have any. But if you guys think the included earbuds suck, I can’t imagine how amazing it might sound through a good headset

The earbuds were good to me when I got my PSVR.  Then I got some over ear headphones (nothing special, the TB VR350's) and have used those since and it sounds a lot better. 

Then I went to play one day and my TB's were dead so I had to charge them but still wanted to play, so I put the earbuds in instead.  I was playing RE7.  

And holy shit it made a HUGE difference.  The earbuds are not nearly as good as the TB headphones.  There is no depth whatsoever to them compared to TB's and they have no bass.  I could also hear quite a bit of ambient noise compared to TB's.  The game felt a lot less scary too using the ear buds because of this.  

Thumper sounds awesome with them too, a lot of it due to the bass.

#4399 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1011 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:45 PM

How comfortable is it to wear an over the ear headset with the vr headset? It doesn’t seem like it would fit well over the VR

#4400 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   516 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:58 PM

How comfortable is it to wear an over the ear headset with the vr headset? It doesn’t seem like it would fit well over the VR

It's fine as long as they are wide enough to fit over PSVR.  If you get a pair make sure it's one that people say fits fine in the reviews and stuff.

#4401 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4245 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:48 PM

Is it rare?

Not at all. It’s sold everywhere today. I just collect bundled games/demos, so having the ‘not for resale’ version is important to me

#4402 McCHitman   Reigning Champ CAGiversary!   302 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

McCHitman

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:36 PM

I loved Hot Shots Golf 3. Me and Mom would play that for hours on end.

I got Everybodys Golf hoping to recapture some of that magic now that Mom has passed but it doesn't grab me the same way. I don't like not having the chatty cabbies and the fun characters either

#4403 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12022 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:44 AM

I never found a new or used copy near me, but I did happen across this today. It says it's backordered, but still allows you to place an order to be shipped when stock is received. Jump on it now before the assholes get to it.

I have a feeling these orders will never be fulfilled.  Bull Moose allowed something similar so I ordered there a few weeks ago and just got an email apologizing that even though they searched and tried to order it they were unable to so my order was canceled.

#4404 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:08 AM

I loved Hot Shots Golf 3. Me and Mom would play that for hours on end.

I got Everybodys Golf hoping to recapture some of that magic now that Mom has passed but it doesn't grab me the same way. I don't like not having the chatty cabbies and the fun characters either

Maybe I am missing something, but how is this related to VR?

#4405 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:20 AM

I have a feeling these orders will never be fulfilled.  Bull Moose allowed something similar so I ordered there a few weeks ago and just got an email apologizing that even though they searched and tried to order it they were unable to so my order was canceled.

I think you're probably right, but options are slim right now so might as well keep it as a backup. I passed on buying Job Simulator digitally this time around, but if this falls through I'll just pick it up with the next 20% off coupon.

As a consolation, I did buy The Lost Bear though. I'll probably get to it in the next couple of days.

Not sure if anyone is interested, but there's a copy of The Inpatient going for 25% off the list price on eBay. Probably won't last long.

#4406 LondonGaijin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   366 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

LondonGaijin

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:24 AM

You should swing by the Xbox Thread. It's a shining example of how to stay on topic. :^)

Edit - on-topic...
Week commencing 12th, 5 new games dropping:
CubeWorks
Drunken Bar Fight
Knockout League
Pop Up Pilgrims
Sprint Vector

#4407 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3587 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:13 AM

Maybe you could give the guy a break and just pass over his post without needing to complain about it.  He's posting about memories of his dead mother, but what's apparently more important to you is to point out he's off topic or posted in the wrong thread.  Nice.   [-(

#4408 barlush23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   255 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:27 PM

You should swing by the Xbox Thread. It's a shining example of how to stay on topic. :^)

Edit - on-topic...
Week commencing 12th, 5 new games dropping:
CubeWorks
Drunken Bar Fight
Knockout League
Pop Up Pilgrims
Sprint Vector

Sprint Vector has been getting great reviews. I really wish that and Knockout League were getting physical releases.

#4409 McCHitman   Reigning Champ CAGiversary!   302 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

McCHitman

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:48 PM

It was off topic from a few pages back. I didn't realize I was 3 pages back until after I posted it and then said screw it.

#4410 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:38 PM

Maybe you could give the guy a break and just pass over his post without needing to complain about it.  He's posting about memories of his dead mother, but what's apparently more important to you is to point out he's off topic or posted in the wrong thread.  Nice.   [-(

Who's complaining?  I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt and asked how it was related to VR.  I never said it was off topic or that he posted in the wrong thread.  Maybe learn how to read.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playstation VR