* * * * - 12 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#4471 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7568 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:20 AM

Well, unless the Chase variant is somehow able to hold its value. Weird how they're making 1 in 6 copies of the CE more valuable than the others. I'm curious to see how this plays out down the line.

In other news, just bought in to the PSVR goodness with the most recent sale, but I'm hesitant to open it in case Pro Day for whatever reason has some better deal. That, and I may need to look into a new internal, with all the new games I'm going to buy lol. 

You can buy the chase pop for $20 right now. It's literally the same one you can find in stores, that 1 in every 6 weaponized Rick that stores get is a chase. It's nothing special for the Ce, the CE just means that many *more* will exist.

#4472 Jurai  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:22 AM

TBH I don't collect funko so I don't even know what a Chase variant is, is that supposed to mean they're a lil rarer so you chase them down?

#4473 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6535 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:28 AM

I don't know Rick and Morty, but in the product details, what the heck does "real fake doors" mean?  :-k

Don't pay much for that game. It's a little over an hour long with zero deployability.

#4474 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   370 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:12 PM

As most people who are following it assumed, Moss has officially been announced to release next Tuesday, the 27th.

https://blog.us.play...ay-february-27/

That is probably my most anticipated game of 2018 at this point, I can't wait!

#4475 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3404 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:46 PM

As most people who are following it assumed, Moss has officially been announced to release next Tuesday, the 27th.

https://blog.us.play...ay-february-27/

That is probably my most anticipated game of 2018 at this point, I can't wait!

I bet Apex Construct has great word of mouth after release tomorrow. I'm really amazed at the pace of good VR games after the disappointment of The Inpatient. Hopefully Bravo Team keeps the streak going. Also, if you haven't played Sprint Vector and don't mind a little exercise it's an amazing game.

#4476 Jurai  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:08 PM

Any physical release for Moss?

#4477 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2358 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:57 PM

Any physical release for Moss?

Ugh. If there's no physical release I'm gonna be a sad panda. 

#4478 Jurai  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:00 PM

did a quick search and didn't see one, maybe LRG will pick it up, I think that would be their first PSVR?

Gamestop has a full page specifically for Moss, so maybe they are planning to announce an exclusive https://www.gamestop...collection/moss

#4479 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2358 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:05 PM

did a quick search and didn't see one, maybe LRG will pick it up, I think that would be their first PSVR?

Gamestop has a full page specifically for Moss, so maybe they are planning to announce an exclusive https://www.gamestop...collection/moss

LRG hasn't released a PSVR game yet but they have already announced one. Can't remember the name of it but it was one of those visual novel types. 

#4480 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   370 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:28 PM

Pretty sure the devs stated it's not getting a physical release, at least not initially.  You could tweet them and ask, they are pretty responsive on Twitter.

#4481 barlush23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:55 PM

LRG hasn't released a PSVR game yet but they have already announced one. Can't remember the name of it but it was one of those visual novel types.

The collector in me wants LRG to start doing PSVR releases, but man I really don’t like the whole LRG racing to buy experience.

#4482 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:09 PM

I am anticipating Moss, but I'm anticipating Ark Park a lot more.

#4483 SucceededMarker   Banned Banned   125 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

SucceededMarker

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:23 PM

The collector in me wants LRG to start doing PSVR releases, but man I really don’t like the whole LRG racing to buy experience.

It hasn't been that bad recently. 

#4484 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2358 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:53 PM

It peaked out with Wonderboy and Night Trap. They actually lost quite a few customers on those incidents because so many people were pissed that it sold out in 15 seconds and swore LRG off completely. Ever since then though, even the most popular games they've released have still taken a few minutes to maybe half an hour to sell out. The slower games have sometimes lasted all weekend. 

Oddworld Munchs Odyssey for Vita is up this Friday and will probably sell pretty quick, but overall that's become the exception and not the norm. 

#4485 irighti   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   271 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 08:06 PM

the price point is back. I was on the fence around the holidays, but I think i would get enough casual use out of this. I only have a couple of questions...are the move controllers required for any games, or are they just preferred? secondly what are the 'mostly agreed upon' top 5 or so titles to have. the ones that really show off what the ps vr can do. thanks

#4486 Lonely Boy  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 08:35 PM

the price point is back. I was on the fence around the holidays, but I think i would get enough casual use out of this. I only have a couple of questions...are the move controllers required for any games, or are they just preferred? secondly what are the 'mostly agreed upon' top 5 or so titles to have. the ones that really show off what the ps vr can do. thanks

Yeah, the Doom VFR bundle for $250 is a great deal. Move controllers are an absolute must for the PSVR, most games require them. I'm not sure about a "definitive" list of the must-have (it probably depends on user taste), but these ones have been bandied around the most:

Skyrim
Resident Evil 7
Farpoint (with Aim controller)
PlayStation VR Worlds (a good starter package)
Batman: Arkham VR
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood

That's by no means an "end-all" list (in fact, it's mostly outdated); there are definitely a lot of great, shorter experiences to be had in-between. In addition, Blood & Truth (an expansion of London Heist from VR Worlds) and Moss seem to be getting pretty good buzz. Also, be sure to get the most out of the free demo discs and check out The Playroom VR (also free). I think you picked the right time to get into VR.

#4487 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4268 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:52 PM

I'm getting Skyrim PSVR Move Controller Bundle next week (thanks tax refund). Love Gear VR and from what I've read, PSVR is even better.

From the list above, think I have Rush of Blood from PS Plus, getting Skyrim with the bundle, and may get Doom if still is $20 at Target. I've heard good things about VR Worlds, but I'm not sure yet.

I've seen people play Batman. Doesn't look like something I'd enjoy. Had enough fun with Lego Batman on Gear VR. Played RE7 way too much on Xbox One, but may get on a great sale or rent. Also heard good things about Far point, but I don't want to spend more money on an Aim Controller.

Are there any more good light gun games? I think Rush of Blood is one. I'm worried that some games will be too scary. There are a few in Gear VR I'd get anxiety from how scary they were.

#4488 Omni99  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:56 PM

I'm getting Skyrim PSVR Move Controller Bundle next week (thanks tax refund). Love Gear VR and from what I've read, PSVR is even better.

From the list above, think I have Rush of Blood from PS Plus, getting Skyrim with the bundle, and may get Doom if still is $20 at Target. I've heard good things about VR Worlds, but I'm not sure yet.

I've seen people play Batman. Doesn't look like something I'd enjoy. Had enough fun with Lego Batman on Gear VR. Played RE7 way too much on Xbox One, but may get on a great sale or rent. Also heard good things about Far point, but I don't want to spend more money on an Aim Controller.

Are there any more good light gun games? I think Rush of Blood is one. I'm worried that some games will be too scary. There are a few in Gear VR I'd get anxiety from how scary they were.

If you can get VR worlds for 10 or less, then I'd say it's worth it. London Heist is great. Batman is one of the best experiences with the VR to this day, some I'd say if you can get it for 10 or less them do that too. Between the 2 I'd say Batman is worth it more.

Do not forget SuperHot. That's still the best one IMO. If you want light guns then get Mortal Blitz...again when it's on sale preferably.

#4489 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3801 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:06 PM

Same, except I’ll be a panda who will never be playing Moss. I only buy physical, unless it’s a PS+ game.

#4490 Jurai  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:34 PM

unless Moss ends up being catastrophically bad I could see myself double dipping

#4491 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   370 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:38 PM

If you played the demo, I don't see how it could be bad if it's just more of that.  I love the "world" they show on the launch trailer, when he's in his little village.  I've steered clear of the PS Underground footage because I don't want anything spoiled, and I almost didn't watch the launch trailer for the same reason, but I did.

I just hope the game doesn't end up being like 3 hours long.  I hope it's at least 6 or 8 hours long.  At the $30 price point though I could see it not being super long.  I remember paying $20 for Abzu and loving every second of it, but it only being like 2-3 hours short was pretty disappointing.

#4492 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1544 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:13 PM

TBH I don't collect funko so I don't even know what a Chase variant is, is that supposed to mean they're a lil rarer so you chase them down?

Chase variants are rarer but have differences from the regular version of that fig. The cool ones have a new sculpt, accessory, glow, fuzzy texture, etc. The bad ones are just repaints :p

#4493 Jurai  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:36 PM

If you played the demo, I don't see how it could be bad if it's just more of that.  I love the "world" they show on the launch trailer, when he's in his little village.  I've steered clear of the PS Underground footage because I don't want anything spoiled, and I almost didn't watch the launch trailer for the same reason, but I did.

I just hope the game doesn't end up being like 3 hours long.  I hope it's at least 6 or 8 hours long.  At the $30 price point though I could see it not being super long.  I remember paying $20 for Abzu and loving every second of it, but it only being like 2-3 hours short was pretty disappointing.

Oh I didn't even realize they put a demo out thanks for the heads up

#4494 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   370 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:44 AM

Yeah I'll be curious to hear your impressions after the demo.  I don't know anyone who has played it and doesn't want to get it lol.

#4495 barlush23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:30 AM

These are the must play games, imo...

RE7
Farpoint
Skyrim
Super Hot
Sprint Vector
Rush of Blood
Ultra Wings

#4496 themidgardknight   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

themidgardknight

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:44 AM

These are the must play games, imo...
RE7
Farpoint
Skyrim
Super Hot
Sprint Vector
Rush of Blood
Ultra Wings

I've watched a bunch of YouTube reviews and it seems like Sprint Vector is THE surprise of 2018 thus far. Every reviewer had great things to say about it. Tempted to finally get PSVR BECAUSE of all the good press its gotten. And I just really wanna play Skyrim VR too :)

#4497 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   370 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:06 AM

I've watched a bunch of YouTube reviews and it seems like Sprint Vector is THE surprise of 2018 thus far. Every reviewer had great things to say about it. Tempted to finally get PSVR BECAUSE of all the good press its gotten. And I just really wanna play Skyrim VR too :)

If you get it and don't get the Skyrim bundle, I still have my sealed copy I'd let go for a fair deal.

#4498 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7568 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:06 AM

It peaked out with Wonderboy and Night Trap. They actually lost quite a few customers on those incidents because so many people were pissed that it sold out in 15 seconds and swore LRG off completely. Ever since then though, even the most popular games they've released have still taken a few minutes to maybe half an hour to sell out. The slower games have sometimes lasted all weekend. 

Oddworld Munchs Odyssey for Vita is up this Friday and will probably sell pretty quick, but overall that's become the exception and not the norm. 

A lot of people also realized buying every LRG release isn't going to make them a retirement fund, so people stopped hoarding them as much, which is letting people buy them easier. They didn't lose that many to WB/NT, just a few vocal loud assholes...

....which on CAG can seem like a lot of people since that's how half the forum acts these days :/

#4499 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   370 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:55 PM

I tweeted Polyarc Games and asked them about any plans for a physical release of Moss, and they replied "We're focusing on digital only at the moment."

#4500 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3801 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:06 PM

I tweeted Polyarc Games and asked them about any plans for a physical release of Moss, and they replied "We're focusing on digital only at the moment."

That’s a shame. I’m still waiting to play Superhot.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playstation VR