* * * * - 12 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#4501 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   370 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:27 PM

That’s a shame. I’m still waiting to play Superhot.

I mean I'm with you in that I prefer physical copies, and I will buy them when they are available, but I'm not stubborn enough that I will miss out on great games solely because they are digital only, especially when they aren't full priced games.

#4502 barlush23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   193 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:37 PM

I mean I'm with you in that I prefer physical copies, and I will buy them when they are available, but I'm not stubborn enough that I will miss out on great games solely because they are digital only, especially when they aren't full priced games.

This exactly.

#4503 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   872 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:14 PM

A lot of people also realized buying every LRG release isn't going to make them a retirement fund, so people stopped hoarding them as much, which is letting people buy them easier. They didn't lose that many to WB/NT, just a few vocal loud assholes... :/

Night Trap was my first experience with LRG and it absolutely turned me off to them. I did everything possible to be ready. I got my account set up ahead of time. I waited up for the sale, refreshing the page every second until the sale went live. I clicked through checkout super fast. But when I went click the final confirmation it had sold out and disappeared from my cart. My first try was for the CE and it looked like the standard edition was still in stock so I tried that. Once again, at the final checkout it was removed from my cart. Between the two editions there were 8,000 copies and they were all gone in less than a minute. I haven’t been vocal and loud about it (until now I guess), but they absolutely lost me over the experience

#4504 Jurai  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:38 PM

Night Trap was my first experience with LRG and it absolutely turned me off to them. I did everything possible to be ready. I got my account set up ahead of time. I waited up for the sale, refreshing the page every second until the sale went live. I clicked through checkout super fast. But when I went click the final confirmation it had sold out and disappeared from my cart. My first try was for the CE and it looked like the standard edition was still in stock so I tried that. Once again, at the final checkout it was removed from my cart. Between the two editions there were 8,000 copies and they were all gone in less than a minute. I haven’t been vocal and loud about it (until now I guess), but they absolutely lost me over the experience

I got 2 regulars and the CE with 0 issues

#4505 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2854 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:30 PM

:ps4:VR  Skyrim Bundle + $100 Dell eGiftcard via dell.com - $349.99

#4506 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3795 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:30 PM

This exactly.

I hear you. I take it neither of you have been burned before by a company. Microsoft stole from me, digital funds, and years worth of purchases/digital only content. I had XBL for a decade, and Xbox/360 were my primary consoles. My only account was banned, admittedly by a mistake on their end. After hours and hours of escalations, including phone and email support, I was told “sorry there’s no fixing the issue, yet you’re welcome to create an entirely new XBL account”. And no, they cannot transfer my purchases and funds.

So, I just don’t buy digital any longer.

#4507 dschroll  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:06 PM

Same thing happened to me.  I tried buying the regular version and it sold out by the time I got to my cart.  Also had everything set up in advance.  I then tried to get the collectors edition and it was sold out too.  I won't ever buy anything from LRG again.  There was clearly enough demand for this that warranted a second printing but if they don't want to offer it, then I guess they won't be getting my money.  

#4508 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3402 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:15 PM

Funny, I've bought a few things from them but my inability to schedule time around a release window of 5 minutes for Night Trap pretty much convinced me to give up on buying from them. When asked to bring back presells to adjust initial release volumes I was reminded of the Skull Girls debacle which I also bought into. I have no ill feelings but until they can scale to accommodate more than just hardcore collectors and re-sellers then I'm just out of luck.

Incidentally, there's a a pretty decent VR sale live now ( still no Polybius :-( ) but in the list I mark the must haves for PSVR as:

Archangel

I Expect You to Do

Rez Infinite

Superhot Bundle (both great games for totally different reasons)

Invisible Hours

Rush of Blood

Wouldn't mind opinions on Windlands and Shoot Fruity (even though it only has a 25% discount)

#4509 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:20 PM

Bunch of PSVR games on sale for PS+ members only.

https://store.playst...SPLUSSPECIALS/1

Once again, Sony pulling those Amazon Prime-like tactics and leaving non-members out of their sales.  Bastards!

#4510 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   370 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:24 PM

Considering being on islands and in tropical places is my favorite place to be, I may have to get this.

#4511 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:31 PM

If that's true then you should look into getting Perfect and anywhereVR.

#4512 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   876 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:15 PM

I hear you. I take it neither of you have been burned before by a company. Microsoft stole from me, digital funds, and years worth of purchases/digital only content. I had XBL for a decade, and Xbox/360 were my primary consoles. My only account was banned, admittedly by a mistake on their end. After hours and hours of escalations, including phone and email support, I was told “sorry there’s no fixing the issue, yet you’re welcome to create an entirely new XBL account”. And no, they cannot transfer my purchases and funds.

Also one of the reasons that I won't buy digital if there is physical available. I've never been burned like this, but I understand that when you are making a digital purchase, you don't own the game, you only own a license -- which can be taken away at any time. Plus, you're relying on the service still being around in the future. Does anyone remember Desura? All those Free Plus games and other digital purchases amount to nothing if Sony ever decides PS4 is no longer relevant or discontinues Plus. Twenty years later, I can still put an NES cartridge into NES and play it. Will I be able to download and play that free Plus game I got a few months ago twenty years from now?

#4513 bobaroo2  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:00 PM

Funny, I've bought a few things from them but my inability to schedule time around a release window of 5 minutes for Night Trap pretty much convinced me to give up on buying from them. When asked to bring back presells to adjust initial release volumes I was reminded of the Skull Girls debacle which I also bought into. I have no ill feelings but until they can scale to accommodate more than just hardcore collectors and re-sellers then I'm just out of luck.

Incidentally, there's a a pretty decent VR sale live now ( still no Polybius :-( ) but in the list I mark the must haves for PSVR as:

Archangel
I Expect You to Do
Rez Infinite
Superhot Bundle (both great games for totally different reasons)
Invisible Hours
Rush of Blood

Wouldn't mind opinions on Windlands and Shoot Fruity (even though it only has a 25% discount)

What is the second superhot game? Is it vr?

#4514 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7548 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:26 PM

I was just researching the same thing. I think it's a non vr game with a separate story. I think it's going to be free with xbox gold soon. I'm trying to decide if I should spend money on it now, or just wait and see if I can order the physical version for not a whole lot more money.

I'm curious to hear what other vr veterans here recommend to buy during this sale. I'll be purchasing some PSN cards with GS credit today for sure.

#4515 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3402 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:37 PM

I was just researching the same thing. I think it's a non vr game with a separate story. I think it's going to be free with xbox gold soon. I'm trying to decide if I should spend money on it now, or just wait and see if I can order the physical version for not a whole lot more money.

I'm curious to hear what other vr veterans here recommend to buy during this sale. I'll be purchasing some PSN cards with GS credit today for sure.

It's the same game as the free one on Xbox. It's 2D only and has you walking through a level rather than standing still like you do in VR. It focuses much more on position in the room and getting to weapons rather than dodging bullets by ducking and grabbing weapons in the air like you do in the VR version. Also while the game is totally minimalist there are entirely different levels for 2D and VR version making the essentially different games.

#4516 Omni99  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:45 PM

Hmmm...DOOM VFR or Arizona Sunshine? Both approx 20 bucks. And I have an aim controller.

#4517 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   872 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:13 PM

I got 2 regulars and the CE with 0 issues

Doesn’t change my experience any

#4518 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   876 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:14 PM

While I appreciate Sony giving us another PSVR sale, I'm once again disappointed with the selection. Always seems to be the same titles over and over again. The titles I'm waiting for never seem to go on sale. Like Polybius or even Fruit Ninja.  A game like Superhot even goes on sale, but apparently Fruit Ninja is too good for that.

#4519 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3452 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:14 PM

Yes, the bundle includes Superhot and Superhot VR.

I've been waiting for Superhot VR to go on sale so I am definitely going to download that. Anyone have thoughts on Arizona Sunrise though? Looks like it could be a good time and yes I do have the Aim controller. 

#4520 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3201 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:25 PM

Is Battlefront worth $6 just to try out the VR stuff?

#4521 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3452 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:27 PM

While I appreciate Sony giving us another PSVR sale, I'm once again disappointed with the selection. Always seems to be the same titles over and over again. The titles I'm waiting for never seem to go on sale. Like Polybius or even Fruit Ninja.  A game like Superhot even goes on sale, but apparently Fruit Ninja is too good for that.

Really? I think this is one of, if not the best, PSVR sales they have had on PSN. I am also biased because I really wanted Superhot VR to be on sale and if it wasn't I would be saying the same things you are probably. 

Yes, the X-Wing VR Mission is really short, but the experience is well worth $6. I bought the Ultimate Edition on sale for $10 around the time the VR Mission came out and have only played that VR Mission a handful of times, no regrets. 

#4522 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3098 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:34 PM

Went for several titles here. Arizona Sunshine, Archangel, Thumper, Gunjack and Stunt Kite Masters for ~$40 seems good enough. Actually really looking forward to Stunt Kite and have wanted it since launch, but $10 seemed a little steep. I'm willing to give most VR games a shot at less than $5, except Justice League. That one is supposed to be really terrible.

#4523 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   872 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:10 PM

I got a disc copy on eBay for $5 shipped. I got it just to play the VR mission and don’t regret my purchase. Had I not found it already I’d probably get this.

It’s really, really cool. But it did take me 3 tries to get through the 17 min mission to prevent motion sickness.

#4524 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:23 PM

Went for several titles here. Arizona Sunshine, Archangel, Thumper, Gunjack and Stunt Kite Masters for ~$40 seems good enough. Actually really looking forward to Stunt Kite and have wanted it since launch, but $10 seemed a little steep. I'm willing to give most VR games a shot at less than $5, except Justice League. That one is supposed to be really terrible.

I've also wanted to get Stunt Kite Masters.  Unfortunately I don't have PS+ so no sale price for me.   :cry:

#4525 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1379 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:41 PM

how on earth did they ban you ?

#4526 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1379 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:43 PM

Also one of the reasons that I won't buy digital if there is physical available. I've never been burned like this, but I understand that when you are making a digital purchase, you don't own the game, you only own a license -- which can be taken away at any time. Plus, you're relying on the service still being around in the future. Does anyone remember Desura? All those Free Plus games and other digital purchases amount to nothing if Sony ever decides PS4 is no longer relevant or discontinues Plus. Twenty years later, I can still put an NES cartridge into NES and play it. Will I be able to download and play that free Plus game I got a few months ago twenty years from now?

you hardly own physical games, many games today have a patch to make it playable and some games don't even fit on the disk so if you can't download it you can't play it

how many games today do you think you'll want to play 20 years from now?  a great looking game today will look horrible by then

#4527 Metal Militia   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   616 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Metal Militia

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:44 PM

Did Rick and Morty already go up on Best Buy because it just says “Coming Soon?”

#4528 Jurai  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:59 PM

Did Rick and Morty already go up on Best Buy because it just says “Coming Soon?”

I've only seen it on amazon so far

edit: per Wario, it's u p now https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6204059

#4529 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   666 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:51 PM

I buy physical, not digital unless it's a digital only release, for collection, resale, feel of ownership or whatever reason. However, I do think digital has its own advantage. You have your point but you haven't considered all situation.

What if you NES cartridge or system was broken one day? If your NES system was broken, you couldn't play any of them and you cartridges are no more than paperweights.

Electronic can fail any time, cartridge, disc reader will wear out or destroyed by accident or any physical means, so they will certainly not working one day.

However, I can still play the NES because I have the NES emulators and the ROM files on PC which will work on any old PC and probably next 10+ years PC. That you can consider its the digital version.

Digital game is more like an ownership right. How long it will last depends on how Sony or the company want to do it.  They can be a-hole or they can keep transferring your right to the new platform, by means of hardware backward support or using emulators like playing PSX games on PS Now and etc. That can potentially last longer than a physical cartridge or disc.

#4530 yuyak   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:19 PM

Question for you guys - is the Battlefront X-wing VR mission worth $6? 

I already played this game (and loved it) on the xbox. I really want to try the VR mission and the whole game is on sale right now for $6... but it's just one short mission right?

EDIT: Whoops! Sorry I didn't see this question was already asked on the previous page.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playstation VR