* * * * - 12 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#4651 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67371 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:05 PM

Oh man.... farpoint being played by someone afraid of spiders.
Please have someone video this. ;)

Go watch some YouTube gameplay to see what the “spiders” look/act like, then decide if you can play it.

#4652 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4274 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:08 PM

Tried Skyrim for a bit before going to work this morning. The biggest problem is when enemies are behind you. Normally in VR games, I'd rotate my whole body instead of using any buttons for the camera controls. This makes games feel much more immersive and reduces feeling sick or eye pain. Unfortunately your body then blocks the Move controllers.

It was the roller coaster part in Rush of Blood that got me too. That first drop.

Edit: Can't believe I forgot to mention Gary the Gull. Very short interactive "movie". I found it to be very funny.

#4653 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1805 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:50 PM

Frisky, you needed a heart rate monitor on screen lol.
How many times did you say “oh God”

#4654 Lonely Boy  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:08 PM

This one was on the sidebar.

As an arachnophobe myself, I hated the first half of the game. The only enemies are spiders that jump out at your face and just get bigger and bigger. There were points where I would contort my body so hard, I hit the wall in back of me. The thing is, that just made me more immersed in the game because I was that more invested in not being attacked. I was gripping the Aim so tightly, the skin broke on my hand. It's no joke in VR.

I haven't gotten to Skyrim yet, but I didn't even realize there were more giant spiders in that game. *sigh*

#4655 eric21456  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:21 PM

Hey everyone, very new to PSVR. I noticed there are heavy sales on the hardware recently where they're offering $100 off for psvr at BB, Tagret, etc. Do you guys think this could mean they're selling units cheap now and may reveal a new psvr model that's updated for e3? If so I'd probably just wait on this announcement as from what I've heard, the VR experience is good, but not great.

#4656 Lonely Boy  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:30 PM

I'm thinking it's going to be like the iPhone where there's a new model every year. V1 was released in October 2016 and V2 in November 2017. I wouldn't be surprised if a new upgrade/bundle comes out during the holidays. The thing is, the changes were fairly minor (HDR support being the big one), so I think updates would be mostly cosmetic in design until next generation hardware is released. It's not going to change the VR experience that much in terms of PS4 graphical capabilities, which I think is the major complaint (compared to HTC Vive and Oculus).

Personally, I haven't regretted my V2 purchase at all, and I would hate to have missed out on some of the most unique gameplay experiences I've ever had. I know it's just going to keep getting bigger and better in the future, so I like the idea of "growing" with the technology and keeping up to date with games. I'm not sure the VR backlog would age so well.

#4657 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7549 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:01 PM

Does anyone know what website is the best to buy the Superhot VR physical disc? It releases in 4 days. Amazon UK says it does not ship to the United States. I'm trying to decide if I want to import the physical or just buy the digital for $18

#4658 mrliquid   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   206 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:01 PM

Hey everyone, very new to PSVR. I noticed there are heavy sales on the hardware recently where they're offering $100 off for psvr at BB, Tagret, etc. Do you guys think this could mean they're selling units cheap now and may reveal a new psvr model that's updated for e3? If so I'd probably just wait on this announcement as from what I've heard, the VR experience is good, but not great.

Prices for the current model of PSVR will only get lower from here. If you are hesitant, just wait until E3 and see if a new one is announced. These VR deals will continue, and we might even get a permanent price drop in the coming months.

Simply put, the PSVR experience is unlike anything else. IMO, the quality of the headset and screen are excellent, and I am extremely happy with my purchase. Every single person I have had try out my PSVR was completely blown away. Several of them went out and bought one shortly after trying it. Its really hard to know just how cool the VR experience is until you try it. My wife, who hadnt played a video game since the SNES years, absolutely loves it. 

#4659 mrliquid   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   206 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:04 PM

Does anyone know what website is the best to buy the Superhot VR physical disc? It releases in 4 days. Amazon UK says it does not ship to the United States. I'm trying to decide if I want to import the physical or just buy the digital for $18

I placed my order on Amazon.co.uk this morning for Superhot. It didnt say anything about not shipping to the US, and charged me about 7 dollars for shipping. My order says: Arriving 9 Mar - 13 Mar

Edit: just checked the product page and it says: This item does not ship to the United States. 

Apparently items will still ship even if it says that it wont. Have you tried to place an order?

#4660 Lonely Boy  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:12 PM

2 shipping from US ($28.99): https://www.ebay.com...28/282853551311

10+ copies international (~$23.74): https://www.ebay.com...er/352286414385

That'll work in case the Amazon shipments get cancelled.

#4661 mrliquid   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   206 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:22 PM

https://www.ebay.com...28/282853551311

(2 copies left; hope you see this, Sonic and liquid)

Cool, thanks for this. My order from Amazon came out to about 24$ due to my employee discount (yes, I'm a corporate Am-hole...), but if my order doesn't come through I will pick one up from ebay.

Also, congrats on your Robinson score. If you are looking for something new to track down, Nothing Ever Remains Obscure NA release is very hard to find. :)

#4662 Lonely Boy  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:24 PM

Also, congrats on your Robinson score. If you are looking for something new to track down, Nothing Ever Remains Obscure NA release is very hard to find. :)

Haha, thanks. I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing it during the holiday sale for $4.49.

Edit: I just added this to my other post, but there is another seller who has Superhot for $23.74: https://www.ebay.com...er/352286414385

It's free international shipping, so it'll probably take about a month or so, but at least there are plenty of copies.

#4663 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   775 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:32 PM

I made my purchases for this PSN sale.

I Expect You To Die
PixleJunk VR Dead Hungry
Starship Disco
Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition
Statik
Superhot VR

$42 after the 15% off code from Sony Rewards. And while not part of the PSN sale, I ordered my first 3D bluray. I read mixed reviews of 3D bluray through PSVR, so I just got a cheap copy of 300: Rise of an Empire to test it out.

#4664 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7549 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:56 PM

I placed my order on Amazon.co.uk this morning for Superhot. It didnt say anything about not shipping to the US, and charged me about 7 dollars for shipping. My order says: Arriving 9 Mar - 13 Mar

Edit: just checked the product page and it says: This item does not ship to the United States. 

Apparently items will still ship even if it says that it wont. Have you tried to place an order?

2 shipping from US ($28.99): https://www.ebay.com...28/282853551311

10+ copies international (~$23.74): https://www.ebay.com...er/352286414385

That'll work in case the Amazon shipments get cancelled.

Thank you guys. I ended up buying from the ebay seller for $23.74. There was a target glitch a while back were they were selling $200 ebay giftcards for $140 and I still have some credit left. Spending $28 straight up cash on a game from Amazon UK hurts my CAG brain. Hopefully the ebay seller works out.

I'm a huge collector, but this is my first ever videogame import. It seems like a no brainer for one of the most acclaimed PSVR games.

#4665 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   377 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:12 PM

Is the PS4 region free?  I've only ever tried US region games.  UK games will work on US PS4's?

EDIT:

NM I see it does.

#4666 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   377 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:25 PM

Just a heads up with that Superhot VR guy on ebay selling it from NYC...

I was looking at shipping times and it says it'll take over 10 days to ship to MD from NY.  So I contacted the seller to ask him how long it will take, and on the contact page it said that the seller is registered on another ebay site and may not speak english.

Then I checked out some of his feedback and it seems he has really poor communication and some people said they waited over 2 weeks for games that never showed. 

I'm guessing this guy isn't really in NYC so it may be worth it to just get it from the other guy in the UK.  He seems more legit and it's cheaper.

#4667 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   377 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:47 PM

Just decided to order from that guy in the UK for just under $24.  Thanks for the link.

#4668 RandomHabit   Dai-Gurren CAGiversary!   162 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

RandomHabit

Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:40 AM

This one was on the sidebar.

https://www.youtube....h?v=HvAjUQpd0eE

As an arachnophobe myself, I hated the first half of the game. The only enemies are spiders that jump out at your face and just get bigger and bigger. There were points where I would contort my body so hard, I hit the wall in back of me. The thing is, that just made me more immersed in the game because I was that more invested in not being attacked. I was gripping the Aim so tightly, the skin broke on my hand. It's no joke in VR.

I haven't gotten to Skyrim yet, but I didn't even realize there were more giant spiders in that game. *sigh*

When I play skyrim on pc I play using the arachnaphobia mod. Replaces all spiders with bears.

The spiders in Farpoint don't look, horrifying to me. I definitely jumped a few times watching the video posted above. But I think I could handle it

#4669 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   887 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:25 AM

Just decided to order from that guy in the UK for just under $24. Thanks for the link.

I’m thinking I might do it too. I made about $24 profit off the sale of my Job Simulator just a couple days ago. So all I have to do is convince myself that those are the $24 I’ll be spending on it, thus making it a “free” game.

Plus I was thinking about getting it on psn anyway. Getting the physical on eBay isn’t that much more expensive.

#4670 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   377 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:36 AM

When I play skyrim on pc I play using the arachnaphobia mod. Replaces all spiders with bears.

The spiders in Farpoint don't look, horrifying to me. I definitely jumped a few times watching the video posted above. But I think I could handle it

The first time a "spider" jumps at you in Farpoint, you WILL jump 100% guaranteed lol.

#4671 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67371 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:34 AM

Frisky, you needed a heart rate monitor on screen lol.
How many times did you say “oh God”

#4672 Lonely Boy  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:39 AM

Dude, they have TEETH.  :-# 

Anyway, I guess it could be used as an exposure therapy tool to help get rid of fears. By the end of Farpoint, I was much more equipped to deal with them. But those little fuckers are fast and they swarm you.

#4673 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67371 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:46 AM

The first time a "spider" jumps at you in Farpoint, you WILL jump 100% guaranteed lol.

And when you see them go underground to get a closer look at you, it's a tension I don't easily get in a 2D FPS.

#4674 Pr0f1t   Trophywhorus Rex CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:45 AM

To store & charge all the VR stuff, I got 1 of these:  https://smile.amazon...duct/B01LYGCK1M

Has its own power cube and simultaneously charges 2 x Move, 2 x DS4 & has a USB in back for charging headphones or anything else you like.  Sturdy plastic & has worked great so far.

#4675 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1103 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:47 AM

To store & charge all the VR stuff, I got 1 of these:  https://smile.amazon...duct/B01LYGCK1M

Has its own power cube and simultaneously charges 2 x Move, 2 x DS4 & has a USB in back for charging headphones or anything else you like.  Sturdy plastic & has worked great so far.

I have owned it since release. I can vouch for how convenient it is. would recommend.

does anyone know if Super Stardust Ultra VR is standalone or an addon for the game? also would you recommend it for someone who has never played it before

#4676 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7549 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:49 AM

I’m thinking I might do it too. I made about $24 profit off the sale of my Job Simulator just a couple days ago. So all I have to do is convince myself that those are the $24 I’ll be spending on it, thus making it a “free” game.

Plus I was thinking about getting it on psn anyway. Getting the physical on eBay isn’t that much more expensive.

True, $5 or $6 more isn't too bad. The one I'm struggling with is Don't Knock Twice. It's $9.99 to download right now but the disc will be $31.99 with GCU. 

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6179602

Or just wait for an inevitable price drop at Best Buy or Gamestop in 3 to 6 months. 

A $21.99+tax difference is a lot

#4677 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7549 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:59 AM

I drove around to some gamestops today for those scratch off vouchers while buying PSN cards. I have $92 to spend. Below is the list of what I'm planning on getting so far. Are there any must play games that I'm missing? 

Dexed
Don't Knock Twice
The Brookhaven Experiment
I Expect You To Die
Carnival Games
Archangel
Statik
Sparc

I already have apollo 11, Batman, doom, driveclub, eagle flight, far point, invisible hours, loading human,moto racer, paranormal activity, RE7 Gold, Star Trek, Star Wars, Superhot (hopefully), Thumper, Until Dawn, VR Karts, and Werewolves within.

I'm tempted by the Carnival Games DLC, Rez, and Here They Lie. Here they Lie sounds notorious for motion sickness though.

#4678 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4274 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:19 AM

To store & charge all the VR stuff, I got 1 of these: https://smile.amazon...duct/B01LYGCK1M

Has its own power cube and simultaneously charges 2 x Move, 2 x DS4 & has a USB in back for charging headphones or anything else you like. Sturdy plastic & has worked great so far.

I'm nervous about getting a stand unless it covers the lens. I've read about the sun melting part of the headset. I keep mine in a box, but I really want the $30 charger from Walmart.

#4679 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   377 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:27 AM

I bought that stand you all are talking about from Amazon but I thought it was too bulky so I ended up getting this one when it was $30 at Walmart.

https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B01LB4KGOS/

And I like that one a lot more.  It's a lot more low profile, which is about the only difference, but it holds 1 less DS4 and I only have 1 so it works fine for me.

#4680 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67371 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:45 AM

I have owned it since release. I can vouch for how convenient it is. would recommend.

does anyone know if Super Stardust Ultra VR is standalone or an addon for the game? also would you recommend it for someone who has never played it before

It's standalone from the original game, but there is an add-on for the original game to add the VR stuff to the game.

Super Stardust Ultra is a great dual-stick shooter, but the first-person VR mode is a major nausea creator for me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playstation VR