* * * * - 13 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#4831 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2018 - 02:01 AM

So is the consensus that Moss is worth the $30 price tag?

A quick google search will confirm this.  Pretty much everyone is raving about it.

#4832 barlush23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2018 - 02:14 AM

A quick google search will confirm this. Pretty much everyone is raving about it.

I was referring to the people here, not the general reviews, but thanks.

#4833 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2018 - 02:19 AM

I was referring to the people here, not the general reviews, but thanks.

It's a short game, but it's incredible.  If $30 is worth 3.5-4 hours to you on the first play through, then yeah.  I've already played through it 3x and plan on doing it at least 1 more time without dying so I can get the final trophy.  After that I may visit it every now and then just because it's so awesome and the world is amazing, but it will suck to play it without any kind of purpose.

#4834 barlush23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2018 - 02:32 AM

It's a short game, but it's incredible. If $30 is worth 3.5-4 hours to you on the first play through, then yeah. I've already played through it 3x and plan on doing it at least 1 more time without dying so I can get the final trophy. After that I may visit it every now and then just because it's so awesome and the world is amazing, but it will suck to play it without any kind of purpose.

3-4 hours is fine for $30 imo, as long as it’s great. I was afraid it was much shorter. Thanks

#4835 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2018 - 03:31 AM

3-4 hours is fine for $30 imo, as long as it’s great. I was afraid it was much shorter. Thanks

Yeah if you explore and look for all the collectibles, watch the cutscenes, and just take it all in, you can easily hit the 4 hour mark on the first play through.  The game is a masterpiece though.  The way they created Quill and how "real" she feels, and just the whole level design being like a diorama that you can physically look through, it's just incredible.

#4836 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6680 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2018 - 03:46 AM

Ahhh I found a new PSVR Skyrim bundle at a local discount store for $250 out the door. Already have a Vive, picked it up anyway. Not sure if I'll keep it or return it. I don't necessarily need another VR headset but at that price I couldn't say no :/

#4837 bobaroo2  

Posted 04 March 2018 - 04:16 AM

Ahhh I found a new PSVR Skyrim bundle at a local discount store for $250 out the door. Already have a Vive, picked it up anyway. Not sure if I'll keep it or return it. I don't necessarily need another VR headset but at that price I couldn't say no :/

If i were you, I wouldnt take it back. Wait till sale is over, then sell it for $375 or so on fb marketplace

#4838 Deadpool   I club baby seals CAGiversary!   2408 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:53 AM

Feel free to hit me up after you are done with it. I'll buy it for $300

#4839 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2018 - 06:00 AM

So I just beat Moss start to finish without dying and timed it to see how long it would take and it took exactly 60 minutes.  Got the platinum though!

#4840 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 04 March 2018 - 03:29 PM

So is the consensus that Moss is worth the $30 price tag?

Personally, I'm just waiting for it to go on sale.  It'll go on sale eventually and it will save me a lot of money.  Even if it's worth $30, it'll be worth it even more at $15.

#4841 kobeisgod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   777 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

kobeisgod

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:05 PM

Not sure if mentioned but Inpatient dropped in price on Amazon to $30.00, cheaper used through warehouse but "acceptable" for 24.79.

https://www.amazon.c...words=inpatient

#4842 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   977 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:05 PM

Personally, I'm just waiting for it to go on sale.  It'll go on sale eventually and it will save me a lot of money.  Even if it's worth $30, it'll be worth it even more at $15.

As a CAG, even a $1 discount makes it that much sweeter. I don't think a sale will be coming anytime soon (especially since it's a critically-acclaimed title that was prominently featured on the demo disc), but the next 20% off coupon would be a good opportunity to snag it for $24.

Not sure if mentioned but Inpatient dropped in price on Amazon to $30.00, cheaper used through warehouse but "acceptable" for 24.79.

https://www.amazon.c...words=inpatient

God damn it. That makes my latest "victory" seem that less impressive. I bet I could have nabbed it even cheaper if I waited one more week. *sigh*

#4843 barlush23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:23 AM

As a CAG, even a $1 discount makes it that much sweeter. I don't think a sale will be coming anytime soon (especially since it's a critically-acclaimed title that was prominently featured on the demo disc), but the next 20% off coupon would be a good opportunity to snag it for $24.

God damn it. That makes my latest "victory" seem that less impressive. I bet I could have nabbed it even cheaper if I waited one more week. *sigh*

Anything over $15 is too much for The Inpatient, imo. I was really excited for it since I loved Untill Dawn and RoB, but buying it at launch was a mistake.

#4844 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7562 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:05 AM

I bought that IBIS hdmi switch people recommend for users with the old PSVR who want HDR passthrough. 

https://sewelldirect...h-box-2x1-white

The HDMI cables that came with the PS4 Pro, the PSVR, The Xbox one X, and Amazonbasics 4k branded ones aren't working. Does anyone with that switch have HDMI cables to recommend? 

The cables on the sewell website are $10+shipping. The rocketfish cables were recommended by one amazon review, but they are $29.99 each. Some people say monoprice cables work and some people say monoprice cables don't work. I don't know which monoprice ones to buy. 

I'm thinking of gambling $14 on two of these, but I'm not sure https://www.amazon.c...DKIKX0DER&psc=1

#4845 3rdamention   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   133 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

3rdamention

Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:07 PM

I bought that IBIS hdmi switch people recommend for users with the old PSVR who want HDR passthrough. 

https://sewelldirect...h-box-2x1-white

The HDMI cables that came with the PS4 Pro, the PSVR, The Xbox one X, and Amazonbasics 4k branded ones aren't working. Does anyone with that switch have HDMI cables to recommend? 

The cables on the sewell website are $10+shipping. The rocketfish cables were recommended by one amazon review, but they are $29.99 each. Some people say monoprice cables work and some people say monoprice cables don't work. I don't know which monoprice ones to buy. 

I'm thinking of gambling $14 on two of these, but I'm not sure https://www.amazon.c...DKIKX0DER&psc=1

I just bought an HDMI Switch for my PS4Pro and PSVR.  I actually bought the Huierav HDMI 2.0 AB Switch, but I know the IBIS works well too.  I did a ton of research and I have had to do a few tweaks in my setup, but I think I have a few tips that will help get yours working right. 

1.  Make sure your IBIS Switch is the White One, the Black One will not do what you are wanting.  

2.  Make sure you use a short, like 6 inch HDMI 2.0 cable from your PS4 to the switch.  Longer hdmi cables going from the PS4 to the switch do not always work.  This is the exact one I bought for my switch, and it works great.  It is $7.  https://www.amazon.c...1?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3.  Make sure you use your switch when the PS4 is turned off.  I know a lot of people had better success using the switch when the PS4 wasn't on.  However, the Huierav switch I bought will switch quickly, without issues, without turning off the PS4.  Sometimes it has more to do with your receiver or your TV really needing the PS4 to be off before switching the HDMI Switch.  

#4846 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3560 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:33 PM

There is an easy joke out there (for Job Simulator fans) about how you can now repackage the Gamestop CEO as used and mark him up by $10 since the new copy is no longer available.  #Toosoon 

#4847 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4000 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:49 PM

So I peeled off the "new looking" $34.99 sticker, and underneath was a $19.99 new sticker.

thumbnail.jpg

It was definitely a brand new copy, marked up. There wasn't even a pre-owned $29.99 sticker underneath, it was just the $34.99 affixed over the new. Shady as fuuu

This always pissed me off when I worked at Gamestop and this is just them getting sloppy about it. We used to get shipments from the warehouse of "used" PS2 games that were more expensive titles at the time (probably still are today) like Guitaroo Man and SMT: Nocturne which both sold for less new, but was no longer in print so virtually no stores had new copies. Well, this is because Gamestop would send the new copies back to the warehouse to be sent back to stores as used copies. In the cases of these games the used copies were usually $20-$25 more than what the new copies were priced at in the store. They also will do this with newer games to lower the price in some cases to get rid of stock they can't move, but that happens way less often. 

#4848 daruler022   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

daruler022

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:50 PM

I was able to score Robinson: The Journey from a local Wal-Mart today for $19.93. I had the employee scan for more copies, but sadly it was the only one. It was on the very bottom of the glass case in a row of random games.Screenshot_2018-03-05-15-58-15.png

#4849 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4396 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:50 AM

Never heard of Robinson and the reviews slam it pretty badly.

#4850 daruler022   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

daruler022

Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:44 AM

Never heard of Robinson and the reviews slam it pretty badly.

I still wanted to check it out and it helps that it's out of print and rare now, so I can sell it for way more than I paid for it.

#4851 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:58 AM

After reading some Bravo Team reviews this morning, I don't think I'm going to open my copy from Amazon and will be sending it back.

#4852 barlush23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:31 PM

After reading some Bravo Team reviews this morning, I don't think I'm going to open my copy from Amazon and will be sending it back.

Same here, sounds like it will be better to wait for a sale or clearance. That sucks, I was really hoping it would be good.

#4853 bobaroo2  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:37 PM

Yep, mines going back to best buy

#4854 Linkgx1   No White Knights! CAGiversary!   974 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:12 PM

The PlayStation Move controller is frustrating. I just want a pair of them for under $50. Damn supply and demand.

#4855 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4000 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:16 PM

The PlayStation Move controller is frustrating. I just want a pair of them for under $50. Damn supply and demand.

I got mine refurbished on Amazon before the PSVR came out for $23 for the pair. I figured they'd jump in price but didn't expect them to go up that much since it's old tech. 

#4856 DurbanBrown   to the MOON CAGiversary!   1642 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

DurbanBrown

Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:34 PM

I am considering doing the same thing

#4857 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:50 PM

New Sales

MONSTER OF THE DEEP: FINAL FANTASY XV, $14.99, (Reg. $29.99)
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration, $19.79, (Reg. $59.99)

New Releases

VRFC Virtual Reality Football Club, $19.99 (PS+ $15.99)

#4858 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3218 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:12 PM

May get Monster of the Deep. I've been wanting a decent VR fishing game, and this seems like the best one currently out there. Anyone here played it?

#4859 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:55 PM

Man some of these reviews of Bravo Team are hilariously bad.

Simply put, the work put in as a result of the delay wasn’t enough — there is nothing truly good about this game. It’s poorly made and is, hands down, the worst game I’ve ever played. The fact that the end credits didn’t include a personal apology because you simply made it to ’em is astonishing.

Read more from the original story: https://stevivor.com...-out-of-sights/

https://stevivor.com...-out-of-sights/

I am 100% returning this to Amazon tomorrow.

EDIT:

LOL wow...

BT2.gif

#4860 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3591 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:06 PM

That's only because that wall was a hologram. That building was designed with a bunch of them for strategic reasons.  :-

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playstation VR