* * * * - 12 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#4981 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:41 PM

I'm in uncharted territory.

Spoiler

The listing was "Bravo Team with Aim Controller" just for reference. There were 15 sold at the time of posting (10+ available; seller has 100% positive feedback). I'm curious to see how this plays out.

The seller hasn't had any feedback since early 2017.  That combined with the "too good to be true" price and multiple quantities are all signs that it was a hacked account.

#4982 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:16 PM

Has anyone used the mCable for PSVR?  I just read about this on another forum and knew nothing about it, and the guys friends swear by it saying it makes it look noticeably better.  Has anyone on here used it and can they report how it compares?

#4983 LondonGaijin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   361 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

LondonGaijin

Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:26 PM

In before Snake Oil.

#4984 Lonely Boy  

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:45 PM

The seller hasn't had any feedback since early 2017.  That combined with the "too good to be true" price and multiple quantities are all signs that it was a hacked account.

Yep, that was exactly the case. Got a message that an "unauthorized third party may have gained access to a compromised account" and the payment was cancelled before it went through anyway. All the signs were there of a shady deal, but good to know that happens.

Everything ventured, nothing gained. That's my motto.

#4985 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3378 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:27 PM

So folks,GT Sport is 36 bucks on Amazon. It's got a decent amount of post launch support and some minimal VR. Anyone breakdown and play the VR stuff despite disappointing VR implementation?

#4986 boneless   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1727 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:42 PM

Whatever happened to golem? It was supposed to release on March 13 but can't find it on the psn store.

#4987 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4263 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:31 AM

Whatever happened to golem? It was supposed to release on March 13 but can't find it on the psn store.

Delayed with no release date

Gamertag: Bob101910 RFP (FIXED)

#4988 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67132 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:40 AM

https://www.vrfocus....re-screenshots/

Pixel Ripped 1989 is coming to PSVR on 5/22.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#4989 phoenixlau   backlogged CAGiversary!   423 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:20 PM

Has anyone used the mCable for PSVR?  I just read about this on another forum and knew nothing about it, and the guys friends swear by it saying it makes it look noticeably better.  Has anyone on here used it and can they report how it compares?

Digital Foundry says the mCable doesn't work with PSVR headset (it automatically deactivates).

https://www.youtube....h?v=ANIlyANoFxI (at 2:19) 

Odesza - A Moment Apart - MP3 album - $1

:pc: Shadow Warrior 2 - $5 ///  :pc: Shadow Warrior 1 - $1

:pc: Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition - $1 /// Stories: Path of Destinies - $1

:pc: Jotun - $1 /// Nuclear Throne - $1 /// Rogue Legacy $1 /// Thomas Was Alone - $1

:pc: Chariot - $1 /// Awesomenauts - $1 /// Punch Club - $1

...........Check my sell list! https://www.cheapass.../#entry12310450

#4990 cleaver   You have 0 friends CAGiversary!   3587 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:01 PM

So folks,GT Sport is 36 bucks on Amazon. It's got a decent amount of post launch support and some minimal VR. Anyone breakdown and play the VR stuff despite disappointing VR implementation?

I don’t think any game makes me more nauseous. I want to like it but I can’t fix the camera so I’m not either peaking over the steering wheel or my head doesn’t fill up the car.
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.

#4991 kobeisgod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   766 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

kobeisgod

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:58 PM

FYI, It's now $32.63 for the limited edition, oddly cheaper than regular edition. I'm tempted at this price.

#4992 cleaver   You have 0 friends CAGiversary!   3587 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:23 PM

Both versions of Rick and Morty and Megadimension Neptunia VIIR are both in the Target b1g1 half off
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.

#4993 Thebacklash   Not your Fathers Root Beer+Vanilla Frosty=Best RB Float! CAGiversary!   1697 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:26 PM

FYI, It's now $32.63 for the limited edition, oddly cheaper than regular edition. I'm tempted at this price.

check sellers, $28.39 no shipping (or tax for me) from "BLINQ" 67k ratings with a 4.5 star overall.. 

#4994 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2358 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:47 PM

The VR in that game is limited to single race mode vs. one other car, correct? 

Can you even select different tracks or is it limited to a single track as well? 

joshTX.png

#4995 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3378 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:16 AM

The VR in that game is limited to single race mode vs. one other car, correct? 

Can you even select different tracks or is it limited to a single track as well? 

It's two cars single race with support for most (if not all?) cars and most (if not all tracks). The cars and tracks in patches have been accessible in VR but the single race mode is apparently  pretty bad with limited AI.

#4996 bstringbean  

bstringbean

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:46 PM

https://www.limitedr...-pixel-gear-ps4

Pixel Gear is getting a physical release on Wednesday 3/21 for $24.99. It's a great game, but that price is a little steep. I think I paid <$3?

#4997 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3416 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:01 PM

Pixel Gear is getting a physical release on Wednesday 3/21 for $24.99. It's a great game, but that price is a little steep. I think I paid <$3?

I think it is on sale currently for $3 or $4 digitally. I like that LRG is doing physical VR games now, but it's too bad this one isn't very good and not worth $25. 

I finally picked up Psychonauts though after seeing it for $15 on clearance at Gamestop I figured I would finally get the game and I played for about 2 hours yesterday and really enjoyed it.

Currently Playing(in rotation):

:ps4: Sega Genesis Classics,  God of War and Yakuza 6 |  :xb1: PUBG |   :switch: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon,DKC: Tropical Freeze, Owlboy, and Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection

Also Casually Playing: 

Crazy Taxi (Dreamcast)

#4998 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   856 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:48 PM

From the psn sale I picked up Statik and Honor and Duty Arcade Edition. I watched a few reviews for Statik and all of them were glowing. And it appears to be its lowest price according to psprices. Picked up Honor and Duty just because of the price point. I wouldn’t have bit unless they had patched in VR support though

#4999 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   339 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:26 PM

Woohoo! My sealed copy of Job Simulator that i had sold on eBay finally made it back to me after being lost in the USPS system for 3 weeks.

#5000 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:36 PM

Woohoo! My sealed copy of Job Simulator that i had sold on eBay finally made it back to me after being lost in the USPS system for 3 weeks.

Congratulations!

#5001 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2358 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:45 AM

I think it is on sale currently for $3 or $4 digitally. I like that LRG is doing physical VR games now, but it's too bad this one isn't very good and not worth $25. 

I finally picked up Psychonauts though after seeing it for $15 on clearance at Gamestop I figured I would finally get the game and I played for about 2 hours yesterday and really enjoyed it.

I'm hoping we start to see some of the VR greats make their way to physical copies through LRG. Games like Thumper, Polybius, Moss, Mervil's, Archangel, and such. I know SuperHot and AZ Sunshine got physical releases in the UK, but if I knew LRG had a path to release those in the US I would hold off and grab those as well. 

joshTX.png

#5002 barlush23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   183 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:14 AM

That’s pretty much LRG’s MO. Most of their games can be had for less than $5 digitally at some point. Some are even free with PSN at different times.

I plan to order Pixel Gear because I’m collecting all the PSVR physical releases, but otherwise I would pass. $25 is definitely way too much for that game.

#5003 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:22 PM

Target is having a Buy One, Get One 50% off sale on PSVR games:

Batman: Arkham VR

Battlezone

Bravo Team

Don't Knock Twice

Doom VFR

Driveclub VR

Eagle Flight

EVE Valkyrie

Farpoint / Aim Controller Bundle

Gran Turismo Sport

Motoracer 4

PlayStation VR Worlds

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality

Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality Collector's Edition

RIGS Mechanized Combat League

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration

Star Trek: Bridge Crew

Starblood Arena

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR

The Inpatient

VR Karts

Werewolves Within

#5004 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:36 PM

Trying to decide between Rick and Morty, The Inpatient, and VR Karts.

I know The Inpatient didn't live up to the hype, but it's on sale for $28.99 which seems decent.

Also, I know people shit on VR Karts all the time, but for $10, it seems like it would be worth it.

#5005 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67132 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:43 PM

There's a new PSVR game on sale:

Floor Plan - $4.79 - 20% Off - Ends 4/3

And a new release:

Audio Beats - $9.99

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#5006 Jurai  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 05:54 PM

Trying to decide between Rick and Morty, The Inpatient, and VR Karts.

I know The Inpatient didn't live up to the hype, but it's on sale for $28.99 which seems decent.

Also, I know people shit on VR Karts all the time, but for $10, it seems like it would be worth it.

I have Rick and Morty on my vive, if you are a fan of the tv show you'll probably enjoy it, it's a good VR experience

#5007 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2018 - 01:40 AM

From the psn sale I picked up Statik and Honor and Duty Arcade Edition. I watched a few reviews for Statik and all of them were glowing. And it appears to be its lowest price according to psprices. Picked up Honor and Duty just because of the price point. I wouldn’t have bit unless they had patched in VR support though

Thank you for posting this about Statik.  It made me look at the sale on PSN website and found out there was a demo, I had no clue.  I had heard good things about the game.  I just played the demo and immediately bought it in-game for $10.  Really cool game and I love how they don't tell you jack shit so far lol.

#5008 Jurai  

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:22 AM

Statik looks interesting, might pick it up with the Bloodborne dlc

#5009 jonalfonso  

jonalfonso

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:23 AM

Static is absolutely worth 10$. Cool experience

#5010 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:43 AM

Meh...Statik is fun at first, then the puzzles get way too difficult.  I couldn't figure out the one with the security cameras, then gave up and never went back.  They should at least give you a hint if you get stuck for a long time.

Not to mention the puzzles in between puzzles where you are given various shapes and have to assemble them.  That is a complete guessing game.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playstation VR