* * * * - 12 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#5341 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67551 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:31 PM

Do you need a lot of room (large play area) for Superhot VR? I bought Holoball a long time ago and didn't get to enjoy it due to my limited space. I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Yeah, you have to be able to walk around a bit to pick up weapons or dodge bullets.

#5342 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:34 PM

Damn, I guess that's out then.  Thanks just the same.

Maybe I'll go with Accounting+ and the Carnival Games add-on.

#5343 xraytd  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:57 PM

Do you need a lot of room (large play area) for Superhot VR? I bought Holoball a long time ago and didn't get to enjoy it due to my limited space. I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

My nephew literally punched his TV and cracked the screen while playing Superhot VR, so I'd say "Yes" you would want a lot of room for this game.  

#5344 yuyak   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   425 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:37 PM

I haven't gotten *that* far in the game, but I'd say "one step" in each direction is about the space you need, from my experience. It's an awesome game though. 

#5345 dschroll  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:26 AM

Is accounting or carnival games worth it? I definitely will get super hot.

#5346 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3458 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:50 AM

Accounting + is an alright absurdist comedy game that lasts an hour but you would play for an additional hour to plat if that's your thing. It has the funniest, smartest, trophy in the history of PS trophies and is funnier than the anything else the game has to say.

Carnival games is the Wii Sports of VR since its a bunch of familiar games that you play intuitively using the move controllers. It works as advertised which is a complement considering it has a decent variety of games. Production is solid and inoffensive but nothing special.

#5347 dschroll  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:04 AM

Accounting + is an alright absurdist comedy game that lasts an hour but you would play for an additional hour to plat if that's your thing. It has the funniest, smartest, trophy in the history of PS trophies and is funnier than the anything else the game has to say.

Carnival games is the Wii Sports of VR since its a bunch of familiar games that you play intuitively using the move controllers. It works as advertised which is a complement considering it has a decent variety of games. Production is solid and inoffensive but nothing special.

Thank you.  I think I'll just stick with Superhot then.  

#5348 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67551 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:11 AM

Both are really good depending on what you're interested in.

Carnival Games VR is great as a showcase for the variety of styles of actions you can do in VR and does a very good job of making fun carnival games out of most of them. A few of the games are stinkers, but most are very good and are a lot better than you'd expect from the series' reputation. It's a fun experience and they have a lot of unlockables to play around with in a physics playground area.

Accounting+ is a great comedic physics adventure game, especially if you're into the Rick & Morty style of rambling, vulgar humor that the series has in it. It's not a super long game, but there's a good bit to mess around with in each area.

I've got videos for each game if you want to see them in action:

Spoiler

#5349 cleaver   You have 0 friends CAGiversary!   3592 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:11 AM

Thank you. I think I'll just stick with Superhot then.

Rez is great and I’ve heard good things about GNOG

#5350 Lonely Boy  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:20 AM

I've never really been interested in it, but the "Wii Sports of VR" sounds intriguing. I always thought that was VR Worlds for some reason.

I'll wait till it drops back down to $5, though, especially if I want to buy the DLC.

#5351 Ryan_gf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:50 PM

I played Accounting+ this last weekend and had a blast, it was hilarious and simple enough to serve as a great "This is what VR can do" piece to show friends. Especially those who usually don't game.

#5352 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1413 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:54 PM

anybody play Virry Vr Wild Encounters?

#5353 Lonely Boy  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:45 PM

Looks like Cold Iron got a permanent price drop to $13.99. That doesn't bode well.

#5354 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:14 AM

Just want to throw in another vote for Carnival Games VR.  Even at the current sale price, I'd say it's worth buying without waiting for it to go lower.  The wall climbing mini-game is one of the most fun things I've done to date in VR.

#5355 Deadpool   I club baby seals CAGiversary!   2387 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:04 AM

Looks like Cold Iron got a permanent price drop to $13.99. That doesn't bode well.

Hopefully that just means more people will buy it. I think it's quite awesome. 

#5356 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   383 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:11 PM

I don't think I'll be playing any VR until I finish God of War.  The game is just too good.

#5357 yuzhanvong   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   9 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

yuzhanvong

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:41 PM

I don't think I'll be playing any VR until I finish God of War. The game is just too good.

In exactly the same spot. I picked up Wipeout, Rick and Morty vr, Eve, and Doom vfr all last week on sales and they're just going to sit there...

#5358 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3884 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:25 PM

I don't think I'll be playing any VR until I finish God of War. The game is just too good.

I just got the GoW pro bundle over the weekend. Haven’t touched the game yet, just set up the console. Honestly I don’t want to play it knowing photo mode is coming, I feel it detracts from the game knowing extra content/modes are coming soon yet probably by the time it does will have platinumed the game and won’t be playing it again.

Plus the game has had patches nearly everyday so far. Which is why I don’t buy games at launch anymore. Games are rushed and often broken early on. I can’t tell you how many games were ruined by bugs for me, only to be fixed weeks or months post launch. Would have made my experiences so much better.

#5359 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   383 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:52 PM

If you're trying to convince yourself the game is "broken" because they are putting patches out, you are kidding yourself.   The game is one of the most polished games I've ever played.

I didn't know a photo mode is coming out and I couldn't care less now that I do know it's coming out.

#5360 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3884 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:05 PM

If you're trying to convince yourself the game is "broken" because they are putting patches out, you are kidding yourself. The game is one of the most polished games I've ever played.

I didn't know a photo mode is coming out and I couldn't care less now that I do know it's coming out.

I never said GoW specifically is broken. Though something must be wrong if there have been daily patches. The game is on its 5th patch today, and it hasn’t even been out a week.

Like I said, I’ve had games ruined that were broken/had aggrevating bugs, that were patched post launch, sometimes months later. The problem was with some games (looking at you Ubisoft) the patches had no effect on current game saves. I have some games I cannot 100% because of bugs.

#5361 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3280 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:09 PM

I just got the GoW pro bundle over the weekend. Haven’t touched the game yet, just set up the console. Honestly I don’t want to play it knowing photo mode is coming, I feel it detracts from the game knowing extra content/modes are coming soon yet probably by the time it does will have platinumed the game and won’t be playing it again.

Plus the game has had patches nearly everyday so far. Which is why I don’t buy games at launch anymore. Games are rushed and often broken early on. I can’t tell you how many games were ruined by bugs for me, only to be fixed weeks or months post launch. Would have made my experiences so much better.

Your comments would ring true for other games where clearly they had problems, but when a game like God of War is basically getting universal praise, it's hard to criticize it for getting patches, etc.  Every game is going to have minor issues that should be addressed after launch.  Perhaps photo mode isn't minor to some, but other patches certainly sound that way for this game.

#5362 Lonely Boy  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:15 PM

I don't think I'll be playing any VR until I finish God of War.  The game is just too good.

It's a damn good game. And polished all the way through. I didn't get one glitch, one blue error screen, no hiccups whatsoever. I finished the narrative a couple days ago and I'm still playing because there's so much to do and new dialogue popping up to fill the empty spaces (they did a really good job with that, by the way). For once, I'm glad I wasn't cheap and bought day one. It'll be hard to top going forward, that's for sure.

The patches haven't been a hindrance because they're small and haven't interrupted gameplay at all. I just figured they're minor fixes/improvements and constantly making the game better. There's only so much beta testing you can do before you put it out there in the world.

#5363 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1424 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:14 PM

I started Megaton Rainfall then GoW came out. It's probably the best game I've played in the last 5 years. So easy to get sidetracked with things to do. Didn't notice any patches Rest Mode handles that.

#5364 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3884 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:35 PM

Your comments would ring true for other games where clearly they had problems, but when a game like God of War is basically getting universal praise, it's hard to criticize it for getting patches, etc. Every game is going to have minor issues that should be addressed after launch. Perhaps photo mode isn't minor to some, but other patches certainly sound that way for this game.

I understand. Having just got my first PS4 Pro, and just completing AC origins recently, I plan to start the DLC for it to get a good base comparison between the launch PS4 and the Pro. Perhaps I will start GoW next as I am excited to play it. I really do want photo mode, and don’t want to 100% the game before its release. I do use that more often in Horizon and AC:O. Knowing that GoW is getting it soon is enough for me to just wait it out. As most other CaGers, I have many other games to play.

#5365 redraid8   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:37 PM

I went to buy a physical copy of Superhot on Amazon UK but my prime membership from my US account isn't working now. Did they change this or am I missing something? It's now telling me to sign up for Prime, I guess through Amazon.uk

#5366 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5879 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:55 PM

I went to buy a physical copy of Superhot on Amazon UK but my prime membership from my US account isn't working now. Did they change this or am I missing something? It's now telling me to sign up for Prime, I guess through Amazon.uk

Prime has never worked on foreign Amazon sites.  Each Amazon entity in each foreign country has their own Prime service that requires a separate subscription.  

#5367 dchrisd   F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3 CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:26 PM

Is the Pro really that important for VR?   Keep reading the Pro is better, but is it just a minor improvement, or is it something like a night and day difference?

Also, how important are the Move controllers?  Wish I would have picked some up when they were cheap, but they're kinda pricey now.  Does it make that much of a difference.

For reference with both of the questions, I"m talking about a casual VR user.  Not someone that would spend much time with it.  Mostly a from time to time type of thing.

#5368 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:36 PM

MLB Home Run Derby VR is out now in the U.S. for $19.99

https://store.playst...LBHRDPSVR201800

#5369 Deadpool   I club baby seals CAGiversary!   2387 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:17 PM

Is the Pro really that important for VR?   Keep reading the Pro is better, but is it just a minor improvement, or is it something like a night and day difference?

Also, how important are the Move controllers?  Wish I would have picked some up when they were cheap, but they're kinda pricey now.  Does it make that much of a difference.

For reference with both of the questions, I"m talking about a casual VR user.  Not someone that would spend much time with it.  Mostly a from time to time type of thing.

I plam on a PS4 slim and VR works great. I can't say about any performance increase, but i don't really see where much of one would comi in except for maybe load times. 

As for the Move controllers. Yes, they are pretty much a necessity to play half the games. 

#5370 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2671 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:23 PM

I mean, there is a difference, but probably not one to a casual VR user:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playstation VR