* * * * - 12 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#5341 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66769 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted Yesterday, 10:31 PM

Do you need a lot of room (large play area) for Superhot VR? I bought Holoball a long time ago and didn't get to enjoy it due to my limited space. I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Yeah, you have to be able to walk around a bit to pick up weapons or dodge bullets.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#5342 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted Yesterday, 10:34 PM

Damn, I guess that's out then.  Thanks just the same.

Maybe I'll go with Accounting+ and the Carnival Games add-on.

#5343 xraytd  

Posted Yesterday, 10:57 PM

Do you need a lot of room (large play area) for Superhot VR? I bought Holoball a long time ago and didn't get to enjoy it due to my limited space. I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

My nephew literally punched his TV and cracked the screen while playing Superhot VR, so I'd say "Yes" you would want a lot of room for this game.  

#5344 yuyak   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:37 PM

I haven't gotten *that* far in the game, but I'd say "one step" in each direction is about the space you need, from my experience. It's an awesome game though. 

#5345 dschroll  

Posted Today, 12:26 AM

Is accounting or carnival games worth it? I definitely will get super hot.

#5346 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3323 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:50 AM

Accounting + is an alright absurdist comedy game that lasts an hour but you would play for an additional hour to plat if that's your thing. It has the funniest, smartest, trophy in the history of PS trophies and is funnier than the anything else the game has to say.

Carnival games is the Wii Sports of VR since its a bunch of familiar games that you play intuitively using the move controllers. It works as advertised which is a complement considering it has a decent variety of games. Production is solid and inoffensive but nothing special.

#5347 dschroll  

Posted Today, 03:04 AM

Accounting + is an alright absurdist comedy game that lasts an hour but you would play for an additional hour to plat if that's your thing. It has the funniest, smartest, trophy in the history of PS trophies and is funnier than the anything else the game has to say.

Carnival games is the Wii Sports of VR since its a bunch of familiar games that you play intuitively using the move controllers. It works as advertised which is a complement considering it has a decent variety of games. Production is solid and inoffensive but nothing special.

Thank you.  I think I'll just stick with Superhot then.  

#5348 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66769 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted Today, 03:11 AM

Both are really good depending on what you're interested in.

Carnival Games VR is great as a showcase for the variety of styles of actions you can do in VR and does a very good job of making fun carnival games out of most of them. A few of the games are stinkers, but most are very good and are a lot better than you'd expect from the series' reputation. It's a fun experience and they have a lot of unlockables to play around with in a physics playground area.

Accounting+ is a great comedic physics adventure game, especially if you're into the Rick & Morty style of rambling, vulgar humor that the series has in it. It's not a super long game, but there's a good bit to mess around with in each area.

I've got videos for each game if you want to see them in action:

Spoiler

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#5349 cleaver   You have 0 friends CAGiversary!   3575 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:11 AM

Thank you. I think I'll just stick with Superhot then.

Rez is great and I’ve heard good things about GNOG
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.

#5350 Lonely Boy  

Posted Today, 05:20 AM

I've never really been interested in it, but the "Wii Sports of VR" sounds intriguing. I always thought that was VR Worlds for some reason.

I'll wait till it drops back down to $5, though, especially if I want to buy the DLC.

#5351 Ryan_gf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:50 PM

I played Accounting+ this last weekend and had a blast, it was hilarious and simple enough to serve as a great "This is what VR can do" piece to show friends. Especially those who usually don't game.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playstation VR