* * * * - 12 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#5461 Metal Militia   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   618 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Metal Militia

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:49 PM

Is $15.99 the cheapest Arizona Sunshine has been?

#5462 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   924 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:32 PM

Is $15.99 the cheapest Arizona Sunshine has been?

It’s the cheapest it’s been, with the exception of it was once $15.99 while there was a 20% coupon from the farcry 5 live.playstation thing, making it $12.79 for me after coupon

#5463 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   790 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:32 AM

I played Gunjack a bit after watching Predator in 3D. It's a little odd for the VR experience to have the entire cockpit move with your head movement, but it makes it very easy to aim around a 180 degree area. It seems like a solid game that is worth it's $2.00 sale price. Even it's regular $5.00 price is pretty good.

When I started Predator I didn't seem to have the drifting problem. I then started going back and forth between the movie and the dashboard to change the picture size. I wanted to see which size looks better; I like large best. I then got the drifting problem. I took off my headset to go to the bathroom, and when I came back the drifting was gone. I had left the screen on the movie on pause. If you have drifting maybe leaving the video on pause and taking the headset off for a bit will help.

#5464 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67649 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:58 PM

https://blog.us.play...le-mode-june-7/

Rec Room is getting a Rec Royale mode on 6/7 with up to 16 players in a national park map:

Rec Royale launches on Thursday, June 7 and will pit 16 players against each other in the wilds of a national park. The landscape holds summer camps, mountains, forests, outposts, ravines, lakes, and tons of loot for scavenging. To hold all of that loot we’ve added a new backpack system for quick swapping and storing multiple weapons and power-ups. Like all Rec Room activities, it will be cross platform and free. Players logging in with PlayStation Plus will receive an exclusive paintball burst rifle skin, but Rec Room does not require PlayStation Plus.

If you’d like an early peek at Rec Royale there will be a public alpha test for players with a registered Rec Room account from Friday May 25 to Sunday May 27. We would love to hear your feedback during this public testing phase via the Rec Room subreddit and Discord server.

https://blog.us.play...ailable-on-ps4/

There will be a demo for the Wipeout Omega Collection tomorrow to let you try out the VR mode.

https://blog.us.play...eams-no-really/

Justin Massongill wrote up impressions of Dreams, which is Media Molecule's new game. It'll have PSVR support for creation, though it wasn't a part of the demo he played.

#5465 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   399 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:45 PM

Did anyone play Obduction yet in VR?  I was a huge Myst fan back in the day but I was really too young to solve any of the puzzles back then, but I still loved the world.  I'm curious how Obduction is in VR.

#5466 simpsonps121  

simpsonps121

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:10 PM

Wipeout VR may be the best looking VR game I have played...  Incredible.  (Better then Star Wars, Batman, FarPoint etc.)  

A lot of fun too!!

#5467 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3473 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:04 PM

Did anyone play Obduction yet in VR?  I was a huge Myst fan back in the day but I was really too young to solve any of the puzzles back then, but I still loved the world.  I'm curious how Obduction is in VR.

Not good. It's a pretty big effort so they killed the resolution and added loading to the open world. It's a fully featured AA game which is in short supply but I'd say you would need to measure your desire against a pretty mediocre VR implementation.

#5468 mrliquid   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   206 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:49 PM

I have not tried it in VR, but the game is awesome in non-vr mode. If you liked Myst, you will like Obduction. The world and story are both very intriguing. I would says its worth a purchase even if you never play it in VR.

#5469 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67649 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:06 AM

The new deals for today:

Knockout League - $20.09 - 33% Off - $17.09 - 43% Off - Ends 6/5

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration - $23.99 - 60% Off - $17.99 - 70% Off - Ends 5/29

New Releases:

One Piece Grand Cruise - $9.99

Star Trek: Bridge Crew - The Next Generation - $14.99

Star Trek: Bridge Crew The Next Generation Bundle - $49.99

Wipeout Omega Collection Demo

#5470 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67649 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:21 PM

https://blog.us.play...playstation-vr/

Astro Bot: Rescue Mission is coming to PSVR as a follow up to The Playroom VR game.

https://blog.us.play...ocky-character/

There is a Creed: Rise to Glory game coming to PSVR from the Sprint Vector team.

#5471 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67649 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:14 PM

There's a new demo today:

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner Mars Demo

#5472 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67649 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:48 PM

#5473 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   777 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:50 PM

PS+ prices valid till 6/5:

Discovery $8.99
Sparc $14.99
StarDrone $4.79

Several new PSVR releases this week. Coupled with the 20% off code, I might take a chance.

To the Top $19.99
Wraith $9.99

Maybe Along Together can be the new Moss???  :roll:

#5474 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:12 PM

It really irks me how Sony keeps having these PS Plus-only sales.  There are a number of games on that list that I would buy right now if they were on sale for everyone, but I guess Sony doesn't want my money.

I may not be a Plus subscriber, but I'm still a valuable Sony customer who has invested a lot of money in them.  If they want to give Plus members extra discounts, that makes sense.  But to exclude people from your sales is just plain stupid.  I absolutely refuse to give into these cheap tactics in an attempt to get people to pay for Plus.

Next generation, I may just go with Xbox.

#5475 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   777 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:55 PM

But Xbox doesn't support VR...

#5476 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:03 PM

But Xbox doesn't support VR...

I've heard things...I've heard things.

#5477 cleaver   You have 0 friends CAGiversary!   3597 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:16 PM

I need to be convinced not to skip MS entirely next gen.

#5478 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3133 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:49 PM

It really irks me how Sony keeps having these PS Plus-only sales.  There are a number of games on that list that I would buy right now if they were on sale for everyone, but I guess Sony doesn't want my money.

I may not be a Plus subscriber, but I'm still a valuable Sony customer who has invested a lot of money in them.  If they want to give Plus members extra discounts, that makes sense.  But to exclude people from your sales is just plain stupid.  I absolutely refuse to give into these cheap tactics in an attempt to get people to pay for Plus.

If you dislike this practice isn't Xbox worse?

#5479 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67649 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:10 AM

Here are the new deals for today:

Along Together - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 6/12

Apex Construct - $22.49 - 25% Off - Ends 6/5

Arizona Sunshine - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/5

ATV Drift & Tricks - $12.49 - 50% Off - Ends 6/5
Batman: Arkham VR - $13.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 6/5
Blasters of the Universe - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 6/5
Discovery - $8.99 - 25% Off - Ends 6/5
Don’t Knock Twice - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/5
Eve: Valkyrie Warzone - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/5
The Invisible Hours - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/5
Light Tracer - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 6/5
Out of Ammo - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 6/5
Pirate Flight - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 6/12
Radial-G: Racing Revolved - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 6/5
RollerCoaster Legends - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 6/5
Sparc - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/5
StarDrone - $4.79 - 40% Off - Ends 6/5
VRFC Virtual Reality Football Club - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 6/5

New Releases:

To The Top - $19.99

Wraith VR - $9.99

#5480 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:30 AM

If you dislike this practice isn't Xbox worse?

I honestly don't know.  Is it worse?  I don't see how it could be.

#5481 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1884 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:35 AM

I honestly don't know.  Is it worse?  I don't see how it could be.

Xbox does the same thing.

It's just one of the "perks" they tout to get people to go Gold, or stay Gold.

And how much you wanna bet when N has their online service in the fall.. they will have subscriber only sales/deals.

#5482 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   790 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:41 AM

Man, Arkham VR sure is stubborn with going 40% off. I suppose I'll finally get it now that I also have a 20% off code that will make it 52% off. Since it has Arkham in the title does it's story tie in to the other Arkham games? I have Asylum, City, and Knight in my backlog.

And I'll get Arizona Sunshine. I hope to get an Aim controller during the Days of Play sale. Four Gamestops near me have some in stock.

#5483 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1884 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:48 AM

Make sure you research Batman VR before you buy. (Has to be a spoiler free youtube video out there)

More of a detective game, still great for what it is.. but it's not an action game in VR.

I want to say the physical version was $10? a few times, I kind of remember me grabbing it from BB under or right at $10.

It's a damn good experience for what it is.

#5484 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   777 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:56 AM

Man, Arkham VR sure is stubborn with going 40% off. I suppose I'll finally get it now that I also have a 20% off code that will make it 52% off. Since it has Arkham in the title does it's story tie in to the other Arkham games? I have Asylum, City, and Knight in my backlog.

Storywise, it’s a prequel to Arkham Knight, but you don’t really have to know anything about the other games to enjoy it.

#5485 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   790 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:49 AM

Thanks for the Arkham VR replies. Yeah, I heard it's more Batman being a detective than fighting. That doesn't put me off. And I almost always see it make the lists of must-play PSVR games.

I think I have most must-haves. I'm missing Farpoint, but I plan on getting it for $15 during that Days of Play sale. I'll get it digital if PSN has the same price. If it doesn't my Gamestops with the Aim controllers also have it.

#5486 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67649 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:58 AM

https://blog.us.play...-days-of-deals/

PSVR bundles will be $199.99 and $249.99 starting on 6/8.

Hardware and peripheral discounts throughout the 11 days include (all prices MSRP):
  • PlayStation VR bundles – starting at $199.99 USD / $249.99 CDN
  • PlayStation Move motion controller (2 pack) – $79.99 USD / $99.99 CDN
  • PlayStation VR Aim controller (US only) – $49.99 USD
  • Catalog titles – check with your local retailer

We’ll have great deals on some of our biggest PS4 and PS VR titles, as well:

• Gran Turismo Sport: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN
  • Bravo Team (PS VR): $29.99 USD / $39.99 CDN
  • Farpoint (PS VR): $14.99 USD/ $19.99 CDN
  • The Inpatient (PS VR): $14.99 USD / $19.99 CDN

What’s more, PlayStation Store will be offering promotions on popular games and network service memberships starting June 8 as well. Here are the offerings:

• PlayStation Plus – $49.99 USD / $59.99 CDN for a 12-Month PS Plus membership (terms & conditions here)
  • PlayStation Vue (available in the US only) – $10 USD per month off the Core plan standard price for the first two months ($44.99 USD per month thereafter) – learn more
  • PlayStation Store catalog titles

#5487 DurbanBrown   to the MOON CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

DurbanBrown

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:37 PM

as a ps+ subscriber, I would be kinda upset if there wasn't special deals for us honestly

#5488 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:03 PM

There are special deals.  PS+ members usually get deeper discounts on games that are on sale.  But lately, there have been a lot of PS Plus-Only sales which I don't agree with.

#5489 mrliquid   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   206 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:09 AM

Is this a joke post? You are not a paying member and you are angry about not being included in members-only sales? 

Not a single person buys PS Plus for the discounts lol, they buy it for online play and maybe the games you get with it every month. These sales are simply perks that go a long with being a member, just like any membership perk from any membership in the history of memberships. It's like a VIP room. You cough up the money, you get the special treatment. This is like literally the most basic concept of what a paid membership is, and I can't believe I even having to explain this to you. I cannot wrap my head around your complaint, you come off so entitled.

Paid Membership clubs = Members get things that non-paying people do not get. 

#5490 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:19 AM

Is this a joke post? You are not a paying member and you are angry about not being included in members-only sales? 

Not a single person buys PS Plus for the discounts lol, they buy it for online play and maybe the games you get with it every month. These sales are simply perks that go a long with being a member, just like any membership perk from any membership in the history of memberships. It's like a VIP room. You cough up the money, you get the special treatment. This is like literally the most basic concept of what a paid membership is, and I can't believe I even having to explain this to you. I cannot wrap my head around your complaint, you come off so entitled.

Paid Membership clubs = Members get things that non-paying people do not get. 

I'm not angry about not being included in member-only sales.  I'm bothered by the fact that companies, such as Sony and Amazon, use these cheap ploys in an attempt to get people to sign up for their paid service option.  I am not a member, and the fact that they do this makes me want to become a member even less.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playstation VR