* * * * - 12 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#5551 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8209 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:00 AM

anyone have experience with the VR Playroom game? i cant figure out how to play games on it. starts out with the claw machine and I cant use the claw machine because it says I need coins that I win from playing games.............but I cnt seem to find out where the games are. I know I must be overlooking something. First day with the VR,

#5552 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   777 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:08 AM

anyone have experience with the VR Playroom game? i cant figure out how to play games on it. starts out with the claw machine and I cant use the claw machine because it says I need coins that I win from playing games.............but I cnt seem to find out where the games are. I know I must be overlooking something. First day with the VR,

The Playroom was probably the second PSVR game I played (back in December), so I'm scratching my head trying to remember. As I recall, you had to look around the main room (not the claw machine) in order to highlight the different minigames with your headset and then select them. I'm not sure if Move controllers are required for that. If I still had it installed, I'd check it for you right now.

#5553 MaximusDM   What is a man!? CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:15 AM

There were a couple games added that you have to download but I think you exit by pushing on the touchpad. Its strange that it STARTS you in the claw machine. I don't think I've ever had that happen. In the main hub you look around to select the game and then you once again have to confirm by holding X.

#5554 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:56 PM

Rick & Morty: Virtual Rick-ality Collector's Edition at Amazon is at $29.53 currently, but has been steadily dropping in price for the past week.

I pricematched at Best Buy earlier this morning. How low can it go?

https://www.amazon.c...duct/B079TH4GH6

Down to $28.24, might be down to $25 in a few days at this rate.

#5555 spoonTRex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

spoonTRex

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:47 PM

My order of Moss shipped from Amazon. I was charged the full $30. I spent time on the phone with a customer service rep last night, and he escalated the case to the promotions team. This morning I got an email saying I’ll get a refund of $5.99 in 3-5 days.

For anyone else with the same issue.

#5556 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67653 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:35 PM

https://blog.us.play...oming-to-ps-vr/

Beat Saber is coming to PSVR:

#5557 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1891 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:38 PM

I hate any and all "beat" or music games... but I may have to change my mind on that one.

#5558 MrSloth56   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

MrSloth56

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:38 PM

I swear it had already been announced as coming to PSVR

#5559 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   936 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:46 PM

The moment I saw the blog post say that it featured "original music", I lost all interest. The reason I love Rock Band is because nine out of ten times, I know the song and love the music genre.  I couldn't get into Thumper because I hated the music.  I can easily see this following suit.

#5560 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   925 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:55 PM

Whoa! I want Beat Saber. It looks like Thumper and Fruit Ninja had a baby, and that baby was a dual wielding Jedi

#5561 phoenixlau   backlogged CAGiversary!   450 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:18 PM

The moment I saw the blog post say that it featured "original music", I lost all interest. The reason I love Rock Band is because nine out of ten times, I know the song and love the music genre.  I couldn't get into Thumper because I hated the music.  I can easily see this following suit.

If you like electronic, the Beat Saber soundtrack is fantastic.  If you don't like that genre at all, that sounds more like a "you" problem and has nothing to do with whether the tracks are "original music" or licensed.

The soundtrack: https://www.youtube....sKcvJFc3pH5TK1h

#5562 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1891 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:26 PM

If you like electronic, the Beat Saber soundtrack is fantastic.  If you don't like that genre at all, that sounds more like a "you" problem and has nothing to do with whether the tracks are "original music" or licensed.

The soundtrack: https://www.youtube....sKcvJFc3pH5TK1h

I'm with Kain.

The game may be fun, but the music will annoy the piss out of me.

First thing I do when I play *any* game... go to settings and turn music off. Nintendo games, I tend to MUTE the damn game cause most of the time you are forced to hear that crap.

I do not listen to certain genres of music, I listen to the SONG I like. And only listen to any music when I need to pass the time doing something else (like at work) as soon as I get out of my truck at home... music does not exist until work the next day. 

#5563 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67653 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:38 PM

I'm with Kain.

The game may be fun, but the music will annoy the piss out of me.

First thing I do when I play *any* game... go to settings and turn music off. Nintendo games, I tend to MUTE the damn game cause most of the time you are forced to hear that crap.

I do not listen to certain genres of music, I listen to the SONG I like. And only listen to any music when I need to pass the time doing something else (like at work) as soon as I get out of my truck at home... music does not exist until work the next day. 

Why would you buy a rhythm game if you don't like music?

#5564 Doubletriplekill   Pepridge Farm Members CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Doubletriplekill

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:42 PM

I'm with Kain.
The game may be fun, but the music will annoy the piss out of me. "And you know how I hear new "Songs" that I like or even heard any music at all in my entire life since I only listen to music that doesnt exist until I already like it? Dreams. All music comes from my dreams."

I do not listen to certain genres of music, I listen to the SONG I like. And only listen to any music when I need to pass the time doing something else (like at work) as soon as I get out of my truck at home... music does not exist until work the next day. And if you guys are nice I will allow music tomorrow. depends how I feel. Maybe I like xylophone tomorrow.

#5565 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1891 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:17 PM

Why would you buy a rhythm game if you don't like music?

Reading comprehension.... 

Maybe try reading my first post, then this post.

#5566 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1891 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:36 PM

I'm with Kain.
The game may be fun, but the music will annoy the piss out of me. "And you know how I hear new "Songs" that I like or even heard any music at all in my entire life since I only listen to music that doesnt exist until I already like it? Dreams. All music comes from my dreams."

I do not listen to certain genres of music, I listen to the SONG I like. And only listen to any music when I need to pass the time doing something else (like at work) as soon as I get out of my truck at home... music does not exist until work the next day. And if you guys are nice I will allow music tomorrow. depends how I feel. Maybe I like xylophone tomorrow.

here... helped others be able to read your post.... hint, you type outside of the box of the person you are quoting...

First part, I have XM in my truck. I'll give new stuff a chance... after about 30 seconds i know if i like it or it's garbage. (Most is recycled garbage)

2nd part, WTF does me not listening to music have anything to do with what ANYONE else listens to?

And if you want to know. Metal, Thrash, older Hard Rock, Some Blues, some Country. Outside that, hard pass.

#5567 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67653 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:54 PM

Reading comprehension.... 

Maybe try reading my first post, then this post.

It still doesn't make sense. What about this is different? You're just ranting about how much you hate music in games and rhythm games in general.

Also, maybe be less of a dick when you're ranting about music and rhythm games.

#5568 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1891 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:59 PM

Maybe the swinging of the move controllers like light sabers?........  :roll:

Maybe if people would actually read.... i wouldn't have to call them out. (this is not your first time you misread my posts, remember you quoted ME saying something that someone else actually said..... and you attacked me.....)

#5569 Doubletriplekill   Pepridge Farm Members CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Doubletriplekill

Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:04 PM

I just want music to exist even on days you don't work.

#5570 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67653 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:01 AM

Maybe the swinging of the move controllers like light sabers?........  :roll:

Maybe if people would actually read.... i wouldn't have to call them out. (this is not your first time you misread my posts, remember you quoted ME saying something that someone else actually said..... and you attacked me.....)

I wasn't attacking you. I asked a question. I'm sorry that's too much for you.

#5571 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1891 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:11 AM

I wasn't attacking you. I asked a question. I'm sorry that's too much for you.

Again, read what I said...... I was talking about a PREVIOUS time you quoted me and proceeded to bash ME for what someone else said. (cause you didn't actually read what was posted, thus your confusion)

#5572 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67653 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:37 AM

https://bethesda.net...revealed-at-be3

They don't specify platforms, but Bethesda announced Prey: Typhon Hunter VR (multiplayer prop hunt) and Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot. Prey will be available standalone or free with the Mooncrash expansion or Digital Deluxe edition. Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot is out in 2019 and is standalone.

This also seems to be coming to VR, as well:

#5573 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   790 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:15 PM

The Mooncrash dlc for Prey is up for purchase on PSN. Not only does it not say it has some kind of PSVR support, it doesn't say anything about Typhon Hunter or the puzzle solving mode coming later. It could be an oversight, but I'll hold off on buying Mooncrash until either the PSN listing says it includes those two modes, or until after those modes are released on PS4.

#5574 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67653 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:35 PM

The Mooncrash dlc for Prey is up for purchase on PSN. Not only does it not say it has some kind of PSVR support, it doesn't say anything about Typhon Hunter or the puzzle solving mode coming later. It could be an oversight, but I'll hold off on buying Mooncrash until either the PSN listing says it includes those two modes, or until after those modes are released on PS4.

From the announcement above:

"Typhon Hunter will be available later this summer as part of the Mooncrash DLC or in the Prey: Digital Deluxe."

#5575 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   790 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:55 PM

From the announcement above:

"Typhon Hunter will be available later this summer as part of the Mooncrash DLC or in the Prey: Digital Deluxe."

Yeah, I noted Typhon Hunter the puzzle mode are coming later. But there doesn't seem to be any word on if PSVR is getting them in VR. The PSN page doesn't mention PSVR compatibility, or even mention the two modes.

It's hard to imagine the PS4 version won't at least get the two modes without VR, but I'll hold off buying the dlc until it's certain they are. That would be after a better PSN description is put up, or after they are released. It's just good practice. If a listing doesn't say I'll get something with my purchase I don't assume I'll get it.

#5576 Fades   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   309 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:47 PM

Rick & Morty VR for PS4 $20 at Amazon.

#5577 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67653 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:13 PM

https://news.ubisoft...a-deranged-mind

Transference is coming to PSVR this Fall. It's also playable without PSVR.

#5578 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3474 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:19 PM

https://bethesda.net...revealed-at-be3

They don't specify platforms, but Bethesda announced Prey: Typhon Hunter VR (multiplayer prop hunt) and Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot. Prey will be available standalone or free with the Mooncrash expansion or Digital Deluxe edition. Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot is out in 2019 and is standalone.

This also seems to be coming to VR, as well:

Reddit found pretty solid evidence Wolfenstein is getting a physical release for PSVR which says a lot about their expectations for it. Word is Elder Scrolls will support Oculus Go which also bodes well for PSVR.

#5579 ItalianHammerUS   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

ItalianHammerUS

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:55 PM

I just bought a psvr for $250 the skirym bundle I am hesitant to open it because I am not sure it is worth it. You guys that own the system are you enjoying it? Should I keep it or return it? Thanks for your help

#5580 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67653 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:30 AM

New stuff from the press conference:

Trover Saves the Universe (Squanch Games, Accounting+):

Deracine (From Software):

PSVR Montage:

Trover Saves the Universe

Tetris Effect

Moss

Ghost Giant

Beat Saber

Firewall Zero Hour