* * * * - 13 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#5971 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   707 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2018 - 05:10 PM

I used to think VR was a gimmick myself until I tried it, then I was pretty much blown away.  Then a couple weeks later I bought V2 PSVR when it first came out and now I have probably 10 or 12 games on PSVR that are great experiences, some of them being my favorite games of all time.  It's definitely not a gimmick in my eyes when there are that many games that are great experiences on it.  

I wish we had more games like Statik, that game was a unique experience that I wanted more of.

#5972 erikjo  

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:30 AM

I can't find astro bot physical anywhere near me. This is crazy. Do you think it will be in stock physically at best buy soon or should I pay full price on amazon..

#5973 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   707 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2018 - 11:25 AM

I noticed yesterday that Astro Bot wasn't at any GameStops like around my work, but they were at the ones near my house and to the east.  Then I also saw that only some Best Buy's had it and not the ones that were right around me.  The Walmart I got mine at didn't have them out on the shelf but I asked a guy if they had it and he was like "is it a VR game?" and I told him yeah so he checked in the back then came out with the box.  So he had seen it there.  I do wonder if there was some kind of shipping issue with this game or something. 

I unfortunately did not get a chance to play it last night though so I can't give any input about the game yet.

#5974 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2485 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:03 PM

Only one Best Buy out of like 5 in my entire town got copies of Astrobot in stock, I would have had to drive to San Antonio about 50 miles away to do a store pickup if that one had not gotten them. Don't know why the distribution to stores was so low but hopefully we don't have another job simulator situation on our hands.  

#5975 rishiraja   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   227 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2018 - 08:21 PM

Thanks for the heads up I just ordered the last one near me for in store pickup. Now they are all gone.

#5976 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:12 PM

Gonna wait a bit before picking up Astro Bot on disc.  Practically every PSVR game that gets a physical release ends up going on clearance within a few months.  I don't know what that says about PSVR, but it seems like waiting is the right move.

#5977 Jurai  

Posted 04 October 2018 - 11:03 PM

Gonna wait a bit before picking up Astro Bot on disc.  Practically every PSVR game that gets a physical release ends up going on clearance within a few months.  I don't know what that says about PSVR, but it seems like waiting is the right move.

you're gonna regret that when Astro Bot goes OOP and new sealed copies sell for $450 on ebay

#5978 fishface45   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   191 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2018 - 11:22 PM

Astro Bot is the new must own title on VR. Absolutely love this game to pieces.

#5979 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 05 October 2018 - 12:48 AM

you're gonna regret that when Astro Bot goes OOP and new sealed copies sell for $450 on ebay

Meh...if that happens, I can always just buy the digital version which will eventually go on sale as well.

#5980 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70105 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 05 October 2018 - 01:14 AM

#5981 c3r1h5   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   115 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2018 - 01:16 AM

Due to all of the comments, I just purchased Astro bot for store pick up. I was trying to wait until BF.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#5982 erikjo  

Posted 05 October 2018 - 02:26 AM

Thanks everyone. I would have to drive 2 hours round trip to bestbuy to get it in traffic. Ended up ordering on amazon instead.

#5983 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   707 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2018 - 02:54 AM

Yeah Astro Bot is pretty sweet.  I only played the first 2 levels but damn that game has so much charm and polish to it.  I do wish you could move "back" and not just forward, but I bet that was by design and they do that so if you miss stuff you can't just stay on the same level looking around everywhere.  

I hadn't played PSVR in like 2 months and damn I forgot how hot it gets lol.

#5984 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1060 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 05 October 2018 - 03:47 AM

Target.com has astro bot rescue mission in stock, but not in stores apparently.

https://www.target.c...-4/-/A-53822290

Walmart.com has it as well and most stores appear to have 2 copies available.

https://www.walmart....20900/894311765

Scarcity may be due to it being included in the new psvr bundle.

#5985 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4425 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2018 - 01:08 PM

I went ahead and ordered a copy for pick-up at Best Buy. I don't know if it will get too much cheaper with how well it is doing critically and it's already pretty cheap. I had the same feelings about Zone of the Enders and picked it up right away too.  Astro Bot has me excited to play my PSVR again. I also need to pick up that Firewall Zero Hour game, but that one I can wait for a drop in price at this point. 

#5986 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2669 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2018 - 04:51 PM

Astro Bot is a first party game though. When have those ever been hard to find? Sony always seems to trickle out 2 copies for launch and then send 5-6 more to whatever stores sold out.

#5987 spoonTRex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

spoonTRex

Posted 05 October 2018 - 06:10 PM

Astro Bot is a first party game though. When have those ever been hard to find? Sony always seems to trickle out 2 copies for launch and then send 5-6 more to whatever stores sold out.

Gravity Rush Remastered?

#5988 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2669 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2018 - 06:24 PM

That was a store exclusive though and was available for a long time before becoming scarce.

#5989 spoonTRex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

spoonTRex

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:15 PM

That was a store exclusive though and was available for a long time before becoming scarce.

Hey, you asked, I answered. You don't get to set additional rules afterwards just to win. ;)

#5990 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13117 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:04 AM

Wasn't Job Simulator Sony first party?

#5991 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70105 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:06 AM

Wasn't Job Simulator Sony first party?

No. It's an indie game.

#5992 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13117 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:15 AM

No. It's an indie game.

I guess Amazon has lied to me again then.

https://www.amazon.c...s=job simulator

jobsim.JPG

#5993 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1190 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:28 AM

I guess Amazon has lied to me again then.

https://www.amazon.c...s=job simulator

jobsim.JPG

Yeah, not so much “by” Sony as “for” Sony. It was developed and published by Owlchemy Labs

#5994 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13117 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:38 AM

Yeah, not so much “by” Sony as “for” Sony. It was developed and published by Owlchemy Labs

Yeah, looks like just a mistake on Amazon's part then.

For example, Eagle Flight is "By" Ubisoft:

eagleflight.JPG

And Loading Human is "By" Maximum Games:

loadinghuman.JPG

I also remember when Best Buy had those Sony-published VR titles on sale for $9.99 a year or two ago, Job Simulator was included with them, and I believe it was the only 3rd party title that was so that's likely why I associated Job Simulator with being published by Sony.

#5995 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4425 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2018 - 03:48 AM

Not to mention it's bundled with the VR right now. I got the last copy at my Best Buy, but they will probably get more in.

#5996 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3100 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 08 October 2018 - 01:59 AM

Just a quick public service reminder:

When the PSVR tells you to make sure the area is clear... triple check.

Playing Creed rise to glory, and I uppercutted a chair. nice 2" gash in my finger  :shock:

Good game so far, perfect genre for a VR game. And yeah.. it can get your heart-rate up also lol.

#5997 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1190 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:08 AM

Just a quick public service reminder:
When the PSVR tells you to make sure the area is clear... triple check.

Playing Creed rise to glory, and I uppercutted a chair. nice 2" gash in my finger :shock:
Good game so far, perfect genre for a VR game. And yeah.. it can get your heart-rate up also lol.

Is it weird that this post made me want the game even more?

#5998 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   707 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:21 AM

Creed sounds like it could be a good time, but my problem with physical games like that is the PSVR already makes me hot as it is, so doing exercise while playing it just seems like it would quickly get uncomfortable.  I'd like to try a demo of it though that would be cool.  

On the Astro Bot note, I just played the beach level (2-2) and damn, it gave me vibes of going underwater in Mario 64 for the first time.  It's really damn cool.

#5999 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3100 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 08 October 2018 - 03:00 AM

Creed sounds like it could be a good time, but my problem with physical games like that is the PSVR already makes me hot as it is, so doing exercise while playing it just seems like it would quickly get uncomfortable.  I'd like to try a demo of it though that would be cool.  

On the Astro Bot note, I just played the beach level (2-2) and damn, it gave me vibes of going underwater in Mario 64 for the first time.  It's really damn cool.

I figure i'd only play 2-3 fights anyway, after the first fight i decided that lol.

It's funny when you knock the opponent down and you lean over yourself and beg the guy to just stay down.. This is the only VR title that has made me get a little hot like you said, my headset fogged up a few times. Probably because this is the most movement i've ever done in a VR game.. Dodge/block/punch rinse/repeat, all in about 2 seconds or less.   :boxing:

and then swing arms when you get knocked down. It does take advantage of all the movement of PSVR thats for sure.

Game plays good, but the fighters appear just a tad closer than they need to be and the stamina system needs work.. 3-4 punches and you are depleted and need to recharge. I get it but it needs to deplete slower.

#6000 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4643 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2018 - 03:38 AM

How? It's a free game. I can't see it having any value.