* * * * - 13 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#6691 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:43 PM

You are correct. First playthrough not knowing puzzles was 4 hours. Second was 1h7m.

Does the timer count cutscenes and the book or just actual playtime?

Pretty misleading to imply the game takes an hour to play through then, as if someone coming into it cold would just whiz through it.

#6692 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   708 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:51 PM

So you played a "tech demo" for over 5 hours and beat it not once but twice and basically claim "it is not worth it".

Okay....

At least you admit it is a fun game and great at story telling.  But it just looks like you are doubling down on stupid.

#6693 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:00 PM

You are correct. First playthrough not knowing puzzles was 4 hours. Second was 1h7m.

Just because you can speedrun through a game in 1 hour doesn't make it an hour long game. 4-5 hours is about the time it took me to beat it too. That's above average when it comes to VR content. Whether you call it a game or simply an "experience," it's still one of the best the PSVR has to offer as of right now.

#6694 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4643 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:05 PM

Just because you can speedrun through a game in 1 hour doesn't make it an hour long game. 4-5 hours is about the time it took me to beat it too. That's above average when it comes to VR content. Whether you call it a game or simply an "experience," it's still one of the best the PSVR has to offer as of right now.

I agee with you there. I feel that it absolutely isn’t worth $30 on disc, it should be $10 max.

#6695 bobaroo2  

Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:08 PM

Thats what I hated about farcry 4, it can be beat in 15 minutes, a $60 game at launch can be beat in 15 minutes, what a rip off

#6696 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4643 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2018 - 04:53 PM

Thats what I hated about farcry 4, it can be beat in 15 minutes, a $60 game at launch can be beat in 15 minutes, what a rip off

I see what you did there.

It’s funny don’t get be wrong though not the same. You didn’t ‘beat’ the game, it was a secret ending.

#6697 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 28 December 2018 - 06:43 PM

Super Mario 64 can be beaten in less than 7 minutes. Talk about a tech demo!

#6698 yuyak   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2018 - 07:46 PM

"Colonel Mustard has accused correctly"

#6699 andycandy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2018 - 06:34 AM

Seems like tetris effect is sold out at Amazon and best buy

#6700 Jurai  

Posted 29 December 2018 - 06:35 AM

Seems like tetris effect is sold out at Amazon and best buy

Amazon had it marked to match GameStop at 19.99 and sold out

#6701 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4643 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2018 - 02:46 PM

So you can 100% the game in 7 minutes? Moss can be 100% in under two hours if you go for the platinum trophy.

#6702 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   708 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2018 - 02:59 PM

So you can 100% the game in 7 minutes? Moss can be 100% in under two hours if you go for the platinum trophy.

Realistically, no it can't, not without putting hours into it prior. 

Your arguments in general are really stupid I saw you making these kinds of stupid arguments in the PS Classic Target Cartwheel thread too.

#6703 erikjo  

Posted 29 December 2018 - 03:06 PM

Oh well. I cant wait for moss book 2. Hope it is done soon. I sort of agree 30 dollars is a lot for the game, but it is an amazing one. I have spent about $45 on it between buying digital and physical.

#6704 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4643 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2018 - 03:11 PM

Realistically, no it can't, not without putting hours into it prior. 

Your arguments in general are really stupid I saw you making these kinds of stupid arguments in the PS Classic Target Cartwheel thread too.

All I said were facts here. Moss is fun. Moss does look good. And in my opinion too short for $30.

Without prior knowledge of puzzles it’s a four hour game. With knowing the puzzles it’s a one hour game.

#6705 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4643 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2018 - 03:16 PM

Oh well. I cant wait for moss book 2. Hope it is done soon. I sort of agree 30 dollars is a lot for the game, but it is an amazing one. I have spent about $45 on it between buying digital and physical.

I’d definitely play book 2. Has it been confirmed it’s in the works?

Moss is back in stock on amazon for MSRP. See this is why I won’t support this game. It’s shady to be in and out of stock, then pulled from most retailers (Best Buy, target, Walmart, GameStop). Amazon is in and out of stock daily, and at MSRP. Almost a year after release it should never be MSRP when games that are much better reviewed such as Astrobot have had good holiday sales.

#6706 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3103 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 29 December 2018 - 03:21 PM

All I said were facts here. Moss is fun. Moss does look good. And in my opinion too short for $30.

Without prior knowledge of puzzles it’s a four hour game. With knowing the puzzles it’s a one hour game.

So.... its a 4 hour game.
Rest of your comments are irrelevant.

Diablo 3 can be beaten in about 50 minutes. (Story, achievement for it) just ignore the fact you need 4 players decently geared at 70 and all have to work together by certain people going to town at certain times and all 4 being together at others.. beyond that Diablo 3 can be beaten in under an hour also.

Just say you thought it was shorter than you liked.

#6707 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 29 December 2018 - 03:31 PM

Moss is back in stock on amazon for MSRP. See this is why I won’t support this game. It’s shady to be in and out of stock, then pulled from most retailers (Best Buy, target, Walmart, GameStop). Amazon is in and out of stock daily, and at MSRP. Almost a year after release it should never be MSRP when games that are much better reviewed such as Astrobot have had good holiday sales.

Why should it be below MSRP if it’s selling well at MSRP? Try reading up on supply and demand and price elasticity.

#6708 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4643 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2018 - 05:05 PM

So.... its a 4 hour game.
Rest of your comments are irrelevant.
Diablo 3 can be beaten in about 50 minutes. (Story, achievement for it) just ignore the fact you need 4 players decently geared at 70 and all have to work together by certain people going to town at certain times and all 4 being together at others.. beyond that Diablo 3 can be beaten in under an hour also.
Just say you thought it was shorter than you liked.

Your post makes no sense and doesn’t address the issue. You can do every single thing offered in the game in four hours... every collectible, every dust, every part of the story.

With diablo, mario, far cry, any other game you mention, sure a secret ending can be had in minutes or by powerleveling, yet that is not doing everything available and offered in the game.

When I realized it was so short is when I decided to rent in rather than buy it. I always check LGTB to check game lengths.

Why should it be below MSRP if it’s selling well at MSRP? Try reading up on supply and demand and price elasticity.

I’m with ya. I just don’t believe in spending MSRP on a game that is so short with no replayability. It’s a nice and enjoyable one and done.

#6709 weretable   Its the end of the world and I feel fine CAGiversary!   999 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 29 December 2018 - 05:25 PM

You are right this is very shady.  I will contact the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization and get them on this ASAP.  I have no doubt the Sasquatches are involved.  Probably has something to do with the Greys as well.  Sleep with one eye open, Trust No One.  Now that they know that you know, you'll never be safe again.

#6710 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3103 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 29 December 2018 - 05:39 PM

Your post makes no sense and doesn’t address the issue. You can do every single thing offered in the game in four hours... every collectible, every dust, every part of the story.

With diablo, mario, far cry, any other game you mention, sure a secret ending can be had in minutes or by powerleveling, yet that is not doing everything available and offered in the game.

When I realized it was so short is when I decided to rent in rather than buy it. I always check LGTB to check game lengths.

I’m with ya. I just don’t believe in spending MSRP on a game that is so short with no replayability. It’s a nice and enjoyable one and done.

Almost every vr game is short. Your entire argument is just whining.

And i thought you just said you had to play through twice to get everything..... now you say only once.

Edit: so The Order 1886 was $60 at launch and people were 50/50 about the length... so decided to search here and see what you may have said about it...
at least you are consistant about being an asshole about games. You either love a game, or you want the devs to go bankrupt. There is zero middle ground with you.

#6711 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 29 December 2018 - 05:46 PM

You are right this is very shady. I will contact the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization and get them on this ASAP. I have no doubt the Sasquatches are involved. Probably has something to do with the Greys as well. Sleep with one eye open, Trust No One. Now that they know that you know, you'll never be safe again.

I think the Breathwaites are behind it.

#6712 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 29 December 2018 - 05:56 PM

It’s shady to be in and out of stock, then pulled from most retailers (Best Buy, target, Walmart, GameStop). Amazon is in and out of stock daily, and at MSRP.

It's not shady. A typical warehouse isn't going to make items available for purchase until they are systematically stored to a bin or rack location, at which point they can be ordered by a customer and picked by a worker. It doesn't matter if there's thousands of them sitting on the floor waiting to be put away or sitting in a trailer at a dock door waiting to be unloaded; you can't buy them until they are stored to a warehouse location.

It is very possible that at an Amazon warehouse somewhere, copies of Moss are not getting put away all at once, which would lead to the stock going in and out. Someone puts away a batch of games, they get bought up, and then later someone gets to another batch of games and puts them away. This isn't someone behind the scenes pressing a button to make it go in and out of stock for their own amusement.

#6713 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! Banned   1790 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 29 December 2018 - 06:39 PM

$30 is not a high MSRP and a short quality game is better than a long mediocre at best game

i have never disliked a game because i thought it was too short, i've disliked tons of games i thought were too long

#6714 erikjo  

Posted 29 December 2018 - 07:09 PM

They said in April they were already making moss book 2. Hopefully it comes soon now.

#6715 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1190 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:42 PM

Sold out is essentially the same as delisted. I checked RSS yesterday and no stores have it nor are receiving any from the DC.

Sold out is absolutely not the same as delisted. It’s currently in stock at Best Buy as I write this. Not only is it in stock, but it has an available mybestbuy offer for me of $26.99. There is a little checkbox for me to apply the offer and says the offer expires Jan 31.

#6716 MaineBear  

MaineBear

Posted 29 December 2018 - 10:37 PM

How is Creed?  Worth the $30?  Has anyone tried Home Sweet Home in VR?

#6717 Jurai  

Posted 29 December 2018 - 10:43 PM

I played it on Vive, $20 would be my recommendation

#6718 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3103 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:37 AM

I played it on Vive, $20 would be my recommendation

PSN had it listed for $15 for an hour.... Hold out!

It is a fun game though, everything is on the disc and they are added new fighters a few weeks ago (I think they did anyway, movie tie ins etc) So if you find a used copy decent, go for it.

#6719 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3362 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:45 AM

Great game, me and my boys are loving it, luckily picked it up on the PSN sale for 14.99

#6720 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 30 December 2018 - 04:38 AM

Nothing like a good, old-fashioned message board fight.