* * * * - 13 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#6991 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   397 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:09 PM

I was going to sell my Borderlands 2 code specifically because it seemed so stripped down and not taking enough advantage of VR, but with AIM support I may just have to hold onto it. If they land with the AIM controller, this would undoubtedly be the best FPS on PSVR.

#6992 iNICK20   Premium Member. CAGiversary!   308 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2019 - 06:03 PM

Sad that ID couldn't even fucking update Doom with a left handed patch years after release, and the Borderlands 2 devs have already done it.

If someone plays it with the Aim controller please leave feedback on how the control compares to Farpoint.  I don't know anything about Borderlands but if it has the same feel as Farpoint did as far as control goes, I'd maybe grab it just for that.

Same Boat! I'm left handed and I couldn't believe the amount of little I seen for us left handed users! I should've really read up on this before I purchased a VR Bundle. I won't buy another one for PS5 unless they outright claims Left hand support is included.

#6993 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1457 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2019 - 06:33 PM

I'm left handed and have had no problems playing Doom VFR with the Aim controller. I play Farpiont on the default scheme too.

#6994 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   889 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:08 AM

Ebay added a coupon for $10 off $30 worth of purchases to my account. The Borderlands 2 VR Aim support news got me interested in the game. With the ebay coupon I ended up getting a Borderlands 2 VR code and a 20% off PSN code for $21.

With the PSN discount code I picked up Word of Final Fantasy and it's Maxima upgrade from the weekly sale, Beat Saber, and a handful of dlc for the Persona dancing games. Pretty good. Ebay covered the price of the PSN discount code, and the code saved me close to $20.

#6995 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:56 AM

I'm left handed and have had no problems playing Doom VFR with the Aim controller. I play Farpiont on the default scheme too.

Well then you're not left handed, your ambidextrous.

#6996 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   889 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 09 March 2019 - 04:59 AM

And now I played Beat Saber. This game is super fun.

Twice on the third or fourth level of the campaign I failed to reach the required points to beat the level. The second time I didn't miss any notes. I remember the tutorial saying something about getting more points if you hit the notes with the proper angle, and figured that's where I'm dropping points.

At the time I was hitting the notes by mostly just flicking my wrists. In my third attempt I hit the notes using wider swings with my full arms doing the motion. Flicking my wrists I came up 10,000 points short. Using my arms I passed the goal by 40,000. If the game is designed in a way that gets you to move your arms that's very smart. I got even more into the game when I started playing that way.

#6997 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1457 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:23 PM

Well then you're not left handed, your ambidextrous.

No... I'm completely left handed. I'm just not a wuss. Lol! It's not hard to adapt with a videogame controller. After using the Wii Remote & nuchuck right to left for years I'm use to it now. It's was good practice.

#6998 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:42 PM

No... I'm completely left handed. I'm just not a wuss. Lol! It's not hard to adapt with a videogame controller. After using the Wii Remote & nuchuck right to left for years I'm use to it now. It's was good practice.

So you practiced playing right handed for years.  Congrats tough guy.  You're ambidextrous.

#6999 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1457 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2019 - 05:04 PM

So you practiced playing right handed for years. Congrats tough guy. You're ambidextrous.

Nah I'm normal. Just not a wuss like some. Keep crying while others adapt & enjoy games 😂

Also learn what abidextrous means. If I were abidextrous I'd be able to write, throw & shoot with my right hand...I can't soooo 😜

#7000 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   804 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:32 PM

And now I played Beat Saber. This game is super fun.

Twice on the third or fourth level of the campaign I failed to reach the required points to beat the level. The second time I didn't miss any notes. I remember the tutorial saying something about getting more points if you hit the notes with the proper angle, and figured that's where I'm dropping points.

At the time I was hitting the notes by mostly just flicking my wrists. In my third attempt I hit the notes using wider swings with my full arms doing the motion. Flicking my wrists I came up 10,000 points short. Using my arms I passed the goal by 40,000. If the game is designed in a way that gets you to move your arms that's very smart. I got even more into the game when I started playing that way.

Yep! The full swings give you better scores. It can be a workout on Expert.

#7001 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   889 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 09 March 2019 - 08:01 PM

Yep! The full swings give you better scores. It can be a workout on Expert.

I'm thinking of getting some weighted gloves to play the game with. Not so much for the exercise, but because giving the move controllers some weight seems like it would be more immersive. A couple months ago I did the Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire - The Void experience. The weight of the VR gear you have to wear makes it seem like you are wearing Stormtrooper armor.

That Void experience is really cool. Kind of pricey; $30 for a 15 minute, maybe 20, VR experience. But the real you is playing in an environment that matches how the VR world looks. You actually walk to move around. You can touch walls. It gets warm when you are in heated areas. I had thought about looking for a behind-the-scenes video to see what the real-life set up looks like, but then I thought it's more fun to not look behind the curtain.

#7002 TerribleGamer   Just.... terrible. CAG in Training   27 Posts   Joined 0.2 Years Ago  

TerribleGamer

Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:59 PM

Didn’t see it posted previously but Borderlands 2 VR is $25 at Walmart physical card.

https://www.walmart....type=10&veh=aff

#7003 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4404 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:32 PM

Didn’t see it posted previously but Borderlands 2 VR is $25 at Walmart physical card.

Just curious, and I am legitimately asking... how do people claim 'at walmart' when it isn't, it's a third party reseller.

#7004 frankmackeyspam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   464 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

frankmackeyspam

Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:37 PM

Apparently the recently released Megalith demo is actually a free-to-play version of the full game:

https://www.reddit.c...g/megalith_f2p/

#7005 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   889 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:12 PM

Looking at the third-party seller's name and phone number, that's the same seller I bought a Borderlands 2 VR code from on ebay. It was also $24.99 and free shipping. I ordered it Friday, and received the paper voucher today. I already redeemed the code and downloaded the game. I'll try it later tonight.

#7006 TerribleGamer   Just.... terrible. CAG in Training   27 Posts   Joined 0.2 Years Ago  

TerribleGamer

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:17 AM

Just curious, and I am legitimately asking... how do people claim 'at walmart' when it isn't, it's a third party reseller.

For me, it is because it is on there website and assumably garenteed by the main store.

Also I decided not to buy it yet so only looked only so hard at this...

#7007 Blade3D   Grandmaster Swag CAGiversary!   4288 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:09 PM

Borderlands 2 VR worth it? Really been leaning towards it with AIM support.

#7008 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   889 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:40 AM

My first day with Borderlands 2 VR I wasn't that into it. The guns didn't feel impactful, and the crosshair moving from the recoil makes it seem like the controller has bad tracking. I think guns losing accuracy from recoil is better shown with reticle bloom.

On my second day, today, I started enjoying it more. I found better guns. Some are more accurate, so the crosshair isn't as much of an issue. And they do more damage, so I'm starting to feel more powerful.

I think part of the problem is none of the guns seem to be hitscan. I'm expecting to pull the trigger, and get the satisfaction of the enemy getting hit when I hear the gun go off. Maybe I have to realize Borderlands 2 is designed differently than games like Bioshock or Halo. But, in Overwatch I do have fun with some of the projectile guns, Mercy's and Mei's, so once I wrap my head around how the guns work I think I'll start to like them.

Also, the first day I left the walk speed on normal. It was too slow. Today I set it to fast, and it was much better. This is my first time playing a Borderlands game. It seems promising. I'm using an Aim controller.

#7009 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:20 PM

Beat Saber track pack tracks leaked yesterday.  10 songs for $10.  I'll be snagging that tomorrow.

Link to playlist of tracks on youtube.

#7010 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   889 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:49 AM

Beat Saber track pack tracks leaked yesterday.  10 songs for $10.  I'll be snagging that tomorrow.

A buck a song is pretty good. Going by Rock Band prices. I guess it helps these aren't mainstream songs, but I am liking the music in the base game. Though I think it would be awesome if the game got Devil Trigger. The colors even fit with Devil May Cry.

And after my third day with Borderlands 2 VR I'm really getting into it. I think I'll refrain from using the bullet time feature they added to this version. It seems like something that is meant to help offset the limited mobility of the Move controllers. With the Aim controller it feels overpowered.

I actually have the Game of the Year edition on the Xbox 360. I bought it on sale, then I bought the additional dlc that isn't in it as they went on sale. I just never got around to playing it. It might be interesting to boot it up to see what it's like on a TV.

#7011 Stimes   Get Some! CAGiversary!   2232 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:35 AM

I got Borderlands 2 VR at launch and has been the only game that has given me motion sickness so far. That being said the Aim controller support seems to have fixed that and I am enjoying the game. It’s far from perfect and I feel it was rushed to be released before the holidays. Here is to hoping they keep supporting and updating.

#7012 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:11 PM

How does the Aim tracking/control compare to Farpoint?  How about Arizona Sunshine?

#7013 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   999 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:15 PM

Link to playlist of tracks on youtube.

This must have been for the PC releases?  It's 10 songs for $12.99 on PSN.  And so much for hoping Beat Saber would go on sale for the first time on the day of their first music pack release!   :bomb:

#7014 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1457 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:30 PM

Excited about this Beat Saber track pack.  

#7015 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:43 PM

This must have been for the PC releases?  It's 10 songs for $12.99 on PSN.  And so much for hoping Beat Saber would go on sale for the first time on the day of their first music pack release!   :bomb:

Damn the blog post that was pulled apparently said $10.  

Due to it being $13, I think I'll wait just out of principle at this point.  I'm not in much of a rush to play those songs, and I listened to the track list on youtube and to be honest I'm only a fan of like 1/2 the songs.  But no chance I'm paying $2 for songs either.

#7016 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2466 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:20 PM

I'm curious to read more of everyone's impressions of Borderlands 2 with the AIM controller here if you guys feel so compelled to as to leave them. I thoroughly enjoyed AZ Sunshine, Doom, and Farpoint, so I'll probably get the game regardless, but I'd still love to hear more. 

#7017 Uhwhatusay  

Uhwhatusay

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:46 PM

has any played pixel ripped 1989?

$14.99 ( $12.49 if u have + )  

is it any good?  an also theres an paperboy like game any 1 played it any thoughts?

my games = rick an morty,RE7 drive club,borderlands 2

#7018 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:03 AM

If anyone cares, I captured the 10 Beat Saber DLC songs earlier on expert if you want to hear em and see the mappings.  It was my first try playing most of them but only 1 of them gave me trouble.  I had to play it like 3-4 times.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/395646352

#7019 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1039 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:33 AM

has any played pixel ripped 1989?

$14.99 ( $12.49 if u have + )  

is it any good?  an also theres an paperboy like game any 1 played it any thoughts?

my games = rick an morty,RE7 drive club,borderlands 2

I haven't played Pixel Ripped to completion, but I really enjoyed what I played.  I found it pretty charming and enjoyable.  I look forward to when I can spend some time playing through it for real rather than just trying it out.

I also tried out Special Delivery (the Paperboy game) and found it a little difficult to control, and because of that, had quite a few cheap deaths, but I believe there's something in the options that may help that.

#7020 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   999 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:35 PM

Due to it being $13, I think I'll wait just out of principle at this point.  I'm not in much of a rush to play those songs, and I listened to the track list on youtube and to be honest I'm only a fan of like 1/2 the songs.  But no chance I'm paying $2 for songs either.

If anyone cares, I captured the 10 Beat Saber DLC songs earlier on expert if you want to hear em and see the mappings.  It was my first try playing most of them but only 1 of them gave me trouble.  I had to play it like 3-4 times.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/395646352

Wow, things change fast around here!   :-P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playstation VR