* * * * - 13 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#7111 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   983 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2019 - 03:15 PM

I just found out about that Blood and Truth game that comes out Tuesday and wow it looks great!

Then I just checked Amazon and it's nearly 20% off for some reason so I just preordered it.

https://www.amazon.c...4/dp/B07PX3PGV2

#7112 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13304 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2019 - 03:33 PM

I just found out about that Blood and Truth game that comes out Tuesday and wow it looks great!

Then I just checked Amazon and it's nearly 20% off for some reason so I just preordered it.

https://www.amazon.c...4/dp/B07PX3PGV2

Yeah, its 20% off because they are price matching Walmart.

#7113 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:00 AM

Dammit, is everyone going to be playing Blood & Truth next week? The discount is so tempting and I hate missing out on hyped titles during their first week (like what happened with Astro Bot). Not to mention, London Heist was one of my very first memorable experiences on PSVR.

Speaking of which, is anyone else getting overwhelmed by all the new releases lately? I'm waiting for all of them to drop in my price range, but my wishlist is so mighty that I have to keep track of them in a separate notepad file.

Beat Saber (I've waited this long for a discount...)
Blood & Truth (should I roll the dice and wait?)
A Chair in a Room: Greenwater
Falcon Age
Five Nights at Freddy's VR
Ghost Giant
Jupiter & Mars
Layers of Fear 2 (not VR, but high on my list)
Luna
Trover Saves the Universe
Vacation Simulator
Virtual Virtual Reality (haven't heard much on this, but it sounds up my alley)

I'm guessing it will be months before we see decent sales on any of the above. Ugh...I hate being poor.

#7114 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   986 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:41 AM

Yesterday I went back to Astro Bot to get the platinum. The PSVR games I've been playing lately are all digital, but Astro Bot I have physical. It's funny how often I forget when a PSVR game I'm about to play is on disc. I get my headset and headphones on, go to the game's tile on the dashboard, pause for a moment, "shit".

#7115 Deadpool   I club baby seals CAGiversary!   2572 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:42 PM

Yesterday I went back to Astro Bot to get the platinum. The PSVR games I've been playing lately are all digital, but Astro Bot I have physical. It's funny how often I forget when a PSVR game I'm about to play is on disc. I get my headset and headphones on, go to the game's tile on the dashboard, pause for a moment, "shit".

That right there is why i pretty much only get digital. Unfortunately that usually means more expensive. 

#7116 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   983 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:51 PM

Anyone play Blood and Truth yet?  It arrived from Amazon today but I haven't opened it yet.  I hope to play it this evening at some point.  Just curious about feedback if so.

#7117 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:21 AM

Anyone play Blood and Truth yet?

I liked it a lot. It was fun enough that I played it through in one sitting, which was somewhere between 6 and 7 hours. The story and characters were decent enough. The gun aiming felt really good, and you can hold all of the guns with two hands to reduce recoil. Though you'll be doing less of that later because there's parts where you definitely need to be using two guns at once. I liked that you can reload while holding two guns without having to holster either of them. YMMV, but I didn't encounter any motion sickness. The automatic character motion from point to point was very smooth. I did try playing standing for a bit, but some of the movement made me feel a little unbalanced, so I quickly got a chair and played the rest of the game seated, which worked well.

I do have some little gripes with it though. Sometimes weapon holstering/unholstering could be finicky, and I'd end up shooting the floor when I was trying to holster a gun, because the trigger to shoot also does the holstering. Sometimes this was no big deal, and sometimes it became a bit of a headache when I was doing a stealth section. Don't worry though, as there's no instant-fail stealth areas. It just means you've started the firefight sooner than you might have liked.

There were a couple difficulty bottlenecks where I died over and over and over. There's two difficulties: Normal, and an easier "Cinematic" mode difficulty, and I played on Normal. Most of the game had a decent even ramp up in difficulty, and the two sections where it spiked for me were a bit frustrating, but in the end I figured out ways to manage the enemies.

I also went into it expecting the story to be more "London gangster", but a lot of the missions felt closer to something you'd see in a military shooter like Call of Duty. I would have liked to have seen a bit more variety in the levels. A few more unique non-shooty bits would have balanced the shooter parts a bit better.

Overall though, I enjoyed it quite a bit and it's an easy recommend to anyone with a PSVR, though maybe it's just shy of being good enough where I'd say anyone without a PSVR should get one for this game. I'd rate it a solid 8/10.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I used the Move controllers when I played. There is also a DualShock mode, but I didn't try it out.

#7118 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   983 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:13 AM

I just played like an hour or so of Blood and Truth.  The game is so much fun.  I highly recommend if you liked London Heist.

There is definitely some bugs in it though.  I had to quit out of my game once because after I died, it spawned me with no weapons and the character I was following wasn't there either.  Then one time at the end of a level I grabbed onto a pole, and the hands wouldn't release to grab something else.  Eventually after waggling around a lot it finally worked.  I also have found that aiming down the sites can be a bit tricky to get your initial bearings.

But that is far and few between.  The gun fighting is so much fun in this game.

#7119 tukai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1206 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:04 PM

ok so if the psvr goes on sale next month, I am going to go in and buy it. I figure I'll go with the blood and truth / golf bundle. A few games I am thinking about getting

Beat Saber

RE7 - plan is to make my kids play that if they misbehave as punishment. Or I may trick my elderly mom into playing it

Firewall zero hour bundle - I really know nothing about this game. Is it any good?

Creed 

Farpoint 

Ace Combat - is it worth getting for the VR experience?

Star Wars battlefront 1 (have this already would like to experience the VR mission)

I have a few games already thru a gameshare a friend and I do. Are there any other must haves to wow me with the VR? 

I use a ps4 pro and 65 inch sony 4k HDR10 TV if that matters

#7120 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1791 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:13 PM

ok so if the psvr goes on sale next month, I am going to go in and buy it. I figure I'll go with the blood and truth / golf bundle. A few games I am thinking about getting

Beat Saber

RE7 - plan is to make my kids play that if they misbehave as punishment. Or I may trick my elderly mom into playing it

Firewall zero hour bundle - I really know nothing about this game. Is it any good?

Creed 

Farpoint 

Star Wars battlefront 1 (have this already would like to experience the VR mission)

I have a few games already thru a gameshare a friend and I do. Are there any other must haves to wow me with the VR? 

I'm hoping the move controller bundles go on sale. I didn't spend the extra money on the full psvr bundle with the move controllers last Xmas and I regret it. I want to play beat saber

#7121 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4442 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:13 PM

Beat Saber

Creed 

Farpoint 

I don't see Astro Bot on your list, that's a must have for PSVR! 

Looking at either getting Blood and Truth or Trover Saves the Universe this weekend. Haven't used my PSVR in months now and both of those games look fun, but I am sure they will go on sale and I already have an absurd backlog so I think I am just going to get one this weekend. 

#7122 tukai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1206 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:19 PM

I don't see Astro Bot on your list, that's a must have for PSVR! 

Looking at either getting Blood and Truth or Trover Saves the Universe this weekend. Haven't used my PSVR in months now and both of those games look fun, but I am sure they will go on sale and I already have an absurd backlog so I think I am just going to get one this weekend. 

Luckily Astro bot is one of the games on my friends account I share with as well as Moss. What also has me interested is No Man's Sky adding VR in the near future. 

#7123 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   832 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:21 PM

Until Dawn Rush of Blood

#7124 Pig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   291 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:23 PM

Trover saves the Universe is pretty good also.

#7125 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1609 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:28 PM

ok so if the psvr goes on sale next month, I am going to go in and buy it. I figure I'll go with the blood and truth / golf bundle. A few games I am thinking about getting...

Beat Saber is of course a must have :) I enjoy and still play the Star Wars BF1 VR mission once a week or so. I would say Astro Bot is another great choice. Superhot is a popular game, although I didn't like it. Moss is also one of my favorite adventure games that I have played.

I also enjoyed Ancient Amuletor which is a defense type game with waves of enemies. I think it has a demo.

Ace Combat's VR content is only 3 missions I believe, so maybe 45 minutes, although it also has a free flight VR mode.

#7126 tukai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1206 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:19 PM

I watched a video on firewall and it looks like it would not be a good purchase. 

#7127 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2019 - 10:00 PM

Beat Saber

Creed

Farpoint

I played Firewall during the free trial weekend and I didn’t think it was worth it. Unless you’re only buying it for the Aim bundle, in which case it’s a must to play Farpoint with.

I have not played Ace Combat, but the other titles on your list are solid. I would agree Superhot is a good purchase too. We are due for a good PSVR sale soon (we had so many last year), so you might be able to wait on most of these while you gameshare Astro Bot and Moss (my personal favorites).

In addition to Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, there are some other good older titles like PlayStation VR Worlds (the inspiration for Blood & Truth), Batman: Arkham VR, and don’t forget to grab The Playroom VR (inspiration for Astro Bot) free on PSN.

Having a quality TV in this case doesn’t matter as you can play PSVR with the monitor off (unless you have spectators).

Happy virtualizing. (?)

#7128 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2485 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:45 AM

Sometimes weapon holstering/unholstering could be finicky, and I'd end up shooting the floor when I was trying to holster a gun

That's one of those times where you are relieved it only happened in VR. I remember a guy doing that when I was in the Army. He didn't shoot himself in the foot, but he still had a really bad day. 

#7129 bstringbean  

bstringbean

Posted 30 May 2019 - 04:55 PM

Playroom VR is a free game released by Sony that is worth a download, especially if you have kids. It has a nice variety and includes games that require multiple players like a Ghostbuster-esque game where only those not wearing the VR can spot the ghosts. And, it includes a level that is a precursor to Astrobot. There is also the chance to play as a Godzilla-esque monster and a cat, both with voice modulation that kids really enjoy. It's a great intro for non-gamers as well with simple games.

#7130 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   832 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2019 - 05:23 PM

Rigs is really good too. Also that Trover game is $25 on amazon for some reason. Picked it up at no charge with my rewards points. I hear it's solid.

#7131 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4442 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2019 - 05:27 PM

Rigs is really good too. Also that Trover game is $25 on amazon for some reason. Picked it up at no charge with my rewards points. I hear it's solid.

Thanks for the heads up on Trover! I went ahead and ordered it from Amazon for $25. I enjoy Justin Roliand enough to make this worth the price. I've heard the game is pretty solid and really funny despite being a fairly short experience. 

#7132 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   983 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:49 PM

In Blood and Truth I was having trouble reloading and holstering too, but then I just slowed down a bit and actually look down when I'm doing it, and now I rarely miss it.  And on top of that, I feel I noticed the vibration more when I am looking down.  Before I was trying to be Billy Badass and do it without looking but in the end it was making me do worse.

Dual wielding has never been so much fun than in this game.  The SMG in one hand and a pistol or shotgun in the other.

I also find grenades completely worthless.  It's just too hard to throw them properly for me so I ignore them now.  I've only had the sniper rifle for a short while but so far I don't like it.  Like aiming down the sites didn't really zoom in.  It was odd.

#7133 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:00 PM

RIGS is one of those games that truly put me in "barf out" mode and I don't get motion sickness often. Then again, I only played the demo (new users, remember to download those free demo discs).

Thanks for the tip on Trover. Looks like they are matching Target (which has it as $24.99 as its regular price, not sure if that will hold past the preorder). I went ahead and cancelled my PSN preorder because I prefer the physical, and with the new refund policy in place, I had no problems (a first). Now I just need a 1-cent item to qualify for free shipping on Amazon. Dammit. :oldman:

#7134 Jurai  

Posted 31 May 2019 - 01:06 AM

RIGS is one of those games that truly put me in "barf out" mode and I don't get motion sickness often. Then again, I only played the demo (new users, remember to download those free demo discs).

Thanks for the tip on Trover. Looks like they are matching Target (which has it as $24.99 as its regular price, not sure if that will hold past the preorder). I went ahead and cancelled my PSN preorder because I prefer the physical, and with the new refund policy in place, I had no problems (a first). Now I just need a 1-cent item to qualify for free shipping on Amazon. Dammit. :oldman:

did you try turning on the chassis thing, that helped a lot for me on Rigs

#7135 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70698 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 31 May 2019 - 04:01 AM

#7136 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2019 - 08:00 AM

So after cancelling my Trover preorder, I couldn't decide whether to buy physical from Target or Amazon. Since it seemed like Target had it for $24.99 indefinitely (it didn't say "on sale" or have $29.99 slashed out or anything), I figured I would go and pick it up in-store in the morning rather than wait to have it shipped. I went to the movies tonight and when I got back, I checked both carts for Target and Amazon and they both went up $29.99 (is it an automatic price match, or what?). It was past midnight, so it was no longer possible to get the 10% discount back on PSN either. Needless to say, I've ended up with nothing once again.

It's almost funny if it wasn't so fucking predictable...

Spoiler

#7137 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1590 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:48 AM

Flipping off Tony in slow mo as you leave the museum has been the highlight of Blood and Truth. Having fun with the whole experience so far. Good gameplay & interactivity.

#7138 righteousalive   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

righteousalive

Posted 31 May 2019 - 02:37 PM

Anyone know whats the deal with the Bravo Team VR aim controller bundle. Can't find it decently priced anywhere in the US. I know the game didn't review well but the completionist in me still wants to play this.

#7139 outphase   Custom User Title CAGiversary!   709 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2019 - 03:19 PM

So after cancelling my Trover preorder, I couldn't decide whether to buy physical from Target or Amazon. Since it seemed like Target had it for $24.99 indefinitely (it didn't say "on sale" or have $29.99 slashed out or anything), I figured I would go and pick it up in-store in the morning rather than wait to have it shipped. I went to the movies tonight and when I got back, I checked both carts for Target and Amazon and they both went up $29.99 (is it an automatic price match, or what?). It was past midnight, so it was no longer possible to get the 10% discount back on PSN either. Needless to say, I've ended up with nothing once again.

It's almost funny if it wasn't so fucking predictable...

Spoiler

Online retailers sometimes automatically price match each other. This is obvious when Amazon has a price ending in x.88 because that is a direct match to Walmart. Someone messed up the entry at Target.com and it propagated to Amazon. Analysis paralysis claims another victim.

#7140 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   983 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2019 - 07:35 PM

Flipping off Tony in slow mo as you leave the museum has been the highlight of Blood and Truth. Having fun with the whole experience so far. Good gameplay & interactivity.

Hahaha I'm glad I am not the only asshole who did that too.  I was hoping for an achievement or something though.