* * * * - 13 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#7141 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70109 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 01 June 2019 - 05:15 PM

I'm streaming some Trover Saves the Universe. (Link)

Edit: The archive is uploading now and will be done in a bit:

#7142 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2019 - 08:00 PM

Target and Amazon have Trover for $24.99 again (for some reason). I was able to pick it up in store, so I didn’t have to add any stupid filler items. Glad that crisis is over.

#7143 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 02 June 2019 - 06:42 AM

I finished the first world of Trover, and while the gameplay so far seems to be pretty standard and average platforming fare, the writing is really funny. I enjoy the random things the little bad guys say when you kill them. Anyone who hates Rick and Morty should definitely pass on it though. The style of humor and the writing is like 90% of the reason to play this game.

#7144 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:15 AM

I just finished my first complete playthrough of Blood & Truth. I could nitpick things here and there (more on that later), but let's face it; we've been waiting for this game for so long and it totally delivered on its promise to build on and expand The London Heist experience. I fucking loved it, I had a blast, it's like going on an extended amusement park attraction (lasting about 5-6 hours in normal mode).

For better or worse, it is exactly what it claims to be (starring in your own cinematic action-thriller) and not much more. It lacks a lot of interactivity and there are many scenes of exposition that play out without any of your involvement (I think even London Heist had dialogue choices, but everything plays out linear here). It's basically a glorified rail shooter, but it's so polished (no long load times) and diverse that you don't really mind. A couple of improvements would have been to be able to interact with characters during the talky bits (to touch them or annoy them or have them react when you're messing with car settings while they're driving), and to develop some of the more Mission: Impossible-y sequences (such as one where you're paragliding, but it seems impossible to fail).

One thing that bugged me is that once you proceed ahead, there is no way to go back to previous waypoints. What that means is that sometimes you're forced to pick a path and you can't backtrack (which explains why I'm missing half the collectibles). I guess that in itself gives you some individual choice and replayability factor (all chapters are unlocked upon completion of the game). The other thing I found annoying is that you use the trigger button to discharge, reload and holster your weapon, and sometimes in the heat of battle, you get all mixed up and have no idea what the hell you're doing (holstering over my right shoulder also gave me a lot of trouble). All that being said though, I definitely recommend it. It's one of the most complete, satisfying, epic VR experiences I've had (barring the somewhat flat ending).

#7145 chileatw   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   19 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

chileatw

Posted 02 June 2019 - 01:12 PM

I finished the first world of Trover, and while the gameplay so far seems to be pretty standard and average platforming fare, the writing is really funny. I enjoy the random things the little bad guys say when you kill them. Anyone who hates Rick and Morty should definitely pass on it though. The style of humor and the writing is like 90% of the reason to play this game.

Just finished playing Trover, it's exactly as you said... if you aren't a fan of Rick and Morty you shouldn't be playing this game.  Justin Roiland does the majority of the voices for this game, and it's the same humor from R&M.  It's like watching the Interdimensional Cable episodes, Justin is mostly improving his lines which for me is pure comedy gold.  The gameplay is pretty standard, not great... but not terrible either.

#7146 gepet0   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1368 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2019 - 01:15 PM

Has there been any good deal on cheap aim controllers?  Is it worth picking one up?

#7147 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   708 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2019 - 02:37 PM

Has there been any good deal on cheap aim controllers?  Is it worth picking one up?

I'm not actively looking for one because I already have one, but when I first got mine it was the cheapest I had seen it.  I paid $60 for the Farpoint + Aim bundle on Amazon.  

I do think I remember seeing a Bravo Team bundle for around that price at one point too but I could be wrong.  Otherwise though, the thing rarely goes on sale just because it doesn't have to.

#7148 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 03 June 2019 - 06:17 AM

Anyone else reverse the cover in the case for Trover? It looks so amazing; I just had to do it.

#7149 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70109 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:31 PM

#7150 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4425 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:34 PM

Should be getting my copy of Trover in the mail tomorrow. Looking forward to playing the game, I know it's meant to played in VR, but has anyone checked it out without VR? Is it that much of a difference? I figured this is a game I will be playing for the humor and writing as I am fan of Justin Roiland. 

#7151 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1723 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:44 PM

The 

I'm not actively looking for one because I already have one, but when I first got mine it was the cheapest I had seen it.  I paid $60 for the Farpoint + Aim bundle on Amazon.  

I do think I remember seeing a Bravo Team bundle for around that price at one point too but I could be wrong.  Otherwise though, the thing rarely goes on sale just because it doesn't have to.

The Bravo Team bundle was on clearance at GameStop a few months ago for just a little under $60. I passed on that at the time because Farpoint in the better game.  Have move controllers been on sale at all recently?  I want the PS4 versions because they are supposed to have longer battery life. I don't trust the gamestop trade ins

#7152 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:00 PM

Has anyone seen any deals on Blood and Truth yet?

#7153 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   708 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2019 - 12:06 AM

Blood and Truth isn't even a week old.  Don't expect any deals on it any time soon.

#7154 TerribleGamer   Just.... terrible. CAG in Training   32 Posts   Joined 1.6 Years Ago  

TerribleGamer

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:44 AM

Has anyone seen any deals on Blood and Truth yet?

im pretty sure the price you can buy it at now is a deal.... so if you want it get it...

#7155 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2019 - 09:00 AM

I just finished Trover. A thoroughly enjoyable experience. I love being teased and insulted in VR, I find it hilarious. It gave me the interactivity that I craved from Blood & Truth; the game reacts and responds to almost everything you do which you gives you that extra level of immersion and makes me want to play it again trying different things (simple actions like nodding or shaking your head usually sends characters off on a tangent). I would say this is one of the most purely fun VR games I've played (and I've played a lot). Basically a cross between the third-person platforming style of Astro Bot with the rambling vulgarity, comedy-adventure sensibilities of Accounting+. If you're not a fan of naughty words and sophomoric humor, there is also a censored setting which I imagine must omit a lot of dialogue. My blind playthrough took roughly 8 hours and there still seems to be quite a bit left to do, trophy-wise (not to mention, free DLC promised down the line). For those who may have been disappointed by Rick & Morty: Virtual Rick-ality, I think you will find a lot to like here.

Having played Blood & Truth and Trover Saves the Universe back-to-back, I can honestly say I find them both exemplary titles for very different reasons and would highly recommend them to everyone here.

#7156 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   708 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2019 - 07:51 PM

I'm like 3-4 hours into Blood and Truth and damn the game is so much fun.

Other than experiencing some bugs, the only thing that I wish was a little better is the two handed weapons.  It's a little clunky when you switch to one, and then when trying to use them and aim it's just a bit clunky.  I've found a sniper rifle like 2x but now I just completely ignore it because I just get crushed by other guys while trying to find other people.  Maybe later on there is a better sniping section but I haven't experienced it yet.

#7157 dualrec  

Posted 04 June 2019 - 09:16 PM

I just finished Trover. A thoroughly enjoyable experience. I love being teased and insulted in VR, I find it hilarious. It gave me the interactivity that I craved from Blood & Truth; the game reacts and responds to almost everything you do which you gives you that extra level of immersion and makes me want to play it again trying different things (simple actions like nodding or shaking your head usually sends characters off on a tangent). I would say this is one of the most purely fun VR games I've played (and I've played a lot). Basically a cross between the third-person platforming style of Astro Bot with the rambling vulgarity, comedy-adventure sensibilities of Accounting+. If you're not a fan of naughty words and sophomoric humor, there is also a censored setting which I imagine must omit a lot of dialogue. My blind playthrough took roughly 8 hours and there still seems to be quite a bit left to do, trophy-wise (not to mention, free DLC promised down the line). For those who may have been disappointed by Rick & Morty: Virtual Rick-ality, I think you will find a lot to like here.

Having played Blood & Truth and Trover Saves the Universe back-to-back, I can honestly say I find them both exemplary titles for very different reasons and would highly recommend them to everyone here.

Agree on all the Trover stuff.  I've never looked at Accounting+.  I'm assuming you're saying I should check that one out ? ;)

#7158 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2019 - 11:15 PM

Agree on all the Trover stuff.  I've never looked at Accounting+.  I'm assuming you're saying I should check that one out ? ;)

Yeah, it's a much smaller-scaled game than Trover, but it was also made by Squanch Games and features characters yelling at you and general weirdness. :D It's also moderately priced at $11.99, though it's been as low as $7.19 before.

#7159 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70109 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:48 AM

If you enjoy that style of rambling humor and lots of hidden stuff to find and mess with, Accounting+ is well worth checking out.

#7160 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70109 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:38 AM

#7161 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1513 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:26 AM

Finished Blood & Truth last night. Ridiculously good game. Finally opened Astro Bot & Damn is this a good game too. I'm enjoying clearing out my vr backlog.

#7162 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3618 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2019 - 02:02 PM

Finished Blood & Truth last night. Ridiculously good game. Finally opened Astro Bot & Damn is this a good game too. I'm enjoying clearing out my vr backlog.

Same here, with 70 hours in Odyssey and still not finished, it's great to play shorter, more unique experiences that don't devolve into a grind at points. Just finished Ghost Giant, which was great, and the first couple of hours of Blood and Truth and Trover have been great as well. It looks like month over month there are going to be pretty solid VR releases this year. Hope it moves more units during the holidays.

#7163 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2019 - 02:59 PM

Going to finally set up my PSVR next week and start playing the backlog I made for myself. Will have about 30 days to play as much PSVR as possible before I have to pack it up / sell it.

Any suggestions to add to this list? I don't like FPS or horror.

• Astro Bot
  • Beat Saber
  • Blood & Truth
  • Ghost Giant
  • Moss
  • Rick and Morty
  • Superhot
  • Tetris Effect
  • Trover saves the universe

#7164 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3273 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:03 PM

Moss

#7165 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4425 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:11 PM

Got my copy of Trover yesterday. Thinking I will dust the ol' VR headset off and check it out tonight. 

#7166 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:29 PM

Moss

Ah yes. I forgot I have that, too. I'll add it to my list. Thanks!

#7167 tukai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1192 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2019 - 05:18 PM

Is beat saber a digital only game? Im trying to narrow down which bundle to get. Its a toss up between the beat saber / Borderlands bundle or the Blood and truth / golf bundle

#7168 Tothoro  

Posted 05 June 2019 - 05:37 PM

Is beat saber a digital only game? Im trying to narrow down which bundle to get. Its a toss up between the beat saber / Borderlands bundle or the Blood and truth / golf bundle

Yes, Beat Saber is currently digital-only.

#7169 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6752 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2019 - 06:38 PM

BT/Golf imo, but be sure to get Beat Saber.

IMO BL2 isn't just a fantastic port but I'm in the minority here.

#7170 dualrec  

Posted 05 June 2019 - 06:53 PM

Everybody quit saying how good Blood and Truth is.... going to make me go pick it up, and then it will instantly go on sale. :)