* * * * - 13 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#7231 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13147 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2019 - 04:48 AM

Astrobot may be having a universal price drop to $19.99.  Best Buy is now showing it for $19.99 as a price drop and not a sale.

#7232 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:22 AM

Astrobot may be having a universal price drop to $19.99. Best Buy is now showing it for $19.99 as a price drop and not a sale.

Come on $10

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#7233 sethrhf   The Watcher CAGiversary!   445 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:29 AM

Has  Star Trek: Bridge Crew The Next Generation DLC ever been on sale by itself.  They are killing me on always having it on sale in the bundle.

#7234 DurbanBrown   to the MOON CAGiversary!   1648 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

DurbanBrown

Posted 27 June 2019 - 03:56 PM

Has  Star Trek: Bridge Crew The Next Generation DLC ever been on sale by itself.  They are killing me on always having it on sale in the bundle.

not that Ive ever seen

#7235 darkdaze73   Serious Fisherman CAGiversary!   528 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:25 PM

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Borderlands VR is $20 at Walmart

https://www.walmart....-PSVR/169324390

#7236 Ocelotri   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:55 PM

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Borderlands VR is $20 at Walmart

https://www.walmart....-PSVR/169324390

same seller has beat saber for 25, same seller/prices on ebay too

https://www.ebay.com...&_ssn=ushopmall

#7237 DANNY2582   NJ-CAGamer CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

DANNY2582

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:23 PM

New in the market for VR curious on any suggestion if I should purchase a PSvr or or oculus quest

#7238 Jurai  

Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:05 PM

New in the market for VR curious on any suggestion if I should purchase a PSvr or or oculus quest

Quest is a completely different level of VR, look into game lists and see which platform has what you actually wanna play

#7239 DANNY2582   NJ-CAGamer CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

DANNY2582

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:44 AM

Quest is a completely different level of VR, look into game lists and see which platform has what you actually wanna play

Yea, I really have to think about it... thanks

#7240 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 28 June 2019 - 03:06 AM

Moss got an update today. New map and puzzles.

Awesome! Thanks for this post.

#7241 darkdaze73   Serious Fisherman CAGiversary!   528 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:12 PM

Saw this posted over at Gamespot.com...

Sony has announced it's setting a big PSVR exclusive free this weekend. Firewall Zero Hour will be free for PS Plus members from June 28 through July 1. In addition, all players will receive double XP for the duration of the free-play weekend.

#7242 Adam Quest  

Adam Quest

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:29 PM

Come on $10

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The game is worth $60 IMO. It is the best VR game I have played since getting PSVR this past holiday season. I highly recommend it, you will not be disappointed.

#7243 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70208 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:52 PM

The Firewall: Zero Hour Free Trial is live:

https://store.playst...IREWALL000TRIAL

#7244 Spurbs   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2019 - 11:05 AM

I have both. The Oculus Quest can’t run some games, and of course there are great PSVR exclusives, but it’s hard to beat the pick up and play if the Quest

#7245 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   714 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2019 - 12:04 PM

The DLC in Moss being scattered throughout the whole game is pretty disappointing.  I thought it would just be additional chapters to the story.  I know it's free and all, but still, I just don't have much motivation to play through that game again.  I've probably beaten it like 5-6 times already.

#7246 Tothoro  

Posted 29 June 2019 - 05:28 PM

The DLC in Moss being scattered throughout the whole game is pretty disappointing.  I thought it would just be additional chapters to the story.  I know it's free and all, but still, I just don't have much motivation to play through that game again.  I've probably beaten it like 5-6 times already.

Yeah, that was a little frustrating. Even with the backtracking it only took me 2-3 hours to complete, though.

It was a nice little story snippet and some fun puzzles, but one of the new mechanics (the ranged shot thing) was hit-or-miss on working like it was supposed to. I can't complain for free DLC, though, it was a nice preview into what they're hopefully working on in a sequel.

#7247 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2019 - 12:00 AM

I played again for fun, but you can access each of the DLC portals using chapter select (and skip to the next one once you've finished it). The first one is midway through the third level (The Mire Temple), the second one is at the beginning of the fourth level (Last Respite) and the last one is towards the end of the fifth level, through the right door (The Abandoned City). Just look out for the glowing green sparklies and interact with them to be transported to a new world/side-quest. You get new armor, a new sword and fight a new boss (plus you meet a cool-looking character, Toad). There are also 7 easy trophies if you need additional motivation. It shouldn't take you more than an hour to get through.

#7248 Tothoro  

Posted 30 June 2019 - 04:36 AM

I played again for fun, but you can access each of the DLC portals using chapter select (and skip to the next one once you've finished it). The first one is midway through the third level (The Mire Temple), the second one is at the beginning of the fourth level (Last Respite) and the last one is at the beginning of the fifth level, through the right door (The Abandoned City). Just look out for the glowing green sparklies and interact with them to be transported to a new world/side-quest. You get new armor, a new sword and fight a new boss (plus you meet a cool-looking character, Toad). There are also 7 easy trophies if you need additional motivation. It shouldn't take you more than an hour to get through.

This is the video I used to find the locations. The first one is the only one with a lot of backtracking, but the third one made me backtrack through my least favorite (screen? page?) in the game with the sentry and the rotating platform.

#7249 failgecko   CAL - Cheap Ass Loser CAGiversary!   80 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

failgecko

Posted 30 June 2019 - 02:04 PM

Does anybody know exactly when Physical copies of Superhot jumped up in price? I feel like a couple months ago, they were going for 25$USD TOPS. Now, I can't find a copy sub $60.

EDIT: Checked sold on Ebay, April 29th sold for $21.26 with Free Shipping. Seems like the bigger stores sold out and now smaller sellers are capitalizing.

Edited by failgecko, 30 June 2019 - 02:12 PM.

#7250 Jurai  

Posted 30 June 2019 - 06:30 PM

Does anybody know exactly when Physical copies of Superhot jumped up in price? I feel like a couple months ago, they were going for 25$USD TOPS. Now, I can't find a copy sub $60.

EDIT: Checked sold on Ebay, April 29th sold for $21.26 with Free Shipping. Seems like the bigger stores sold out and now smaller sellers are capitalizing.

supply and demand

#7251 Tothoro  

Posted 30 June 2019 - 08:50 PM

Moss is also rising in price, seems like a lot of the well-reviewed titles are heading that way. Might be a good time to pick up Astrobot as well.

#7252 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   7068 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2019 - 11:22 PM

The game is an import so its still readily available in its native country for around $30 shipped.  If you look at the US sellers who are at $60+ their last ones sold were in the $30 range so most likely they bought out the UK sellers so they can up the local going rate

#7253 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1209 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2019 - 04:18 AM

According to playasia superhot is out of print. I checked zavvi and there is no listing, though their PS4 selection is rather small. Base.com used to stock it but no longer does. And amazon.co.uk only has it from third party sellers. It may actually be out of print

#7254 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 01 July 2019 - 12:59 PM

supply and demand

I'm pretty sure failgecko already figured this out and didn't need it explained to them like they're an idiot.

#7255 failgecko   CAL - Cheap Ass Loser CAGiversary!   80 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

failgecko

Posted 01 July 2019 - 01:11 PM

Personally, I just kinda thought that it had a bigger distribution than I guess that it actually did. TBH, I'm not that 'in the loop' with physical print outside the US though. Just a poor guy tryin' to get some physical games for 'cheap'. I checked a couple places as well and came to the same conclusions that you guys did.

I have been tracking Moss and Astrobot for a minute. Thanks for the Heads-up!

Glad to see I came back to some helpful info.

I mostly lurk and always appreciate the info everybody freely shares. Thanks again!!

#7256 Jurai  

Posted 01 July 2019 - 01:14 PM

Astrobot is pretty low at best buy, and a top title so it's worth it for sure

#7257 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1068 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:04 PM

GAME UK still has it for 15.99 GBP, about $20: https://www.game.co....rhot-vr-2304854

It at least appears to be orderable and does ship to US if you are looking to get a copy. I have not personally order from them in the past.

#7258 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6467 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:46 PM

GAME UK still has it for 15.99 GBP, about $20: https://www.game.co....rhot-vr-2304854

It at least appears to be orderable and does ship to US if you are looking to get a copy. I have not personally order from them in the past.

This far after release, you're likely to get a used copy with wear that they have slapped with a clear plastic sealing sticker claiming it's new ala Gamestop here in the US.  

#7259 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1068 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 01 July 2019 - 10:55 PM

This far after release, you're likely to get a used copy with wear that they have slapped with a clear plastic sealing sticker claiming it's new ala Gamestop here in the US.  

If you just want the game, it beats paying $60+, assuming the disc is not scratched up or something, but good to know that they have similar practices as GS.

#7260 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1209 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2019 - 07:03 AM

Here’s one from an international seller on eBay if you are willing. About $26 https://www.ebay.com...UF/183866067068