* * * * - 13 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#7411 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3185 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:36 PM

It can, it’s not bad. I went out and purchased a 3d movie just to see how it worked.

It’s not mind blowing, but it does work.

#7412 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3638 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:02 AM

Wow I just learned that PSVR can do 3d blu rays? Anyone ever try this?

My 3d tv just recently broke so maybe I don’t have to get rid of my 3d Blu ray collection after all...

It's a mixed result because there's separation that almost totally eliminates crosstalk and ghosting found in the active shutter 3D tvs. The downside is the 1080p image is downscaled to the 960 horizontal that the split image creates. I'm in the same boat as my Samsung is showing some bad white spots and their repair services appear to be non-existent.

#7413 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:30 AM

3D blurays on the PSVR is okay. You get depth, but things don't pop out of the screen very far. I only bought a few movies that I found for cheap. I didn't feel the need to build a 3D library.

I bought Jurassic Park, Predator, 300: Rise of an Empire, and Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. The first two served as a way to also upgrade my dvd copies to bluray, and the last two have Eva Green.

#7414 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:40 AM

I just tried it and it does indeed work. It’s actually pretty cool and really reminds me of sitting in a theater watching a 3d movie.

The only downside is the pop doesn’t feel THAT big and obviously the screen looks a bit pixelated.

Also I like watching movies with other people so not sure how much I’ll be using this, but if I don’t ever find a 3dtv at a thrift store it’s nice to see I don’t have to throw my 3d blu ray collection away.

#7415 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70336 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 27 November 2019 - 03:23 PM

#7416 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   761 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:56 PM

Great! Maybe they'll put the damn game on sale.

#7417 kemosahbe  

Posted 28 November 2019 - 12:34 AM

Great! Maybe they'll put the damn game on sale.

They'll put the game on sale alright, it just won't be on PSVR :'(

#7418 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 28 November 2019 - 11:00 PM

Target and Amazon have Ace Combat 7 for $15. As far as VR goes, it seems to have five VR missions that last about three hours. That's kind of on par for some VR games. I bought one from Target. It's another PSVR game I have physical instead of digital, but 50% off the PSN sale price is too enticing.

Facebook bought Beat Games? I'll make sure I buy any dlc I might want soon. I wouldn't be surprised if Facebook pulled it from PSN.

#7419 Pr0f1t   Trophywhorus Rex CAGiversary!   277 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 11:00 PM

Bit on that AC7 for $15 too.  I fully expect to "Blue Angles Ride" myself.  Barf bags at the ready.  Bring it.

#7420 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:00 PM

I haven't written a review in awhile. Falcon Age is kinda cool. It reminded me a bit of The Last Guardian, except instead of a giant winged Trico, you're directing around a much smaller falcon. It can be played without VR, but the immersive element is definitely the standout feature of the title (otherwise, it's pretty light on gameplay). Not too complicated to pick up; I switched on full locomotion and got a handle of the controls quickly, aside from one stupid minigame which gave me the worst time. The game feels a bit glitchy and unpolished at times, and your bird sometimes doesn't respond as quickly to your commands as you'd like (which is why it reminded me of Trico's finicky personality), but aside from that it's a pleasant overall VR experience. My chief complaints are that there's no full voice acting and no fast travel, and the map is pretty wide. The story lasts around 4-5 hours, so the current flash price ($12.99) fits accordingly.

#7421 Ocelotri   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:48 PM

@ Gamestop

Golem $20

https://www.gamestop....html?rrec=true

Sairento $15

https://www.gamestop...r/11094858.html

The Wizards Enhanced Ed  $10

https://www.gamestop....html?rrec=true

Angry Birds $15

https://www.gamestop...e/11096268.html

Box VR $15

https://www.gamestop...r/11097311.html

VR Ping Pong $20

https://www.gamestop...o/11095912.html

#7422 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   747 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2019 - 04:20 PM

How are you guys feeling about the 90 degree mode in Beat Saber?  I'm guessing the 360 mode is only on PC just due to sensors.  To me it is ... interesting.  I Have to give it more time.  It is definitely harder.  The first expert one I tried kicked my butt on a song I can easily get S on in normal expert mode.

#7423 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13185 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2019 - 03:22 AM

I have to hand it to Gamestop as they are the only retailer that seems to be discounting these fairly new VR games.  Amazon of course selectively price matches some of them but they seem to be few and far between.  Picked up Golem and already had Wizards and Sairento.  Would probably get Angry Birds 2 VR and Box VR if Amazon matched them (not making another Gamestop order).

#7424 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1753 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 16 December 2019 - 11:51 AM

I have to hand it to Gamestop as they are the only retailer that seems to be discounting these fairly new VR games.  Amazon of course selectively price matches some of them but they seem to be few and far between.  Picked up Golem and already had Wizards and Sairento.  Would probably get Angry Birds 2 VR and Box VR if Amazon matched them (not making another Gamestop order).

Can you price match at Best buy?

#7425 Tothoro  

Posted 16 December 2019 - 01:12 PM

Can you price match at Best buy?

Yes, as long as the item is available and the price is visible BB will price match GS.

#7426 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1753 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 16 December 2019 - 01:52 PM

Yes, as long as the item is available and the price is visible BB will price match GS.

that's the way to go. Free shipping during the holidays at Best Buy right now and the game will come sealed

#7427 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1753 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 16 December 2019 - 03:12 PM

that's the way to go. Free shipping during the holidays at Best Buy right now and the game will come sealed

I price matched best buy for sairento and the wizard. It took a lot longer than expected through the best buy chat but I would definitely go this route over GameStop

#7428 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3638 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2019 - 03:58 PM

I bought Golem for 30 from Target when it was still 40 at Gamestop thinking it would at least be a couple of months. Guessing the VR market is really slowing down for PSVR. For anyone interested, I've played Golem which has had a very curious development history. The short version is it's a game that was announced before PSVR (when it was called Morpheus) and was led by the lead design of Halo 2 and some other industry vets. It repeatedly missed release dates and many assumed vaporware before it eventually just showed up a month ago to very little fanfare.

It's a roguelike lite where you control a Golem (surprise!) to explore a forgotten city using a "magical VR system" that your character, a little girl, inherited from an older sister in a tragic accident. In the 3 hours I've put (6-8 hour game apparently) I've basically walked around fighting other golems using melee combat only in basic blocking/slashing game that increasingly relies on good reflexes and memorization. The game world, music, and production are all phenomenal but the game is bare bones. It feels like an indie title with a production budget but not nearly enough depth. The backtracking is not so bad but I imagine I'll be done at 6 hours if I complete it as it certainly doesn't feel like a game that was worked on for 4 straight years.

#7429 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1753 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 16 December 2019 - 04:08 PM

Has anyone played Box VR? It sounds like a good workout from the reviews I have read but I am hesitant due to the sweat factor of repeated uses

#7430 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20135 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:06 PM

best buy wont price match angry bird as it is "preorder" on the site

#7431 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2799 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:54 PM

I almost bought a few games but Angry Birds being a preorder killed the free shipping.

#7432 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2485 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:42 AM

Thanks! Been waiting for Sairento to get cheap, and now was the time! I grabbed Golem and Angry Birds as well so ended up getting free shipping. My daughter will want to play Angry Birds, the only game I'm a little iffy on is Golem, reviews I read stated the control scheme was difficult to master and the game was hard to enjoy as a result.

#7433 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2799 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2019 - 07:36 PM

Got my order of Sairento, Angry Birds and The Wizards from GameStop. Surprisingly all factory sealed with no loose discs.

#7434 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1753 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 20 December 2019 - 08:00 PM

Nice, my wizards from best buy had a loose disc

#7435 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2019 - 08:06 PM

Nice, my wizards from best buy had a loose disc

Mine too.

#7436 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1350 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 25 January 2020 - 01:16 AM

I decided I want to get a full physical VR collection since it's a (relatively) small library and I've at least one of the heavy hitters already in Job Simulator. Picked up a bunch of stuff this week thanks to Gamestop's BTGO sale, but seeing this makes me wish I came to this decision a month ago. 

Are there barely any sales anymore? Or are they just put in the PSN thread?

#7437 carlpocket  

carlpocket

Posted 25 January 2020 - 11:35 PM

I decided I want to get a full physical VR collection since it's a (relatively) small library and I've at least one of the heavy hitters already in Job Simulator. Picked up a bunch of stuff this week thanks to Gamestop's BTGO sale, but seeing this makes me wish I came to this decision a month ago. 

If you are just going for a NA collection it is rather small but you still also have the 13 released LRG VR titles and the 3 other VR compatible LRG titles (Volume, Thumper and Coroixier E)  as well as that Rez Infinite from Iam8bit. When you start to add in the games that have just been released in the UK (honestly soooo many), Japan (Transference and then the pervy games) and German (Intruders, Hustle Kings, Mind Labyrinth etc) regions you are looking at another 60-70 titles. Some of those Japanese VR games Summer Lesson 1,2 and Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 are super pricey too. I am at 134 physical as I am going for the complete collection but am not getting multiple copies of the same game in different regions (which could be easier on your wallet cause the US Robinson the Journey is getting pricey now and you can still get the UK import for around 25).

#7438 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1350 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 26 January 2020 - 01:59 AM

I used this site https://limitedgamen...ail-psvr-games/ to get an idea of what I'm getting myself into, and cross checked each of the listings to see what came out in the US as well as abroad (as the site itself isn't always very clear) AND found some newer releases that weren't listed. I picked up Robinson locally for $15, so yay to that I suppose. As far as the LRG releases, when I looked over ebay it seemed like most of them were available for $50 or less- which isn't too bad of a premium considering how some LRG releases go. 

I'm very mad at myself about the Rez release. I love that game and was going to get the physical when it was originally available but talked myself out it. I have the import Dreamcast and US PS2 version.  Did I really need a 3rd hard copy? Well as it turns out...

I was pretty impressed with the number Euro only titles available on Amazon for $20 or less. Grabbed a bunch already. I've got games that had VR modes added to them on the list as well, but stuff like the Sega Genesis Collection and the Persona dancing games where it was clearly barely an after thought are pretty low priority for me. I won't cry if I never complete it, but at least it gives me something to keep my out for when it comes to current gen stuff. Very few modern games interest me at all anymore. 

edit: oh, I'm considering the 3D Rudder as well, but can anyone here vouch for it?

#7439 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13185 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2020 - 06:00 AM

Looks like Gamestop has a few of those titles you quoted back on sale.  Namely Box VR for $14.99 and VR Ping Pong Pro for $14.99.

It appears Amazon has matched the price for VR Ping Pong Pro at $14.99 (only 6 left in stock currently):

https://www.amazon.c...ames,188&sr=1-1

#7440 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1350 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 28 January 2020 - 08:57 AM

Grabbed Ping Pong, thanks!