* * * * - 13 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#7411 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1103 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2019 - 12:32 PM

Utterly unfair comparison to a PC game. Will never happen on console using your own music.

I mention Audiosurf purely because it was the first game to do it so I wanted to give it props.  However, Beat Hazard is on PS3 and lets you use your own music. So does Space Invaders Infinity Gene and Kickbeat (both PS3) and Starship Disco (PS4.) That fair enough for you?

#7412 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1184 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2019 - 02:25 PM

PSVR sale this week to celebrate the 3rd anniversary of its launch. List of titles in the link:

https://blog.us.play...ary-october-13/

Unfortunately, it's the same old fucking shit we've seen time and time again (with the exception of Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot for $10). I was really hoping for Five Nights at Freddy's VR at the very least. Still waiting on that hypothetical Halloween sale...

#7413 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1103 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:04 PM

PSVR sale this week to celebrate the 3rd anniversary of its launch. List of titles in the link:

https://blog.us.play...ary-october-13/

Unfortunately, it's the same old fucking shit we've seen time and time again (with the exception of Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot for $10). I was really hoping for Five Nights at Freddy's VR at the very least. Still waiting on that hypothetical Halloween sale...

I'm still waiting for freakin' Fruit Ninja from 3 years ago. Don't hold your breath.

#7414 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44240 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:12 PM

Still no Job Simulator on sale...damn

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

#7415 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1184 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:00 AM

It's been awhile since I've put on the ol' headset. Doesn't seem that long ago I was reviewing a bunch of horror games this month last year. Looks like the only one I'll be getting to this Halloween is Rise of Insanity (on sale a few weeks back). I decided against Five Nights at Freddy's for $20.99 because it's way too expensive for cheap jump scares.

Anyway, Barry Burton asked about Rise of Insanity once, so here's the lowdown. It's definitely not worth it if you don't have VR (you can play without). It's such a barebones walking simulator and one of the simpler games I've played. The plot is rudimentary and the "twist" easy to figure out, and the game lasts about an hour, unrushed. There is one sequence that looked cool in VR, but sadly not much more. Definitely not worth it for full price, though it might be more easily digestible at $5 or less. There are a few jump scares littered throughout, and yeah, they got me every time (because they're cheap and easy).

#7416 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69318 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 04 November 2019 - 05:40 PM

Audica's out tomorrow for PSVR:

#7417 MobileFrank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

MobileFrank

Posted 04 November 2019 - 08:04 PM

Thinking about taking the VR plunge. What's the best deal on hardware? And do the PS3 motion controllers work? I still have my PS3 move set up.

#7418 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   624 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2019 - 10:42 PM

There are $200 deals that will be popping up around black friday.  They won't come with move controllers and your PS3 ones will work, so you don't need a bundle with them.

Anyone know how much Audica will be?  As much as I enjoy Beatsaber, I'm guessing I will like that game as well.

#7419 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1505 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 04 November 2019 - 10:44 PM

Thinking about taking the VR plunge. What's the best deal on hardware? And do the PS3 motion controllers work? I still have my PS3 move set up.

Definitely get astrobot! I picked up psvr last black Friday. My favorite game of the year

#7420 theemadgamer   SILENCE! I keel you! CAGiversary!   1125 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

theemadgamer

Posted 05 November 2019 - 01:49 AM

Yes, PS3 motion controllers work fine in VR, glad you kept 'em!

#7421 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   624 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2019 - 10:04 PM

Anyone get Audica?  I thought it would be $20 like the Steam version but it's $30 so it wasn't an impulse buy for me.  I'm curious how those who like Beat Saber feel about it.

#7422 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1087 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2019 - 10:18 PM

Just watched that video for Audica. It looks like it’s trying to ape the Beat Saber formula, yet managed to look very...not good. I was instantly hyped from my first peek at Beat Saber and when I got it I was not wrong. This game didn’t grab me in the same way though.

#7423 Tothoro  

Posted 06 November 2019 - 12:17 AM

Anyone get Audica?  I thought it would be $20 like the Steam version but it's $30 so it wasn't an impulse buy for me.  I'm curious how those who like Beat Saber feel about it.

The gameplay feels a little more varied but less refined than Beat Saber. The interface is a little lacking and notes seem to spawn outside of the field-of-view, but patches could remedy all of the gripes I have.

Unless you really like the OST or are desperate for more Beat Saber-like games I'd wait for a patch and/or sale. The core gameplay is there for sure, but it'll (probably) only get better as time goes on.

#7424 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   624 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2019 - 01:03 AM

The gameplay feels a little more varied but less refined than Beat Saber. The interface is a little lacking and notes seem to spawn outside of the field-of-view, but patches could remedy all of the gripes I have.

Unless you really like the OST or are desperate for more Beat Saber-like games I'd wait for a patch and/or sale. The core gameplay is there for sure, but it'll (probably) only get better as time goes on.

Thanks for the quick review.

The complaint about notes off screen is something I read about on the PC version from like April and I doubt they have fixed that if it's in the PSVR version.  I think I'll probably wait a bit at this point.

#7425 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 06 November 2019 - 06:03 PM

You know, I should just buy Moss now so I don't forget. PSN discount promos are pretty much dead, and I doubt there are any new copies left for retailers to put on sale.

#7426 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69318 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 07 November 2019 - 08:28 PM

https://blog.us.play...ts-ps-vr-today/

Beat Saber's getting a new pack of songs from Rocket League's soundtrack.

#7427 Ocelotri   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   33 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2019 - 04:01 AM

Sairento 29.99 + 6.66 coupon on product page at amazon.

https://www.amazon.c...deogames&sr=1-1

#7428 ets   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   680 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2019 - 02:24 AM

I was looking at the BF bundles and was wondering if anyone could share information on the games in the bundles. My biggest concern is that I want to play Astro Bot & Moss which have a bundle together, but does the Mega pack bundle have too much value to pass? 

Target/Best Buy: PlayStation VR Mega Pack bundle with five games - $199.99
Astro Bot: Rescue Mission
Resident Evil 7
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
Everybody's Golf VR
PlayStation VR Worlds

Kohls: PlayStation VR bundle with Astro Bot (Disc) and Moss (Voucher) w/ $60 Kohls cash - $199.99

Best Buy: Save $100 on Playstation VR Bundles
Playstation VR with Move controllers, and Everybody's Golf (Voucher) & Blood & Truth (Voucher) Bundle - $249.99
PlayStation VR Mega Pack bundle with five games Bundle - $199.99 
PlayStation VR with Trover (Game Voucher) & Five Nights at Freddy's (Voucher) Bundle - $199.99

#7429 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   624 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2019 - 03:16 AM

VR Worlds is like a $5 game at this point.  I'd bet Resident Evil is too.  I bought the Elder Scrolls bundle when it was new and never even opened that game before I sold it.  Everybody's Golf I wouldn't pay more than like $15 or $20 since it's just a barebones game, although the demo is pretty neat.  But it's like 3 courses and absolutely no online so it will get boring quick.

If it were me, I'd get the Kohl's bundle and use that $60 Kohl's cash to buy move controllers.  So you could basically get the Moss/Astro Bot bundle with 2 move controllers for $240 out of pocket.  

#7430 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1184 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:00 AM

I gather the "Mega Bundle" doesn't include controllers? Still, it's the better value if you break down the games. Here are the lowest (digital) prices according to PSPrices.com:

Astro Bot: Rescue Mission - $19.99
Resident Evil 7 - $14.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR - $21.59
Everybody's Golf VR - $29.99
PlayStation VR Worlds - $4.49

Moss - $14.99

The $60 Kohl's cash is good, plus saving $15 for Moss (assuming you're only interested in that and Astro Bot), but the Mega pack still has a fine assortment of games. And finding Move controllers will be a pain in the ass (I doubt Kohl's carries them), though you don't need it for any of those 6 games.

#7431 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6727 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2019 - 08:17 AM

VR Worlds is like a $5 game at this point. I'd bet Resident Evil is too. I bought the Elder Scrolls bundle when it was new and never even opened that game before I sold it. Everybody's Golf I wouldn't pay more than like $15 or $20 since it's just a barebones game, although the demo is pretty neat. But it's like 3 courses and absolutely no online so it will get boring quick.

If it were me, I'd get the Kohl's bundle and use that $60 Kohl's cash to buy move controllers. So you could basically get the Moss/Astro Bot bundle with 2 move controllers for $240 out of pocket.

RE7 has held value well. Especially the gold edition simply for the vr

#7432 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2230 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 13 November 2019 - 09:00 PM

Wow I just learned that PSVR can do 3d blu rays? Anyone ever try this?

My 3d tv just recently broke so maybe I don’t have to get rid of my 3d Blu ray collection after all...

#7433 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3587 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2019 - 09:12 PM

My 3d tv just recently broke so maybe I don’t have to get rid of my 3d Blu ray collection after all...

Mind blown.  Also highly skeptical.  Also slightly too lazy to research this right now.

#7434 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2210 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 13 November 2019 - 09:18 PM

It will work

#7435 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2230 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 13 November 2019 - 10:44 PM

hmmmm on sony's site it seems to indicate no:

https://support.play...?language=en_US

"Watching 3D Content

In Cinematic Mode, PS VR will display 3D games and films in 2D when playing on a 3D-compatible TV. When playing with non 3D-compatible TVs, PS4 won’t play 3D games and films."

Im going to have to try this when I get home. 

EDIT: theres plenty of youtube videos of people saying it works though. strange.

#7436 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:17 PM

Is that true?  Because I also got rid of my 3D TV and was bummed by not being able to watch my 3D movies any more, then it occurred to me that PSVR can play 3D movies.  Is that not the case?

#7437 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2837 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:36 PM

It can, it’s not bad. I went out and purchased a 3d movie just to see how it worked.

It’s not mind blowing, but it does work.

#7438 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3582 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:02 AM

It's a mixed result because there's separation that almost totally eliminates crosstalk and ghosting found in the active shutter 3D tvs. The downside is the 1080p image is downscaled to the 960 horizontal that the split image creates. I'm in the same boat as my Samsung is showing some bad white spots and their repair services appear to be non-existent.

#7439 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:30 AM

3D blurays on the PSVR is okay. You get depth, but things don't pop out of the screen very far. I only bought a few movies that I found for cheap. I didn't feel the need to build a 3D library.

I bought Jurassic Park, Predator, 300: Rise of an Empire, and Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. The first two served as a way to also upgrade my dvd copies to bluray, and the last two have Eva Green.

#7440 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2230 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:40 AM

I just tried it and it does indeed work. It’s actually pretty cool and really reminds me of sitting in a theater watching a 3d movie.

The only downside is the pop doesn’t feel THAT big and obviously the screen looks a bit pixelated.

Also I like watching movies with other people so not sure how much I’ll be using this, but if I don’t ever find a 3dtv at a thrift store it’s nice to see I don’t have to throw my 3d blu ray collection away.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playstation VR