* * * * - 13 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#7501 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1190 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 11:04 PM

cable got chewed by my pet

Before spending any money you might want to try fixing the wires. I’d think it would be worth a shot at least. If it fails to work you probably want to get a used v1 camera off eBay. They seem to run about half the price of the v2 and the only difference is aesthetics.

#7502 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   708 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2020 - 05:17 PM

Before spending any money you might want to try fixing the wires. I’d think it would be worth a shot at least. If it fails to work you probably want to get a used v1 camera off eBay. They seem to run about half the price of the v2 and the only difference is aesthetics.

Yeah there isn't really a reason you couldn't just fix this yourself if it's just the cable that got chewed up.  If there are a lot of little wires in there it may be tedious but just reconnecting wires is straight forward.

#7503 Tothoro  

Posted 24 June 2020 - 04:24 PM

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Pixel Ripped 1989 is on sale via Perp Games.

Standard: https://www.perpgame...andard-edition/

CE: https://www.perpgame...-pink-cassette/

Checkout process is weird if you're not in the UK (you have to send an email and get a PayPal invoice) but it seems like it's exclusive to them.

#7504 Metal Militia   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   686 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Metal Militia

Posted 29 June 2020 - 06:16 PM

Anybody else excited for Iron Man VR releasing this Friday?

#7505 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 29 June 2020 - 06:37 PM

Anybody else excited for Iron Man VR releasing this Friday?

I wasn't blown away with the demo so I'm on a wait and see.

#7506 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1011 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 06:59 PM

I wasn't blown away with the demo so I'm on a wait and see.

I was the opposite. I was looking forward to it though waiting for a sale, but the demo really impressed me. I have the game preordered.

#7507 Archaic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   547 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:23 PM

I was the opposite. I was looking forward to it though waiting for a sale, but the demo really impressed me. I have the game preordered.

I never preorder anything, but I agree that the game looks awesome, and I'll buy it at the first available sale.

#7508 Archaic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   547 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:24 PM

Anyone see anything on sale on the PSN store this week that's notable? They don't allow to filter through VR games this time, but I looked through and didn't catch anything. Wondering if I missed anything cool.

#7509 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1011 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:42 PM

I never preorder anything, but I agree that the game looks awesome, and I'll buy it at the first available sale.

Sure. I wanted the extra suits. 

#7510 The Masked Heel  

The Masked Heel

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:52 PM

Anyone see anything on sale on the PSN store this week that's notable? They don't allow to filter through VR games this time, but I looked through and didn't catch anything. Wondering if I missed anything cool.

Five Nights at Freddy's and Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners.

#7511 falsedichotomies  

falsedichotomies

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:02 PM

Any news on Disaster Report 4 getting some more stock or am I stucking paying scalper prices for it?

Figured once covid died down more copies would start popping up but that seems to not be the case.

#7512 RiPPn  

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:03 PM

I just got done with the first world in Astrobot. That game is soooooo cool!!  I really think a lot of people are missing out. 100 million PS4's out there and like only 6 million of them have PSVR. Far too low.

Astrobot is one of the best games I've played this gen including non VR games.  Even the Platinum was a blast to get.  Really hoping for a proper sequel and not that demo thing for the PS5.

#7513 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   708 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:46 PM

If you like Astrobot I highly recommend Moss if you haven't played it yet.

Those are the 2 "non obvious" VR games that are just mind blowing to me.

When I say non obvious I just mean like non scary/fps/beat saber type of thing.  Not that there is anything wrong with those at all, but just that Astrobot and Moss are something completely out of the box.

#7514 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2618 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:08 PM

+1 to those who love Astrobot

The ps5 demo looked more like a non-vr mario odyssey clone, which isn't nearly as interesting as a true VR sequel

Also I didn't care much for moss.  Found it to be very overrated.

#7515 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2672 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:53 PM

The PS5 one kind of has to be playable without VR since it comes with the console.

#7516 MaximusDM   What is a man!? CAGiversary!   451 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2020 - 07:11 AM

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Pixel Ripped 1989 is on sale via Perp Games.

Standard: https://www.perpgame...andard-edition/

CE: https://www.perpgame...-pink-cassette/

Checkout process is weird if you're not in the UK (you have to send an email and get a PayPal invoice) but it seems like it's exclusive to them.

"By ordering from this site,  you acknowledge you are a collector and the game is for your personal collection, not for opening and playing."

What the hell does that even mean? Are the games not playable? What will happen if I play it? Will the UK police come knocking at my door? The website says you can buy their games but not to open and play them.

#7517 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1318 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 01 July 2020 - 11:15 AM

I did not see anything like that on the website.

#7518 MaximusDM   What is a man!? CAGiversary!   451 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:05 PM

https://www.perpgame...ational-orders/

It has a page you need to fill out if you are not from the UK. That is where it says it.

#7519 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6453 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:58 PM

It has a page you need to fill out if you are not from the UK. That is where it says it.

I'm pretty sure they added that disclaimer because technically they are violating rating rules and restrictions that Sony puts on regions by selling European region games and non-ESRB rated games to US customers.  I suppose it doesn't apply with Pixel Ripped, but it certainly applies to their other releases.

#7520 Tothoro  

Posted 01 July 2020 - 11:08 PM

It's CYA language because PEGI games are only rated for distribution in Europe. If you're "just buying it for collecting" then the rating doesn't apply to you, because you're buying a box for your shelf and don't intend to consume the content on the disc. Not sure exactly how strictly it's monitored/enforced, but they're probably just trying to play it safe and not get slapped with a fine.

That page is for their store as a whole and they do have an ESRB version of Pixel Ripped according to the listing, but worst case scenario I get a PEGI copy in an ESRB box. I'm sure it's a big no-no for the ratings boards if that happens, but it's minimally impactful to me as a consumer.

#7521 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 01 July 2020 - 11:44 PM

I believe tomorrow is when the review embargo for Ironman VR ends.

#7522 danhoo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   245 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2020 - 04:29 AM

So is it even possible to get the VR starter pack (just headset and camera) new anymore, outside of eBay? 

#7523 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2672 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2020 - 04:47 AM

You would be hard pressed to find any bundle outside of the most current one (Iron Man out tomorrow). None of the mainstream VR headsets seem to be produced in enough quantity to sit on shelves very long.

#7524 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2411 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Indiana Jones

Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:57 AM

So is it even possible to get the VR starter pack (just headset and camera) new anymore, outside of eBay? 

You should just get the Iron Man bundle if you're thinking about buying one. Brand new, from a legit store in case something goes wrong, and you get everything you need.

Some stores still have the Blood & Truth and Everybody's Golf bundle for the same price if you'd rather have those games.

#7525 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 02 July 2020 - 03:57 PM

Iron Man VR is not getting good reviews.

#7526 Archaic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   547 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2020 - 04:21 PM

I'm seeing a lot of 7.5's. So probably not as strong a single-player game as, say, Walking Dead or Blood and Truth, but better than stuff like Operation Warcade and Batman VR.  

Just curious...for reference, what would you guys say your personal Top 5 PSVR games are? And decent games that you'd still recommend?

For me, the favorites are:
1. Superhot VR
2. Blood and Truth
3. Beat Saber
4. Walking Dead
5. Astrobot

Average games that I very much enjoy:
1. Blasters of the Universe
2. Dick Wilde 2
3. Box VR
4. Smashbox Arena
5. Crisis VRigade

It'll be interesting to see where Iron Man falls on that list. I *loved* the controls.

Iron Man VR is not getting good reviews.

#7527 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 02 July 2020 - 04:29 PM

I've read 3 reviews and all of them complain about the long load times and mediocre graphics and rather repetitive gameplay.

For the games you didn't list, Resident Evil 7 is amazing. I like Batman VR. I'd also recommend Tetris Effect and Moss that. I have like 8 psvr games waiting for me to play so there are definitely more good games out there. I also think PS Worlds is a must own game.

#7528 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1011 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:58 PM

I can see the graphics criticism, but at the same time, it's the PSVR. From the demo, I think they did a really good job with the graphics. Everyone knows the PSVR is the weakest VR platform for graphics and resolution. Load times suck, but a patch might help with that too down the line. I'm still excited for it. My copy is supposed to be delivered from Best Buy today, but I won't have time until tomorrow to play it anyway.

#7529 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 02 July 2020 - 06:20 PM

76 Metacritic so I stand corrected on my it's not getting good reviews comment. I thought the demo was lacking in graphics and load times and the fact that it still has long load times, sub par graphics and repetitive gameplay doesn't scream day one purchase for me.

I've seen some pretty darn looking psvr games like Astrobot, Moss, Resident Evil 7 etc. I think they definitely could have made it look better and you are right, he patch might be coming to make load times quicker but I might wait for a price drop. I do have a $10 off any purchase of $30 or more at GameStop with $15 in credit so I could be playing this game for a little over $15 if I wanted. Hmmm

#7530 bballplaya210   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

bballplaya210

Posted 02 July 2020 - 06:32 PM

For anyone that does get iron man, make sure to play it this weekend for the free iron patriot skin.

https://blog.playsta...-is-out-friday/