* * * * - 14 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#7561 RandomHabit   Dai-Gurren CAGiversary!   186 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

RandomHabit

Posted 12 July 2020 - 10:10 PM

I still don't have Ironman, but I also only have 1 wand controller. It's become impossible to find one for a decent price

#7562 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3014 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2020 - 04:36 AM

Superhot VR makes really good use of the equipment.

Moss is really fun. There's also Beat Saber and Resident Evil 7.

I really do not like the way you move (or rather don't move) in Doom VFR, but your tastes may be different.

Also, unless it's an AAA game, I like my VR games to be digital downloads so that I can just go from one game to the next. But that's just me.

I couldn't get into Doom either. Playing in VR made the game too hard. Kind of reminded me of trying to play Socom 4 or Resistance 3 with the PS Move Sharpshooter. It made it so much harder to control just for the sake of pointing a gun at the screen.

#7563 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1418 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 13 July 2020 - 11:08 PM

Argh! I didn't realize that Space Pirate Trainer was on sale at $15 last week. Today it's $22. Curses.

#7564 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1482 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2020 - 07:40 AM

Played a bunch of Astrobot for the first time tonight. Believe the hype people. It feels to me like if Nintendo made a VR Mario game and then it got reskinned with cuter and more likable characters

#7565 strangelove   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   199 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

strangelove

Posted 25 July 2020 - 04:39 AM

I have moss Grover and 5 nights at Freddy digital codes will trade ALL 3 for your 1 crusty iron man physical edition

#7566 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1066 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2020 - 12:24 AM

Just tried the Iron Man VR demo.  It's kinda "meh".  I thought it was cool flying around his house and stuff but then in the actual game it just felt wonky.  It's just tough to turn around and stuff in the game and just feels awkward to me.  Also shooting stuff doesn't feel as fun as I thought it would.

And Pepper not looking like Pepper in the movies and RDJ not voicing Iron Man just takes a lot out of it too.

#7567 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1158 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2020 - 01:32 AM

Just tried the Iron Man VR demo.  It's kinda "meh".  I thought it was cool flying around his house and stuff but then in the actual game it just felt wonky.  It's just tough to turn around and stuff in the game and just feels awkward to me.  Also shooting stuff doesn't feel as fun as I thought it would.

And Pepper not looking like Pepper in the movies and RDJ not voicing Iron Man just takes a lot out of it too.

It's not part of the MCU, so they wouldn't look/sound like the actors in the MCU. 

#7568 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1066 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2020 - 05:13 AM

It's not part of the MCU, so they wouldn't look/sound like the actors in the MCU. 

I didn't know that but none of that changes anything I said.  Still completely threw me out of it.

And whoever is playing Tony Stark is CLEARLY trying to sound like RDJ.  That doesn't help.  

#7569 thundarr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   681 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

thundarr

Posted 26 July 2020 - 12:24 PM

I didn't know that but none of that changes anything I said. Still completely threw me out of it.

And whoever is playing Tony Stark is CLEARLY trying to sound like RDJ. That doesn't help.

Is it the same guy from the Squaresoft Avengers game?

#7570 spoonTRex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   167 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

spoonTRex

Posted 26 July 2020 - 12:56 PM

Is it the same guy from the Squaresoft Avengers game?

It is not. Nolan North is voicing Tony Stark in the upcoming Avengers game, and while he's a really good VA, his Tony Stark sounds like Nathan Drake too much. Sounds less like a cocky genius and more like a class clown. (Probably not his fault; probably why he was hired, and was directed to be that way.)

#7571 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1158 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2020 - 01:31 PM

I didn't know that but none of that changes anything I said.  Still completely threw me out of it.

And whoever is playing Tony Stark is CLEARLY trying to sound like RDJ.  That doesn't help.  

A little. I think he sounds closer to Adrian Pasdar, who voices Tony Stark in the animated movies. I actually thought it was him until I looked up the voice actor.

#7572 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 03 August 2020 - 06:15 PM

Is the PlayStation Camera for PS4 compatible with PS5?

Yes, PlayStation Camera will work with PS5 for playing supported PS VR games. It will require a PlayStation Camera adaptor that will be provided at no additional cost to PS VR users. More details on how to get the adaptor will be announced at a later date.

#7573 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 05 August 2020 - 09:59 PM

I finally got around to playing Iron Man VR today. I'm not really enjoying myself. As it's pretty much universally known, the load times are bad. Really bad. They are also frequent and come at very strange times. Sequence breaking times. One of the first load times that take you out of the game occurs when you are falling out of the plane and you get your Iron Man suit. You should just keep on playing but no, you have to endure a loading screen and then you go back to the game. Unacceptable.

I'm also having a difficult time with the controls. During the time trials when you get your new ammo, I beat it in 4 minutes and struggled to do so and Friday is like can you beat it in 1 minute? I just laughed.

Currently at chapter 3 and am playing on hard and the enemies are killing me and I'm going to have to put it to normal because every time you die, you have to sit through such a stupid long load time. What's even more frustrating is when it says loading is done 100% you have to wait another 15 to 20 seconds and stare at a black screen. So the game isn't even done loading when it says it's done loading.

The developer gave an interview about this and basically said it's his fault and please just look past the long load times. Such a stupid excuse. I really hope I get a hang of the controls and I think putting it on normal or even easy and just getting this game over and done with will make it more enjoyable than dying a lot on hard mode and staring at long load times. Oh and the graphics are really lacking.

#7574 spoonTRex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   167 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

spoonTRex

Posted 05 August 2020 - 11:57 PM

I gave up on Iron Man VR. I really enjoyed the demo, but after getting Hong Kong (I think) and seeing graphics that made Zone of the Enders look current gen, coupled with the frustrations of both load times and controls, I just...haven't stuck the disc back in.

#7575 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1158 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 02:21 PM

Sounds like it's just not for you two. The load times were not bad for me, personally. I had one that was around 45 seconds, and every other load time was between 10 and 20 seconds. 

I wouldn't jump straight into Hard without getting a handle of the game first, since enemies come from every direction and on certain levels it's easy to get surrounded and pummeled.

But if you aren't getting a handle of the controls by now, I hesitate to think you will at all. I know for me, like most, I settled right into the controls. It felt natural. Every once in a while my hand wasn't angled enough for the weapon I wanted to fire, but I was flying around, making quick turns and avoiding things with ease.

I'll say this though: the dev times on the challenges are ridiculously low. I have a feeling those times were set towards the end of development after the devs had had a year or two of play testing under their belts. Even with my handle of the controls, I was still off the dev time on the very first challenge by a minute and a half after my first try, and I only let up on the boost once or twice.

#7576 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 06 August 2020 - 07:14 PM

Sounds like it's just not for you two. The load times were not bad for me, personally. I had one that was around 45 seconds, and every other load time was between 10 and 20 seconds.

I wouldn't jump straight into Hard without getting a handle of the game first, since enemies come from every direction and on certain levels it's easy to get surrounded and pummeled.

But if you aren't getting a handle of the controls by now, I hesitate to think you will at all. I know for me, like most, I settled right into the controls. It felt natural. Every once in a while my hand wasn't angled enough for the weapon I wanted to fire, but I was flying around, making quick turns and avoiding things with ease.

I'll say this though: the dev times on the challenges are ridiculously low. I have a feeling those times were set towards the end of development after the devs had had a year or two of play testing under their belts. Even with my handle of the controls, I was still off the dev time on the very first challenge by a minute and a half after my first try, and I only let up on the boost once or twice.

I call BS. I'm on a PS4 Pro and during the third chapter I had to wait 2 minutes and 20 seconds for it to load. Even if you are using an SSD there's no way you're cutting load times that much. Just dying and coming back to life takes an average of 50 seconds sometimes up to a minute and 20 seconds. I did seven tests and none of them were only 10-20 seconds. You're either misremembering or you aren't actually using a timer. Your concept of time is way off.

Chapter 4 you do that flight test and it took one minute and 15 seconds to load that up. I did absolutely horrible in the flight test 6 minutes and 57 seconds so I still don't have the flight controls down but loading back to the menu took 59 seconds. Not sure when you played last but boot the game back up and you'll see just how bad the load times are. Actually time them this time don't just guess because you're a terrible guesser.

#7577 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1158 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 08:05 PM

I call BS. I'm on a PS4 Pro and during the third chapter I had to wait 2 minutes and 20 seconds for it to load. Even if you are using an SSD there's no way you're cutting load times that much. Just dying and coming back to life takes an average of 50 seconds sometimes up to a minute and 20 seconds. I did seven tests and none of them were only 10-20 seconds. You're either misremembering or you aren't actually using a timer. Your concept of time is way off.

Chapter 4 you do that flight test and it took one minute and 15 seconds to load that up. I did absolutely horrible in the flight test 6 minutes and 57 seconds so I still don't have the flight controls down but loading back to the menu took 59 seconds. Not sure when you played last but boot the game back up and you'll see just how bad the load times are. Actually time them this time don't just guess because you're a terrible guesser.

I have never had waits that long. I played on launch day with the day one patch, on a Pro. And I did, I sat there and counted because I read/watched a few reviews before the game came out. But hanks for the condescension on counting and how time operates... I wasn't calling anyone out or criticizing them for the load times they experienced. I was just sharing my experience, because it's clearly not the same for everyone.

#7578 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 06 August 2020 - 10:23 PM

I have never had waits that long. I played on launch day with the day one patch, on a Pro. And I did, I sat there and counted because I read/watched a few reviews before the game came out. But hanks for the condescension on counting and how time operates... I wasn't calling anyone out or criticizing them for the load times they experienced. I was just sharing my experience, because it's clearly not the same for everyone.

How? How did your game load that much quicker than mine? If we both played on a Pro and you don't have a solid state drive, how is your game loading so much faster than mine and EVERYONE elses? I've watched several youtube reviews and they all mention bad load times and that they are between 45-90 seconds on average. How are you the only person experiencing 10-20 second load times? Did you beat the game? Played every level? You haven't played since launch day? Sure, some levels load faster than others but my god, none of them are as quick as 10-20 seconds like you claim. Hell, only 45 seconds would be welcomed which you claim that's the longest you've gotten. BS!

Check out this live stream I found.

Watch that and then come back here and post that your game is any different. 55:45 in he loads up chapter 6 and it takes over 2 min to load into the iron man suit. Get out of here with your I've never waited longer than 45 seconds and I only wait 15-20 seconds for my game to load crap.

#7579 guessed   Newbie CAGiversary!   8572 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2020 - 02:28 AM

Hidden gems sale has a few VR deals. Pixel Ripped 1989 is the lowest it has been at $5.99 (PS+ price). I will probably buy it. Shooty Fruity has matched its lowest historical price of $8.99, also tempting.

#7580 Razzel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   852 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2020 - 02:49 AM

Shooty fruity is one of my favorite psvr titles. Criminally underrated game

#7581 DarkGamer11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   537 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

DarkGamer11

Posted 27 August 2020 - 03:09 AM

Sold my gen 1 PSVR a while back after only playing a couple games, but picked up a gen 2 set over the weekend (great deal on FB marketplace). I already had Rush of Blood, Firewall Zero Hour, and VR Worlds on PSN. I picked up Trover and Blood and Truth from Walmart clearance, and Astro Bot from GS. Got a physical copy of Superhot from a pawn shop lol. Any other “must haves” that have come out over the past year or two? I’m looking at iron man, Vader, and Rez infinite. I played Astro Bot tonight and am having a great time with it so far!

#7582 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1066 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2020 - 12:25 PM

Sold my gen 1 PSVR a while back after only playing a couple games, but picked up a gen 2 set over the weekend (great deal on FB marketplace). I already had Rush of Blood, Firewall Zero Hour, and VR Worlds on PSN. I picked up Trover and Blood and Truth from Walmart clearance, and Astro Bot from GS. Got a physical copy of Superhot from a pawn shop lol. Any other “must haves” that have come out over the past year or two? I’m looking at iron man, Vader, and Rez infinite. I played Astro Bot tonight and am having a great time with it so far!

Moss

Beat Saber

Resident Evil 7

EDIT:

Sorry just saw you said over the past year or two.

#7583 Ocelotri   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2020 - 02:41 PM

If you have two moves, you have to play walking dead:saints and sinners.

#7584 hagz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   133 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2020 - 04:45 PM

Take it for what it's worth, but Walking Dead Saints and Sinners is up on Gamefly with a release date of 11/3/20.  I know this isn't an official confirmation of a physical release but it's possible.

#7585 DarkGamer11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   537 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

DarkGamer11

Posted 27 August 2020 - 04:55 PM

If you have two moves, you have to play walking dead:saints and sinners.

I do have two moves, I haven’t heard of this game actually I need to look into it!

#7586 Deadpool   I club baby seals CAGiversary!   2597 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2020 - 05:05 PM

Walking Dead game is great. Controls take a bit getting used to but they work surprisingly well and the game is a blast. 

#7587 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6463 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2020 - 03:06 AM

is there a beat saber physical copy?

#7588 Tothoro  

Posted 28 August 2020 - 05:30 AM

is there a beat saber physical copy?

Surprisingly, no.

#7589 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 28 August 2020 - 06:07 AM

Vader Immortal released.

#7590 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70923 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 07 September 2020 - 02:18 PM

https://blog.playsta...icks-off-today/

They're doing a PSVR Spotlight week with highlights of upcoming release, announcements, and other PSVR news.

https://blog.playsta...ort-this-month/

Minecraft is getting PSVR support this month.