* * * * - 13 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#7561 RandomHabit   Dai-Gurren CAGiversary!   181 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

RandomHabit

Posted 12 July 2020 - 10:10 PM

I still don't have Ironman, but I also only have 1 wand controller. It's become impossible to find one for a decent price

#7562 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2700 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2020 - 04:36 AM

Superhot VR makes really good use of the equipment.

Moss is really fun. There's also Beat Saber and Resident Evil 7.

I really do not like the way you move (or rather don't move) in Doom VFR, but your tastes may be different.

Also, unless it's an AAA game, I like my VR games to be digital downloads so that I can just go from one game to the next. But that's just me.

I couldn't get into Doom either. Playing in VR made the game too hard. Kind of reminded me of trying to play Socom 4 or Resistance 3 with the PS Move Sharpshooter. It made it so much harder to control just for the sake of pointing a gun at the screen.

#7563 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1059 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 13 July 2020 - 11:08 PM

Argh! I didn't realize that Space Pirate Trainer was on sale at $15 last week. Today it's $22. Curses.

#7564 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1204 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2020 - 07:40 AM

Played a bunch of Astrobot for the first time tonight. Believe the hype people. It feels to me like if Nintendo made a VR Mario game and then it got reskinned with cuter and more likable characters

#7565 strangelove   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

strangelove

Posted 25 July 2020 - 04:39 AM

I have moss Grover and 5 nights at Freddy digital codes will trade ALL 3 for your 1 crusty iron man physical edition

#7566 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   710 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2020 - 12:24 AM

Just tried the Iron Man VR demo.  It's kinda "meh".  I thought it was cool flying around his house and stuff but then in the actual game it just felt wonky.  It's just tough to turn around and stuff in the game and just feels awkward to me.  Also shooting stuff doesn't feel as fun as I thought it would.

And Pepper not looking like Pepper in the movies and RDJ not voicing Iron Man just takes a lot out of it too.

#7567 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1021 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2020 - 01:32 AM

Just tried the Iron Man VR demo.  It's kinda "meh".  I thought it was cool flying around his house and stuff but then in the actual game it just felt wonky.  It's just tough to turn around and stuff in the game and just feels awkward to me.  Also shooting stuff doesn't feel as fun as I thought it would.

And Pepper not looking like Pepper in the movies and RDJ not voicing Iron Man just takes a lot out of it too.

It's not part of the MCU, so they wouldn't look/sound like the actors in the MCU. 

#7568 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   710 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2020 - 05:13 AM

It's not part of the MCU, so they wouldn't look/sound like the actors in the MCU. 

I didn't know that but none of that changes anything I said.  Still completely threw me out of it.

And whoever is playing Tony Stark is CLEARLY trying to sound like RDJ.  That doesn't help.  

#7569 thundarr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   570 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

thundarr

Posted 26 July 2020 - 12:24 PM

I didn't know that but none of that changes anything I said. Still completely threw me out of it.

And whoever is playing Tony Stark is CLEARLY trying to sound like RDJ. That doesn't help.

Is it the same guy from the Squaresoft Avengers game?

#7570 spoonTRex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   150 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

spoonTRex

Posted 26 July 2020 - 12:56 PM

Is it the same guy from the Squaresoft Avengers game?

It is not. Nolan North is voicing Tony Stark in the upcoming Avengers game, and while he's a really good VA, his Tony Stark sounds like Nathan Drake too much. Sounds less like a cocky genius and more like a class clown. (Probably not his fault; probably why he was hired, and was directed to be that way.)

#7571 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1021 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2020 - 01:31 PM

I didn't know that but none of that changes anything I said.  Still completely threw me out of it.

And whoever is playing Tony Stark is CLEARLY trying to sound like RDJ.  That doesn't help.  

A little. I think he sounds closer to Adrian Pasdar, who voices Tony Stark in the animated movies. I actually thought it was him until I looked up the voice actor.

#7572 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted Yesterday, 06:15 PM

Is the PlayStation Camera for PS4 compatible with PS5?

Yes, PlayStation Camera will work with PS5 for playing supported PS VR games. It will require a PlayStation Camera adaptor that will be provided at no additional cost to PS VR users. More details on how to get the adaptor will be announced at a later date.