* * * * - 14 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#7801 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20343 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2021 - 03:12 AM

Gun Club VR worth trying for $6?

#7802 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1577 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2021 - 07:14 AM

Has anyone found an alternative to using Littlstar (now called Rad) for watching 3D videos on their psvr? I’ve been having all sorts of trouble with my files not showing up when using it. I’m getting really fed up with it and customer service is not helping. Plus, it would be nice not to have to pay a subscription fee just to watch stuff I already own

#7803 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71190 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:31 PM

#7804 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1195 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2021 - 01:30 PM

I'm in a hurry, so I can't post links, but Skyrim VR and Doom VFR are $10 at Best Buy. That's by far the cheapest Skyrim has ever been anywhere.

#7805 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13464 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2021 - 01:58 PM

I'm in a hurry, so I can't post links, but Skyrim VR and Doom VFR are $10 at Best Buy. That's by far the cheapest Skyrim has ever been anywhere.

Skyrim VR was $3.99 during the Deep Discount clearance sale, but I have a feeling not many people were able to get in on that.  My order for it was canceled during that sale. 

#7806 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1195 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2021 - 03:17 PM

Skyrim VR was $3.99 during the Deep Discount clearance sale, but I have a feeling not many people were able to get in on that.  My order for it was canceled during that sale. 

Yeah I wasn't even aware of that.

#7807 Vice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   115 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2021 - 02:29 PM

This is a bit of generic advice, but whenever Sony does their seasonal digital sales, it pays to just go the sale section in the store and see what you like.

I literally have to hold myself back because there’s multiple VR games I’ve been meaning to play or never heard of that look cool for, often times, $5-10.

#7808 Chocoburger   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   437 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Chocoburger

Posted 22 May 2021 - 03:19 PM

Is PS VR still being manufactured? Best Buy and Amazon don't have it in stock at MSRP at the moment. I don't want a used one, I'd rather pay more for it to be new. Prices are really high on ebay, bidding wars are likely to go over MSRP, so if this is the end of the production run, I'm going to pull the trigger and get one now.

Was really hoping for it to go on sale last Black Friday, oh well. Any thoughts, should I just go for it?

#7809 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1577 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2021 - 04:23 PM

I have not seen any news that psvr is being discontinued. That being said, it’s probably not being manufactured right now either. With computing components being such a premium resource right now, I’d imagine they are just putting all their manufacturing efforts on the ps5 for now

#7810 Chocoburger   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   437 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Chocoburger

Posted 22 May 2021 - 05:33 PM

I have not seen any news that psvr is being discontinued. That being said, it’s probably not being manufactured right now either. With computing components being such a premium resource right now, I’d imagine they are just putting all their manufacturing efforts on the ps5 for now

Well crap, Target had them in stock for shipping, but they just sold out right before I bought it. Only one store has it in stock and its a 40 minute drive. Fuck me! Oh well, I'll go for a drive, it'd be nice to get out of the house for a bit.

Target has a 90 day return policy if its sealed, so I'll hold onto it and wait a bit before opening it up. And I just bought the Aim controller with Firewall as well. I love light gun shooters such as Virtua Cop and Time Crisis, so I hope this is close to being as fun as that!

#7811 Sielanas  

Posted 23 May 2021 - 07:28 PM

Well crap, Target had them in stock for shipping, but they just sold out right before I bought it. Only one store has it in stock and its a 40 minute drive. Fuck me! Oh well, I'll go for a drive, it'd be nice to get out of the house for a bit.

Target has a 90 day return policy if its sealed, so I'll hold onto it and wait a bit before opening it up. And I just bought the Aim controller with Firewall as well. I love light gun shooters such as Virtua Cop and Time Crisis, so I hope this is close to being as fun as that!

It's not. As someone that has had multiple light guns over the years, it doesn't scratch that itch but it comes close. Without a discount during the March sale, next flagship sale is usually September? 

#7812 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6177 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2021 - 07:44 PM

At this point why on earth would you not just wait for the PSVR 2? It’s already been confirmed to be in development, will have controllers that are actually designed for VR, and much much better hardware. As someone that owned and sold PSVR v2, it’s fun, it’s alright … but it’s nowhere near the top of the line experience of current competitors. Just let it go and wait for the next revision, even if it’s not discontinued.

#7813 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3071 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2021 - 08:35 PM

PSVR2 is a long ways off. Probably a year at least if not next holiday so they might as well track one down now to play the current games. There's no telling how many of them will get "free" PSVR2 updates and it's possible that the ones that require the move controllers won't work at all.

#7814 Chocoburger   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   437 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Chocoburger

Posted 23 May 2021 - 10:46 PM

It's not. As someone that has had multiple light guns over the years, it doesn't scratch that itch but it comes close. Without a discount during the March sale, next flagship sale is usually September? 

"Comes close" is good enough I suppose. I have 5 SD CRT TVs and over 30 light guns for various systems, so if I want "the best shooting experience" then its always ready to go. There may not be anymore new PS VRs made by the time September comes around.

At this point why on earth would you not just wait for the PSVR 2? It’s already been confirmed to be in development, will have controllers that are actually designed for VR, and much much better hardware. As someone that owned and sold PSVR v2, it’s fun, it’s alright … but it’s nowhere near the top of the line experience of current competitors. Just let it go and wait for the next revision, even if it’s not discontinued.

I'm aware of PS VR2 and that it is going to be a far superior experience. Here are my reasons:

1) I don't need PS VR 2 right away, just like I didn't need PS VR 1 right away. I was hoping to pick up PS VR 1 at a nice discount, but it may not happen at this point, and since I wanted one brand new, I had to jump for it now as opposed to over MSRP on ebay.

As of this moment:
Best Buy sold out.

Amazon sold out, but a third party seller has it slightly over MSRP.

Target MSRP (they just restocked it today). I bought mine at Target with a 10% discount coupon, so slightly under MSRP.

2) I doubt all PS VR 1 games will work on PS VR 2. Sony in current times doesn't care about putting effort into legacy support outside of easy BC which is standard PS4 titles. As Tyrok stated, only a few (if any) PS VR 1 games will be patched to work on PS VR 2.

3) Even though I own an PS5, I also own a PS4 and PS4 Pro, and still wish to play VR games on those older systems.

4) I had always planned on owning both PS VR 1 and PS VR 2. I enjoy purchasing and trying out unique or quirky gaming peripherals. Last year I purchased a brand new Famicom 3D System, why? Because I wanted to try it out for myself. Was it worth it? No way!

#7815 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1380 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 23 May 2021 - 11:09 PM

I’d look at it like this: You waited allllll this time to get a psvr. What was the point in waiting if you’re just going to pay full msrp now? Usually people wait for a cheaper price, and it’s been cheaper, several times.
If you didnt mind waiting this long for psvr1, what’s the difference of waiting another year or two for psvr2? I cant imagine its going to cost too much more than what you’re willing to spend on the old joint right now. I also cant imagine that it wont be backwards compatible with the current psvr stuff anyway. Assuming impatience isn't a contributing factor, there’s literally no reason to not be a little more patient and get the better unit in a year or two. (I’d be surprised if it was more than a year out).

#7816 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6177 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2021 - 11:44 PM

I’m just saying, unless there’s a “must have” list of PSVR games you absolutely can’t live without playing, I would personally wait or grab a Quest 2 or some other newer headset. Having owned and played a number of PSVR games, there’s not a lot that’s must play and isn’t done better elsewhere. Plus, they’ve already said that PSVR games will be compatible with PSVR 2, so no reason not to wait and save some money. Edit - Hasn’t been fully confirmed, but there’s speculation many will be since they’ve kept compatibility on the PS5 for v1 games. Either way, most of the PSVR stuff just isn’t mind blowing compared to newer VR titles. Just my 2 cents … also worth noting that Sony is terrible at support for older tech after they release new versions … examples being PS Vita, PS Eye, the move controllers to an extent …

#7817 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1117 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2021 - 12:11 AM

As someone who owns about 15 light gun arcade games, I'd say comparing arcade light gun games to Farpoint with Aim is apple to oranges.  They are just completely different and IMO scratch different itches.

Farpoint isn't on rails at all.  Every light gun game I own is either on rails or it's some sort of gallery shooter.  They are just completely different experiences and IMO, not really comparable.  

But as mentioned, if you wanted Farpoint + Aim to scratch your light gun itch, it's not going to do it.   They are just different.

#7818 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3071 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2021 - 11:15 PM

I’d look at it like this: You waited allllll this time to get a psvr. What was the point in waiting if you’re just going to pay full msrp now? Usually people wait for a cheaper price, and it’s been cheaper, several times.
If you didnt mind waiting this long for psvr1, what’s the difference of waiting another year or two for psvr2? I cant imagine its going to cost too much more than what you’re willing to spend on the old joint right now. I also cant imagine that it wont be backwards compatible with the current psvr stuff anyway. Assuming impatience isn't a contributing factor, there’s literally no reason to not be a little more patient and get the better unit in a year or two. (I’d be surprised if it was more than a year out).

Sony hasn't made the PSVR in large quantities in a long time so there wasn't really going to be a need to "clearance" them off. I haven't seen a single one in my store since before the holidays so they might have quietly discontinued it or are just waiting for a game big enough to justify a new bundle.

#7819 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1380 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 25 May 2021 - 06:04 AM

I wasnt referring to clearance (though Walmart clearanced out a few Christmas bundles over the years), I meant regular ass sales. The unit was $200 several times.

#7820 Sielanas  

Posted 26 May 2021 - 05:26 AM

The next Days of Play event is now so I whiffed on that call, but I'm not seeing anything with psvr hardware. Seems a signal it may indeed be harder to find now.

#7821 ostynb   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   33 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2021 - 05:47 AM

I saw a full priced psvr bundle at my walmart last week, so they are still around. I live out in the boonies so maybe check your rural areas on brickseek.

#7822 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1577 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2021 - 06:52 PM

Who can comment on Vacation Simulator? I had Job Simulator but luckily I had it on disc and was able to sell it when I was done. I had a blast with it, but it was also one of my earliest VR titles, so I could be a bit more forgiving on things, and was just more in awe of being in a VR world. How does VS compare? Is there any replay value, how is the tracking, etc?

Edit: the question was sparked by the fact that VS is currently on sale for $20 as part of the indie sale https://store.playst...ACATIONSIMULATR

#7823 spoonTRex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

spoonTRex

Posted 04 June 2021 - 09:53 PM

Who can comment on Vacation Simulator? I had Job Simulator but luckily I had it on disc and was able to sell it when I was done. I had a blast with it, but it was also one of my earliest VR titles, so I could be a bit more forgiving on things, and was just more in awe of being in a VR world. How does VS compare? Is there any replay value, how is the tracking, etc?

Edit: the question was sparked by the fact that VS is currently on sale for $20 as part of the indie sale https://store.playst...ACATIONSIMULATR

I haven't played it yet, but I watched my son play it. It seems like it has a lot more variety of activities compared to Job Simulator. Same humor, so if you liked Job Simulator I'm sure you'll like Vacation Simulator, too.

#7824 Archaic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   564 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2021 - 10:30 PM

As someone who owns about 15 light gun arcade games, I'd say comparing arcade light gun games to Farpoint with Aim is apple to oranges.  They are just completely different and IMO scratch different itches.

Farpoint isn't on rails at all.  Every light gun game I own is either on rails or it's some sort of gallery shooter.  They are just completely different experiences and IMO, not really comparable.  

But as mentioned, if you wanted Farpoint + Aim to scratch your light gun itch, it's not going to do it.   They are just different.

I completely agree with this. There are many, many lightgun-esque games on PSVR (VRigade 1 and 2 probably being the best...and I'd say that even Blood and Truth *almost* counts) but games like Arizona Sunshine and Farpoint are much more FPS than they are lightgun games.

#7825 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 26 June 2021 - 11:46 PM

Brought my PS5 and PSVR over to a friends last week. It was his first time with the VR but he has a PS4. He started researching games and he started listing games and experiences that I used to have on my PS4 but don't on my PS5. There was a whole app/program with VR movies like diving underwater and going through a safari but I can't find them on my PS5. Are those apps/experiences going to be coming to PS5 or will I no longer be able to play/watch them ever again? I suggested hooking up my PSVR to his PS4 but he says he will just buy his own.

#7826 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1117 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2021 - 09:50 PM

They showed Moss 2 in the State of Play today.  That game is going to be incredible!  Too bad no release date so probably next year.

#7827 kmitchell28   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   196 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

kmitchell28

Posted 09 July 2021 - 01:46 AM

They showed Moss 2 in the State of Play today. That game is going to be incredible! Too bad no release date so probably next year.

https://youtu.be/dmrbsPbg3v4

This is very exciting. I adored the first game and really was thinking that we weren’t going to get book 2.

#7828 Cybernator  

Cybernator

Posted 09 July 2021 - 10:03 PM

Sniper Elite VR (PSVR)

Scope out this Sniper Elite VR footage: https://www.rockpape...e-vr-12-minutes

I thought this game was released yesterday but the PlayStation store reflects “To be confirmed”. Did Rebellion delayed it for the PS4?

Anyway, I think that other game developers should follow suit with their release of their dormant rail shooter franchises on VR. Especially, with the interactivity and the overall game mechanics of the PS VR Aim Controller which was well utilized in Farpoint. Konami should transition their Silent Scope rail shooter series and Police 911 or Police 24/7 into virtual reality. Sega can also apply the same VR treatment to Confidential Mission, The House of the Dead, and Virtua Cop. Bandai Namco Entertainment has Time Crisis which could also benefit from a VR experience. It seems that the only game that has a first-person on-rails light gun shooter for PS4 is the MARS Starter Pack Big Buck Hunter Arcade.

Also, those coin-operated arcade shooters that never saw a release on consoles such as Sega's Rambo (2008) light gun shooter, Atari’s Area 51/Maximum Force, Capcom's Dino Stalker, Ninja Assault (Sega and Namco), Sega's Jurassic Park Arcade, Namco's DeadStorm Pirates, Razing Storm, and Vampire Night, Transformers Human Alliance, Aliens: Armageddon, etc. Well perhaps some may not be adequate for VR but if its architecture gameplay mechanic is developed like Blood & Truth then the result can be possible.

#7829 thundarr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   741 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

thundarr

Posted 10 July 2021 - 12:07 AM

Sniper Elite VR (PSVR)

Scope out this Sniper Elite VR footage: https://www.rockpape...e-vr-12-minutes

I thought this game was released yesterday but the PlayStation store reflects “To be confirmed”. Did Rebellion delayed it for the PS4?

Anyway, I think that other game developers should follow suit with their release of their dormant rail shooter franchises on VR. Especially, with the interactivity and the overall game mechanics of the PS VR Aim Controller which was well utilized in Farpoint. Konami should transition their Silent Scope rail shooter series and Police 911 or Police 24/7 into virtual reality. Sega can also apply the same VR treatment to Confidential Mission, The House of the Dead, and Virtua Cop. Bandai Namco Entertainment has Time Crisis which could also benefit from a VR experience. It seems that the only game that has a first-person on-rails light gun shooter for PS4 is the MARS Starter Pack Big Buck Hunter Arcade.

Also, those coin-operated arcade shooters that never saw a release on consoles such as Sega's Rambo (2008) light gun shooter, Atari’s Area 51/Maximum Force, Capcom's Dino Stalker, Ninja Assault (Sega and Namco), Sega's Jurassic Park Arcade, Namco's DeadStorm Pirates, Razing Storm, and Vampire Night, Transformers Human Alliance, Aliens: Armageddon, etc. Well perhaps some may not be adequate for VR but if its architecture gameplay mechanic is developed like Blood & Truth then the result can be possible.

Agreed 100%!

#7830 zebular   OG Gamer CAGiversary!   763 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2021 - 01:16 AM

Sniper Elite VR (PSVR)

Scope out this Sniper Elite VR footage: https://www.rockpape...e-vr-12-minutes

It's there... maybe just a small hiccup? Who knows... either way I'll be checking it out.
https://store.playst...NIPERELITEPVR01