* * * * - 11 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#2101 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:40 AM

Thanks bro really appreciate. Actually i am not going to watch movies it will be only for gaming and i hardly play games only 1hr per day.I can sacrifice little bit of resolution for the sake of screen size. It's impossible for me to afford another led :(.

You would be better off playing a normal game on a 24-32" HDTV than you would playing it on the PSVR cinematic mode.  I love my PSVR, but cinematic mode is worthless.  It does NOT make you feel like you are playing on a big screen TV.

#2102 bgame2   Pure Cag Smoothness CAGiversary!   3496 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:11 PM

You would be better off playing a normal game on a 24-32" HDTV than you would playing it on the PSVR cinematic mode.  I love my PSVR, but cinematic mode is worthless.  It does NOT make you feel like you are playing on a big screen TV.

I have a 120" projection screen that I sit about 8 feet from.  My vision has always been crappy.  That screen size allows me to see things I never could before.  In cinematic mode, I feel like I have to struggle to see on the screen because your point of view/perspective is too close to the display.  

Looking to slowly build a youtube channel.   Any help is appreciated.

#2103 R3DH3R0   13 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2655 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:31 PM

Newegg being greedy: http://www.ebay.com/...0QAAOSwcgNZGvrl

Edit: They lowered it to $89.99, was $99.99. Still over MSRP for farpoint.

Formerly aTaRiFrEaK223

#2104 smokiebear   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

smokiebear

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:57 PM

After playing 1 hour of Farpoint with the aim controller i actually like it. Idk how everyone else plays it but i play standing to make use of crouching and turning myself at some points. Other then a slow start but i say thats needed to get yourself acclimated to playing.

#2105 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2936 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:09 PM

After playing 1 hour of Farpoint with the aim controller i actually like it. Idk how everyone else plays it but i play standing to make use of crouching and turning myself at some points. Other then a slow start but i say thats needed to get yourself acclimated to playing.

You can turn on smooth turn using the thumbstick in options. It ups the movement intensity and might cause a little VR motion sickness. IGN said it's likely necessary for Co-op because in those cases it's more critical to track and hit everything and apparently things can actually come from behind.

#2106 smokiebear   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

smokiebear

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:29 PM

You can turn on smooth turn using the thumbstick in options. It ups the movement intensity and might cause a little VR motion sickness. IGN said it's likely necessary for Co-op because in those cases it's more critical to track and hit everything and apparently things can actually come from behind.

Thanks fir the tip and ill try that tonite.

#2107 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:15 AM

I have a 120" projection screen that I sit about 8 feet from.  My vision has always been crappy.  That screen size allows me to see things I never could before.  In cinematic mode, I feel like I have to struggle to see on the screen because your point of view/perspective is too close to the display.  

You are right.  It doesn't feel like you're watching a big screen.  It feels like you're just sitting extremely close to a normal screen.  I could get the same effect sitting 6 inches from my HDTV, minus the HD.

#2108 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11105 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:04 AM

I played about 2 hours and ive really enjoyed it so far. Feels like Starship troopers the VR game.

Deader2818.png

#2109 smokiebear   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

smokiebear

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:26 PM

I played about 2 hours and ive really enjoyed it so far. Feels like Starship troopers the VR game.

If there was a Starship Troopers game thats day one buy! Imagine getting in the drop ship to your doomed base.

#2110 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   2782 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:23 PM

Just ordered the Farpoint Aim Bundle for store pick up at Best Buy. I've been looking for a reason to get back into VR after not really playing anything since January. Hoping this is as fun as I hope, the Aim controller looks like a great time itself so I hope we get more games supporting it soon. 

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Tekken 7 & Farpoint VR |  :xb1: Skyrim |  Switch Cave Story + & Ultra Street Fighter 2 | SNES Bonkers

#2111 were8kosh  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:25 PM

Just ordered the Farpoint Aim Bundle for store pick up at Best Buy. I've been looking for a reason to get back into VR after not really playing anything since January. Hoping this is as fun as I hope, the Aim controller looks like a great time itself so I hope we get more games supporting it soon. 

its pretty fun. I would suggest playing first time with controls on default then turn on smooth turning. default works very well for moving and shooting and it feels more natural in the world but you cant turn around fully. with smooth turning you can turn around but give me a little motion problem standing. but its way less then any other movement done in a vr game by a long shot.

#2112 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   2782 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:52 PM

its pretty fun. I would suggest playing first time with controls on default then turn on smooth turning. default works very well for moving and shooting and it feels more natural in the world but you cant turn around fully. with smooth turning you can turn around but give me a little motion problem standing. but its way less then any other movement done in a vr game by a long shot.

I went straight for the smooth turning and so far it hasn't bothered me at all. Farpoint is some of the most fun I have had in VR yet, definitely glad I picked it up. I'd say Farpoint is a must-have for PSVR owners. This is the game they should be demoing PSVR, I had my dad try the game and he absolutely loved it.

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Tekken 7 & Farpoint VR |  :xb1: Skyrim |  Switch Cave Story + & Ultra Street Fighter 2 | SNES Bonkers

#2113 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   64888 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:25 AM

There's a new deal on a PSVR game on PSN:

Mervils: A VR Adventure - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 5/30

Haven't played it, so I can't offer impressions.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#2114 dios   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2369 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:31 AM

That sounds pretty cool. But I heard its 5 hours long, does it have online multiplayer?

It looks fun, but is it $80 fun? Seems like a steep investment for a short game.

Looking for DLC codes for your games? Rare Pre-Order dlc content that isn't available anymore? Full game digital downloads? Come check out my thread for great deals before hitting up the PSN or XBL Marketplace!  Physical games and Swag for sale too!

https://www.cheapass...add-on-content/

#2115 SmoothJazz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   738 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:28 AM

Thanks to both of you and now i changed my mind and thanks for saving $400 :).

#2116 Gdogg   Scarlett Johansson's future ex-husband CAGiversary!   422 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:58 AM

Can someone tell me if Farpoint has captions/subtitles?   I'm hard of hearing so I need them to understand what's going on in video games. 

TIA

#2117 Finch106   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   545 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:14 PM

It has coop. Once you start getting into the game, the next time you start you can choose Coop from the menu. There's 5 missions you can pick from. They're story missions, but you choose them from the menu and go from there so I recommend playing through the game first, or prepare for spoilers because you can play them in any order from that menu.

#2118 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:57 PM

That sounds pretty cool. But I heard its 5 hours long, does it have online multiplayer?

It looks fun, but is it $80 fun? Seems like a steep investment for a short game.

In co-op mode, you and your partner can attack each other.  Not a designated mode, but some people find it fun.

#2119 bgame2   Pure Cag Smoothness CAGiversary!   3496 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:43 AM

Any replayability on the single player or not really?   After not really getting my money's worth out of my psvr (due mainly to annoying cables and mild motion sickness), I'm not sure I want to shell out another $70ish for a 5 hour experience and peripheral that I'm unlikely to use again.

Looking to slowly build a youtube channel.   Any help is appreciated.

#2120 were8kosh  

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:41 AM

Any replayability on the single player or not really?   After not really getting my money's worth out of my psvr (due mainly to annoying cables and mild motion sickness), I'm not sure I want to shell out another $70ish for a 5 hour experience and peripheral that I'm unlikely to use again.

about the same as a light gun game for replay. i am a light gun fan so i really enjoy what i have played sofar. as far as motion sickness goes i find movement to be natural for the most part. out of all the games i played i find this ones done it the best sofar. i think the price for a well built gun and new game was well worth it, its the first vr game that i dont mind hooking cables up to play,

#2121 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4035 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:39 AM

There's a new deal on a PSVR game on PSN:

Mervils: A VR Adventure - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 5/30

Haven't played it, so I can't offer impressions.

Mervils has its charm, but the VR isn't anything insane. $10 would be a better price, however, $15 is good if you're desperate to play a new VR game.  

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#2122 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2687 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:30 PM

Farpoint thoughts:

• Aim Controller is neat, tracking is about perfect save a few exceptions.
  • Easy to get spun around so I recommended smooth turning to get yourself straightened out. Was facing 90 degrees away at first on many occasions and having a hard time with the gun until I turned on smooth tracking.
  • The story has some interesting moments, surprisingly.
  • Environments are pretty drab. Takes a few missions for the enemies to get a little more interesting.
  • Overall I recommend it to those who are fans of VR. People who know its strengths and and can accept its limitations can appreciate it. I don't think this will be the the "a-ha!" game for those who don't have VR or are tepid about VR.

I don't think this was supposed to be a killer app, but there was quite a marketing push for it at least. Overall I'd have to say that I am left a bit...disappointed. Right now I'm in that 5.5 or 6/10 range. I don't judge those who are feeling it's a "9" or whatever. I'm interested enough in finishing up the last mission or two that I have left and working towards the platinum but may back away from it if there's a challenge. Don't get me wrong, I like being challenged, but if I'm not having fun then I'm out. Conversely, sometimes a challenge presented from a mediocre game can be fun sometimes too, so we'll see.

Here are some spoiler-laden thoughts about the game too. If someone wants to reply or chime in feel free to give your spoiler tagged thoughts too if you finished the main story:

Spoiler

DPeqf.png

#2123 Finch106   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   545 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:07 PM

Smooth turning is a stomach churner, do not recommend if you're just starting. I do small step, which is clicky turning which is fine since you can rotate your physical body for the most part, but smooth is D:

#2124 Stormedtrooper   Say no to Halo. CAGiversary!   1603 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Stormedtrooper

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:55 AM

Yeah smooth turning is more realistic visually but my stomach doesn't like it much, even as as I try to persevere.

#2125 DurbanBrown   to the MOON CAGiversary!   1605 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

DurbanBrown

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:39 AM

I turned smooth turning up to 11 right away. I don't mind it at all... It seems like the most normal way to play for me.

#2126 MachRay   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   132 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:52 AM

Got my psvr today using the 15 off $100 gift card deal on eBay.

Tried out summer lesson and thought it was pretty good but lacking a bit of content. I only played a week and most of the time watched my friend play.

I also got job simulator and batman vr. I didn't realize you needed the move controllers so I bought a couple used at game stop.

The danganronpa demo was awesome but shorter than I thought. It was amazing seeing the characters up close and vr seems really good with anime characters.

Same thing with project diva x. I'll have to get the vr lives.

Kinda disappointed with the resolution especially with apps like YouTube and 360vr or whatever that Japanese app is.

Just wish there was a mmo vr like sword art or mine craft vr, but will soon get re biohazard.

#2127 EveningNewbs   ! CAGiversary!   471 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

EveningNewbs

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:21 PM

Smooth turning is a stomach churner, do not recommend if you're just starting. I do small step, which is clicky turning which is fine since you can rotate your physical body for the most part, but smooth is D:

Small step is the best. If you need to turn around, just turn your body. The tracking is good enough that it still works fine. I tried large step too, but it was too disorienting. I had no idea which direction I was facing in relation to where I was before.

14594.png

#2128 simpsonps121  

simpsonps121

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:33 PM

Youtube 360...  

Just a suggestion - look to download videos from the internet...  I found a couple of ones that were amazing...  I wish I could remember where they came from.  One was of a waterfall...  another was of a roller coaster.  I think they were 4K or something.  Downloading them - was a big file, but it really was impressive.  Not the grainy stuff available on Youtube.  

#2129 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   64888 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:25 PM

Two new sales on PSVR games are up today:

Dirt Rally Plus PlayStation VR Bundle - $34.99 - 50% Off - $20.99 - 70% Off - Ends 5/30

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration - $35.99 - 40% Off - $29.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/30

The other active sale for PSVR games right now:

Mervils: A VR Adventure - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 5/30

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#2130 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:33 AM

I finally got to play a couple of games in my backlog tonight - Moonshot Galaxy and Gunjack.

Moonshot Galaxy is definitely going to take some getting used to. I got a 46 on a par 30 course on my first game. It's a fun game, I'm just going to have to learn how to play it better.

Gunjack is really where it's at though. I picked this up last month when it was on sale for $3.99. I can't believe I waited so long to play it! I did not have very high expectations for this game, but it turned out to be a blast. I should have bought this game a long time ago. I strongly recommend it to anyone who enjoys space shooters.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playstation VR