- Aim Controller is neat, tracking is about perfect save a few exceptions.
- Easy to get spun around so I recommended smooth turning to get yourself straightened out. Was facing 90 degrees away at first on many occasions and having a hard time with the gun until I turned on smooth tracking.
- The story has some interesting moments, surprisingly.
- Environments are pretty drab. Takes a few missions for the enemies to get a little more interesting.
- Overall I recommend it to those who are fans of VR. People who know its strengths and and can accept its limitations can appreciate it. I don't think this will be the the "a-ha!" game for those who don't have VR or are tepid about VR.
I don't think this was supposed to be a killer app, but there was quite a marketing push for it at least. Overall I'd have to say that I am left a bit...disappointed. Right now I'm in that 5.5 or 6/10 range. I don't judge those who are feeling it's a "9" or whatever. I'm interested enough in finishing up the last mission or two that I have left and working towards the platinum but may back away from it if there's a challenge. Don't get me wrong, I like being challenged, but if I'm not having fun then I'm out. Conversely, sometimes a challenge presented from a mediocre game can be fun sometimes too, so we'll see.
Here are some spoiler-laden thoughts about the game too. If someone wants to reply or chime in feel free to give your spoiler tagged thoughts too if you finished the main story: