* * * * - 11 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#2791 grandepolloloco   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

grandepolloloco

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:16 PM

Anyone pick up Paranormal Activity?

I did and it is fantastic. Most terrifying experience I've had in VR so far. I was planning to play last night but I chickened out. Well worth the purchase price. Puts RE7 to shame when it comes to being flat out scary.

#2792 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4340 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:30 PM

RE7 is so fucking scary for me, I feel like my hearts gonna explode. My best friend had been coming over to play and I would watch, but he passed away a few months ago and I've been to scared to carry on his torch and finish the game.

StudentofTruth.png

#2793 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:34 PM

I'd love to get Paranormal Activity, but I just don't like the idea of moving around without an analog stick.

#2794 mywhitenoise   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1217 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

mywhitenoise

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:38 PM

RE7 is so fucking scary for me, I feel like my hearts gonna explode. My best friend had been coming over to play and I would watch, but he passed away a few months ago and I've been to scared to carry on his torch and finish the game.

Damn dude, that game scared him to the point of giving him a heart attack?  I wouldn't want to finish the game either!

Posted Image

#2795 grandepolloloco   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

grandepolloloco

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:20 PM

I'd love to get Paranormal Activity, but I just don't like the idea of moving around without an analog stick.

It takes a little bit of getting used to but honestly I love using the move controllers with it. Using a flash light with one hand while opening a door with the other really adds to the overall feeling of it. Then you run out of batteries and only have a lighter in pure darkness... 

#2796 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   764 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:50 PM

So how do you actually move around the environment.  Please don't let it be teleporting. :(

Last Six Years of Completed Games: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.

#2797 grandepolloloco   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

grandepolloloco

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:06 PM

So how do you actually move around the environment.  Please don't let it be teleporting. :(

Nope, Square on the Left move controller will move you forward. X on the left controller will make you move backward. Where you turn your head is the direction you will start to move toward but you also have buttons on the right move controller that will turn you about 45 degrees in either directions roughly. I believe X and O. The control scheme is not an easy one to get the hang of but it really does work quite well once you do and I completely understand why they did it. Like I mentioned before you are holding a flash light in one hand and opening doors with the other. Also when your flash light runs out you have to manually put the batteries in by selecting them from inventory with your free hand and putting them into the bottom of the flashlight. If any of you do pick this one up make sure you are wearing headphones because the sound is fantastic.

Now that I think about it I haven't felt one bit of nausea/eye strain in about 2 hours of straight gameplay which is odd considering I could only play RE7 for about 45 to an hour clips. Not sure what the difference is. 

#2798 rwerries   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   87 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

rwerries

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:15 PM

Farpoint bundle in stock at bestbuy

#2799 mywhitenoise   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1217 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

mywhitenoise

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:22 PM

No shipping option, can't pick up in store.

Posted Image

#2800 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66374 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:34 PM

My GameStop order arrived within about an hour of getting the BB email about the pick-up being ready, so I'll have to do the return tomorrow and pick-up after that.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#2801 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:31 AM

It takes a little bit of getting used to but honestly I love using the move controllers with it. Using a flash light with one hand while opening a door with the other really adds to the overall feeling of it. Then you run out of batteries and only have a lighter in pure darkness... 

Ha, maybe I should get it.  It may be good practice for when Skyrim comes out.

#2802 FSUTampa  

FSUTampa

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:41 AM

Thank you. I picked one up for shipping for 63.99 after gcu.

#2803 grandepolloloco   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

grandepolloloco

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:06 AM

Ha, maybe I should get it.  It may be good practice for when Skyrim comes out.

I highly recommend it.. I just played again and made it about 15 minutes before I literally screamed out loud. This is the only game that has ever made me do that. Now my wife won't stop harassing me lol. I told her she is going to be giving it a try in the near future.

#2804 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2689 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:09 AM

I highly recommend it.. I just played again and made it about 15 minutes before I literally screamed out loud. This is the only game that has ever made me do that. Now my wife won't stop harassing me lol. I told her she is going to be giving it a try in the near future.

Thanks for your input. The controls actually sound pretty good. I was worried that it was all telaporting. I'm most likely going to pick it up while it's still on sale.
bleedingwicked.png

#2805 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2304 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:48 PM

Does Paranormal Activity actually have combat of any kind or is it more of an "Experience"? Can you die in the game? 

joshTX.png

#2806 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66374 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:16 PM

Made a video on Darknet, which is a pretty cool puzzle hacker game:

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#2807 grandepolloloco   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

grandepolloloco

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:17 PM

Does Paranormal Activity actually have combat of any kind or is it more of an "Experience"? Can you die in the game? 

Yes you can die but there is no real "combat". It's a lot of puzzles and trying to figure out certain things in a big creepy house with all sorts of bad things going on around.

I've swung my hands around in attempt to hit things coming at me at least 4-5 times in pure fear.. go go gadget flashlight combat! 

#2808 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1420 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:56 PM

Is Starblood Arena worth $12?

#2809 grandepolloloco   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

grandepolloloco

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:03 PM

There is a demo out there for it which was just recently released.

#2810 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1420 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:55 PM

There is a demo out there for it which was just recently released.

Yeah I'm asking someone who had access to all of the modes and has experienced the online landscape. The ARMS demo was trash. It wasn't a good representation of the full game... which is pretty good.

#2811 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2768 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:48 PM

Disc version has been $10/$8 GCU in the recent past.

DPeqf.png

#2812 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1420 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:54 PM

Disc version has been $10/$8 GCU in the recent past.

Cool. Amazon has it for $11.80 right now used.

#2813 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66374 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:32 PM

https://blog.us.play...n-september-12/

Manifest 99 is coming to PSVR on 9/12:

#2814 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1532 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:38 AM

Does the farpoint bundle include a move controller? Or is it the housing for it and the game only?

The Aim controller is it's own unique thing. It has joysticks so a regular move controller wouldn't have worked

#2815 dinovelvet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3583 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

dinovelvet

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:26 PM

Farpoint is great. The part where you get to the giant spider/crab boss is amazing and an awe-inspiring sight, you have to tilt your head up just to be able to see the size of this thing

They need to hype this game & the aim controller more. Throw it in a bundle with the VR headset.

#2816 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11145 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:27 PM

Ugh you guys are making me want to buy it now. I really need to start playing my PSVR more, I have a huge collection of physical games already from all the sales too.

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#2817 TheNAC   Yo, It's The NAC! CAGiversary!   123 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:05 AM

Job Simulator VR back in stock for $7.99 at BestBuy with GCU

TheNAC.png

#2818 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11145 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:17 AM

Job Simulator VR back in stock for $7.99 at BestBuy with GCU

Perfect timing thanks. Target royally fucked up my instore pickup order there from like 2 weeks ago and it just finally cancelled this morning

EDIT: Nevermind.....they randomly sent an email an hour later saying they couldnt verify my information and now its sold out? I just ordered stuff on there in the past couple days too.....

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#2819 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2304 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:02 PM

Starblood Arena physical copies are down to $10 now on Amazon. I'm not sure if this is a permanent price drop or if they are just matching someone else's sale price. 

joshTX.png

#2820 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1420 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:48 PM

Glad I waited. Got Starblood for free with Amazon credit. Now job simulator need to drop to $10 on Amazon too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playstation VR