So who has the best showing @ E3 show so far?

I'll give Nintendo the award for best kept secret. Microsoft gets the award for, wait, weren't all of those games supposed to come out 12 months ago? And Sony gets the award of, hey, we're the industry leaders, watch us wow. I think that the best showing is Nintendo, b/c they are showing both a new handheld system, and many games on the showfloor. Microsoft gets second b/c Bungie developers are gods, and any extra footage that I see makes me drool. (Come on fanboys, attack my statements like none other!)

Yeah, Nintendo kicked some major butt. But damn, that PSP is going to kick soooo much ass.

I can't wait to get my grubby little mitts on the Zelda game, though.

Zelda alone puts Nintendo over the top. I nearly crapped myself looking at the screenshots yesterday. Also I was surprised at the amount of software support the DS is already getting. Mario 64 x4 and the new side scrolling Mario only make things all the better.

Its about %$#@*# time that Nintendo starts making some head way. Its been 2 1/2 years since the console has been out and they still trail their leaders PS2 and Xbox.
Its great news for the customer to see Nintendo continuing to be a great 3rd option; this competition is only going to make gaming for all 3 platforms get better...that means PS2, Xbox and GC should continue providing creative games for all of our entertainment for many more years! :p 8) :D

Nintendo. With the unvailing of the "surprisingly not crappy but actuallu kinda cool" DS and the "Remember Spaceworld?" Zelda discovery they have the best of show award so far. Seeing all those dev's talking so highly about the DS made me smile. It looks like they WANT to do something special, and in cooperation with nintendo, they now can.

MS is next for me, mainly cause of Conker. Everything else IS nice...but they've all been known about for a while.

Sony. Yet again, no real surprsies game wise...and im not all too impressed with the PSP. I own a Pocket PC, so music and Movies (and emu...) in my pocket are nothing new. Graphics wise im impressed...but, and this may not sound right, its too ps2 like. i want a handheld that feels different from its tv counterpart. GBA and DS are so different than what you can buy on any other system that it feels new.

Even though everyone else got dissapointed, The Matrix Online and PSUniverse show good times ahead. Of course, id be saying otherwise if i hadnt of gotten my powered up laptop a month ago.

I would agree that Nintendo had the best showing. I'm not a huge fan of handhelds, but the GC line looks stellar, especially Zelda.

[quote name='E-Z-B']Much better than four-player Pac-Man last year. :roll:[/quote]

LOL...i really did "Forget that Completely", as i swore i would :)

Man, Nintendo did things right. I've been waiting so long...like the rest of you. I haven't owned a handheld since the original GameBoy (not a big fan of them), but the DS has even me excited...Good thing its summer...more work = more money = more games in a few months...

I like Nintendo what big N has in stock(Zelda, anyone) and the DS looks cool but MS has all the games I want right now(Halo 2, Fable, KOTOR 2, Jade Empire, Conker, etc., etc.....?)

So for me it's MS then Nintendo(The PSP looks like a F#$cking Ps2)

"MS is next for me, mainly cause of Conker." -Wshakspear

Hopefully this time around with xbox live the multi gets some more exposure. The n64 was kick ass, but pretty much went un-noticed :(

nothing like hopping on the .50 caliber machine gun and blowing away a few mice :p

[quote name='mememe']"MS is next for me, mainly cause of Conker." -Wshakspear

Hopefully this time around with xbox live the multi gets some more exposure. The n64 was kick ass, but pretty much went un-noticed :(

nothing like hopping on the .50 caliber machine gun and blowing away a few mice :p[/quote]

God, i loved sniping those innocent Squirell refugees as a Tediz.

im going to hell for that one.

Seriously, the capture the flag type multiplayer games were brilliant. loved'em. the tank one, not so much. I just cant wait to see the look of the Matrix Spoof, Let alone the singin poo :)

Yeah sniping mice playing beach is where it @ for me.

I loved conkers, the singing poo was great, Good GFX .But a victim of bad timing none the less:(

The Zelda footage was cool, but it wasn't that long, and as for someone stating

Microsoft gets the award for, wait, weren't all of those games supposed to come out 12 months ago

I am fairly sure you are goin to be seeing the zelda game next year at e3 as well..

Besides the psp, I wasn't all that impressed with sony, nintendo had several games with footage that kept me interested. Microsoft I think took the cake, with gettin ea on live, and yes a lot of the games were from last year, but they should all be out this year, and look better then the last year pictures..

Nintendo took the cake on biggest suprise, but I think msft had a strong showing with games that were expected, and should be out this year. Sony played it safe, and pushed the psp, which looks great as does the DS

[quote name='Kaijufan']Nintendo has had a great E3. They really made up for last year's show.[/quote]

They will never make up for pacman as the killer app

yeah I'm really impressed with nintendo, MS seems to be just want more hype for a bunch of games that we have been waiting a long time for. And the PSP is still too far away and still has too many question marks to make me drool over it.

Maybe I will buy a gamecube after all, but I know for sure I'm getting a DS.

[quote name='ryanbph']The Zelda footage was cool, but it wasn't that long, and as for someone stating

Microsoft gets the award for, wait, weren't all of those games supposed to come out 12 months ago

I am fairly sure you are goin to be seeing the zelda game next year at e3 as well..

Besides the psp, I wasn't all that impressed with sony, nintendo had several games with footage that kept me interested. Microsoft I think took the cake, with gettin ea on live, and yes a lot of the games were from last year, but they should all be out this year, and look better then the last year pictures..

Nintendo took the cake on biggest suprise, but I think msft had a strong showing with games that were expected, and should be out this year. Sony played it safe, and pushed the psp, which looks great as does the DS[/quote]

Yes, we'll probably be seeing Zelda again next year at E3, but Nintendo did not state a release date for THIS year. Microsoft's game lineup has been postponed repeatedly. Fable? (I'm extremely hyped for this game, but I was supposed to buy it almost two years ago.) Halo 2? (Where did holiday 2003 or April 2004 go?) And Conker? (Oh wait, Rare is working on it...) Anyway, I enjoy the Xbox and many of the developers, and I hope that they take the time needed to make jaw-dropping games. Please just don't get me hyped for a fake release date.

Nintendo. Other than the big "if" which is the PSP, Sony doesn't have much to get excited about for PS2 if you ask me. So I'd say...

1. Nintendo
2. Microsoft
3. Sony
4. Infinium Labs
Last. Nokia (surprise!)

[quote name='alongx']Best: Nintendo
Worst: Sega[/quote]

For sure Sega had the worst, i expected a alot more games from them.

Nintendo easily with the Zelda announcement and with the new Metroid. Also it seems to me they really turned peoples impression of the DS around 180. When they first announced it I remember many people pronouncing it the next N-gage and writing it off in favor of the PSP. Now it seems people like the concept and Nintendo showed much stronger support than I think most expected.

Also what ended up being sega's big announcement? I am too lazy to look it up.

Best company of show?
Nintndo with the DS, two new Zelda games, Metroid Prime 2, Advance Wars.... Nintendo had the show by the balls.

however...

Most fun game of show?
Katmaridamashi for PS2.
it was the most fun i've had at the whole show...
it was like Monkey Ball + Pikmin + JSRF.
AMAZING!

Biggest embarrasment?
the Phantom. Honestly... it froze on me twice at the demo... and the unit is twice as big as an Xbox.
terrible.

I was impressed with the Phantom. The keyboard hybrid is amazing.

Best booth goes to Microsoft. You'll have to be a fool not to be impressed with the lineup. Definitely the best this year.

Game of show: Halo 2. This will definitely be game of the year. I wish I could have played it all day long.

The Metal Gear Solid 3 trailer is amazing, but the show still goes to Nintendo

I am still waiting on Halo 2 to come out and get great reviews from all the hype, and then people realize how much it sucks. Conker was ok, but the collect a thon with the money was annoying and if they stick that in the new game I will not buy it. was really disappionted with Rare for not showing a new Killer Instinct

[quote name='pinballwiz2004d']Its about %$#@*# time that Nintendo starts making some head way. Its been 2 1/2 years since the console has been out and they still trail their leaders PS2 and Xbox.
Its great news for the customer to see Nintendo continuing to be a great 3rd option; this competition is only going to make gaming for all 3 platforms get better...that means PS2, Xbox and GC should continue providing creative games for all of our entertainment for many more years! :p 8) :D[/quote]

If you really wanna get technical with stats, the Gamecube is actually second worldwide. X-Box is third. The PS1 outsells the X-Box in Japan. (To this day!)

bread's done
Back