$15 code with $150 E gift card purchase @ best buy/coinstar ($15 codes comes later and only available for week & a half)

LonelyBacteria

CAGiversary!
Max 3. very limited time to use the $15 codes. Purchase the cards 9/25-10/8 and the $15 codes are only available 10/23-11/5. Might be good for someone though.

https://bestbuy.cashstar.com/gift-card/buy/?ref=P10T12R102&loc=BODY&CampaignID=810347&SubscriberID=169189554&eut=1592916951

Copied from site:

$15 Savings Code Offer:
Valid 9/25/16-10/8/16 online only.
$15 savings code will be provided via e-mail on 10/22/16 for use toward a future purchase made from 10/23/16-11/5/16.
Maximum of 3 $150 e-gift card purchases during promotion time period per customer and savings codes will be sent via e-mail in $15 increments.
Valid e-mail address must be associated to account to receive savings code.
Savings code may be redeemed online and in store. Not valid if order is canceled.

Shoot, I was thinking of using the $15 code on a Battlefield 1 preorder but it comes out on October 21. Would be a great deal if you got it right away - if I remember right, buying gift cards from Coinstar means you get reward zone points? Thanks for the info, OP. Maybe there'll be something to buy down the line but I'll give it a miss for now.

Shoot, I was thinking of using the $15 code on a Battlefield 1 preorder but it comes out on October 21. Would be a great deal if you got it right away - if I remember right, buying gift cards from Coinstar means you get reward zone points? Thanks for the info, OP. Maybe there'll be something to buy down the line but I'll give it a miss for now.
You can't wait until the 23 to play battlefield?

Yes.

There's a place to enter your MyBB account number when checking out and entering payment info.

You can't wait until the 23 to play battlefield?
NO I CAN'T :p

Battlefield 1 is part of the $10 rewards promo if you have GCU - if I'm mistaken and they still give you the promo if you buy the game two days after it's out, great. Far as I know though, you have to preorder to get it. I don't want to miss out on getting $10 back waiting for the promo code to get here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Battlefield 1 is part of the $10 rewards promo if you have GCU - if I'm mistaken and they still give you the promo if you buy the game two days after it's out, great. Far as I know though, you have to preorder to get it.
All you have to do is put down a $5 deposit in-store to pre-order BF1 and qualify for the $10 bonus.

Don't pick up the game until the 23rd when you have the $15 gift card

Go fulfill your pre-order in-store on the 23rd and you can use the $15 gift card and get the $10 bonus.

Will these also be emptied out after you purchase them?
c8e.gif

Here, buy this $150 gift card and in 2 weeks, you will get a $15 code that expires in less than 2 weeks. Somewhere out there, Hubert Joly is hoping that email with the $15 code gets lost in your spam folder.

fuck you Best Buy lol
It almost feels like they want you to buy the $150 gift card and forget about the $15 code.

I tried to enter my BB GC in the credit card area. Doesn't work, and there's no other place to enter the GC info. That would've been the only way I'd go for this. Oh well.

Here, buy this $150 gift card and in 2 weeks, you will get a $15 code that expires in less than 2 weeks. Somewhere out there, Hubert Joly is hoping that email with the $15 code gets lost in your spam folder.

fuck you Best Buy lol
It almost feels like they want you to buy the $150 gift card and forget about the $15 code.
... Yes, that is the exact premise. But even if you forget, it's not like you're losing money. And can't you just use the code on another GC asap?

Will these also be emptied out after you purchase them?
These are sold by Cashstar -- the ones where people lost their balance were sold by Paypal Digital on eBay (Paypal didn't protect GCs from online searches)

If you're worried then you can always buy something and return it at a store so that the GC balance is put on a physical GC -- I did that with my BB GCs from Paypal

fuck you Best Buy lol
If its the same as previous offers then the savings code is like a regular GC but with an exp date -- you should be able to buy something during the 2 weeks and return it for a refund on a regular BB GC if you have nothing to buy

If the savings code gets lost in your spam or you can't find it then you can still access it -- just enter your email here: https://bestbuy.cashstar.com/self_service/register/

Has anyone payed with gift cards on this? I've done so in the past but not sure if you can now.
These are sold by Cashstar (not BB) so you can't use BB GCs on it -- they never accepted BB GCs as payment in the past since they're not a part of BB (its a separate company)

You can enter your BB rewards ID during checkout to earn reward pts

bread's done
Back