- - - - -

[Deal Expired] Save $25 On Any IndieBox Subscription

indie game indie free subscription indiebox collectors edition trial free trial

#1 IndieBox  

IndieBox

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:20 PM

Hey CAG and thank you for approving this promotion, David.

I'm Kara, the Community Manager for IndieBox. I've been a longtime lurker and this is my first post! We want you to try us out, so we are running a CAG exclusive promotion for a free month of IndieBox! That's a free big-box Collector's Edition. We have never done a promotion this big (we hardly even offer discounts) and we're super excited to be here sharing it with you.

IndieBox is your monthly introduction to a new indie game (or a rekindling of love for a classic). We create Collector’s Edition boxes, inspired by the indie games you love, which include custom designed figures, plushes, and replica items you can't find anywhere else.

How to redeem:
  1. Head over to www.theindiebox.com
  2. Select the subscription plan of your choice*
  3. During the registration, and before you submit the order, enter promo code: CHEAPINDIEGAMER

When you sign up your first box will be for October's game. It has not been announced yet (look for the announcement next week) and will ship at the end of October. This promotion is limited to first-time subscribers, one per household, and will only be available for a limited time. Really, just no cheating. We want to be able to share this with as many people as possible and there are only 350 total promotional subscriptions available.

I will be monitoring this forum, so if you have any questions let me know in the comments :)

*Voucher is valued at $25 (one month of IndieBox), but can be redeemed within any length subscription (1, 3, 6, or 12 months). The promotional price of $25 will be subtracted from the total. Valid payment method is required and will begin a recurring subscription with IndieBox based on the plan you choose. Not valid on merchandise sold at store.theindiebox.com. Shipping is not included.

Edit 1: Wanted to clarify on a question that was asked in the thread: We specialize in PC Collector's Editions. Each box includes the Steam key as well as a DRM-free physical copy of the game.

Edit 2: Really close to running out! Will probably be out of codes by the end of the night :O

Edit 3: Will be back at 10AM EST to continue answering questions in the thread. Thank you guys for all of your support! :)

Edit 4: And we're back! Good morning!

Edit 5: All the keys are gone!!!

Edit 6: Late-comers! Use code "TAKE10" to save 10% on any subscription :D

#2 beingageek   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   69 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

beingageek

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:27 PM

Fantastic, I'm a big fan of the other "crates" out there. I've signed up. I'm willing to give you guys a try and welcome to the community! 

#3 IndieBox  

IndieBox

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:32 PM

Fantastic, I'm a big fan of the other "crates" out there. I've signed up. I'm willing to give you guys a try and welcome to the community! 

Happy to be here and hope we impress you with what we got :)

#4 geekstop711  

geekstop711

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:32 PM

So wait, for the first box it is only $4?

#5 IndieBox  

IndieBox

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:35 PM

So wait, for the first box it is only $4?

Yep! That is, if you live in the US. The first box is free, you just need to pay for shipping (which is $4 for domestic customers and a little more for our international subscribers) and applicable taxes or local fees (some international shipments will be charged: VAT, import fees, etc).

#6 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4208 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:40 PM

when is cancellation allowed? If I signed up for 1 month, would I still need to pay for some number of months afterward before I could cancel?

#7 IndieBox  

IndieBox

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:43 PM

when is cancellation allowed? If I signed up for 1 month, would I still need to pay for some number of months afterward before I could cancel?

You can cancel any time after your subscription initial has been processed from your account page. Since this is for October's box, you have until November 15th to cancel, if you singed up for a 1 month sub, before you get charged again.

#8 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:44 PM

Awesome! Been meaning to try this out. Hope October is a Halloween themed or horror game. Hint hint hint 😉

#9 Miker525  

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:47 PM

For what amounts to $4 to give this a try sure. I usually try and stay away from these monthly subscription things, but hey. You hooked me in for now. Now let's see how I actually like it! 

#10 R3DH3R0   15 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2868 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:48 PM

Nothing for current subscribers? Can't make a new subscription with the code. :[

#11 Deliciouspinto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1367 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Deliciouspinto

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:49 PM

Sweeeeeet, i love these Sub-Boxes.

Just subbed for one month, after that i'll see if ill wait and do it again.

Thanks for the Promo!

#12 IndieBox  

IndieBox

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:49 PM

Awesome! Been meaning to try this out. Hope October is a Halloween themed or horror game. Hint hint hint

Hmmm. Depends on how you define horror... We will announce the game next Monday, but will be teasing it tomorrow during our live Q&A stream ;)

#13 R3DH3R0   15 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2868 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:50 PM

Double post, please delete.

#14 IndieBox  

IndieBox

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:51 PM

For what amounts to $4 to give this a try sure. I usually try and stay away from these monthly subscription things, but hey. You hooked me in for now. Now let's see how I actually like it! 

Welcome! The cool thing about us is we send you a game every month and not just a box of random stuff! #shamelessplug ;)

#15 IndieBox  

IndieBox

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:56 PM

Nothing for current subscribers? Can't make a new subscription with the code. :[

Awww... Sorry you can’t participate in this deal. :(

It is only for brand new subscribers that have not tried us out before. But since I don’t want you to feel left out, I went ahead and made another promo code that you can have! Use "TAKE10" for 10% off. Thank you for your support <3 <3

#16 anarchyburger   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1312 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

anarchyburger

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:59 PM

This is awesome, I love other "crate" sites and am happy to try something new. Thanks Kara!

#17 yamayama   •• Professional Beta Tester •• CAGiversary!   618 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:01 PM

You can cancel any time after your subscription initial has been processed from your account page. Since this is for October's box, you have until November 15th to cancel, if you singed up for a 1 month sub, before you get charged again.

How long does the process take? We have to cancel sometime in October?

#18 IndieBox  

IndieBox

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:03 PM

How long does the process take? We have to cancel sometime in October?

Just a few minutes.

#19 IndieBox  

IndieBox

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:04 PM

This is awesome, I love other "crate" sites and am happy to try something new. Thanks Kara!

Thank you! Can't wait to show off what we have planned for October :)

#20 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1880 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:05 PM

Shipping kills it.

Just kidding.  This is awesome.  I'll try my $4 month and see how it goes.

#21 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4208 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:09 PM

Okay, I'll bite.

Subbed for one month; looking forward to seeing how your bundle fares.

#22 IndieBox  

IndieBox

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:11 PM

Okay, I'll bite.

Subbed for one month; looking forward to seeing how your bundle fares.

:D/

#23 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4371 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:15 PM

Got in on 1 month subscription. If I like what I get I'll keep the subscription going. All the best in any case.

#24 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7948 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:17 PM

Can't view the site at work but I guess this is only for PC user correct?

#25 IndieBox  

IndieBox

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:19 PM

Got in on 1 month subscription. If I like what I get I'll keep the subscription going. All the best in any case.

Welcome to the family! We announce the game each month at the beginning of the month and leave orders open until the 18th, so you have plenty of time to decide if you want to stick around for November <3

#26 IndieBox  

IndieBox

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:21 PM

Can't view the site at work but I guess this is only for PC user correct?

Yes! We do PC Collector's Editions for indie games which include the Steam key as well as a physical DRM-free copy. I will edit the post to clarify that. Thanks for commenting :)

#27 jkimrey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2000 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:38 PM

Are the games usually for any age ranges?

Wonder if most of the games would be appropriate for my son (12 years old)...

#28 Traitorious   Shunts to the face CAGiversary!   535 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Traitorious

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:38 PM

Always wanted to try one of these sub-boxes.  Can't hurt to try it out for one month with this promotion and see if it's worth continuing!

#29 IndieBox  

IndieBox

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:41 PM

Are the games usually for any age ranges?

Wonder if most of the games would be appropriate for my son (12 years old)...

Most of the games we ship are appropriate for kids and adults. If we were to ship a game we thought wouldn't be appropriate for someone under 12 we would notify our subscribers :)

#30 IndieBox  

IndieBox

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:41 PM

Always wanted to try one of these sub-boxes.  Can't hurt to try it out for one month with this promotion and see if it's worth continuing!

Hey awesome! Glad we could help you achieve your dream of trying out a subscription box. Let me know if you have any questions :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: indie game, indie, free, subscription, indiebox, collectors edition, trial, free trial