- - - - -

[Deal Expired] Save $25 On Any IndieBox Subscription

indie game indie free subscription indiebox collectors edition trial free trial

#61 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:13 AM

Boy am I happy that the color palettes of 2006-2010 are dead.

Good things Gears 4 is here to revitalize it!

#62 Takeru   Zensoku Zenshin... CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:16 AM

Definitely caught my attention. I subbed. 

#63 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30712 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:17 AM

Hey! Thanks for your support. Glad you love the service. We were sad to see them go, but think the changed we made increase the quality and overall feel of the boxes. Have you received your The Stanley Parable box yet? If so, you'll see what I'm talking about ;)

Yeah, I got the Stanley Parable. Pretty good box, and the case is a lot better than the Hand of Fate paper case the month before. Not much of a PC gamer though (I play most everything on PS4 and just subscribe to the box cuz I'm a huge indie fan) so I just really enjoyed the USBs as collectibles, never actually tried to use them to play a game with.

#64 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9274 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:27 AM

In for one. Hard to imagine I'll be disappointed unless it's Dear Esther.. Please don't be Dear Esther.

I also got a friend to sign up, but she's a Mac user. Can you confirm whether or not the October game is playable on Mac?

#65 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:39 AM

In for one. Hard to imagine I'll be disappointed unless it's Dear Esther.. Please don't be Dear Esther.

I also got a friend to sign up, but she's a Mac user. Can you confirm whether or not the October game is playable on Mac?

Well Booby requested it so I guess we have to do Dear Esther for October.

#66 ThaEvilGenius   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

ThaEvilGenius

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:51 AM

I signed up for 1, thanks. Hope its not a game I already own on Steam though haha. 

#67 spoderman  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:56 AM

Did someone say Dear Esther?? Can't w8, almost bought it on XBL for $8!

#68 Deliciouspinto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1367 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Deliciouspinto

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:57 AM

Once you're subscribing, you get to choose your platform (Windows or Mac) in guessing that's how they'll know which code to send to who.

#69 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9274 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:07 AM

Once you're subscribing, you get to choose your platform (Windows or Mac) in guessing that's how they'll know which code to send to who.

99% of Steam games are Steamplay, meaning you don't have to buy more than once to have it on multiple OS. I think the sole exception is CoD: Black Ops.

#70 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2863 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:18 AM

Usually these kinds of subscription services are either full of cheap shitty garbage (lootcrate) or games I wouldn't take for free (humble monthly) but the past boxes actually seem to be almost uniformly good games. So hell, I'm in for at least one month. Probably more if this isn't a fuckin horror game.

#71 davidmt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   612 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:42 AM

Looks like all the codes have been claimed:  I just tried and got this message "This code did not match any active gift card or discount. Was it entered correctly?"

#72 chaosbob86   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   227 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:23 AM

Looks like all the codes have been claimed:  I just tried and got this message "This code did not match any active gift card or discount. Was it entered correctly?"

I just signed up with the code and it worked

#73 spoderman  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:38 AM

Usually these kinds of subscription services are either full of cheap shitty garbage (lootcrate) or games I wouldn't take for free (humble monthly) but the past boxes actually seem to be almost uniformly good games. So hell, I'm in for at least one month. Probably more if this isn't a fuckin horror game.

Honestly whatever game it is will probably be something I own, but I'm ok with that. I'm mostly in it for the contents, which look pretty solid. Some of the previous games came with SNES style controllers which I thought was a nice touch. Can't really go wrong for $4. Two of the games they've done are top tier and still hold value + haven't been bundled (Axiom Verge, Shovel Knight), but I'm not expecting to get something like that with our first month.

#74 HelloooNurse  

HelloooNurse

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:35 AM

My first foray into the collectible box world and Steam games. For this price, I'll try a month to see how it goes. 

Spoiler

#75 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:50 AM

My best hope is it would be for a game I actually liked (even if I already owned it) so I would at least have a cool looking box to take a selfie with.  I really wish it would be themed months (I mean it just makes sense to do horror in October) and I'm honestly put off by the whole appropriate for all ages bit since it makes it less likely it would be something I like.  Maybe they should have a kids box and an adult box.  There just seems to be too many good indie games that would get skipped because of it.  

I know Lootcrate is doing a horror themed box this month and it's the first time I'm doing them for the same reason.  

#76 zlatour   Banned Banned   1785 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:24 PM

I'm honestly put off by the whole appropriate for all ages bit since it makes it less likely it would be something I like.

This is one of the dumbest comments I've ever read.

#77 Pengy99  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:32 PM

For $4 I guess I am in. Going to have to amaze me to keep a $25/mo sub though. 

#78 jasondm300  

jasondm300

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:44 PM

I'm in for a taste of randomness.  $4 is pretty awesome and if I like it, I'm still in for next month.  Thanks

#79 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:53 PM

Yes, it is really dumb that I like horror games and shooters and both tend to be rated T and up and therefore would not be appropriate for all ages. Yes, that is really dumb. You must not read much.

#80 Pengy99  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:56 PM

For being here since 2007 you don't read much.

EDIT: I has been outfoxed by Fox.

#81 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2863 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:03 PM

Honestly whatever game it is will probably be something I own, but I'm ok with that. I'm mostly in it for the contents, which look pretty solid. Some of the previous games came with SNES style controllers which I thought was a nice touch. Can't really go wrong for $4. Two of the games they've done are top tier and still hold value + haven't been bundled (Axiom Verge, Shovel Knight), but I'm not expecting to get something like that with our first month.

Same, but if it's something I like then I'm cool with having a physical version of it.

And yeah, I dunno, I think it'd have to be a real stinkeroo to not be worth 4 bux (like the aforementioned Dear Esther). I do agree that Darkest Dungeon would be a great one for October, but no doubt whatever it is is already locked in place.

#82 ka561668   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   167 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:08 PM

Trying it out. I've never heard of IndieBox before.

#83 Caterjunes   Me Bil CAGiversary!   1615 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:24 PM

We have some of our past boxes available on our store: store.theindiebox.com  :D

Well, if this month's package is delightful, then maybe I'll journey into the past a bit. :D

Yeah, I got the Stanley Parable. Pretty good box, and the case is a lot better than the Hand of Fate paper case the month before. Not much of a PC gamer though (I play most everything on PS4 and just subscribe to the box cuz I'm a huge indie fan) so I just really enjoyed the USBs as collectibles, never actually tried to use them to play a game with.

Those do look very neat. I have zero interest in physical copies of games (though the DRM-free aspect is certainly a good thing). The swag and the sometimes-displayable box seem like the bigger draw for me.

#84 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   891 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:18 PM

Signed up last night. For $4? Why not. Thanks for the promo!

#85 IndieBox  

IndieBox

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:25 PM

For $4, I'll give it a shot. TBH I have a hard time believing I'll continue to shell out for $29 a month for a mystery box, but you've got me interested.

Thanks for trying it out. Hope you enjoy the box :)

#86 IndieBox  

IndieBox

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:28 PM

All of the games we send out for our subscription service are Win/Mac/Linux :D

#87 IndieBox  

IndieBox

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:31 PM

W

We're looking into it. Please email support@theindiebox.com with any additional information you can provide.

#88 IndieBox  

IndieBox

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:44 PM

My best hope is it would be for a game I actually liked (even if I already owned it) so I would at least have a cool looking box to take a selfie with.  I really wish it would be themed months (I mean it just makes sense to do horror in October) and I'm honestly put off by the whole appropriate for all ages bit since it makes it less likely it would be something I like.  Maybe they should have a kids box and an adult box.  There just seems to be too many good indie games that would get skipped because of it.  

I know Lootcrate is doing a horror themed box this month and it's the first time I'm doing them for the same reason.  

We aren't exclusively shipping games for children, but we will want to send out a warning to subscribers if we were to send out a game that could be classified as an "M" rating. A lot of indie games aren't rated by the ESRB, so we use our best judgement.

If you head over to store.theindiebox.com you can see our past catalogue and see if those are the kinds of games you're interested in.

#89 saathe   Seasoned Cag (Curry) CAGiversary!   503 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:49 PM

Worked for me this morning, thanks so much.  Looking forward to the game announcement

#90 VaRIABLE SoUL   I Live in Rapture CAGiversary!   762 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

VaRIABLE SoUL

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:00 PM

Thx for the trial code, hope it's a great game :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: indie game, indie, free, subscription, indiebox, collectors edition, trial, free trial