- - - - -

[Deal Expired] Save $25 On Any IndieBox Subscription

indie game indie free subscription indiebox collectors edition trial free trial

#91 JohnHarker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1263 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

JohnHarker

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:03 PM

Cool, giving this a shot. Thanks for the promo!

#92 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2863 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:14 PM

We aren't exclusively shipping games for children, but we will want to send out a warning to subscribers if we were to send out a game that could be classified as an "M" rating. A lot of indie games aren't rated by the ESRB, so we use our best judgement.

If you head over to store.theindiebox.com you can see our past catalogue and see if those are the kinds of games you're interested in.

He probably, like most people, mistook "all-ages" as "for children." I don't see any reason kids couldn't play, for example, Hyper Light Drifter or Enter the Gungeon or something like that. As long as there aren't tits out, extreme gore, or people yelling Fuck.

You are right that most aren't rated, but there are some past games that would be equivalent to a T. Personally, I don't mind, I don't need any edgelord Hatreds or Slains in my life.

#93 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:01 PM

I personally cant believe so many people are complaining and bitching about how it could be a shitty game or a game they already have....its 4 bucks people...4 bucks....if its something you end up not likeing then cancel after this month but the fact that people are whining about something,of which isnt even out yet, that costs a whole 4 dollars is quite ridiculous.

#94 Kotor15   Banned Banned   3099 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:05 PM

I personally cant believe so many people are complaining and bitching about how it could be a shitty game or a game they already have....its 4 bucks people...4 bucks....if its something you end up not likeing then cancel after this month but the fact that people are whining about something,of which isnt even out yet, that costs a whole 4 dollars is quite ridiculous.

Every thread I go into, I see you complaining about people complaining, even if no one is complaining.

#95 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:07 PM

I better get a fire engine in my box or this will be the worst $4 I ever spent!

#96 IndieBox  

IndieBox

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:27 PM

Cool, giving this a shot. Thanks for the promo!

:D/ Woo hoo!

#97 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:36 PM

Every thread I go into, I see you complaining about people complaining, even if no one is complaining.

I think u need to learn to read because quite a few have been complaining but ok.

#98 Kotor15   Banned Banned   3099 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:38 PM

I think u need to learn to read because quite a few have been complaining but ok.

I'll let you off with a warning, but work on your content quality in the future.

#99 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2863 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:42 PM

Not really, all I can see are people who are going for it and just won't renew if it's a turd. Which I think is completely reasonable.

#100 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:49 PM

Not really, all I can see are people who are going for it and just won't renew if it's a turd. Which I think is completely reasonable.

So the drama will be in seeing if they really stepped their game up to a whole new level to capture those renewals and word of mouth or went the complete opposite direction knowing they were giving a bunch away.  I can't wait!

#101 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2863 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:02 PM

So the drama will be in seeing if they really stepped their game up to a whole new level to capture those renewals and word of mouth or went the complete opposite direction knowing they were giving a bunch away.  I can't wait!

Yep. Ideally it's the former, but who knows.

#102 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:37 PM

We aren't exclusively shipping games for children, but we will want to send out a warning to subscribers if we were to send out a game that could be classified as an "M" rating. A lot of indie games aren't rated by the ESRB, so we use our best judgement.

If you head over to store.theindiebox.com you can see our past catalogue and see if those are the kinds of games you're interested in.

Thanks for the link.  I've actually checked out the store from time to time to see if any of my favorite games have popped up for purchase.  Nothing yet, but I know you guys do have high quality games.  

I'm not sure how you guys decide what games to do, but do you guys ever do special editions on top of the monthly game?  I'd love to get stuff like 7 Days to Die in some sort of cool boxed version, for example, even though I already own it.  Maybe a special edition horror game every Halloween?  Not sure if the demand would be there overall, but just a suggestion.

Thanks again for the coupon and looking forward to see what we get this month!

#103 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   911 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:59 PM

Tease during the community live chat was a Spotify playlist of Norse/Viking-centric songs. Any ideas?

#104 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:03 PM

Tease during the community live chat was a Spotify playlist of Norse/Viking-centric songs. Any ideas?

If thats the theme, then ima go with Jotun.

#105 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:07 PM

He probably, like most people, mistook "all-ages" as "for children." I don't see any reason kids couldn't play, for example, Hyper Light Drifter or Enter the Gungeon or something like that. As long as there aren't tits out, extreme gore, or people yelling Fuck.

You are right that most aren't rated, but there are some past games that would be equivalent to a T. Personally, I don't mind, I don't need any edgelord Hatreds or Slains in my life.

Well, I'm not wanting any extreme violence or anything like that, I just know a lot of the games I like wouldn't be suitable for a 12 year old (which is what she mentioned earlier).  I know there are a lot cool and creepy games that would still be appropriate for 12 year olds so all hope is not lost yet!

You know, other than taking great care with my posts to not say anything offensive to the rep or others (like say calling someone's preference for games "dumb" simply because they aren't my own), I reviewed the entire thread after your comment and could only find a handful of "complaints" none of which were presented in an offensive manner.  Yet, you decide a few people asking questions or speculating on the game is enough to drop a sexist slur and accuse them of "bitching."  I just don't understand when people actually bring down a thread with inappropriate comments while pretending they're being altruistic.  

Anyway, as promised, Kara dropped an entertaining stream on Facebook just now where she answered questions and gave a hint about next month's game through a Spotify playlist.  I'll post the link here and hope CAG doesn't break it because I think it's a Spotify linked wrapped in FB referral link that's going to be wrapped in a CAG referral link:

http://l.facebook.co...Nov&h=qAQFbEdV1

My guess based on the music is Jotun, which I'd be more than happy with since I don't have it and it looks pretty interesting.  

#106 IndieBox  

IndieBox

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:10 PM

All right guys! All the vouchers have been redeemed. Be sure to follow us on your preferred social media channel so you can see what we're up to between now and when you get your box at the end of October. <3 <3 <3

I put together a playlist that teases next month's box on our Spotify account. Don't want to get in trouble for throwing links all over the place, but it can be found in the Facebook chat we did earlier (as IAmTheCheapestFox mentioned) or you can find us under IndieBoxMusic.

Have a good one! :)

#107 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2863 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:11 PM

My guess based on the music is Jotun, which I'd be more than happy with since I don't have it and it looks pretty interesting.  

If that is the case then no renewal from me because that thing is a disaster

e: Nevermind, I'm confusing it with some other nonsense one-word game. A thing with a girl and sword, it maybe sounded like Toriko? But Toriko is cool, so it's not that.

#108 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:17 PM

If that is the case then no renewal from me because that thing is a disaster

e: Nevermind, I'm confusing it with some other nonsense one-word game. A thing with a girl and sword, it maybe sounded like Toriko? But Toriko is cool, so it's not that.

You're probably thinking Toren?

http://store.steampo...com/app/320820/

Haven't played it, but has good reviews on Steam. 

#109 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2863 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:23 PM

You're probably thinking Toren?

http://store.steampo...com/app/320820/

Haven't played it, but has good reviews on Steam. 

Yeah, that's it. It's a goddamn mess. Never believe Steam reviews.

#110 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:28 PM

Jotun has a 79 on metacritic, and the art style looks amazing and the game from the trailer looks interesting so if it is indeed Jotun then I look forward to what the physical goodies could be and will be interested to play the game as well.

#111 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:20 PM

Pretty sure IndieBox liking my previous comment basically confirms that we are indeed getting Jotun.

#112 IndieBox  

IndieBox

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:24 PM

Pretty sure IndieBox liking my previous comment basically confirms that we are indeed getting Jotun.

Or maybe I just like that you are engaging and listening to my playlist :)

#113 jarheadgerman   Ultra Lurker CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

jarheadgerman

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:31 PM

Delete this.

#114 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9529 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:27 AM

There's a few Norse/Viking themed games on Steam, but I really hope it's Jotun. I don't have it, I think a lot of people here don't have it either, and it's actually a very good game. It would make sense too, the game's been out a full year as of tomorrow, and the developers just announced their new game 2 days ago.

I guess it could be The Banner Saga, which is good and all, but I have it already. I don't have the sequel on Steam, so that'd be nice as well, but much more unlikely.

Fingers crossed for Jotun then. Thank god it's probably not anything pretentious.

All of the games we send out for our subscription service are Win/Mac/Linux  :D

Thank you for the quick reply. My friend is happy to hear that.

I think most of us Steam thread regulars were expecting something we probably own already, but it only being $4 takes a lot of the sting out of that, especially if the physical goodies are cool (I know we're probably not getting a SNES USB controller, but that'd be fantastic). My only complaint would be if it was a game I really disliked to begin with. Like the aforementioned Dear Esther.

#115 IndieBox  

IndieBox

Posted 03 October 2016 - 03:13 PM

It's official! This month's IndieBox game is Jotun. Good job guessing, guys ;)

#116 United_Korea   Gunpla Addict CAGiversary!   1209 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

United_Korea

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:40 AM

Is october box going to ship anytime soon?

#117 aether23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   118 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:46 AM

Is october box going to ship anytime soon?

5 days later and im wondering the same thing

#118 LouMartyr  

LouMartyr

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:07 AM

I just e-mailed IndieBox support with my receipt attached from September when I placed the order.  No box has been delivered for October and under my account when I log in to IndieBox, it shows no past orders, but shows an active subscription that will be charged again next month.  Funny, since my credit card statement shows I was charged near the end of September for October's IndieBox which I never received...

I'm kind of worried now...

#119 Dashey10  

Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:33 PM

Haven't received mine either.

#120 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8668 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:34 PM

I just e-mailed IndieBox support with my receipt attached from September when I placed the order.  No box has been delivered for October and under my account when I log in to IndieBox, it shows no past orders, but shows an active subscription that will be charged again next month.  Funny, since my credit card statement shows I was charged near the end of September for October's IndieBox which I never received...

I'm kind of worried now...

Same here...wtf

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: indie game, indie, free, subscription, indiebox, collectors edition, trial, free trial