- - - - -

[Deal Expired] Save $25 On Any IndieBox Subscription

indie game indie free subscription indiebox collectors edition trial free trial

#151 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:13 PM

Wait....it's DRM free and on a CD?

You get a Steam key too.

And for comparison's sake, my Lootcrate this month came with:

Negan Walking Dead Shirt

Camp Crystal Lake Decorative Pennant

Halloween Pin

Freddy Kruger Chopsticks (coolest thing ever)

Leatherface Plush

Lootcrate hardcover book about 50 of the weirdest supervillians ever

That was $20 shipped.  

To me the Steam keys/games that come with these Indieboxes aren't worth much since I know I will eventually be able to get most indie games in a bundle for less than $1 or $2 at worst in Humble Monthly.

I get that Lootcrates are probably somewhat subsidized by working with big franchises who want to promote something (last month was TWD Season 7 premier, this month is Doctor Strange in the Lootcrate to promote the movie), but the difference in value between that and paying $24 for a Steam key, action figure, and keychain.  

#152 Auburn   No. 009 CAGiversary!   717 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:58 PM

To me the Steam keys/games that come with these Indieboxes aren't worth much since I know I will eventually be able to get most indie games in a bundle for less than $1 or $2 at worst in Humble Monthly.

I agree here. I've already picked up Jotun months ago for about $5 so the game has very little value to me. It's very rare that I'll ever be happy spending $25 on a Steam indie game; let alone one that has been around for a while. If it was ever to be worth it, the bonuses would have to be pretty damn sweet. Unfortunately, in this case, they are not.

#153 ka561668   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   167 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:09 PM

Maybe I should be emailing them I still haven't seen my tracking number yet.

#154 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:14 PM

And just as an update to the shipping - it got to my local post office today, but won't be delivered until Monday.  Veteran's Day is tomorrow and there's the weekend too, but it's still one of the main reasons I dislike this UPS innovations delivery.  

#155 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4208 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:40 PM

This was not the bundle to convince anyone to subscribe.

#156 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:00 PM

This was not the bundle to convince anyone to subscribe.

This is the exact reason why they gave it away for basically nothing because they knew this months box was absolute shit.

#157 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:09 AM

Got my box earlier than what the tracking stated. I like the quality of the items but the the box is very small and not very impressive. There is a small paper inside listing all "7"  items and I'm sorry but I don't consider the game case, game manual, and game disc separate items. That is a stretch. Even if it was on time the contents of the box are not worth the full asking price.

#158 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:25 AM

Got my box earlier than what the tracking stated. I like the quality of the items but the the box is very small and not very impressive. There is a small paper inside listing all "7"  items and I'm sorry but I don't consider the game case, game manual, and game disc separate items. That is a stretch. Even if it was on time the contents of the box are not worth the full asking price.

Like i said if your gonna do a promo to try and bring in subs then this was an epic fail on their part imo, idk about the rest of you but I dont ever see myself getting another one of these unless they run another promo for basically a free box.

#159 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:07 PM

Like i said if your gonna do a promo to try and bring in subs then this was an epic fail on their part imo, idk about the rest of you but I dont ever see myself getting another one of these unless they run another promo for basically a free box.

I'll be honest, I'd been waiting for them to do an Indiebox for a game I actually loved, but at this point even that would not be enough.  This box was weak and I wouldn't even buy it for my favorite game.  

Anyone with a car has a keychain nowadays and probably 30 extras laying around. Keychains are basically useless.  A toy quality action figure is not impressive at all either.  At least make it a Pop like figure or some other semi-collectible thing.  Not sure if they mailed this one in or cut back because they were running this promo, but they severely dropped the ball on it and I have a worse view of the company after this than I did before this.  

#160 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 13 November 2016 - 06:29 AM

If anything I really like the game + soundtrack combo, the keychain and toy while good quality were not impressive / not enough. I think I might pick some of the steel case games from Gamestop if they stock them locally ( GS online fucks up orders all the time ) Indie Box needs to step up their box and shipping to get me going on their sub again.

#161 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4208 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2016 - 06:31 AM

This crap gave me the bundle box itch so I bought a Lootcrate for some dumbass reason.

#162 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:26 AM

I can't figure out what has more value.   The Jotun Steam key or the box.  Might sell the Steam key and just keep the DRM free in the box if I ever play it.  Feels like that would be easier and probably have more value, but who knows. 

#163 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8659 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:28 AM

...I cant get the axe into the figures hand.

Fail box is fail x.x

#164 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:43 PM

...I cant get the axe into the figures hand.

Fail box is fail x.x

I had to force it in but:

GZqdqng.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: indie game, indie, free, subscription, indiebox, collectors edition, trial, free trial