CAGcast #468: How to Fix a Broken Toilet

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Poop problems are prevalent as the gang discusses Forza Horizon 3, Cincinnati Comic Expo, PSVR Games, Xbox One S, No Man's Sky ad investigation, Oculus founder controversy, and so much more!

Download (1 hours 13 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS

https://audioboom.com/boos/5108473-cagcast-468-how-to-fix-a-broken-toilet

Get $5 off your order (with free shipping) at http://www.harrys.com with coupon code CAG
31698aa980ee65f99f1b267d9a1d5f2e06f30b00.jpg

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro -   Lykke Li - I Follow Rivers (The Magician Remix)

Outro - Man-E-Faces commercial, He-man

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook
Youtube (Subscribe)

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait for next week when Wombat says "I got Forza Horizon 3 for Free".

Also you couldn't save $6 on Amazon for River City: Tokyo City. Natsume themselves was selling it on Amazon as a 3rd party merchant. Very weird. They said more stock is on the way. And yes, I'll tweet at you when they put up more stock. :)

Trump was endorsed by David Duke, true. Hillary is of the party who created the KKK and actually has close ties to the KKK from Bird. There is also a KKK chapter publicly endorsing Clinton this year.

Can you at least acknowledge that on her part? 

Racism is a serious accusation and it's being thrown around like candy. 

More and more black voters are speaking out for Trump also.

On a side note, who is Shipwreck voting for or does he play it smart and not say. Just wondering since you guys did bring all this up.

I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things. Iknow what I’m doing and I listen to a lot of people, I talk to a lot of people and at the appropriate time I’ll tell you who the people are,

But my primary consultant is myself and I have a good instinct for this stuff.

Cheapie made a great pt.  Where's the uproar about this guy paying trolls to post on the internet?  Seems pretty low class.  

Might just be me, but I've learned a few things about hype and games over the years.  Don't believe it.  Don't listen to it.  Don't watch it.  Don't pay attention to it.  Wake me up when the game comes out.

The big Eurogamer NX rumor says the NX is  basically a Wii U Gamepad with breakaway controllers that also connects to your TV.

SEems like a tweener to me.  Or 1 device to rule them all.  

I take the rumor to mean that a player can use it as a touchscreen only device , as a portable although not pocketable gaming handheld, as  a portable console and as a home console.  

While I can see Cheapie's doom scenario of sales sliding down even further from 3ds levels as a possibility,  I think Nintendo is going to do something new enough and cheap enough and attractive enough to get off to a much better start and sell more units than the 3ds+Wii U.  I figure there is another gimmick up their sleeves.  Plus from the sound of things, this will be their 1 platform.  That means more games.  And it means Nintendo will attract both their handheld and console customers including those who didn't buy in this generation for one reason or another.  I also think smartphone games will have a halo effect on the NX.  And can't help but feel that Nintendo is going to incorporate smartphones into their platform in some fashion.

I tend to think too that the more people don't buy into something that is actually a pretty decent like the Wii U and its games, the more pent-up demand there will be for the next thing if they correct some of the barriers to entry that customers couldn't overcome while also coming up with something cool and new. 

The streaming music subscription part of Groove is actually a pretty good. Platform agnostic and works on everything. Thought not for me, I'm not that into music. I'm a little annoyed we can't access the free part that plays music from your OneDrive folder.

The VR talk was extremely disappointing. Those games sounded awful. Ship just had a tweet that really hit the nail on the head: the vr games feel like things we already did with a wiimote. That's exactly what they sounded like: Wii demos. And that's about the last thing I'm interested in. I've been skeptical of home VR, but hopeful. But it sounded like the content producers and I are on very different wavelengths. I want vr to take me places I've never been, or never could go. Take me to the bottom of the ocean, or to another planet. I would even love virtual tourism of real places. But I have zero interest in shooting nerf bows at monkeys. (You know, unless its on another world inhabited solely by monkey butlers that want to eat the fuel of my spaceship.)

I don't care what candidate Palmer Luckey supports, but how he is doing it and his attitude is just despicable.

Groove music a great example of the current gen. It gives us something we had years ago (custom playlists) and charges us extra for it. No thanks. I'd rather hear the car engine anyway.

Cheapie made a great pt. Where's the uproar about this guy paying trolls to post on the internet? Seems pretty low class.
For Cheapy to think that the bigger uproar should be about this guy paying trolls as opposed to him funding openly white supremacist groups is totally ridiculous. I understand though, you guys live in your white bubble and could care less about the plight of black people because that doesn't affect you. I'm sure if these cops were killing jewish people, you'd care a lot more.

In fact, I see Wombat being the most affected by a possible Trump presidency because he has a Hispanic wife and Hispanic kids but for the other two it will be business as usual.

I take offence to Cheapy downplaying the white supremacist aspect of that story but I get it. He's the typical white male blissfully ignorant about U.S. race relations.

Thank you for giving us your impressions of VR. I still have my pre-order and this is probably what will happen:

Get PSVR

Buy REZ Infinite

Play the **** out of it for a week

Sell PSVR on eBay

Unless the experience is a can'tlivewithout moment, I'll probably sell it. 

More and more black voters are speaking out for Trump also.

On a side note, who is Shipwreck voting for or does he play it smart and not say. Just wondering since you guys did bring all this up.
That is absolutely not true. Many black voters have been so disenchanted with the voting process that they are choosing to sit this one out. The few that are voting are choosing Hillary.

For Cheapy to think that the bigger uproar should be about this guy paying trolls as opposed to him funding openly white supremacist groups is totally ridiculous. I understand though, you guys live in your white bubble and could care less about the plight of black people because that doesn't affect you. I'm sure if these cops were killing jewish people, you'd care a lot more.

In fact, I see Wombat being the most affected by a possible Trump presidency because he has a Hispanic wife and Hispanic kids but for the other two it will be business as usual.

I take offence to Cheapy downplaying the white supremacist aspect of that story but I get it. He's the typical white male blissfully ignorant about U.S. race relations.
Yeah, the guy constantly begging his video gaming audience to watch the 8 hour OJ documentary (whose primary focus is on race relations/black experience), brings up frontline episodes on the matter and highly recommended Matt Taibbi's book The Divide is completely ignorant on U.S. race relations.

This shit is why I don't usually read the comments. I'm gonna go back to doing that. Smell you later.

This shit is why I don't usually read the comments. I'm gonna go back to doing that. Smell you later.
The comments aren't usually this bad. Maybe come back after the election.

I think the more controversial part of the podcast was the VR talk. It's too bad you weren't shown anything good. They should have had SportsBarVR (Pool Nation VR on PC). I played pool nation VR on the vive before and it was one of the most fun VR experiences. Screwing around in a VR bar is pretty fun.

Yeah, the guy constantly begging his video gaming audience to watch the 8 hour OJ documentary (whose primary focus is on race relations/black experience), brings up frontline episodes on the matter and highly recommended Matt Taibbi's book The Divide is completely ignorant on U.S. race relations.

I stand by my original statement. For you to suggest that Luckey's funding of internet trolls trumps (no pun intended) his financial support of known white supremacist groups speaks to a man completely ignorant on U.S. race relations. Thousands of cags are listening to this podcast. You actually have a platform to bring awareness to this issue and in this situation you completely missed the point. How is it that Wombat and Shipwreck saw that the funding of white supremacists was the heart of this story but you didn't?

This guy didn't just fund these racist groups for shits and giggles but with an evil intent. It goes beyond political affiliations.

The streaming music subscription part of Groove is actually a pretty good. Platform agnostic and works on everything. Thought not for me, I'm not that into music. I'm a little annoyed we can't access the free part that plays music from your OneDrive folder.
I thought using the Groove Radio station was free if you're using your own music? At least it said so here.

There's also this tutorial that makes it seem to be the case.

Test it out - I'm curious to see if that's actually the case. It would truly be silly if it required Groove Premium only to play your own music.

The modern day American with a leftest world view holds their very world view as the moral high ground (especially during election season). Anything that opposes that world view is not moral, ethical, or logical. There is no room for the discussion of other views or opinions. Very often, any sort of civil discussion is met with snark, sarcasm, personal attacks, etc. etc. as seen above.

It doesn't matter that Bill is factually a rapist, sexual predator, and scam artist. It doesn't matter that Hillary is factually a liar, felon, and racist. Clinton holds liberal views on cultural issues so a lot of liberals/leftists are going to stand behind her 100%. It doesn't matter that she is factually a war hawk or that she factually cheated Bernie out of the primaries. It's honestly sad that so many people are voting for her or Trump instead of a third party candidate.
Hey, you dropped your hat.

tin-foil-hat.jpg

I knew the feedback would be like this after what was talked about. People need to understand that you get one vote, do your part because in the end ranting on internet message boards gets neither party anything. Both sides are guilty of stuff. Everyone accept that we all share different point of views and it will make things easier.

All you need is Love!

The debate was stressful, so much anger and yelling. I was curious if you guys watched since it was viewed by like everyone it seemed.

I have never really been into racing games, I have played some and what I did play I enjoyed. Microsoft choose with Septembers games with gold they would give out Forza Horizon. I was pretty happy since now I really dont have an excuse to not play one. My biggest fear would be loving it so much that I will want 2 and 3 as well.

Wombat's weekly meal prep is a great idea and something that many families that work and have children in school should try. Im sure having the slow cooker helps tremendously.

This gif is what I picture when someone finds Shipwrecks "treasure" he left in the toilet
giphy.gif

I can't listen to you guys talk about Forza Horizon 3 because I really want to get it and Cheapy is such a big Horizon fan that your gonna make me end up spending $60 on it digitally. I missed that Target deal by 30 mins, my order went through and got cancelled.

Are you guys getting Titanfall 2? I assume that will be the CAG host shooter of choice this fall?

You want to talk about confusing pre-order "play on friday when the game comes out on tuesday" deals?

I pre-ordered fifa 17, but then found out if you get the $5/mo "origin access" deal, you can play the game on friday, plus you get 10% off the pre-order. So basically I had to cancel my pre-order, buy origin access, pre-order fifa again at 10% off ($1 cheaper than retail), cancel my origin access, and that allowed my to play the game starting on friday, though it was limited to 10 hours of game time until it released on tuesday.

Except for the fact that fifa came out in south korea at 10 am EST, so if you use a VPN you can access the game 14 hours earlier. 

Also, you can't cancel a pre-order on origin, so I had to call EA customer service to cancel my pre-order on a game I still planned on pre-ordering.

I'm probably in a group of .1% of people that cared enough to go through all this, but what a confusing world we live in.

The modern day American with a leftest world view holds their very world view as the moral high ground ...
Hmm complaining about "the left" acting all superior then pretty much saying they are all idiots who don't know the facts and get their news, if at all, from lightweight sources isn't really helping your cause there buddy. Most people think their own personal politics is the morally correct choice...right or left. That you think otherwise is baffling.

I have been listening to the show for a while, never commented or gave feedback, but the way these guys are turning to big sites that are detached from the general public is very disheartening. They are basically changing into "gamers are entitled brats", which is very disappointing. I guess getting free games slowly does that to you. 

The whole "No Man`s Sky is getting unfairly piled on" is a prime example of this. They keep saying Hello Games did not over promise and lie about what would be in the game, with one of them going as far saying the game he got was pretty much the same game that was promised by Hello Games!! I mean they don`t want to spend 15 minutes researching the subject. There are lists after lists with sources of the features that was promised and is not in the game, going up to like a month from the game`s release, it is right there for anyone see! 

It is honestly very sad that the cag crew are now in a place that they feel superior to the general public. I am waiting for the day that one of them uses the term "entitled", then I know we have lost another outlet.  

Anyway, I have been feeling like this for a while and needed to vent, not that I expect an answer or anythin.

PS: sorry for any grammar mistakes, English is not my first language. 

Gwick, it's not worth it man. Just enjoy the podcast for what it is. Three great guys being funny and talking about video games. You just have to ignore the political talk (it happens very rarely anyway). The modern day American with a leftest world view holds their very world view as the moral high ground (especially during election season). Anything that opposes that world view is not moral, ethical, or logical. There is no room for the discussion of other views or opinions. Very often, any sort of civil discussion is met with snark, sarcasm, personal attacks, etc. etc. as seen above.

It doesn't matter that Bill is factually a rapist, sexual predator, and scam artist. It doesn't matter that Hillary is factually a liar, felon, and racist. Clinton holds liberal views on cultural issues so a lot of liberals/leftists are going to stand behind her 100%. It doesn't matter that she is factually a war hawk or that she factually cheated Bernie out of the primaries. It's honestly sad that so many people are voting for her or Trump instead of a third party candidate.

There are tons of people who only get their news from places like Buzzfeed, Huffington Post, CNN, and comedy news shows. Because journalists now politicize everything or wrap every story around their own political views, people that only consume news from the bias sources of either side of the aisle automatically assume what they read/hear is 100% true. For example, everyone is obsessed about Trump making comments about Miss America twenty years ago. Ironically enough, no one points out the fact that Trump kept her from getting fired and, at the time, CNN wrote a hit piece on her calling her the "size of the universe". It doesn't matter, when it comes to politics, people believe whatever the loudest shouter on their side of the aisle tells them to believe.
You guys both seem fine

bread's done
Back