[Amazon Canada] Amazon Prime now giving 20% off Video Game Preorders. (and 2 weeks after release)

cashinstinct

CAGiversary!

Video game preorders and games 2 weeks after release now get 20% off listing price, so $16 off $80 price for example. Also apply for collector's editions.

You must have either a trial or an actual prime membership when placing the order and when the order ships to get the 20% off.

Look for your previous orders too, if some of them were at full list price.

See preorders here: amazon.ca video games pre-orders

Terms and conditions:

Promotion Details

Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.ca.
Offer does not apply to digital content.
Customer must have an active free trial or paid Prime subscription at the time of placing an order and the time of shipment to receive offer.
Shipping charges and taxes may apply to discounted and free promotional items.
The 20% discount applies to an items List Price and does not apply to an items already discounted price.
Offer is good while supplies last.
This offer is available to Prime members only.
Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
Offer does not apply to product bundles including but not limited to console game bundles.
If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Offer restricted to a quantity of 1 per qualifying item.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this probably kills off the Black Friday/E3 promos, I'll probably switch over Bestbuy?

I still can't see myself paying $80 for a Prime discount. That's equivalent to needing to buy $400 worth of full priced product to simply start hitting a discount. Anything I'm willing to shell out full price for I'd want to get from EB, so it doesn't get thrashed in the mail.

I'm sure I'll eventually have to jump onto Prime, after every other retailer fails...

If you still have your uni/college alumni email address or if you have a relatively that is currently in school, you can try and sign up for amazon student, which is only $39 a year

Wow, this is great for anyone who already makes use of Prime. It's about time we start getting some of the extra benefits that the US version provides.

Hrm, some people on NeoGaf are reporting they've been tossed refunds for games that've already been shipped in recent weeks, and already had E3 discounts stacked on them. If there's any kinda of stacking errors this would become instantly worthwhile for me... Now I don't know what to do.

Hrm, some people on NeoGaf are reporting they've been tossed refunds for games that've already been shipped in recent weeks, and already had E3 discounts stacked on them. If there's any kinda of stacking errors this would become instantly worthwhile for me... Now I don't know what to do.
I noticed that many of my existing pre-orders have changed their prices to the 20% off price... but on these E3 orders, that discount isn't typically applied until I'm charged for the item so I suppose it's possible we'll be getting double discount? Won't know until one of those items ships.

Recently moved to CA from the states and reflexively signed up for Prime anyway. Nice to see this perk shift over too. Looks like they already applied to it my previous orders as well.

Recently moved to CA from the states and reflexively signed up for Prime anyway. Nice to see this perk shift over too. Looks like they already applied to it my previous orders as well.
was it because of trump?

Last edited by a moderator:
It also applies to games 2 weeks after release.

Therefore, games such as Mafia 3, which released on Friday October 7, are $63.99 CAD  + taxes for 2 weeks. ($79.99 CAD - 20%).

If you don't pre-order a game (or forgot to), you can still get a discount.

I had Best Buy Merivale in Ottawa do a price match for Rise of the Tomb Raider tonight... The guy had no doubts that they would honor even the Prime prices so it it for $70.50 taxes included.

My darksiders order was not retroactively updated so i reordered.

As expected, the E3 preorders i have from 2015 (30%) and 2016 (20%) did not adjust at all either.

Speaking of which, Gears of War 4 ended up being 35 bucks + GST due to the 30% from 2015 being applied to the "price drop" to 50 during the 2016 sale.

My original 79.99 titanfall 2 pre-order though lost the 20% when they adjusted it to 50.

anyway, enough high-jacking!

love that they're doing this up here now

(i'm from the states as well, but circa 2012 ;D)

My original 79.99 titanfall 2 pre-order though lost the 20% when they adjusted it to 50.
Complain when it ships out at the incorrect price.

E3 preorders are supposed to have the discount stack over price adjustments. Just for the 2016 preorders they set it up so price adjustments eat away from the discount. That's normal for Prime orders, but not how they ever said the E3 discount works. If you don't complain, some games that had absurd placeholder prices are now cheaper to reorder with Prime. Paper Mario for instance was priced at $90 and has corrected to a real price of $75.

PS4 Sword Art Online Hollow Realization Collector's Ed is available for pre-order at Amazon.ca $189

With 20% off if you are a Prime member, it comes to $151.99.

If you have a student email account, I recommend getting Student Prime as it is cheaper yearly rate ($39 in case you want to keep the membership later on)

If you don't have a student email address, you can just sign-up for the regular Prime ($79 in case you want to keep the membership later on). 

bread's done
Back