Looking for a good game streaming and recording device for retro gaming

Marbles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'm looking for a good game streaming and recording device for retro gaming.

I already own the Elgato Game Capture HD, along with the component, composite, and S-video connections.
I thought it worked well.. until I tried to record/stream certain games on the PS1 and PS2.

Specifically the "Mega Man X Collection"
All the games in the collection regularly change resolution between 480 and lower.
The resolution of the animated/anime style cut scenes, the actual game play, and the save screen are all at different resolutions.

Using the Elgato software, whenever there was a scene transition from one to another, the stream/recording would have to stop, disconnect, then reconnect at the new resolution. I even tried forcing it to stay the standed 640x480 resolution, but it still caused the same problems.

So at the end of every level, when the game went from the Weapon Get to the save screen, or when I lost all my lives and it went to the same screen, the device would have to stop, disconnect, and reconnect, causing major problems with both the stream and the recording.

I could not get the component/composite/s-video connection to work with OBS, like I could with HDMI.

I'm looking for a recording/streaming device that would have such a limitation.
I was looking at the Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR or Rocket.

Any advice would be helpful, thank you!

I've been able to get it to work slightly better.

After screwing with OBS' configuration, I was able to get it to work, and to get the stream to stop disconnecting during resolution changes.
Now it briefly flashes "NO SIGNAL" for a couple seconds, but continues to work.. thankfully.

Not the best solution, but works for now

bread's done
Back