PS3 Serial number

I no longer own the system because it was lost when I had moved. It doesn't negate the fact that I had purchased the Fat PS3 between the period in question and had installed Linux on it.

I no longer own the system because it was lost when I had moved. It doesn't negate the fact that I had purchased the Fat PS3 between the period in question and had installed Linux on it.
Fair enough, maybe try calling Sony.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Do you also have proof that you installed Linux if you don't have a system anymore?  Otherwise you don't get the full amount.

You actually dont need serial number if you have proof of purchase such as credit card statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I switched from that bank already. But I think it's too much trouble for $55 much less the $9. I just thought there might've been an easier way. I still have my information for the Linux though.

Thanks for the input though. Much appreciated.

9$-55$ isnt much, and does seem like a lot of trouble, Hourly wage here is 10$/hr so it really isnt worth it if I have to spend an hour trying to conjur up the proofs. Since I cant get 55$, not going to bother.

9$-55$ isnt much, and does seem like a lot of trouble, Hourly wage here is 10$/hr so it really isnt worth it if I have to spend an hour trying to conjur up the proofs. Since I cant get 55$, not going to bother.
Do you actually have a Fat PS3 with low firmware? Today was the first time I installed OtherOS. The whole process took less than 10 mins once I found a working Ubuntu iso for PS3. Then I just took a picture and upload it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you actually have a Fat PS3 with low firmware? Today was the first time I installed OtherOS. The whole process took less than 10 mins once I found a working Ubuntu iso for PS3. Then I just took a picture and upload it.
The problem is I had bought the PS3 Phat in that time period for linux originally, when later removed I sold the system also because it was yloding on me. So now I only really have proof of having the system thru reciept or credit card statements as I dont have the system to show proof of linux usage. So at most I only qualify for 9$ if I choose to dig thru receipts for that period or even which credit card I used to find the statement. My situation is a bit different but yeah if someone has a phat lying around it surely shouldnt take much time to qualify for 55$.

bread's done
Back