Power Rangers (2017 Release) aka Guvyer Meets Chronicle

I've said this elsewhere, but I feel like the writers got confused on which season to adapt and made a DinoThunder movie instead of an MMPR movie.

- Red Ranger gets in trouble a lot and is easily frustrated by authority, but has a heart of gold and stands up to bullies to protect weaker kids.

- Blue Ranger is a black nerd (hah!) who is good with computers but gets bullied a lot, not very impulsive, and worries a lot about doing anything dangerous.

- Black Ranger is actually closer to Trent than Tommy, but looks to be a loner and keeps to himself a lot (based on the single shot we get of him since he's missing for most of the teaser). Bonus points if he has some sort of hidden talent in the arts and/or if he doesn't get along well with his dad.

- Both Pink and Yellow Rangers are ostracized from their female peers. Yellow Ranger is not too keen on being a superhero and warns against messing with the weird alien rocks, while Pink changes her hairdo and makeup to be "different" and "unique." Bonus points if one of them is highly intelligent but doesn't apply herself to schoolwork.

- Their powers are gained through a small piece from a mutated rock of alien origin (if you subscribe to the theory that the Energems created the DT meteor pieces) that gives them superpowers outside of their Morphed form, albeit all the same powers instead of different unique powers. Bonus points if they're bonded to their DNA like the confrontation with Rita at the end implies. Hell, they even have Connor's and Ethan's powers.

- The villain is a sexy woman in a very fetish-y outfit, speaks in a husky tone most of the time, loves to ham things up when need be, and already has lots of Foe Yay with the Rangers (at least Pink).

- The Zords, judging by the posters, looks to me a combination of organic and mechanical matter, sort of a Bio-Zord, if you will.

- The suits are so dominated by their main color that what little accent colors they have are easily ignored, with the main feature being one giant symbol on the chest.

If Goldar turns out to be Zordon's friend who was seemingly killed in an accident but reborn as a cyborg who wants revenge, I'm out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Burn it! Burn it all! Seriously, are we positive Michael Bay isn't attached to this project? This looks more awful with each passing day.

After looking over both this toy and an image passed around of what the Deluxe version will look like, it seems this is based on the Zeo Megazord instead of the original Megazord. The Mastadon and Triceratops are the lower legs like the fortress cannon Zords, the Saber-Toothed Tiger is the Bull Zord, the Tyrannosaurus Rex is the Sphinx Zord, and the Ptereodactyl is the Phoenix Zord, though with its wings spread out unlike the show version.

I predict Goldar is going to be a combination of Zen-Aku and Olympius while Alpha 5 is going to be Tensou with arms.

I feel like I've seen this robot before, like in the Avengers or some other scifi robot thing. I may also be getting Dino Thunder vibes from this.

Zeo was the best Power Rangers. :^o

Zord is kinda out there but still looking forward to this. Lol at anyone insulting this film before it's even out. If some of you like Pacific Rim and Transformers but hate this then your opinion is already null.

That's like saying you can't be annoyed at Fan4stic because you enjoyed Batman v Superman. 

Who's ready for freaky alien kid-appeal characters?

pimyljt5ivfth38dpzxk.png

Yes, I said alien. Alpha's not a robot in this version.

Is his head the earth? Also alpha 5 has always been a dorky kid appeal character so it's fine with me.

My main interest in this movie is the Megazord stuff since I love giant robot/monster movies, so as long as those scenes are handled well I'll be happy.

Is his head the earth? Also alpha 5 has always been a dorky kid appeal character so it's fine with me.

My main interest in this movie is the Megazord stuff since I love giant robot/monster movies, so as long as those scenes are handled well I'll be happy.
They will probably wait until the last 10 minutes and the fight will be like 90 seconds or something.

As long as they make it look like actors in costumes on a sound stage fighting in a fake looking city I'll be fine.

Call me crazy, but I kinda like the design of the Megazord, but their dinosaur forms are kinda meh. Hopefully the dragonzord will look better.

From the Rita and Goldar pics, I'm guessing that Rita was a former ranger and Goldar was either a former ranger or a prototype zord/ranger that merged with their zord.

As long as they have the MMPR guitar riff, I can't be disappointed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MWI4DfiCG8

I can really appreciate the fact that it looks like they're using a lot of wire-work as opposed to cg-ing everything despite how hokey some of it looks. The Goldar toy makes a lot more sense now too.

bread's done
Back