$79.99 Overwatch: Collector's Edition at Gamestop (B&M & Online) + Free Shipping

Well worth it! I got it for same price at launch and it's one of the better collector's editions out there IMO.

but I got a feeling we will be seeing it cheaper from other retailers if GS is already offering a discount.  Pretty sure it's been 90 on amazon at times, maybe just one platform. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you are crediting Slick Deals because that's where you first saw it posted, but it was actually posted on the CAG main page a day or two ago.  Not sure where they got that info from or why they didn't start a thread about it or even post it in the CE main thread.  Come to think of it, there have been a decent number of deals posted on the CAG main page that were not even mentioned in the forums....

Edit: nevermind, the CAG main page deal was posted after the Slick Deals thread so they may have gotten it from there.

Back on topic, if it goes down a little more I'll finally bite.

The deal so nice I got it twice. Got the game for PS4, kept the steelbook & game, sold the rest. Liked it enough to switch to PC, but I kept all the goodies (except the steelbook & postcards) the 2nd time.

Awesome deal went to a local store for PC version, also got 10% off with pro membership. Making it 72+ tax

Isn't the 10% off supposed to be on used items?
I noticed at a bunch of stores that they moved the Overwatch CE's over to a different SKU that qualifies for the pro discount even though it does not say "Pre-owned" or even "new" on the sticker. Unfortunately since they get moved to new sku's they do not show on the website locator.

I noticed at a bunch of stores that they moved the Overwatch CE's over to a different SKU that qualifies for the pro discount even though it does not say "Pre-owned" or even "new" on the sticker. Unfortunately since they get moved to new sku's they do not show on the website locator.
Oh yea I noticed it wasn't on the app locator thingy, but it's on the shelf, so that somehow got the 10% discount?

There are at least 2 of each platform at my main store. If I could sell the extras and keep the game, I might be interested in this deal. Is the art book any good?

There are at least 2 of each platform at my main store. If I could sell the extras and keep the game, I might be interested in this deal. Is the art book any good?
oh yea, it's pretty thick and comes with a plastic cover type sleeve. lowest I see on the the statue and art book is $50 each on ebay.

Oh ok. Thanks for the info. Had no idea that they do that. Hope I can find one near me.

Well worth it! I got it for same price at launch and it's one of the better collector's editions out there IMO.

but I got a feeling we will be seeing it cheaper from other retailers if GS is already offering a discount. Pretty sure it's been 90 on amazon at times, maybe just one platform.
crossing fingers that Best Buy has a crazy Black Friday deal on the CE

Wasnt this cheaper at Newegg during that 50% off? I think someone got it for $70
Yes i got it for $68.99 which includes $3.99 shipping cause ShopRunner wouldn't apply and I don't have Premier. Still worth it plus I didn't have to deal with GameStop potentially opening it or sending it missing items. My Kyrat Edition was gutted.

The artbook has a cool cover, but not as colorful as some of the other artbook from CEs, overall like a 8/10 book.

Only in stores, so YMMV
I've only ever seen the PC CE at mine. Until this thread, I didn't even known the CE had a PS4 and XB1 release...

It appears that the PC CE is the most valuable, with the XB1 being the least sought-after...tempted to scoop up any that are available locally to flip on eBay...might be worth it if they can sell for $150-ish. After fees and shipping it's a $40 profit, roughly.

Picked up the last PS4 version near me...no Pre-Owned conversion discount for me, unfortunately...but at that price I can't complain. Haven't opened it yet, but the box sure is hefty...feels worth it, haha.

Picked up the last PS4 version near me...no Pre-Owned conversion discount for me, unfortunately...but at that price I can't complain. Haven't opened it yet, but the box aure is hefty...feels worth it, haha.
The box art is amazing on these. It looks and feel very prime.

The box art is amazing on these. It looks and feel very prime.
Indeed it is, but I'll probably get rid of it...when I moved into my most recent apartment with my wife, I decided between the huge movie collection, Transformers collection (complete with tons of empty packaging, unopened figures, and duplicates), video games (including tons of collector's editions), and most recently a crap ton of LEGO sets...I needed to do something or we would be drowning in all of my material crap...s I tossed 90% of the packaging for my various CEs...stuff like the massive boxes for the Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Knight CEs...all tossed in the trash.

I'm probably going to need to get rid of more stuff, too...I have too much...it's frustrating at times to think about it :whistle2:/

#firstworldproblems

I bit at $80 considering that the PC CE seems to be harder to find on sale.

PUR didn't seem to add a discount though. For clarification, mine had expired and I was renewing but it did not pop in on the receipt. After seeing 79.99 + 14.99, I decided not to renew for now.

Just a word of caution, try to find this locally if you are going to buy it so you can see if its gutted or not.

Ordering from gamestop online is always a gamble in which "brand new" items are gutted and in alot of cases, missing items.

Just a word of caution, try to find this locally if you are going to buy it so you can see if its gutted or not.

Ordering from gamestop online is always a gamble in which "brand new" items are gutted and in alot of cases, missing items.
yea how gamestop can still do this is beyond me. And when you goto complain or say something they look at you like your being an ignorant/difficult customer. Like all stoes operate like that and it's common knowledge.

I refuse to buy anything thats opened from GS thats label new. I'll goto anther or just not get it.

2 questions. I haven't opened up my purchase yet.

(1) Do you still get the Widownaker pre-order skin with the CE? Was hoping they just mass bundled them with all CEs.

(2) Anything to lookout for in terms of "gutting"?

(1) Do you still get the Widownaker pre-order skin with the CE? Was hoping they just mass bundled them with all CEs.

All first edition Overwatch should have come with the Widowmaker "pre-order" noire skin so unless they produced more CEs then original batch then you should have the pre-order skin code in the steelbook.

all widowmaker skin should be in the steelbook game case.

I just opened mine...and I'm in awe. This is one of the most beautifull-conceived collector's editions I've ever had...everything about it is premium...well worth it.

This might be one of the few I keep the packaging for...it's just that good.

Edit: Also: yes, it does have the Widowmaker DLC code inside the steelbook.

I would buy it if anyone other than soldier 76 was included in statue form. he 's the most generic/boring hero in the whole game, the artbook looks amazing tho.

I know you are crediting Slick Deals because that's where you first saw it posted, but it was actually posted on the CAG main page a day or two ago. Not sure where they got that info from or why they didn't start a thread about it or even post it in the CE main thread. Come to think of it, there have been a decent number of deals posted on the CAG main page that were not even mentioned in the forums....

Edit: nevermind, the CAG main page deal was posted after the Slick Deals thread so they may have gotten it from there.

Back on topic, if it goes down a little more I'll finally bite.
Yeah I was wondering the same thing. On CAG Front page for days but does it really matter

Picked up a ps4 version today. Another store near me has a PC version, but my rig is so old and even though I keep buying PC games, I haven't played one in years.

Mine wasn't gutted like the last Collector's Edition I bought from Gamestop and there was a note saying "This is my favorite game, Hope you Enjoy :) "

Could trade my copy to BB for 43.20 and buy this, but can't seem to justify it in my head. 55 for an meh statue when all I really want is the steelbook and a flip through of the book.  Maybe I should just waste the money on some halloween loot boxes for that missing Roadhog skin. :wall:

bread's done
Back