* * * * - 4 votes

Best Buy - PS3/360 used game sale ($4.99 or less).

#91 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2479 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2016 - 07:36 PM

Local store has absolutely nothing.  They actually combined the used and new PS3 games into one area.  They had probably 30-40 copies of COD Ghosts for $7.99.

The PS3 and Vita sections are officially dead at Best Buy. Stores now have to figure out somewhere to put what is left until it gets low enough on clearance to sell out.

#92 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7566 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:36 PM

3 out of 4 of the games I've received so far were complete with cover art and manuals (if the original release even included manuals). Hopefully the disc only one comes back in stock, but I won't count on it. If it was still in stock I would just reorder it and trade this disc only one to GS for a measly $1 profit. 

#93 Haar  

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:56 PM

Welp,  all 3 out of 8 games I've received so far have been nothing but discs (two came in completely clear cases, with one even being loose in its case). Curse anyone who said Best Buy is usually good about having complete copies. At least two of them (Stick of Truth and Call of Duty 3) look to be very, very slight boomerangs if I finish them and decide that I can't live with myself for having disc-only copies on my shelf.

#94 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2479 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:05 PM

Welp,  all 3 out of 8 games I've received so far have been nothing but discs (two came in completely clear cases, with one even being loose in its case). Curse anyone who said Best Buy is usually good about having complete copies. At least two of them (Stick of Truth and Call of Duty 3) look to be very, very slight boomerangs if I finish them and decide that I can't live with myself for having disc-only copies on my shelf.

Sounds about right. Maybe 25-30% of the games my store gets from the company that reseals them are disc-only in a clear case.

#95 mexicanfan   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   579 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

mexicanfan

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:12 PM

As far as the cases/manuals at gamestop, I just buy them. They won't just give them to you. They have a 7 day no questions asked return policy on used games, so I will search and buy whatever titles meet my condition standards from various stores (I have 3-4 near me), and then do a little frankensteining and just return the inferior spare copy for a full refund later in the week. I usually just tell them I ran into huge money problems the next day, and couldn't afford the games, or they don't work and blame it on my console or some shit lol.

You are probably the type of guy that throws a fucking tantrum when a "new" game is sold to you gutted, but you happily do shady stuff with your returns. Dude, these are $5 games, don't expect awesome, perfect copies.

This comes from someone who used to work at GS. I hated customers like you.

The amount of "butthurt" on not getting complete copies blows my mind. People, these are $5 games. Play them and be happy.

#96 Dashey10  

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:37 PM

Got my copy of MGSV: The Phantom Pain :ps3: today and it looks great. Don't think this ever came with a manual or anything correct? For $5, I'm not complaining.

#97 EasyEducator   The Easy Educator CAGiversary!   685 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

EasyEducator

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:02 PM

Got my first 6 items today. Only 2 had cover art and the rest were just in clear cases. Probably just return those since they were just ps3 doubles of games I already own on xbox360. Holding out hope that the rest come complete.

#98 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1477 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:09 PM

4/6 games arrived. 1 missing artwork. I bought it for $4 on ebay because Fuck it why not.

Edit: I personally don't see anything wrong with swapping out with Gamestop. In store you know exactly what you're getting, and many of the people don't care if there is cover art or not. Imo they shouldn't even take disc only games, or they should sell/buy them at a big discount. They consistently bone me by throwing out ds cases so I don't feel bad getting a little one up here and there on them.

#99 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2722 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:33 PM

Got my copy of MGSV: The Phantom Pain :ps3: today and it looks great. Don't think this ever came with a manual or anything correct? For $5, I'm not complaining.

I'm almost certain MGSV did have a manual and even a map.  

#100 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2722 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:35 PM

You are probably the type of guy that throws a fucking tantrum when a "new" game is sold to you gutted, but you happily do shady stuff with your returns. Dude, these are $5 games, don't expect awesome, perfect copies.

The amount of "butthurt" on not getting complete copies blows my mind. People, these are $5 games. Play them and be happy.

Totally with you.  It's not that big deal at all.  I get it if you're at Gamestop and don't want to buy it if it doesn't have a manual/cover art.  But if you're buying online and think you're getting them - especially when you're buying games that are pretty much hard to find now or are no longer sold in stores - you're being delusional.

Almost everything used I buy at BBY comes without manual or boxart.  Don't care; I'm happy to just have the game.  

#101 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7201 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:39 PM

I understand where the collectors are coming from when it comes to having complete copies. Out of the hundreds of Xbox 360 games I own, I only have one that's disc only (Divinity). The other disc only games I've ended up with over the years got traded in to GameStop during their random trade bump promotions. With this sale, though, I'm going to be a bit more flexible since several of the games I ordered are considered hidden gems that probably weren't heavily printed and finding a disc to purchase locally is next to impossible. I'm also keeping in mind that the majority of them won't be re-released as a digital or physical copy due to licensing issues. But, to each, his own. Some of us mainly buy games to collect, some of us buy games to play, and then, there are others who do both. One thing is clear to me, though. Some of the best games of all time came out of the PS3, Wii and Xbox 360 generation. And it's probably the last generation for which I will own this many different titles. So, I take back my earlier complaints and I would like to thank the OP for bringing this sale to everyone's attention.

#102 JaytheGamefan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4299 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

JaytheGamefan

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:44 AM

Got my shipment today - which surprised me since I placed the order at about 1 AM a few days ago. Arkham Origins had a case, but no manual while RAGE and MW3 were disc-only in generic cases. Fine by me - for $1 out of pocket, I'm not going to complain.

#103 theking_13  

theking_13

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:51 AM

Resistance 3 and FFXIII Part 2 had case and manual; however Rage, SR3, and Beyond 2 Souls were generic case. Still not bad, will buy again and roll the dice. If I keep them sealed, no harm no foul?

Unless someone's moral compass guides me otherwise.

#104 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2012 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:44 AM

6 of 6 games came in generic case with disk. I'll keep a few, like Left 4 Dead because they were cheap. As old as these games are, I'll return 4 out of the 6 just because I don't feel the need to pay even this much for incomplete games this old when my backlog is already massive.

I expected a few disk only, but all 6? No thanks.

#105 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12797 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:46 AM

Just so you know, these are all my trade ins and every single one that lacks anything has my balls rubbed on them.

#106 TPerryoo7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1709 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:49 AM

Tantrum? No way. But I refuse to buy used games at new prices. And I hate Gamestop employees like you haha. So we are even. You have to understand the difference between a used/opened title, compared to a new sealed title. There is absolutely no excuse or substitute. I've never thrown a fit about it, I just ask, and then I won't buy it. No problem what so ever.

I've worked at Gamestop as well and I've always understood the customers FIRST. I understand people needing complete copies of their games. Maybe that why I was let go hmm?

But then again, that was before Gamestop started hiring people without video game knowledge or thoughtfulness. I know what happens there and their methods now, and say what you will about people, but I fully disagree about treating customers the way you do/did. Especially GAMERS.

Again may I remind people of the name of this website. Cheap ass gamer. What do you expect? I'm going to make my money go as far as humanly possible. Any way I do it, is fair as per return policy, as I've already explained that part.

Anyway as for my order from best buy, it figures, NONE of them came with manuals or cover art, haha. The discs are in good shape though. Looks like I have hunting to do!

#107 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7201 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:04 AM

6 of 6 games came in generic case with disk. I'll keep a few, like Left 4 Dead because they were cheap. As old as these games are, I'll return 4 out of the 6 just because I don't feel the need to pay even this much for incomplete games this old when my backlog is already massive.

I expected a few disk only, but all 6? No thanks.

Which games did you buy? Just curious.

#108 alucardus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

alucardus

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:33 AM

3 games arrived with no cover or manual. May return them.
SSX
Majin
Blazblue

#109 ToadKirby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   512 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

ToadKirby

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:36 AM

I went a little nuts-o and bought 18 games across 360 and ps3.  I think 3 or 4 came complete, and another couple just had original cases.  While $5 might be too much for some of these disk-only games, I give zero f's when I buy used from a place like BB or gamestop.  Most disks looked very good, with one being kinda meh, but I would bet it still works.  I'm satisfied getting disks that I have heard of in the past to add to the collection for a relatively low price.

#110 Kikyou1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   664 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:25 AM

Got Spec Ops: The Line, Singularity, DMC, GoW: Ascensions, MGS: Revengeance and Dead Island: Riptide

Wanted to get The Walking Dead 1&2 as well as a few other games but they where store pick up only and my store never has anything good.

#111 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2722 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:54 AM

I went a little nuts-o and bought 18 games across 360 and ps3.  I think 3 or 4 came complete, and another couple just had original cases.  While $5 might be too much for some of these disk-only games, I give zero f's when I buy used from a place like BB or gamestop.  Most disks looked very good, with one being kinda meh, but I would bet it still works.  I'm satisfied getting disks that I have heard of in the past to add to the collection for a relatively low price.

Yeah, the ones I bought are not at the Gamestops anywhere near me.  No way I'm driving 30+ miles for a game (frankly, I generally hate driving so any time I can avoid going to a store and go online is optimal - saves my time).  Putting aside the cost of gas and again, my time is just too valuable to waste driving around for these.  I'm happy to pay $5 which takes care of the driving and get the game.  Ultimately, the cover art is something I can just print and the manual doesn't matter for me on these games.

I bought 15.  I'm trying to cross out all the games I want on the PS3/360 generation.  I keep thinking I'm done and then I find a few more I want to add.  Was happy to get Folklore and Knights Contract :-)  

I think I have ~5-6 more and then I *really* am done with the last gen games.  I think I'm now just over 300 across those two consoles.

#112 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6571 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 27 October 2016 - 07:15 AM

I never got to finish Folklore though it's sitting on my game case right now. Wish they Release it for the PS4 though hats not going to happen. RETAILERS game too, just wish others saw it's potential with motion controls.

#113 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1477 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:44 AM

I want folklore as well but the no trophies part irks me haha. Anything without trophies that's cross platform I always get 360, but unfortunately there's a handful of early exclusives that slipped through.

As far as collecting goes, I'm at 110 ps3 games. I still need all the ratchet and clank ones, and then I'm about done. I'd say ~10 more, and then ~25 more (liberally) when I find stuff at really low prices. I'm a sucker for licensed movie games and $1 yardsale and flea market finds aren't too far off for ps3 gen.

#114 AndrewCounty   Alligator F**khouse CAGiversary!   241 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

AndrewCounty

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:05 PM

Yesterday I received some of my games.  Every disc was in perfect shape, but most didn't have cases or manuals.

Zone of the Enders HD 360 - Came with case and manual, pretty good shape

Overlord 2 360 - Disc only

Eternal Sonata 360 - Disc only

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom 360 - Case and manual, pretty good shape

Triple Pack 360 - Disc only

Disgaea 3 Absence of Justice PS3 - Disc only

El Shaddai Ascension of the Metatron 360 - Case and manual, pretty good shape

Maybe I'll find a pack of 360 and PS3 cases on ebay and then just print the covers.

#115 genesis49  

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:46 PM

I only ended up actually buying 2 games from this

Alan wake xbox 360
Tornado outbreak wii

I've been meaning to pick up alan wake for a while now, so I'm glad to finally get a cheap copy

Tornado outbreak for $2.50 it looks like a pretty fun game

#116 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14133 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:13 PM

Asura's Wrath and Lollipop Chainsaw are about the two major 360 titles I can think of that I want to buy.

Of course, they aren't available for shipping, and not in any of the stores near me. 

Dang...

#117 Miker525  

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:10 PM

Bayonetta :ps3: came complete which is awesome. X-blades came disc only in a DVD case. I'll probably keep it, just need to score a cheap 360 case from awd and hit up staples to print the cover art. Then i lol just have to find the instruction books for that and p4a on eBay or something but I'll be fine. This pseudo gambling is fun. Think I'll order some more games

#118 VagrantFate  

VagrantFate

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:25 PM

Off topic,  but was Gamers Club Unlocked always taxable because is showing up as $33 in cart online? 10% sales tax in my state. Could have sworn it was $30 even 2 years ago but I activated in-store. Is it only taxable online?

#119 garrett007   Before You Go-Go CAGiversary!   1183 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:43 PM

ordered both ninety nine nights games and both came in the basic dvd cases...

#120 Haar  

Posted 27 October 2016 - 07:17 PM

All eight of my games have come in already, which surprised me. Also surprising is that two of them came complete (The Last Remnant, Record of Agarest War), two came with cases (Devil May Cry HD Collection, Record of Agarest War Zero), and four came disc only (Call of Duty 3, Persona 4 Arena, SSX, and Stick of Truth). I'm fine with just having at least the artwork, so that's a 50% victory for me - though part of me was hoping I'd end up striking out and getting nothing but discs so I'd at least have a fun story to tell. Funnily enough, I already owned the two Agarest War games but could never find any locally that had even just the cases (three different Gamestops nearby with every single copy being disc only), so I lucked out there. I really wish P4A had come with a case, but I'll easily live with it at the price I paid.

What's strange, though, is that all of the games that actually came in their original cases were all cracked and beat up on the inside and had pieces of plastic floating around as a result. None of the games that came in the DVD cases had damage, either, so I wonder what caused it. Someone at the refurbishing center must hate green cases.