Hdmi 2.0a cable, what the best brand without spending a lot?

Mrclark2

Banned
I have a 4k tv with hdr now and I'm getting a ps4pro for sure and maybe a Xbox one s so I want to make sure I have 2.0a hdmi cables for hem. But I don't know a good brand that specifically says it's 2.0a. I looked at ones at bestbuy and they cost a small fortune.

Any suggestions on one's you like?

Thankyou

the a in 2.0a is a firmware upgrade, there aren't actual cables needed for the a revision.  It will still use 2.0 cables for 2.0a content so long as the TV & connected device have the HDR firmware running.

Go with anything you like on Amazon, brand/thickness/prettiness don't matter at all (not even thickness).

I prefer cool braided colored ones and pay more for it, but it's 100% because I like seeing them, not because I think they're better.

the a in 2.0a is a firmware upgrade, there aren't actual cables needed for the a revision. It will still use 2.0 cables for 2.0a content so long as the TV & connected device have the HDR firmware running.

Go with anything you like on Amazon, brand/thickness/prettiness don't matter at all (not even thickness).

I prefer cool braided colored ones and pay more for it, but it's 100% because I like seeing them, not because I think they're better.
Thanks. I didn't know 2.0 would still do 2.0a for hdr. Thought I needed a cable for it. I don't know squat about 4k stuff, didn't start reading more about hdmi versions till recently when I bought the TV and some kid was telling me I needed these 80 dollar hdmi cables they had at the store.

I recommend buying an HDMI premium certified cable from monoprice. I purchased one on Amazon, and it's the only cable I've owned that doesn't cut out when displaying my pc at 4k 60hz. I used to buy Amazon brand cables that claimed to do 4k 60hz but all 4 were garbage and involved return hassle.

Last edited:
bread's done
Back