* * * * - 5 votes

Mario Themed Limited Edition New 3DS thread

#61 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4451 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:55 PM

No picture of the front? I was considering getting a 2DS for my son for Christmas, but for $20 more. A 3DS one that folds seems much better.

Wish there was a Zelda or Pokémon version though.

You can buy an assortment of cover plates for the console.

https://store.ninten...oryId=cat600792

Example, https://store.ninten...oryId=cat600792

#62 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3564 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 08 November 2016 - 12:43 AM

Do we know for sure that the Switch doesn't have a touch screen?

#63 Kyle1022  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 12:54 AM

Nope, lots of industry insiders are speculating that the Switch will actually have both a touch screen and motion controls with the Joy-Con controllers. But based on the unveiling trailer and direct comments by Kimishima about how the dual-screen gameplay of the Wii U was actually a distraction, it's safe to say that with the Switch, you'll either be using the TV screen or the handheld screen. Not both simultaneously

#64 ghost1914  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:30 AM

Pretty tempting. If I see one I may grab it.

#65 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4451 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:57 AM

What would be the point?
When in home mode there would be no screen to touch, nor do the Joycons fused mode or pro controller seemingly have a touch pad.

Nope, lots of industry insiders are speculating that the Switch will actually have both a touch screen and motion controls with the Joy-Con controllers. But based on the unveiling trailer and direct comments by Kimishima about how the dual-screen gameplay of the Wii U was actually a distraction, it's safe to say that with the Switch, you'll either be using the TV screen or the handheld screen. Not both simultaneously

I've seen both sides, and as I said above, what would be the point of the touch screen when it has to be put into the holster.

Now motion controllers are still a toss up, but if it was featured.. you think they'd have shown it more in the reveal.

#66 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23268 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:59 AM

Nintendo has a pretty barren holiday line-up.. guessing these are gonna be plentiful in hopes of driving up game sales. 

#67 Mrclark2  

Mrclark2

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:52 AM

How does it compare in size to a 2ds? I might upgrade my girlfriends 2ds.

#68 Kyle1022  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:43 AM

what would be the point of the touch screen when it has to be put into the holster.

Now motion controllers are still a toss up, but if it was featured.. you think they'd have shown it more in the reveal.

Probably for optional touch controls (obviously useless when in docked mode) and for emulating 3/DS games and perhaps even Wii U games.

And no, they wouldn't necessarily have shown motion controls in the reveal if the system indeed has them. Kimishima has said that after the Wii U debacle, they're trying to distance themselves from the Wii brand name as much as possible. They wanted to avoid confusing consumers like with the Wii U, and wanted to get their point across that the Switch is a hybrid device that won't feature dual-screen gameplay. The specifics will come later

#69 RenoVatio  

RenoVatio

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:55 AM

Why is it so cheap? Sure, Switch is on the way soon, but this is literally half the price of a standard New 3DS XL and just a tad bit more than a 2DS. Even if it's just the one day for Black Friday, I don't see how Nintendo profits from this.

Odds are these things never cost Nintendo more than 100 dollars to produce anyway. They are probably still turning a profit per unit just not as great. It all works out in the end though, the 3ds is near the end of it's cycle and this will be a very limited sale, the people who miss out will already be in the store. Odds are they will just buy another 3ds at full price anyway if they needed one.

#70 MaximusDM   What is a man!? CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:09 PM

Does this one come with the charger? Its always been stupid they didn't include it.

#71 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6722 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:10 PM

Does this one come with the charger? Its always been stupid they didn't include it.

as usual, nope

#72 Ag_SurfR   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Ag_SurfR

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:54 PM

In for two  8-)

#73 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2625 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:49 PM

I'll probably grab one of these just to keep my streak of owning every version of every handheld Nintendo ever released. 8-)

#74 donny2112   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   773 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

donny2112

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:00 PM

Really thinking of getting this, too.  Hopefully Wal-Mart has it as one of their "guaranteed in-stock" items and/or there's an online way to get these easily (e.g. Best Buy early BF access or Amazon).

#75 Troe123  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:12 PM

Same size as 2ds? Never owned one so need to head to a store to get a feel for it for my abnormal bear hands.

#76 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1833 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:19 PM

Nintendo has a pretty barren holiday line-up.. guessing these are gonna be plentiful in hopes of driving up game sales.

. Pokémon comes out in 2 weeks and that's barren? Wii U I guesss but 3DS is far from barren

#77 ForgedInFire  

ForgedInFire

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:45 PM

I'll probably grab one of these just to keep my streak of owning every version of every handheld Nintendo ever released. 8-)

Any idea if this might be part of the Elite pre-sale?

#78 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4351 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:20 PM

Likely we'll find out where these will be at once the Black Friday ads are leaked early. My guess is Target will have it.

#79 sweetg1223   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   179 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

sweetg1223

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:51 PM

Welp, they've got my money. I just sold my XL for a profit back in August, so I wanted a cheap one for the new Pokemon games. Perfect timing.

#80 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4351 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:59 PM

You can buy an assortment of cover plates for the console.

https://store.ninten...oryId=cat600792

Example, https://store.ninten...oryId=cat600792

Thanks. I didn't know that. Looks like some cover plates are only available in other countries.

Looks like these white and black Mario covers can be bought separately as well.

https://ebgames.com....10-Nintendo-3DS

http://www.play-asia...mboss/13/7086np

http://www.play-asia...mboss/13/7086or

Maybe sell the covers on eBay. :)

#81 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11425 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:05 PM

I just want the god damned Boo plates. Back when Nintendo updated their store frequently i checked daily. The one damn day i have a test and forget to check they went up along with the Ambassador plates.

Ended up getting those later, but I have given up on Boo

#82 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2625 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:24 PM

Pretty likely.

#83 zeb06   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2072 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:38 PM

I just want the god damned Boo plates. Back when Nintendo updated their store frequently i checked daily. The one damn day i have a test and forget to check they went up along with the Ambassador plates.

Ended up getting those later, but I have given up on Boo

Yep, i check it every day and nada. I caught them that one day but when I went to check out they went out of stock. Didnt really have to have the ambassador plate but I would like the Boo plate. Sad thing is at this point I probably wouldnt even open it cause the thing is worth more than the console itself.

#84 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:19 PM

One can only hope!

#85 Toci  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:36 AM

Not going to risk my life for these lol.  I hope it's online as well.

#86 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23268 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:39 AM

. Pokémon comes out in 2 weeks and that's barren? Wii U I guesss but 3DS is far from barren

I guess I don't see your point or maybe mine came out wrong? Yeah, those are two HUGE releases (got my copies pre-ordered) but it's still just two games. Just saying, comparing the recent and upcoming releases on Nintendo's consoles appear to be barren compared to PS4/X1. 

No doubt Sun/Moon sales will be strong. Just saying they want more consoles out there to help drive software sales outside of just Sun/Moon, ie, people getting the $99 system and picking up games with it beyond just Sun/Moon.  

#87 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13104 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:01 AM

I guess I don't see your point or maybe mine came out wrong? Yeah, those are two HUGE releases (got my copies pre-ordered) but it's still just two games. Just saying, comparing the recent and upcoming releases on Nintendo's consoles appear to be barren compared to PS4/X1. 

No doubt Sun/Moon sales will be strong. Just saying they want more consoles out there to help drive software sales outside of just Sun/Moon, ie, people getting the $99 system and picking up games with it beyond just Sun/Moon.  

Mario Maker 3DS is also due out in early December so that's three huge releases during the holiday period.

Not to mention NES Minis are going to sell a ton.

#88 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:22 AM

Your doing black friday wrong if you think your life would be at risk.

#89 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6722 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:34 AM

I'll give you a helpful tip. When you're in line, yell that the eBay values for this 3DS dropped, and half the crown will leave!

#90 Vap   Banned Banned   1684 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:46 AM

Your doing black friday wrong if you think your life would be at risk.

Pretty much. Going to a store 3-5 hours after it opens has always worked well for me.