* * * * - 5 votes

Mario Themed Limited Edition New 3DS thread

#1831 cubby74354   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

cubby74354

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:14 PM

If anyone has ordered from Walmart.com, what is the shipping weight of your system? Mine is 16.24 pounds, according to FedEx. I have a feeling someone packaged the wrong item.

Mine says 17lbs and its marked overnight delivery.

#1832 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7656 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:16 PM

If anyone has ordered from Walmart.com, what is the shipping weight of your system? Mine is 16.24 pounds, according to FedEx. I have a feeling someone packaged the wrong item.

Or maybe your getting 4-5 of the item in question? Or maybe a PS4 or XB1, as anything is possible.

#1833 Boss   [Removed by Admin] CAGiversary!   2022 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:26 PM

Ouch... From Walmart, too bad it wasn't from Amazon, may have gotten some money back.

30516995404_e7443b3cf3_c.jpg

KfEKr.gif

Plus they stepped on it in the warehouse.

#1834 mossfan563   CAG 'til I die! CAGiversary!   1342 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:26 PM

My Walmart order of 11/23 is still in Processing.

Should I just prepare myself that it's going to be cancelled?

#1835 spoderman  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:35 PM

Got my white 3DS today. Dual TN and light bleed, but has a dead pixel on the touch screen near the top right. Gonna return it, sucks though.. may have kept it otherwise if it weren't for the dead pixel.

#1836 ZeroGame   zero game all luck CAGiversary!   1290 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:38 PM

Mine says 17lbs and its marked overnight delivery.

Mine says it weighs that much too. Here is hoping for extras. Lol

#1837 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   841 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:41 PM

You can erase all files on the SD card using a PC. the 3ds will rewrite the necessary files to the SD when it powers back on.

Thanks!

#1838 ShinAntonio  

ShinAntonio

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:43 PM

My FedEx shipment says 1.6 lbs

#1839 moopher   Uvula flicker CAGiversary!   1221 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:47 PM

Got my white 3DS today. Dual TN and light bleed, but has a dead pixel on the touch screen near the top right. Gonna return it, sucks though.. may have kept it otherwise if it weren't for the dead pixel.

Why not have Nintendo accept it for warranty service?

#1840 Al Sclerosis   Banned Banned   89 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Al Sclerosis

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:48 PM

Yeah, that's the complete BS of this all, is that users like you who just wanted the black for so long couldn't even get it due to more "dumb shit" from the masters.

It really is. As someone who was holding out for a black model forever, I feel bad for those who didn't get one. Black is easier on the eyes for extended play and the XL models are just too big and uncomfortable for some us. I don't understand why nintendo doesn't listen to the consumer. For what it's worth, a couple of the managers at gamestop that I have spoken with think the N3DS in the normal size will be available at the normal price of $150, sometime after the holiday - mainly because of pokemon. Sun & moon has been killing it and is supposed to function in conjunction with codename "Pokemon Star," which is the console version of Sun & Moon for the Switch. Never put it past Nintendo to squeeze a couple more dollars wherever possible.

Pokemon Star is a real thing, it's all but confirmed - if you dig through the Sun & Moon files the graphics are all much higher res than needed for the N3DS which alludes to the console version. By doing that from the get go, they have less work to do later. Hopefully, if there are more 3DS's, they will make some sort of a black one.

I think we're beginning to understand why these were $100 XD

I never had this much trouble with the Pokemon 20th Anniversary or Mario 3D land units I've seen (only saw 3 tho, not a huge sample size).

What could we expect for $100 though lol. Both mine and my sister's are dual TN based on serial number and weight. Haven't look at them yet, hoping that they at least have the better TN screen. Nevertheless, as long as the motherboard and graphics chip is of normal build quality I will be happy. I'm fortunately handy enough that I can change out the screens if I can find a used dual IPS from GS or OEM replacement IPS screens from online somewhere. I know it's an extra cost, but I really just wanted the black shell >.>

#1841 Minions   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   211 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:49 PM

My guess is whoever entered the weights put the decimal in the wrong place. Shipping weight of 16 = 1.6, shipping weight of 17 = 1.7lb

#1842 spoderman  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:50 PM

Why not have Nintendo accept it for warranty service?

Because I've been down that road before. I had a DSi XL serviced 5-6 times a few years ago, all of the ones they shipped back to me had problems (dust behind screen, stuck pixels, etc.). Not worth the hassle.

#1843 cowthe2000  

cowthe2000

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:04 PM

You act as if this isn't be lowest pricepoint on their newest piece of hardware and it's not holiday shopping season.
Next.

You act like this is an advertised product that. You act like Nintendo wouldn't understock a product.

#1844 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7656 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:25 PM

It really is. As someone who was holding out for a black model forever, I feel bad for those who didn't get one. Black is easier on the eyes for extended play and the XL models are just too big and uncomfortable for some us. I don't understand why nintendo doesn't listen to the consumer. For what it's worth, a couple of the managers at gamestop that I have spoken with think the N3DS in the normal size will be available at the normal price of $150, sometime after the holiday - mainly because of pokemon. Sun & moon has been killing it and is supposed to function in conjunction with codename "Pokemon Star," which is the console version of Sun & Moon for the Switch. Never put it past Nintendo to squeeze a couple more dollars wherever possible.

All I ever wanted was the White, and when it finally arrived, they made me buy that crap Animal Crossing bundle for a game they couldn't even give away, which was utter BS as well, but I was just happy to get the unit I wanted for so long, so I paid the premium for it.

Because I've been down that road before. I had a DSi XL serviced 5-6 times a few years ago, all of the ones they shipped back to me had problems (dust behind screen, stuck pixels, etc.). Not worth the hassle.

WOW, there repair service is crap now to uh? I can for sure see how the effects of the Wii U and low profits over the last 5 years has begin to take it's toll. They used to have top notch rewards program, CS was beyond belief at how good it was, system quality was pretty good, and the most important thing was the games where always well made and fun to play.

I guess all good things come to an end at some point.

#1845 Haar  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:33 PM

I actually had a good experience when I had to replace my white N3DS earlier this year after it somehow developed a crack on the top screen that progressively became larger as time went on  (I think the fact that the system is actually thinner than the other versions - take off the faceplate and you'll see what I mean - makes it more susceptible to damage). They completely replaced it and gave me a refurbished one that looked brand-new. Of course, I had to pay $100 because the warranty doesn't cover cracked screens, so that might factor into the level of service.

#1846 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:53 PM

The shipping labels on FedEx packages with listed weights are irrelevant.  I've shipped items out using FedEx before and entered random estimates before since they will bill me the actual weight at the end of the month.  I think commercial businesses do the same with UPS too.

#1847 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:21 PM

Pokemon Star is a real thing, it's all but confirmed - if you dig through the Sun & Moon files the graphics are all much higher res than needed for the N3DS which alludes to the console version. By doing that from the get go, they have less work to do later. Hopefully, if there are more 3DS's, they will make some sort of a black one.

What could we expect for $100 though lol. Both mine and my sister's are dual TN based on serial number and weight. Haven't look at them yet, hoping that they at least have the better TN screen. Nevertheless, as long as the motherboard and graphics chip is of normal build quality I will be happy. I'm fortunately handy enough that I can change out the screens if I can find a used dual IPS from GS or OEM replacement IPS screens from online somewhere. I know it's an extra cost, but I really just wanted the black shell >.>

i says after jan you will  see the  normal  3ds  go to  99 normal prices and   Xl to 149... they will clear them out for the switch 

#1848 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2902 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:22 PM

The shipping labels on FedEx packages with listed weights are irrelevant.  I've shipped items out using FedEx before and entered random estimates before since they will bill me the actual weight at the end of the month.  I think commercial businesses do the same with UPS too.

It would be nice if UPS/FedEx updated the tracking info once they've figured out how much the package actually weighs but that would make too much sense. :)

#1849 preston181   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1297 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

preston181

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:28 PM

1.6 lbs. Could be they forgot the decimal point.

#1850 spoderman  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:30 PM

I actually had a good experience when I had to replace my white N3DS earlier this year after it somehow developed a crack on the top screen that progressively became larger as time went on  (I think the fact that the system is actually thinner than the other versions - take off the faceplate and you'll see what I mean - makes it more susceptible to damage). They completely replaced it and gave me a refurbished one that looked brand-new. Of course, I had to pay $100 because the warranty doesn't cover cracked screens, so that might factor into the level of service.

Yeah I've heard of some good experiences with their refurbs, but I have terrible luck with this kind of thing. The actual service isn't that bad, they did eventually send me a check for the amount I paid which I thought was nice of them. Luckily the next DSi XL I bought I didn't have any issues with, aside from a slightly dimmer top screen but I lived with that.

#1851 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4111 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:31 PM

Ouch... From Walmart, too bad it wasn't from Amazon, may have gotten some money back.

30516995404_e7443b3cf3_c.jpg

When I got my NES Classic Controller, it was shipped in a big bubble envelope and smashed. I politely complained on Walmart chat. Since they didn't have any more stock, he refunded me the $10+tax. You might want to try the same thing and see if they do a partial refund or something. I was pretty impressed with the customer service for once.

#1852 Ninjaskrzypek   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   160 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Ninjaskrzypek

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:37 PM

Preordered from walmart on Sunday night. Got email today available for store pick up. That was fast

#1853 ghost1914  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:25 PM

Why do multiple people keep saying the switch is replacing the 3ds?

#1854 grumpier   What is this thing besides my name? CAGiversary!   566 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

grumpier

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:28 PM

Because it probably will

#1855 skrilla99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   466 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

skrilla99

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:38 PM

I've been stocking up on credit at Amazon and cash from getting rid of some games. Currently sitting on about $150 in Amazon and about $220 in cash for the switch. Hopefully it's as awesome as it seems to be.

Good luck getting a Switch. If the Classic NES and BF N3DS are any indication we're all fffffff.....screwed.

#1856 Haar  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:39 PM

Why do multiple people keep saying the switch is replacing the 3ds?

To be fair, there is a precedent for it. Remember when the DS wasn't replacing the GBA?

#1857 ghost1914  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:45 PM

To be fair, there is a precedent for it. Remember when the DS wasn't replacing the GBA?

well they were both handhelds so that was different.

#1858 TheGeonaut  

TheGeonaut

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:45 PM

Dang the in-store pickup guys from Walmart are beating me, I ordered last Wed night and it's "supposed" to arrive tomorrow. For some reason there was no ShippingPass 2 day shipping available when I checked out. 

#1859 elessar123  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:48 PM

Why wouldn't it? It's a portable system with a dock.

#1860 ghost1914  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:03 PM

Not saying it won't just seems everyone is like 100% sure it will but then again I forget I'm on the internet where everyone knows everything.