* * * * * 3 votes

Bloodborne Complete Edition [Digital] $20, Old Hunters DLC $8 for PlayStation Plus Members ($25 and $10 for Non-Members))

ps4 bloodborne old hunters dlc ps+

#1 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14354 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:00 PM

PlayStation Store offers PlayStation Plus members Bloodborne Complete Edition for $20 or Old Hunters DLC for $8.

#2 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8334 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:10 PM

What an excellent price! I paid $20 for the DLC, but never got around to it. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

#3 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   535 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:12 PM

... Isn't this the same info that goes into the Weekly PSN thread?

#4 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30637 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:18 PM

This belongs in the PSN Deals thread.

That thread is too hard to read with all the off topic and random chatter.

You don't have to read the thread, just look at the OP

There is WAY too much stuff in the OP, it's overwhelming and not even updated yet. I'm glad OP made this thread or I would have missed out on the deal.

Well that would have been on you, you have to put in at least a little bit of effort if youre looking for deals.

No I think it's fine if certain deals, like this one, get their own thread.

But how do you determine which games deserve their own thread and which ones don't?

#5 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1965 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

inb4 all the worthless lurkers who complain that the megathread is cluttered and too annoying to read through when in reality the only problem is that they're too lazy/impatient to read OPs and need to be spoonfed everything or they won't accept it

EDIT: beaten by less than a minute

#6 .Beowulf  

that's how excited some are that the dlc finally went on sale

can't blame the poor guy

#7 Skeptik82   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:30 PM

Election Day ballot:

Especially awesome deals like this deserve their own post:

Yes [X]

No [  ]

#8 GreigaBeast  

GreigaBeast

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:31 PM

Found it weird not on the sales on psn store but 3 games i found for .99 Cartoon Network Punchtime Explosion XL (smash bros clone), Falling skies for ps3 and  Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom for the vita . Not a huge fan of em but for .99 each aint bad. Possible price glitch or just price drop, who knows.

#9 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9380 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:31 PM

Found it weird not on the sales on psn store but 3 games i found for .99 Cartoon Network Punchtime Explosion XL (smash bros clone), Falling skies for ps3 and Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom for the vita . Not a huge fan of em but for .99 each aint bad. Possible price glitch or just price drop, who knows.

They've been like that for at least a week now. Could be permanent drops as sort of advertising for the shows they using. The Adventure Time game is particularly a decent Zelda clone.

#10 Tom Ato   Vine Ripened CAGiversary!   809 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:44 PM

This belongs in the PSN Deals thread.

That thread is too hard to read with all the off topic and random chatter.

You don't have to read the thread, just look at the OP

There is WAY too much stuff in the OP, it's overwhelming and not even updated yet. I'm glad OP made this thread or I would have missed out on the deal.

Well that would have been on you, you have to put in at least a little bit of effort if youre looking for deals.

No I think it's fine if certain deals, like this one, get their own thread.

But how do you determine which games deserve their own thread and which ones don't?

Are you doing both the argument and the rebuttal yourself, or am I having a stroke?

#11 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2782 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:30 PM

The PSN thread also has not been updated yet, Tanuki is asleep at the wheel.

Thanx for posting about this, I've been wanting to get the DLC for a while.

#12 e3man01   Cheap Assin' before most of you even picked up a controller CAGiversary!   362 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:55 PM

Sweet price on BB:Complete, can't wait to play it on the Pro upscaled and running smoother. Oh wait...

#13 lolwut?   Thank you BasedGod CAGiversary!   4385 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:30 PM

FINALLY

#14 GreigaBeast  

GreigaBeast

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:32 PM

They've been like that for at least a week now. Could be permanent drops as sort of advertising for the shows they using. The Adventure Time game is particularly a decent Zelda clone.

Cool , i didnt know that , just suprised for that price lol.

#15 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2132 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:41 PM

I've never been so torn on whether to jump on a deal.  On one hand, it was pretty fun when I borrowed it from the local library, and on the other hand, there's a 90% chance I still won't be able to get past level one and will be paying $20 to see the first half hour of the game on repeat for the rest of my days.  :-k

#16 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2782 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:37 AM

I've never been so torn on whether to jump on a deal.  On one hand, it was pretty fun when I borrowed it from the local library, and on the other hand, there's a 90% chance I still won't be able to get past level one and will be paying $20 to see the first half hour of the game on repeat for the rest of my days.  :-k

... Really? Bloodborne's the easiest Souls game, you can pretty much just mash your way through it because enemies get stunlocked so easily.

#17 NeoMonk  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:41 AM

I just don't find the appeal of this game just like Souls... Pass  =;

#18 Mrclark2  

Mrclark2

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:28 AM

... Really? Bloodborne's the easiest Souls game, you can pretty much just mash your way through it because enemies get stunlocked so easily.

The DLC any good?

I beat the core game. I'd like to play it again but I don't know how many people still play online, there were a couple bosses I had to have help on.

#19 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3143 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:35 AM

I wonder if complete will be much less in a year. Probably won't get around to it for awhile.

#20 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2132 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:50 AM

Yeah, I found it to be the hardest of the three I've played by far (the others being Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1).  But I never tried button-mashing, so maybe that's it. :P Difficulty can be totally subjective based on how you're used to approaching certain types of games.. the Souls series in general never fully clicked for me for that reason.

#21 KillScottKill  

KillScottKill

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:01 AM

The DLC any good?

Fantastic.

#22 Woltaire   2NE1 CAGiversary!   2287 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:07 AM

Thanks, been waiting for this.

#23 AsherFischell   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

AsherFischell

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:12 AM

When was the last time Amazon had their prices on PSN games match a sale?  It's a long shot, I know and I feel like it's been a long time, but I've got some promo credit on Amazon to burn.

#24 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3852 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:06 PM

The DLC any good?

I beat the core game. I'd like to play it again but I don't know how many people still play online, there were a couple bosses I had to have help on.

Best expansion to a game I've ever played. Also has one of the best boss battles in all vidya. 

MAGA and play it

#25 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2782 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:13 PM

The DLC any good?

I don't know, I got it now because it's never been on sale before.

#26 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1890 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:57 PM

The DLC any good?

Getting online help is tough even when the game was still newish, and at least two bosses are extremely difficult (more than the original bosses).  But the DLC is excellent, I never regretted paying full price for it, it is much more meaty than the first DS3 DLC.  It starts out very similar in look and feel, but later gets really good.

#27 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2782 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:09 PM

Yeah, I found it to be the hardest of the three I've played by far (the others being Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1).  But I never tried button-mashing, so maybe that's it. :P Difficulty can be totally subjective based on how you're used to approaching certain types of games.. the Souls series in general never fully clicked for me for that reason.

Yeah, I did find it more difficult early on before I realized that. I usually play Souls games with big two-handed weapons, but with Bloodborne the key is to just mash on every enemy so they can't fight back. Getting the platinum ended up more tedious than anything else (especially since it made doing the god-awful chalice dungeons necessary), but I could blow through the game in about 2 hours. That was exacerbated by how NG+s don't scale difficulty properly, though.

DS3 is actually pretty similar, or at least it was at launch -- they messed up the damage scaling for 2H weapons that made them nearly worthless, as 1H weapons only did slightly less damage but were much faster. I found that out aboooout 90% through the game.

#28 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5419 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:08 PM

Hmm...this and the vanilla version of Bloodborne on disc or import the European complete version on disc?

#29 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3522 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:43 PM

Yeah, I did find it more difficult early on before I realized that. I usually play Souls games with big two-handed weapons, but with Bloodborne the key is to just mash on every enemy so they can't fight back. Getting the platinum ended up more tedious than anything else (especially since it made doing the god-awful chalice dungeons necessary), but I could blow through the game in about 2 hours. That was exacerbated by how NG+s don't scale difficulty properly, though.

DS3 is actually pretty similar, or at least it was at launch -- they messed up the damage scaling for 2H weapons that made them nearly worthless, as 1H weapons only did slightly less damage but were much faster. I found that out aboooout 90% through the game.

on my first pass, couldn't get past Father G and gave up even with the music box.  I couldn't get the hang of using the pistol to stun then go in with the axe/sword, etc.  Although I did button mash that other same level boss near the bridge after a couple tries.

You didn't find grinding for that last stone in Demon Souls an issue?  The rest of the game was great but having to grind those red phantoms for that one stone took me probably about 40 hours on it's own...sneak/backstab kill/suicide over and over again  At least in the souls game, there was much less randomness/rarity for shards/slabs to the platinum.

Anyhow, back on topic, I do have a physical copy of bloodborne and am on the fence whether I'm going back to it and will want the DLC IF I get back to it.....guess I'll just wait as I still have a backlog (but who doesn't?) of games I'd probably play first.

#30 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2782 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:52 PM

on my first pass, couldn't get past Father G and gave up even with the music box.  I couldn't get the hang of using the pistol to stun then go in with the axe/sword, etc.  Although I did button mash that other same level boss near the bridge after a couple tries.

You didn't find grinding for that last stone in Demon Souls an issue?  The rest of the game was great but having to grind those red phantoms for that one stone took me probably about 40 hours on it's own...sneak/backstab kill/suicide over and over again  At least in the souls game, there was much less randomness/rarity for shards/slabs to the platinum.

Oh, I never tried for Platinums in the others because they always seemed like a huge hassle. All the unique weapons requiring boss souls, etc. I knew at Bloodborne could be done in ~3 playthroughs + chalice dungeons, and that was okay with me, but I was definitely sick of the game by the end.

And I dunno what you're saying about the Souls games having less randomness, isn't that exactly what you're saying about grinding? There was no grinding as far as I recall in Bloodborne. The Chalice dungeons had a set progression (since despite being designed haphazardly to look randomized, they weren't -- only the Root ones were) and those were where you had to get a couple of weapons and blood sigils or whatever those were called. They were still always in the same spots.

And yes, there are a couple of bosses that you can't mash in Bloodborne. Papa Gassy is definitely an early roadblock but he's probably one of the hardest bosses in the game. I think in the back third of that game I beat almost all of the bosses without dying once, which was very strange. There's one in particular that's super easy except for sometimes when he does a homing attack that kills you in one hit. I never even saw him do it until the third playthrough, but apparently he can do it at any time.

I've heard Old Hunters is harder than the original game, so I'm looking forward to that.