* * * * * 3 votes

Bloodborne Complete Edition [Digital] $20, Old Hunters DLC $8 for PlayStation Plus Members ($25 and $10 for Non-Members))

ps4 bloodborne old hunters dlc ps+

#31 phoenixlau   backlogged CAGiversary!   514 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:25 PM

on my first pass, couldn't get past Father G and gave up even with the music box.  I couldn't get the hang of using the pistol to stun then go in with the axe/sword, etc. 

Use the gravestones to keep a physical buffer between you and him.  This allows you to cheese him through the gravestones with long reach attacks, e.g. with Hunter Axe's spin-2-win.  Towards the latter part of the fight you're still going to need to do some real dodging, but this cuts the danger time down to something more manageable.  Didn't need to use the music box or any parrying, it's all about that dodge/roll.

#32 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4011 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:47 PM

Hmm...this and the vanilla version of Bloodborne on disc or import the European complete version on disc?

I have the vanilla version on disc but still bought the digital complete edition. $20 is a fantastic price for this game plus the Old Hunters DLC, no need to worry about swapping the disc in the future. I'm not great at these kinds of games but I really love the atmosphere, fantastic game.

#33 DANIEL   DANNY FAKnTASTIC CAGiversary!   1299 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:50 PM

amazon tends to price match PSN on digital sales.

any chance this will happen with the old hunters dlc?

#34 Woltaire   2NE1 CAGiversary!   2287 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:14 PM

Anyone know if there is a way to tell if your system actually downloaded the DLC?  I have the vanilla version on disc and just bought the DLC separately, but there is no option to download that I am aware of.  I've scanned through my notifications and on the store page it just says "purchased."  Is it just supposed to be an unlock key? 

#35 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2782 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:31 PM

Anyone know if there is a way to tell if your system actually downloaded the DLC?  I have the vanilla version on disc and just bought the DLC separately, but there is no option to download that I am aware of.  I've scanned through my notifications and on the store page it just says "purchased."  Is it just supposed to be an unlock key? 

When you have the game selected in the XMB, press down and there should be an option to "view add-ons". If it isn't downloaded, you can select the arrow there to do so.  I would imagine it is just an unlock, and the actual download was within a title update.

#36 Woltaire   2NE1 CAGiversary!   2287 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:24 PM

When you have the game selected in the XMB, press down and there should be an option to "view add-ons". If it isn't downloaded, you can select the arrow there to do so.  I would imagine it is just an unlock, and the actual download was within a title update.

Thanks. It says the DLC was already installed so I guess it is just an unlock key.

#37 matrix9280   CAGiversary! Banned   1839 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

matrix9280

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:56 AM

The epitome of disc locked content.

#38 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2782 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:44 AM

The epitome of disc locked content.

Except it's not on the disc.

I did just reinstall from the disc and there's a 9gb title update, that's where the DLC is.

Thanks for the post, please try reading next time.