* * - - - 8 votes

NES Classic on Amazon at 2pm PST 11/11

#1 silphalion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   201 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:17 AM

Not really a deal, but I know some people didn't get a preorder. Just got an email from Amazon.

The NES Classic will be available for sale at 2:00 p.m. PT on Friday, November 11. Purchases are limited to one per customer, and 1-Click Ordering will be disabled for this item. Please make sure you've updated your credit card and shipping information to help you move quickly through the checkout process. We have very limited quantities of this item, however we will be receiving additional quantities over the coming weeks. Please act quickly at 2:00 p.m. PT on Friday for your best chance at buying an NES Classic.

Demand is expected to be very high, and there's no guarantee that it will remain in stock for long. We will make similar announcements when additional inventory becomes available.

https://www.amazon.c..._1_0_2558842702

Not sure if these will really be hard to find, as some reports say stores are getting 30+, but if you miss out at B&M, this could be an option.

#2 Petey Parker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Petey Parker

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:47 PM

B&M seems to be the only way to get this on release day. My pre-order just shipped from Target and with their slow delivery speed there's no way it arrives tomorrow. My back-up pre-order from TRU hasn't even shipped yet. I am off tomorrow but I'll have my son with me. I doubt I'll be able to stand in line at Target at open. The only thing I really need to score at this point is an extra controller.

#3 Sarang01   My Use Name Is Saber CAGiversary!   5586 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:24 PM

B&M seems to be the only way to get this on release day. My pre-order just shipped from Target and with their slow delivery speed there's no way it arrives tomorrow. My back-up pre-order from TRU hasn't even shipped yet. I am off tomorrow but I'll have my son with me. I doubt I'll be able to stand in line at Target at open. The only thing I really need to score at this point is an extra controller.

I hope you're wrong as I want to trade one of these for a Famicom Mini as well as keeping one of these for myself.  If the NES Classic controllers d-pad ends up as jacked up as the original I'd sell it for half.

#4 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3940 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:34 PM

I heard the controller cord is horribly short. Does anyone know any options to extend it?

#5 dav2sil  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:50 PM

I heard the controller cord is horribly short. Does anyone know any options to extend it?

http://m.gamestop.co...-edition/136452

#6 Bivensra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1028 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:52 PM

Amazon option. Plan on buying system from BB Friday morning if they do not have this I will order from Amazon.IMG_3924.PNG

#7 zeldaking  

zeldaking

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:54 PM

yes - thanks OP

#8 Mrclark2  

Mrclark2

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:00 PM

https://www.amazon.c...=I26PREU9YH1DZG

Or

https://www.amazon.c...WMB85W2C25B7G8H

Or

https://www.amazon.c...WMB85W2C25B7G8H

Or

http://www.bestbuy.c...p?skuId=5616700

Please god dont order from lamestop as someone else mentioned.

#9 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1233 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:04 PM

I was gonna buy this but I have cartridges of all the games included so I guess it'd be a stupid buy. 

#10 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   838 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:06 PM

Best Buy will be selling an Insignia brand six foot extension cable on release day, but I would definitely recommend supporting GameStop's superior version instead.

#11 Petey Parker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Petey Parker

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:06 PM

I hope you're wrong as I want to trade one of these for a Famicom Mini as well as keeping one of these for myself.  If the NES Classic controllers d-pad ends up as jacked up as the original I'd sell it for half.

I meant to actually physically have it in your hands on release day. Amazon and Best Buy don't have online ordering available for delivery tomorrow.

#12 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3559 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:44 PM

Mine's being delivered today from target!

#13 NeoMonk  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:47 PM

Yet they won't ship my PRO because it's out of stock apparently even though I pre-ordered weeks ago... 

#14 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8212 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:52 PM

I need to score a few more controllers. Hopefully some stores like Target, and GameStop will have a few in stock.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

#15 Petey Parker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Petey Parker

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:00 PM

Did you pay for overnight shipping? My tracking tells me between 11/16 and 11/18.

#16 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3559 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:12 PM

Did you pay for overnight shipping? My tracking tells me between 11/16 and 11/18.

naw but it shipped from the same state I'm in. It was ups surepost but says a ups driver will be in the area today instead of doing surepost.

I'm not in a huge rush for it but pretty cool getting it early :D

#17 joshxx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:52 PM

so best buy never did a preorder right? did they announced any online plans on when they're going to start the sale?

#18 CAG 79   CAG for 14 years CAGiversary!   2328 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:55 PM

I'm tired of Nintendo and their limited supply bullshit. Oh make sure you're at your computer at the right time or else get ready to go to eBay and pay double or triple the value if you really want it just because it's "rare" and "sold out" everywhere. If you only make your products in limited quantities then guess what, people will just buy what is available. It's this kind of business model that will always make Nintendo playing catch up to Microsoft and Sony. There is absolutely no reason why Nintendo has to create limited quantities of this thing. /rant

#19 mcthatch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1078 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:58 PM

I'm tired of Nintendo and their limited supply bullshit. Oh make sure you're at your computer at the right time or else get ready to go to eBay and pay double or triple the value if you really want it just because it's "rare" and "sold out" everywhere. If you only make your products in limited quantities then guess what, people will just buy what is available. It's this kind of business model that will always make Nintendo playing catch up to Microsoft and Sony. There is absolutely no reason why Nintendo has to create limited quantities of this thing. /rant

It's expected. Controlling production quantities upon release has been a Nintendo policy since arcade cabinets in the early 1980s. It's part of their DNA. 

#20 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3559 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:35 PM

so best buy never did a preorder right? did they announced any online plans on when they're going to start the sale?

I don't think so but I'd be checking at midnight/threw the day if you want one from bb. if amazon is selling tomorrow, BB should be too. 

#21 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2096 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:47 PM

A lot of stores didn't do preorders because Nintendo told them not to. I really doubt accessories companies would even bother making things for this if it was going to be super limited.

#22 PaleGreen   Take as needed for pain CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

PaleGreen

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:56 PM

Best Buy will be selling an Insignia brand six foot extension cable on release day, but I would definitely recommend supporting GameStop's superior version instead.

What makes the GS version superior?

#23 Retroxcellance   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1280 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Retroxcellance

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:05 PM

Sarcasm

#24 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3558 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:26 PM

This is the controller I'm most curious about.

http://www.bestbuy.c...p?skuId=5655564

9 foot cable and looks a good deal like the NES Advantage (which I loved the hell out of.)  

Gotta admit that spending over $100 between cables, console, and controllers for an NES emulator seems pretty damn funny to me.  (But right now, something funny is a good thing.)  

#25 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2096 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:28 PM

Nothing. They are probably made in the same factory in China.

#26 NoNeedF0RaName   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   112 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

NoNeedF0RaName

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:30 PM

The short cords and the inability to add more games or even cartridge support makes this a pass for me.

#27 Pig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   216 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:45 PM

Reports from my local stores:

Walmart had no idea what i was talking about

Target said they had 6 and only 1 gamepad

Toys R Us said they got 18

Gotta make the rounds to best buy and game stop. im sure within these and planning to be "in line" early i shouldnt have an issue. Here's hoping anyway.

edit: the one GS i called said they had 12. 

#28 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2096 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:57 PM

Best Buy is doing a ticket system if stores get lines and there will be a limit of 2 per customer. My store got 45. One of the smallest stores in the company is nearby and they still got 10.

#29 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6604 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 06:35 PM

Best Buy is doing a ticket system if stores get lines and there will be a limit of 2 per customer. My store got 45. One of the smallest stores in the company is nearby and they still got 10.

I'll be checking online at midnight. I want one so bad and no clue why.

#30 TheNeck   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   568 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 06:37 PM

i wish they would limit 1 per customer instead. that way 45 people get them instead of half that many.