* * * * - 3 votes

PlayStation 4 Pro $340 @ Target after 10% Wish List Coupon and 5% Red Card ($360 w/o Red Card)

ps4 pro target

#271 Lil Frier  

Posted 23 November 2016 - 02:22 PM

Also, went to Target last night. They have a PS4 Pro in the case, despite the site saying they're out and their being out a couple of days ago. However, while I can order it online for in-store pickup at a store 1-2 hours away, it won't let me do so at my local store. Lame. Is the Wish List coupon something you can use at any register, or does it have to be at CS? Was really hoping to just do an online order, rather than having to drag my sister or her husband back out there.

#272 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2902 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2016 - 04:03 PM

Using an SSD still decreases load times, so by definition it can't be pointless.

Key word you forgot is "minimally".  I could go out and drop $600-$700 on a 2TB SSD and be cool with it.  But shaving off maybe a second from load times is not worth $600+ dollars.

$69 bucks gets you a 2TB HD.  In MY eyes it is pointless.  And this is coming from a guy who has multiple SSD drives in his PC's.

#273 JCDogg911   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   340 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

JCDogg911

Posted 23 November 2016 - 04:39 PM

Also, went to Target last night. They have a PS4 Pro in the case, despite the site saying they're out and their being out a couple of days ago. However, while I can order it online for in-store pickup at a store 1-2 hours away, it won't let me do so at my local store. Lame. Is the Wish List coupon something you can use at any register, or does it have to be at CS? Was really hoping to just do an online order, rather than having to drag my sister or her husband back out there.

There has to be at least three items in store before it can be ordered online for in store pick up. They do that so there's no issue when it comes to ordering the last one that someone could be purchasing in store at the same time. The coupon can be used in store also along with your redcard. I'm still debating as I need a 4K tv to justify getting one as my current PS4 was the COD BO3 system. 

#274 Lil Frier  

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:31 PM

There has to be at least three items in store before it can be ordered online for in store pick up. They do that so there's no issue when it comes to ordering the last one that someone could be purchasing in store at the same time. The coupon can be used in store also along with your redcard. I'm still debating as I need a 4K tv to justify getting one as my current PS4 was the COD BO3 system. 

Makes sense, just was confused because a) they had 0 on Sunday, and b) they only say "1 in stock" at a few stores in other cities by me.

Also, even though a certain person might get mad if I do it, I recommend the 55KU6300. Target has it at $547, and if you can get the Wish List coupon on top of it, you'll be able to get it for $500. I was able to get the Redcard discount too, so it was $468 before tax. Given Best Buy's Black Friday price for the cut-down model (55KU6270) is $480, it's hard to argue against it if you want a 4K TV that isn't too pricey.

#275 teknodude   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

teknodude

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:45 PM

Just bought a ps4 pro. The online system allowed me to stack two 10% coupons, where one was wishlist and the other was a mail coupon that I got as reminder to activate my redcard. In addition, I had to chat with two CSR before one was willing to apply the 15% registry coupon. The CSR would not honor the full 15% as it was not eligible for electronics, but would apply 10% refund after I purchased the system. I felt the 10% for the registry was reasonable, so submitted the order got a 10% refund.

Overall with taxes, I paid $304.71. This is 35% off ( 10% wishlist, 10% mail coupon, 10% refund and 5% redcard) Will be picking it up shortly.

#276 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49875 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:49 AM

Sure, that's generally how SSDs work, though. Is there really a load time difference that would make people think the SSD is worth the price on a console though? I kind of think of big SSDs as something where you either can afford it and get it, or can't and tell yourself you don't really care. If the PS4 let you supplement it with an external drive like the XB1 and a PC does, it would be a much easier call. If you're not one to play many games at once, you could probably just get a small one and run with that.

What is the post-format amount of space you get, by the way? Wondering what kind of space the OS and such eats up.

I'm either looking at spending $90 on a 2TB BarraCuda 2.5" drive or $120 on a 2TB FireCuda 2.5" SSHD drive.   $30 difference to shave some load times from a non-SSHD drive is money I'm good on spending, which is a 33% price increase.    Spending 400% more on a 2TB SSD for some slight increase in load times, that's a different matter entirely. 

I truly wish the PS4 Pro had a 1/4" higher drive bay, so you could put 15mm drives in there and if it did, we could do 3TB - 5TB drives.  Nope, they kept the same 9.5mm height for the drive bay, so 2TB is it unless you go with that Nyko DataBank abomination, engineer some solution of your own or spend $1300-$1500 on a 4TB SSD.   If they did external drives like the X1, I'd be very happy with it.   I have a 4TB external drive and a 500GB SSD (850 Evo in a USB enclosure) on my XB1S and the SSD does give some reasonable speedup for games I play regularly or benefit from some faster access. 

#277 AxyzN  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 03:04 PM

Does the wish list still generate 10% off code or is it dead? I'm unsuccessful trying on two accounts with 4 lists each. Really want it for the 2TB GoW4 bundle.

#278 ejoshie  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 03:31 PM

I plan on doing a lot of purchasing at Target today, specifically a PS4 Pro. If I buy it today at 399, could I use the 14-day "price match" policy Target has and re-ring it for the 15% off on the 27th? Thank you so much.

#279 Gdogg   Scarlett Johansson's future ex-husband CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 04:17 PM

I plan on doing a lot of purchasing at Target today, specifically a PS4 Pro. If I buy it today at 399, could I use the 14-day "price match" policy Target has and re-ring it for the 15% off on the 27th? Thank you so much.

15% off?   Is that when you get your registry coupon or something?

#280 Gdogg   Scarlett Johansson's future ex-husband CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:53 PM

So I just got a 4k TV (LG 65UH7700)  I remember reading that all ps4's will be getting HDR support.  Are there games that I can play on my OG PS4 in HDR on my new tv?    I'll be getting a ps4pro on Sunday but I don't want to wait to see what it's like!

#281 StilesCrisis   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   132 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

StilesCrisis

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:15 PM

So I just got a 4k TV (LG 65UH7700)  I remember reading that all ps4's will be getting HDR support.  Are there games that I can play on my OG PS4 in HDR on my new tv?    I'll be getting a ps4pro on Sunday but I don't want to wait to see what it's like!

Lots of standard PS4 games support HDR. The Last of Us, Uncharted 4 and Deus Ex:MD are three good titles off the top of my head. On my TV I didn't notice a dramatic difference, but it's not like I was toggling HDR on and off constantly to compare :)

#282 fredyyy  

Posted 27 November 2016 - 01:56 PM

I'm not able to find the 10% coupon from kids wish list app? can anyone help me please