4K Blu-ray deals & discussion thread

anderson4145

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
A few people have mentioned that we should start a 4k thread. Hopefully if this is popular enough that a mod will make it permanent. To start off so far I've wathced Pineapple Express, Chappie, and Enders Game in 4k. I thought Pineapple and chapple looked great, they were crisp and the colors were fantastic. Enders looked better than the 1080p blu but wasn't as impressive. 

I know best buy is going to have $17.99 4k movies on black friday, I'm hoping for some $15 one though.

4k price tracker

http://www.blu-ray.com/deals/?retailerid=1&sortby=price&category=4kbluray

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy currently has Wild for $14.99 and Joy for $16.99.  Not bad for a couple decent movies from the last two years.

Yeah I have asked for the 4K thread multiple times, so we def need this. 

So far I have Deadpool, Sausage Party, The Shallows, The Revenant, and Xmen - and they are all amazing. I got them all "on sale" and some with freebie promo items, so we NEED this thread so I can contribute. Not going to dig through the regular Blu Ray thread to post my deals, and find deals, on 4K's. 

I just tried to watch Now You See Me on my xbox and it wouldn't recognize the disc. I called microsoft and they told me to call the studio. Has anyone had an issue playing this disc?

Any deals right now? If I buy Mad Max on 4k, could I pick it up on Black Friday and return that copy? I want to show my brother what they look like since he upgraded his tv, and maybe convince him to upgrade his XB1. I'd like to do that before Black Friday as that is a much bigger discount on the XB1.

You can return it, as long as the SKU is the same. Walmart at times will have a sticker with a different SKU on it for their Black Friday deals.

Would consider double dipping for the star trek movies but they're all close to the thirty. Hopefully they show up on sale somewhere this week.

I just tried to watch Now You See Me on my xbox and it wouldn't recognize the disc. I called microsoft and they told me to call the studio. Has anyone had an issue playing this disc?
Because the Xbox doesn't play 4K discs. It can only stream them.

Apparently i'm wrong. Ignore me.

I assume you are try to watch the 4k UHD version on a Xbox One S? If so, I had the exact same problem with a launch Xbox One S. I tried two different disks but neither would play. Other 4k disks worked fine. I ended up returning the launch Xbox One S since HDR gaming wasn't working on my Vizio P-series at that time and got the Samsung UHD player instead, which played the Now You See Me 4k disk just fine.

Since then my Vizio P-series has been firmware updated to support 4k HDR gaming. My PS4 Pro is working great and I ordered a Gears of War Xbox One S through Newegg's sale, so it comes tomorrow. I will re-try Now You See Me and see if it works this time around.

In terms of deals, I'm waiting to see something on the Bourne 4k disks. I missed the deal at Bestbuy earlier where you could get the $99 set for half price when you bought another movie. I'm hoping for a Black Friday deal on the individual disks or the set.

i had same problem. best buy told me there was 3 4k movies that will not work on the s. not sure the other 2 but now you see me is one of them

The Mechanic is 10% off at Target in store with Cartwheel. The regular price is $26.99 before discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a current (until 12/3) 20% all movies Cartwheel discount at Target, though I'm not sure if it excludes 4K.  Doesn't hurt to try.

Best Buy should be running a quantity deal right now, buy 2 save $10 or buy 3 save $20.  They seem to have a few on clearance (like Warcraft) for $19.99 each too.

Best Buy should be running a quantity deal right now, buy 2 save $10 or buy 3 save $20. They seem to have a few on clearance (like Warcraft) for $19.99 each too.
Thanks, I'll look into it. Consider everything is a double dip for me I'm trying to fin these things at cheaper prices.

Best Buy should be running a quantity deal right now, buy 2 save $10 or buy 3 save $20. They seem to have a few on clearance (like Warcraft) for $19.99 each too.
Considering getting Hunger Games 1,2,3 for $34 or so. Do they come with UHD UV copies?

Hoping to upgrade to 4K TV, new receiver and speakers with Atmos in the near future. I actually would have last week but I don't wan to buy the Xbox One S I want to hold out for the Scorpio version. 

Right now Best Buy is taking $25 off orders of $100 or more if you use Visa Checkout. Not the best deal since there aren't any good 4K deals to stack it with, but it's a deal and this thread needs more deal talk.

Just found this thread; I would have hoped for more sales on the UHD discs this holiday season, as 4k TV's are getting pushed hard by retailers, and quickly becoming the norm, but haven't found anything fantastic yet. I am not usually a movie buying type of person, since I usually only watch stuff once, but I really want to see what these things look like played on my XB1S.

Just found this thread; I would have hoped for more sales on the UHD discs this holiday season, as 4k TV's are getting pushed hard by retailers, and quickly becoming the norm, but haven't found anything fantastic yet. I am not usually a movie buying type of person, since I usually only watch stuff once, but I really want to see what these things look like played on my XB1S.
What will really be funny though is all those people still watching DVDs on their brand new 4K TVs. Retailers like Walmart aren't helping by heavily favoring DVDs over Blu Rays and 4K media.

What will really be funny though is all those people still watching DVDs on their brand new 4K TVs. Retailers like Walmart aren't helping by heavily favoring DVDs over Blu Rays and 4K media.
I'm sure there's enough of a percentage to make it sort of scary. Some TV seasons are only coming out on DVD or more stupidly, they start out on BD and they continue on DVD only. Such as:

Turn (AMC)

The Americans (FX)

Sleepy Hollow (FOX)

Plus others I can't think of off-hand.

I've been having trouble with certain movies not stacking with the BS2S10/B3S20, despite being in the list of eligible titles. I guess they're betting on stupid people not noticing at checkout, or maybe it's their policy that "just because an item is declared eligible, doesn't mean you will get the discount."

I think that titles on backorder do not work with the BB promo. Anything available immediately seems to work, but the older Star Trek w/ bonus features and other back-order titles wouldn't trigger the discount for me.

At current prices I was able to grab Labyrinth, Crouching Tiger, and Secret Life of Pets for a reasonable amount, but I couldn't really find any other combo of titles that felt like a good deal.

I'm sure there's enough of a percentage to make it sort of scary. Some TV seasons are only coming out on DVD or more stupidly, they start out on BD and they continue on DVD only. Such as:

Turn (AMC)
The Americans (FX)
Sleepy Hollow (FOX)

Plus others I can't think of off-hand.
regular Show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walked into Best Buy and laughed when I saw the packaging for Hunger Games 4K Collection - individually I'd save $20 with a price match on Mockingjay Part 2 but I figure I'll give it a couple weeks. Meantime, I think the best deal at $20 a movie is the Bourne Collection in 4K for $99, plus it actually has a really nice sleeve for everything (unlike that shitty plastique used for Hunger Games).

Don't spend $100 on the Bourne collection. I just finished watching it and was pretty disappointed with the pq. I only paid $45 so not too upset but I don't get why such popular movies didn't get better transfers.

Mechanic resurrection 4k is $19.99 on Amazon and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children 4k is $22.99.  If I price match those two and get a sully 4k for $24.99 at Bestbuy.  Do I still get $20 off 3 UHD movies?  

Mechanic resurrection 4k is $19.99 on Amazon and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children 4k is $22.99. If I price match those two and get a sully 4k for $24.99 at Bestbuy. Do I still get $20 off 3 UHD movies?
I've had mixed experiences with doing PMs plus other package deals all working on the same transaction. Why don't you try it tomorrow and tell us how it all works out?

Bourne Collection is $20 off @ $79.99 - stacks with their 4K discounts; Saved an additional $20 when I paired it with Hunger Games 1 & 2. Total cost after tax = $95.32

Mechanic resurrection 4k is $19.99 on Amazon and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children 4k is $22.99. If I price match those two and get a sully 4k for $24.99 at Bestbuy. Do I still get $20 off 3 UHD movies?
They tend not to do both price matching and quantity discounts: usually one or the other. Yet, even though Target has for at least the last couple years specifically warned their cashiers not to do PMs and Cartwheel in the same transaction, to this day people are still able to pull it off, while others are shot down.

On the BB B2S$10, B3S$30 offer, nothing marked on the site as "clearance" will count towards it, despite being on their list of eligible titles.

bread's done
Back